Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:27:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773218
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 706
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 704
Total: 705

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: UCSF Controller Study  (Read 4559 times)

Offline bobino

UCSF Controller Study
« on: March 13, 2008, 12:47:59 am »

All,

I have posted about this before, but I'm posting again as a reminder.  Dr. Jay Levy's controller study at UCSF is still in need of participants.  Dr. Levy is looking for HIV+ individuals who have maintained undetectable or very low viral loads without antiretroviral medication.  If you live in the San Francisco area and think you meet the criteria, please PM me and I will give you more information.

Currently Dr. Levy has only 43 participants, and he is looking for more.  I have been in the study for about two years now, and all it requires is a blood draw every two to three months.

If you meet the criteria, and you live here in the Bay Area, I encourage you to participate.

John
Suivons les rivières
Gardons les torrents
Restons en colère
Soyons vigilants

Offline OzPaul

• 40 year, Long Term Survivor/LTNP
Re: UCSF Controller Study
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 04:24:08 am »
Hey John

Hopefully this will catch the attention of our AM members, Bosquo, Zephyr and Oaktree. I believe they may all qualify for the study and they live in Northern California. I have volunteered for this study, but as I live in Australia I am not available in the time frame that is needed.

I hope your thread will achieve  finding some more participants for this study.

Cheers
Paul

Offline bobino

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 04:20:18 pm »

Paul,

Thanks for the supportive message.  I'm hoping that forum members who qualify and live in northern California will volunteer.  If Bosquo, Zephyr, and Oaktree live in this neck of the woods, then I urge them to participate.  It's a very worthwhile study, in my view, and besides being one of America's leading HIV researchers, Jay Levy is a hell of a nice guy.  So what about it, guys?  Will we be seeing you at UCSF? 

It's good to hear that you've volunteered, Paul, but I know that the study requires completely "fresh" blood samples.  So unlike Bruce Walker's study, you can't get your blood drawn and then have it sent to the lab by FedEx. 

Once again, to anyone interested in volunteering, the study only requires a blood draw once every two to four months, so it's not particularly time-consuming.  If you think you might qualify, please contact me.

Thanks again,

John
Suivons les rivières
Gardons les torrents
Restons en colère
Soyons vigilants

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 07:28:32 pm »
http://ari.ucsf.edu/programs/elite.aspx

some recent info about Levy, colleagues and their study

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 02:30:01 am »
Hi John!

Thanks for your pm alerting me to your AM post. I am already a part of the Deeks-Levy-Nixon triad of Elite Controller research, as I met with Dr. Deeks personally in January 2007 to contribute blood.

Now that I have come back to Northern California to live, it is my hope to return soon to provide another sample for the study.

Maybe you and I will bump in to each other there, after all this time. That would be nice.

Cheers, and, Happy Spring to you!

-Z
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.