Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:02:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 351
Total: 351

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: help please  (Read 28379 times)

Offline MNFBUC

help please
« on: September 19, 2006, 11:08:49 am »
i received oral sex from a girl who told me she was negative..i wanted to make sure so i got tested at 3 months and once again past 6 months .. all elisa's negative...i know that testing beyond 6 months is not recommended, but i still cannot get the "rare cases of people sero-converting 6-12 months" off of my mind.. do i need another test at 12 months, or is this outdated information and 6 months would be the longest one would have to wait, either being a healthy person or a VI drug user, chemo patient, etc....

Offline MNFBUC

Re: help please
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 11:32:03 am »
will someone please answer me ...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 12:36:54 pm »
MN,

Patience, mate! We can't all be online every minute of every day.

You never needed to test in the first place. Getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection, no matter what sort of spin you want to put on it. Saliva is NOT infectious as saliva contains over a dozen different elements that render hiv incapable of infecting a new host.

A three month test is conclusive. Forget the scare-mongering, CYA information at the CDC. In fact, the vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six WEEKS. Three months is conclusive.

But once again, getting your dick sucked is not going to result in hiv infection. Read through the Welcome Thread and follow the Transmission Lesson link so you can learn just what is a risk and what isn't.

Here's what you need to do to remain hiv negative:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 08:41:51 am »
one more question..and thank you i might add for replying...so the 6-12 month mark was the "old" late seroconversion?  .. now the late seroconversion is 3-6 months? .. am i right?>   if i am right...that means no more tests needed since i tested past 6 months? ...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 08:52:44 am »
MN,

You didn't need testing past the three month test.

It beats the hell out of me why some websites insist on carrying outdated information. The fact is, virtually ALL infections can be caught by six WEEKS. The three month window only exists to catch the rare person who takes a little longer than six weeks to produce enough antibodies to be detected.

And lets not forget, you didn't have a risk in the first place.

Make sure you are using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you'll remain hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 08:56:48 am »
thanks ann...i truly admire you..you bring so much joy to people's lives...i can tell that just by reading these forums...ive been worrying about this episode for over a year...and seeing how you are up to date on hiv information...you have eased my fears once and for all...thanks alot...

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 11:20:09 am »
one more thing..anyone's answer is greatly appreciated...im just curious of why back in the old days could some one take 6-12 months to seroconvert...was this even possible...or did they just wait that long to test since the window period was 6-12 months....if someone could have waited that long, why couldnt it take that long today...im sorry to bug yall...just needed this last question answered..i swear this is the last one...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 11:57:37 am »
The difference regarding when to test for a reliable result in the past, i.e. 6 months or beyond as contrasted with the currently CDC recommended 3 months is not because people were seroconverting at a later point.

It's because the tests are much more sensitive now and can get an accurate result much sooner. Also, science has discovered the average time to seroconversion is 22 days, and all but the very smallest number will seroconvert within 4-6 weeks after an exposure to the HIV virus. With that in mind the CDC has ammended its recommended testing point to 13 weeks/3 months except in cases involving IV drug use or a severely depleted immune system due to cancer treatment or the like.

So you can with confidence trust a negative result at 13 weeks. No kidding.
Andy Velez

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 08:42:18 pm »
and the 3-6 month mark is for the drug and cancer people right?  and no one past 6 .. am i on the right track?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 08:49:33 pm »
No you are not correct. 3 months are for people that don't use drugs, are not on chemo, are not transplant recipients, are not on any anti-rejections drugs and are not immune suppressed.

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 08:54:51 pm »
when do cancer people and drug users seroconvert then rapid?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 09:00:34 pm »
They can convert anywhere from 4 weeks to 6 months. Only Chemo/or chemo related drugs can lengthen the window in cancer patients. If a cancer patient are on no drugs at all, then it would be the 3 month conclusive test.

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 09:03:59 pm »
thats what i thought...beyond 6 months for anyone like ann said in a previous forum is outdated info and no one does that anymore with advanced tests today correct?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 09:18:19 pm »
You're correct.  ;)

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 09:27:14 pm »
thanks man...take it easy

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 11:18:24 am »
alright guys..i believe i have got it....yalls help has been very great...let me make sure i got all the information correct...

ok average time to seroconvert is 22 days... 3 months is conclusive if someone is not on drugs, chemo, receiving transplants, or any thing else to that nature....

if your on drugs, chemo, receiving transplants, etc.. testing out to 6 months will be considered definite ...

with advanced testing today, and since science has came a long way finding out information about seroconversion... no one will seroconvert past 6 months , since the tests are so sensitive today and would be able to pick it up within 6 months..

this is how i understand anything...please tell me if im right 100%.. and if i am...i will have successfully overcome my fears...thanks all

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2006, 11:44:16 am »
Yes, you got it

Now all you have to do is let go of this concern and get on with your life.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 11:47:54 am »
thank you AIDSMEDS...( thats everyone ) .. a special thanks to ANDY, ANN, and RAPID...you guys are great...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 12:21:31 pm »
MN,

I want to clarify something here. When we cite drug use as a possible reason a person might take a little longer than normal to seroconvert, we mean someone who is an injecting drug user, who is using every day of every week and has been for YEARS. We're talking-heavy duty, chronic drug abuse, not smoking the odd joint or doing a few lines at the weekend. There's really not many people who fall into this heavy-duty category.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2006, 01:18:32 pm »
thanks ann.... ann .. or anyone really... i seen a post from a few months ago when you said no one will seroconvert past 6 months since science has proved this in many ways...when you say no one will seroconvert past 6 ,, is that including healthy people and drug users, chemo patients, etc... just wanted to clarify...this is the last thing keeping me from forgetting it...im pretty sure the 6 month mark is the cut-off for EVERYONE..no matter what...but just wanted to make sure...thanks .. anyone's comments are appreciated

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2006, 02:46:33 pm »
MNFBUC, which one of the catagories do you fall in that serocoverting would not happen by the three months?

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2006, 02:52:29 pm »
i dont fall into any...i was just making sure that 6 months was the cut off for EVERYONE..( including drug users, cancer patients, etc..) ..  thats all....so is 6 months the final cutoff for everyone???  thats the last question..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2006, 03:48:38 pm »
Yes, six months is the cutoff point for everyone, even those who might for the reasons indicated take longer to test positive. No kidding.

Andy Velez

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2006, 03:51:10 pm »
nevermind .. i found another forum where my answer was answered...ann stated
"
The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will test positive by six weeks. Not one person will take longer than six months to seroconvert, no matter what. People who are not on chemotherapy or other immune-suppressing drugs will not take longer than three months. That's just the way it is. Years of research and clinical practice have proved this to be true."

so that basically told me that even if people had been on drugs, cancer patients , etc.  NO ONE will  take longer than 6 months... and healthy people will not take longer than 3 months...  i see why yall tell people to search other forums , because lots of times you can find your on answers.. lol..  

thanks everyone

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2006, 09:02:10 am »
since the 6 month test is the final one ANYONE has to take either being healthy or ( drug user, chemo patient, etc...),  thats why testing beyond 6 months is NOT recommended ?? .. and after a 6 month test you can definetly be sure 100% your negative??  do i got that right??

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2006, 09:06:50 am »
Yep, you've got it right.

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2006, 09:09:16 am »
thanks guys..now since yall have helped me ease my worries...i can enjoy myself tommorrow as i will be attending the NEw Orleans Saints and Atlanta Falcons game in the Superdome...as the Saints come back "HOME" for the first time since Hurricane Katrina...everyone be sure to watch the game...

Thanks again,
 MNFBUC

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2006, 12:21:42 pm »
hey guys .. i read where there was was a study of like 50 people that some scientists did an experiment on...2 of the 50 did not seroconvert for more than 6 months...was this study done a long time ago?...before the tests became so accurate...or what?   how accurate was this study...  or is it just a load of crap?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2006, 12:30:43 pm »
I don't know which study you are referring to and/or what the credentials were of those who conducted it.

What I do know is you are hanging around on the slipperly slope of what ifs, from which no good can come about.

You've gotten the good of what you can get here. This just one more question stuff doesn't cut it. If you want to hang around on other sites and pick up bits and bobs that will feed your fears and uncertainties that's your choice. But don't expect us to waste time respectfully responding each time you come back with "just one more thing."
Andy Velez

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2006, 12:34:00 pm »
your right andy..sorry...i should just take yalls information cause i know that yall are up to date on yalls stuff...sorry.. it will not happen again...ima stick with yalls thing that no one needs to test beyond 6 months...thanks buddy

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2006, 12:37:57 pm »
MN,

Nobody needs testing beyond THREE months, not six.

You also do not need to test because you got a blowjob. Blowjobs are not a risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2006, 05:30:38 pm »
Just out of curiosity...would cigarette smoking cause delayed seroconversion

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2006, 05:39:28 pm »
MN,

No, cigarettes won't delay seroconversion.

And getting a blowjob is NOT A RISK FOR HIV INFECTION.

You have tested conclusively over a no-risk event. It's time for you to accept that fact and move on. Please read the posting guidelines in the Welcome thread and pay attention to the part that discusses time outs, because you're headed for one.

You are hiv negative, period, end of story.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2006, 09:12:47 am »
hey guys..just wanted to say thanks for yalls help..yalls knowledge and advice has helped me out alot....i dont hardly think about it anymore .. and the only time i do is when i wonder about seroconversion past 6 months... guys im sorry  but if i tested past 6 months and got a negative on elisa test...is that the last test i need to take and can i be sure im negative  ... please answer it for me...and dont give me a time out because i know if i ever need advice , i can come to yall and i feel comfortable with yall...  God that CDC crap on their website scares me.. about 6-12 months...did that even happen  ( not producing hiv antibodies until 6-12 months ) or do you think it took that long to show up on the test back then since they were not as sensitive as todays.. when in all reality if they were using today's test they would have shown positve by 3 months...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2006, 09:16:50 am »
MN,

You have tested conclusively over a no-risk event. It's time for you to accept that fact and move on. Please read the posting guidelines in the Welcome thread and pay attention to the part that discusses time outs, because you're headed for one.

You are hiv negative, period, end of story.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2006, 09:20:19 am »
will you answer my question please...  when CDC states 6-12 months seroconversion have been reported ..

do you think that happend  or was it because the tests were not as sensitive today, so it took that long to show up when in reality their antibodies did form within the first 3 months?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2006, 09:27:04 am »
since the 6 month test is the final one ANYONE has to take either being healthy or ( drug user, chemo patient, etc...),  that's why testing beyond 6 months is NOT recommended ?? .. and after a 6 month test you can definitely be sure 100% your negative??  do i got that right??
In your above post you answered your own question. But for you information the CDC changed the testing period in 2001 to 3 months except where they fall in the above category.

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2006, 09:33:52 am »
o..so if you fall into a category where it would be longer than 3 months...6 months would be the last test you have to take... and if you dont fall into any category that would cause delayed seroconversion 3 months would be the last test to take...and never anytime ANYONE would have to take a test past 6 months like that old CDC crap states... am i on the right track?

and rapid can you also answer this question too..

when CDC states 6-12 months seroconversion have been reported ..

do you think that happend  or was it because the tests were not as sensitive today, so it took that long to show up when in reality their antibodies did form within the first 3 months  asked

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2006, 09:45:31 am »
MN,

Unless you are on chemotherapy for cancer, on anti-rejection drugs following organ transplant, or have been injecting street drugs every day of every week for YEARS, then you don't need to worry about seroconverting past three months, never mind six months.

And the bottom line here is that you DID NOT have a risk of hiv infection. You got your dick sucked, that is not a risk, get over it.

For the last time, you have tested conclusively over a no-risk event. It's time for you to accept that fact and move on. Please read the posting guidelines in the Welcome thread and pay attention to the part that discusses time outs, because you're headed for one.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2006, 10:05:06 am »
Hey guys im doing alot better...hardly think about it anymore...however one more question...i was just searching through the AIDSMEDS site and noticed where it looked like in a welcome thread or something yall say "" It would be extremly rare to take longer than 6 months to produce antibodies ""  is that a outdated quote since the tests are so accurate now... just curious to why that quote is on there when i seen one of Ann's replies saying that no one will seroconvert past 6 months no matter what with the new tests today...

thanks in advance for clearing that up for me...hope everyone has a good weekend.. and thanks for all yall have done for me...

take care,

MNFBUC

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2006, 10:17:04 am »
MN,

Once again, what part of "getting your dick sucked is NOT A RISK FOR HIV INFECTION" don't you understand?

I don't recall ever reading what you quote on this website. Regardless, it doesn't apply to you in any way, shape or form. You did NOT HAVE A RISK.

Please get yourself into some face-to-face counseling to get to the bottom of your sex related anxieties. This is not the place to work on those issues. Keep posting over this NO RISK BLOWJOB and I shall be forced to give you a time out to encourage you to get the appropriate help.

You didn't have a risk. No kidding.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2006, 10:28:23 am »
so basically just forget it....thanks ann...i swear ill quit coming back .. i just need to hear it from you personally...sorry i have OCD... is it true that no one will seroconvert past 6 months??? .. no matter what?? ( being healthy or drug user, chemo patient , etc...) thats it..last time you'll ever see me...just please answer that question....

bye

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2006, 12:48:21 pm »
You will not seroconvert at anytime. You did not have a risk for HIV infection. Period...

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2006, 12:20:21 am »
hey guys im doing alot better...appreciate everything .. got a couple of questions im confused on...

i know i didnt have a risk by receiving an unprotected blowjob...but just out of curiosity i have a couple of questions on testing...

1. When someone falls into a category of having to test past 3 months ( either being on PEP, receiving transplants, chemo, or some immune depressing drugs ), if they follow up their 3 month test with a 6 month test and it comes out negative too, is that all the testing that is needed for 100% conclusive answer..?

2. Second question is just a simple one...back when the tests were not as sensitive as today...what was the old window period>>?? 

3. and the last question...on the CDC's 2001 updated information it says ( Rare cases of seroconverson 6-12 months have been reported, however extended follow up testing beyond 6 months is not generally recommended...thats real confusing...how can they not recommend ( being they are so conservative ) testing beyond 6 months when people have reported testing positive within that time range.... are those reports from a long time ago..?  basically does seroconverting 6-12 months not happen these days in time because the tests today that are so accurate and could pick it up within 6 months..?

basically if someone is worried about late seroconversion..and tested at 6 months and still had negative results...would that be the time to let it go and  because no one seroconverts past 6 months these days.> ?  do i got this right guys???

can someone please clear this up for me...lol ..  its kind of confusing..

just trying to learn a little more about hiv ....

any comments would be appreciated .. thank you..
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 05:39:06 am by MNFBUC »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2006, 03:13:59 am »
Is it me or the same question is being asked over and over? ???
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2006, 04:03:58 am »
queen i dont know who you are and none of my questions are pointed to your direction...im here for advice from the experts.  and no.. the questions are different...ive gotten over my deal, im just trying to learn more about hiv .. thank you

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2006, 04:13:24 am »
the only reason im worried about testing beyond 6 months guys is that even though the girl that gave me an unprotected blowjob told me she was not infected with hiv, her ex boyfriend told her that he was infected after they broke up..so she went and got tested all the way up to two years after that and has always came out negative....  so i guess the idea of " she was with a positve person, and then sucked my dick " has just gave me a great big load of nervousness... i never told yall that part of the story...but since i did test out past 6 months ... i should nt  worry no more right?  and should have never worried in the first place since getting a blowjob is no risk right?  .. ill probably get a timeout now, but i was just letting you know that she was with a positive person before me...but said she tested negative...and i just wanted to be sure so got tested at 3 and 6 and a half months negative...i dont know why the 6-12 month wont get out of my head...its so confusing.....

with todays test...if i tested at 3 and 6 months post exposure ( which i should have never tested anyway from receiving  unprotected oral sex ) .. have i waited enough time and is there anymore recommendations to test past 6 months?   clear it up for me experts...thanks ..
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 05:40:03 am by MNFBUC »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2006, 06:34:58 am »
MN,

Forget whatever the recommendations were in the past, in the present the window period is three months and I fully expect it to fall to six WEEKS sometime in the next few years.

And you're right about the time out. Reading this forum does not seem to be doing you any good at all. I'm giving you a 28 day time out in the hopes that it encourages you to get yourself some face-to-face counseling to deal with your sex and hiv issues. This isn't the place for you to do that.

Do not create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned from this forum.

Ann
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 06:40:31 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline MNFBUC

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2006, 12:37:05 pm »
Well hello everyone...  First off i want to say Happy Thanksgiving to all...

well the time-out gave me alot of time to think about my situation...and yes im not going to lie..i still worry about it every once in a while, i think it is just OCD...but ive did a little bit of research and i cant find a website with more reliable information than this one.. so i really appreciate what yall do for everyone ( like my self ) who worry about things that shouldnt be worried about....

but i think i got my mind under control now...   i mean its obvious im negative i got tested 3 times all the way out past 6 months.. and all of them were negative... its crazy how i couldnt accept that.. maybe guilt i suppose...

so im going to ask just one more time... regardless of what other websites say, regardless of the CDC's CYA information... regardlesss of the RARE cases of people seroconverting 6-12 months....

" is it safe to say, that with 3 negative ELISA's from time of possible expoosure to past 6 months ( like 6 1/2 months ) that im 100% negative... and with advanced testing today... that the (" WINDOW PERIOD IS 3 months and 6 months if you are a drug user, cancer patient etc. ) and  that NOBODYthat includes people who MIGHT take longer than 3 months ( drug users, cancer patients etc.. )  NOBODY will test positive beyond 6 months and that a 6 MONTH test is the last one ANYONE needs to take after a possible exposure? 

Well im off to eat some of that Turkey...Happy Thanksgiving to all  ( especially ANN ANDY and RAPID ) .. and if yall dont mind please reply to this post.... thank you

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2006, 03:48:24 pm »
You are conclusively negative.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.