Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:42:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 358
Total: 360

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Sex with CSW in Patong, now I am worried  (Read 30840 times)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Sex with CSW in Patong, now I am worried
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2013, 07:38:13 am »
This is all just more of your drama and nothing which appears to have been a risk for HIV. From what you are reporting you did use a condom if you had intercourse. That's good.

So right now you are once again loaded with guilt. That's different than having genuinely had a risk for HIV.

You're convincing me that you have an alcohol problem. How about checking out AA to get some help so you stop putting yourself in situations that could be risky and end up with you feeling like crap about yourself.

Once again I don't see any need for testing. But this mixing you do of excessive drinking and casual sex is a bad combination and is not leading to anything good. Get yourself some help. We can't provide that in this setting.
Andy Velez

Offline stevie123

• Standard
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2013, 08:28:44 am »
Andy

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am loaded with guilt. I do have an issue with alcohol. I am attending AA and I had a relapse. I had been sober for almost a year up to that point. I should have called my sponsor and didn't. I am settling down a bit now regarding the events of that night and will get the full panel done in early September. I did wear a condom and it did not break so I am ok with that now. I will get tested for all the other sti's though. And I will get to a meeting asap to start all over again.The first drink as usual did the damage.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2013, 08:54:05 am »
OK, Stevie. It's good to hear that you are in program. As you know it's about progress and not perfection. So having had a slip does not mean you have lost all the good you have gotten from being in program. Get back on and keep going. It sounds like you're taking the right steps to take care of yourself.

Onward and good luck with your test results.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline stevie123

• Standard
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2013, 07:48:33 pm »
Hi there

I have now arrived to the states after a long flight and noticed that the red patch/spots near the tip of my penis are persistent. It is making me think I may have caught genital herpes from the lady in question. Now this has me thinking, if  there is any way I could have caught this from the frottage. And of course is making me think am I totally sure I did not black out and something unprotected did happen (I am quite sure, but then again how could I have caught genital herpes so easily). I did some research and it seems possible that redness or spots from genital herpes could turn up 36-48hrs after exposure. They haven't gotten worse or anything. In fact they have stayed the same and I guess I am all a bit confused now. Do you think that this has increased HIV risk in any way? I guess I could have obtained it through the unprotected oral and this would have been possible HSV-1?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2013, 08:03:12 pm »
Steve , you didn't have a risk for HIV and we cannot diagnose anything , much less over the internet .

If you feel you have been exposed to herpes you are going to have to see a doctor . The only way I know to answer your question is to say that you cant increase the risk in a no risk situation . Seriously , go see your doc and get your penis checked out .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2013, 08:03:06 am »
steve,

Of course you could have very easily gotten herpes from frottage. Syphilis as well. Both of these sexually transmitted infections only require skin-to-skin contact - UNLIKE HIV.

You need to be aware that herpes, particularly a primary herpes outbreak (ie your first outbreak), hurts like hell. It would be very sore and possibly itchy too. Syphilis, on the other hand, doesn't hurt. If you didn't see the chancre, you'd never know it was there.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus. Most of the other STIs are VERY easy to transmit in comparison to hiv. Hiv should be so lucky. We're lucky it's not.

Get off the internet, take your red dick to a doctor and find out what is actually going on. Whatever it is, it ain't hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline stevie123

• Standard
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2013, 11:35:14 am »
Hi Ann

I am seeing the Doc here today. It doesn't hurt or itch one bit. But thats not to say anything is not wrong. I will stop being my own physician. Thanks for the replies as always. You guys really have amazing patience and great humour too. I don't know how you maintain that amazing balanced approach to all of us worried nuts out here. By the way, I am still sober. Getting there again.

Thanks
S

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2013, 03:57:38 pm »
That's good about your sobriety. One day at a time.
Andy Velez

Offline stevie123

• Standard
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2013, 05:40:08 pm »
Hi

Thanks Andy. I went and got the full panel done today by the doc. However she told me to come back and get tested at 6wks and 6mths for HIV and at 3mths for Syphilis (and the others).

She also thought that while the oral unprotected was low risk, that it was certainly no risk and there was a possibility of contracting syphilis or HIV in this way. I also was made to feel somewhat leprous by her discomfort around me and I just think that she may not have come across cases like mine that often. Anyhow I am opting to go for the advice ventured forth in these forums by you guys. It slightly differs from what she (the doc) seems to think. I trust you folk have a lot more experience. In reality it doesn't matter a toot. I may have a smorgasbord of STI's after my drunk antics, but it certainly helps my levels of anxiety (as I know how I can be) if I trust in your good advice regarding the risks of HIV infection.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2013, 06:07:46 pm »
I am very sorry that your nurse is roughly ten years behind on her HIV testing knowledge. The window period for HIV and syphilis is exactly the same, three months. And it has been so for a decade.

As for the oral, well, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him select the efficacy of a controlled study over the notoriously unreliable patient reports. Or something to that effect.

I certainly hope you get it all sorted out. Hopefully you don't have a smorgasbord of STIs. HIV is most assuredly off the menu at that particular buffet.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline stevie123

• Standard
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2013, 04:59:07 pm »
So after 8 days those flat red spots on the head of my penis just cleared up of their own accord. And they were completely painless. They were flat round, 1-2mm in diameter, about 7 or 8 of them close together. I had them swabbed last week and will find out what they were on Monday. I researched it online myself and it looks like Molluscum Contagium. This is common in people with low immune systems. So would it be possible that this could be from the frottage? My lady friend from that night must have had an outbreak. What worries me is that if I got that from the frottafge then I could have gotten a whole host of other nasty things. I won't lie and say that HIV risk is still worrying me...

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2013, 05:11:31 pm »
Stevie , if you were suffering from a low immune system your little red bumps would not have gone away all on their own . You would most likely be lying in bed with sores all over your entire body in horrible pain and not interested in a computer at all .

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline stevie123

• Standard
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2013, 05:15:22 pm »
Jeff

No no, I agree with you. I was referring to the lady's immune system, but that is speculation. I should not have posted today. Really it was just my own surprise and curiosity that something like that could appear and disappear so quickly. It just tells me that the body is a complete mystery to me...

Offline stevie123

• Standard
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2013, 07:54:15 pm »
Hi there

So I just went down to get the results of my first full panel.I tested negative for absolutely everything under the sun (including a hep panel).

The tests were conducted 8 days after the frottage and they were DNA type tests for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea.

The redness around the penis head completely cleared up after 10days with the help of some steroid cream. The swab tests of the redness for herpes and the normal herpes test came up positive for HSV-1 and negative for HSV-2.

Now the doc said to me I only needed to retest for Syphilis in 4-6wks time and again at 13 wks. As she was the one that said I needed to test for HIV at 6mths I am a bit wary of her advice. Does anyone on this site have any information that is contrary to hers in terms of testing windows etc?

I am relieved to have had negative results for every STI however am wary of them as they were conducted so soon after a risk incident.

Any insight at all would be appreciated,

Thanks
Stephen

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2013, 08:29:52 pm »
The window period for HIV testing is 6 weeks post exposure and again at 3 months to confirm the results .

Testing at 6 months is years out of date .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2013, 05:30:09 am »
Stephen,

While the doctor was wrong about the hiv testing window period, she was right about the syphilis testing window period. It's the same as hiv - test at six weeks and confirm a negative result at three months.

Neither is likely to change if you test negative at six weeks, but a test at three months is needed to confirm.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2013, 05:57:11 am »
Stephen,

I've just taken the time to re-read your entire thread - and I suggest you do the same. Study it - because we keep giving you the same information over and over and over and you keep coming back with the same questions over and over and over again. It's high time you knocked it off.

Aside from the one low-risk condom break you had three years ago, nothing you've brought to us since then has been a risk for hiv infection.

Along with taking your sobriety one day at a time and attending AA meetings, I suggest that you also get yourself into therapy before this hiv obsession/paranoia escalates any further.

You've probably spent a small fortune on this already, between all those doctor visits and subscriptions here. Subscriptions taken out over a NO RISK situation, as we have explained to you time and time again.

You need to understand that taking out a subscription does NOT exempt you from our forum rules.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline stevie123

• Standard
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2015, 02:18:55 am »
Hello

First off thank you once again for this wonderful service. I have posted many times here before and I have been meticulous in my behavior since the previous risk incidents. However, I slipped off the wagon again on Saturday night and I ended up in a tranny bar here in SF. I went and got drunk ( I am a problem drinker who is in AA and I relapsed). I got hot and heavy with a post op transexual. I fingered her and at one point she turned around and sucked me for maybe 60-90 seconds. I did not ejaculate. I remember going back to the restroom with her however I do not remember  for sure what happened but am pretty sure I did not have unprotected sex with her. I texted her next day and she did not remember. I remember parts of getting home and having some pretty nasty food too on the way home!. I am wondering what are the risks of insertive oral sex? I also fingered her pretty heavily. I think I would know if i had full sex with her given the fact that I remember getting food etc. What are my risks in this incident? I know you say no risk from oral but I of course played internet doctor and found the possibles that I was looking for. Hence I am worried. I am back on the wagon again now..

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2015, 08:20:26 am »
Please read your thread again Stevie . We will not go over the same material with over and over again. Please work with your doctors to address your HIV phobia, we cant help you with that . You did not have a risk in this incident .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.