Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:58:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 341
Total: 341

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: just tested poz last week  (Read 7053 times)

Offline Ricky90

just tested poz last week
« on: December 13, 2011, 08:43:25 am »
i just tested poz last week my Tcell count is 336 my viral load 211,000 ... why is it so high.. i see poeple say they are in the thousands.. why am i in the hundred thousandths? i dont start meds till tomorrow..    :'( 

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
Re: just tested poz last week
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 09:25:56 am »
Hi Ricky, sorry you tested poz but welcome to the forums.  :)

I don't think anyone can say with certainty why your cd4 and vl are where they are. It could be due to an old infection, or a virulent strain or how good a fight your body can mount against the virus or whatever. Anyhow, it doesn't matter-the important thing is you are starting treatment well within time so look forward to a healthy, long and good life :).

Welcome again.  :)
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline wolfter

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 09:35:30 am »
First, welcome to the forums.  You just tested positive last week, but how long have you been infected?  People who are tested after a recent infection will likely produce better numbers than someone who has been infected for a long time and not tested regularly.  I have personally went from a high of 6.7 million to undectable.  With the correct regiment, you can achieve an undetectable status.

Best wishes.

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 07:22:03 pm »
i just tested poz last week my Tcell count is 336 my viral load 211,000 ... why is it so high.. i see poeple say they are in the thousands.. why am i in the hundred thousandths? i dont start meds till tomorrow..    :'(

Its not high. Its not low. Hell, I had viral loads in the millions for months after seroconversion.

Sorry you got this news.  How long do you think you have had HIV.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 09:35:15 pm »
Hi Ricky, Welcome  ;)

Dont freak out, your numbers are about where mine were when I started on meds, VL was 189k and CD4 was around 200. But look at me now, CD4 in the 800's and VL UD  ;D

You too will get this thing under control.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Ricky90

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 11:25:07 pm »
hey thanks for the help and the info it deff made me a little more calm.. i dont know how long iv had it .. i know in September i was neg. last week it cam back poz. i guess ill have to wait till the morning to see my doctor and find out more info and the kind of meds. well again thank you guys for the info and the help i appreciate it. i guess ill be back tomorrow with more question on how different people react to meds n what not... well hope everyone has a good night and sweet dreams <3 

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 08:06:43 am »
i dont know how long iv had it .. i know in September i was neg. last week it cam back poz.
So you DO know how long you have had HIV. Just a short time.  Many people don't know but you do, if you were neg in September.

You body is very possibly still adjusting to HIV so your numbers are not surprising. 

You can learn more about this talking to your doctor or reading some more.  Many people don't know their baseline numbers for months. Other people immune defenses find the baseline within weeks of the seroconversion. 

You can ask your doctor to explain all this and the rational for starting HAART early. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline nvhorseman

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 03:14:02 pm »
Hi Ricky:  and congratulations for getting tested. You now can make the decision to live healthily or die. I am going to contradict some of the information you have been given prior to this. Your T-cells are not normal: in fact, had you waited until they dropped below 300 then your chances of responding well to meds would have been considerably reduced. Get your virus genotyped so that you know which of the many mutations of the virus you have and then your doctor will know what drugs to provide first, then next and so on. If you do not have a GOOD HIV doctor, then get one. Go to your local gay community center or ask someone on this site who a good HIV doctor is in your city. If you do recreational drugs often then cut down as much as you can. For sure, NO NEEDLES. You need to be checked for co-infections of the Hepatis viruses. Get that lab work done. Eat a low fat, moderate carbohydrate, moderate protein diet. Cut out all the crap food. Take a good multi-vitamin-mineral complex every day. You will need the vitamins to help your immune system rebuild. Forget the miracle herbs and such you will hear about. Most don't work and some are harmful when taken with your meds. Like you die. Exercise religiously and build up muscle mass to the best of your ability. Do lots of aerobic activity: walking, hiking, spin classes, swimming, anything you can afford. Walking is free and great exercise. Walk slow, then faster, then fastest, then slow down and repeat. Drink lots of water. You will need it to help your liver and kidneys flush out the toxins in your body and residual toxins of the HIV drugs you have to take. Lots of water. If you have BB sex, stop if you can and use a condom. Or get into another form of hot sex, like playing with CLEAN toys. That is dildos and such. Have your own and DON'T SHARE ANYTHING. This can be really hot and enjoyable with someone else. Take it easy and start small and not too wild. Just get used to these new things and be creative. Take control of your INFECTION and let it stop with you, is the best philosophy. If you can't do that then practice as safe sex as you can and vow to get safer. There are lots of people out there who are HIV+ that you can date without prejudice and have hot sex BUT, they may have another mutation of the HIV virus and YOU DON"T WANT THAT! Then you have two virus infections your body has to fight and the same drug for one may not be for the other. Same goes for other STD's...you don't want them as they wear down your immune system and organ failure is a real concern. I hope this helps. I have been on meds for 23 years now so I know a bit about them and the process. If you need help, send me a message to 'nvhorseman' on this site. In that spirit, find a local support group to help you through this. It's gonna be a bumpy ride as Bette Davis said in a movie but you can get through this and be happy and productive if you start doing things the correct way NOW. Best of luck.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 03:22:04 pm by nvhorseman »

Offline wolfter

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 03:40:09 pm »
Did he have his CD4 measured before becoming HIV+ to know what his normal range is?  I didn't realize I could get a super infection from BB sex with another undetectable pozzie. 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 11:13:14 am »
@nvhorseman, wow there was a lot of wrong information in your post.   Where are you getting your data from?
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.