Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:18:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 352
Total: 353

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Wht's gonna be off me....Cut & Risk ????  (Read 6469 times)

Offline balchandermark

Wht's gonna be off me....Cut & Risk ????
« on: May 14, 2008, 10:49:34 am »
A warm helo to all the experts on this forum.

Last nite i had this incident involving 2 sex workers....I'm a 26 year old man.

i indulged in protected vaginal sex , followed by Oral sex with the sex workers one after the other....I've read some info on this forum & kind of feel that since i used condoms i don't have much to worry about, but then i could use some expert opinion to reassure myself.

But there are a couple of things i need to mention as well...Basically i had had a few drinks & was not thinking very correctly, but what is done is done i guess....

One of the sex workers had a couple of warts near her breast....she had touched them & then touched me whilst fondling my penis & groin area, before she had put on a condom....When she fondled my penis my penis was exposed at that time & the condoms had not been put...it was more of foreplay then...is this some sort of risk for HIV or an STI ???

Earlier that day also i had cut myself on the leg on a stone whilst walking on the beach....now when one of the sex worker's was performing oral on me, she was sitting on my leg.....& her vagina was pretty close to that cut..Is it possible that her vaginal fluids would have come in contact with that cut & caused the possibility of an infection ???? This cut was just 5 hours old & that's why i'm worried...& i had forgotten to put a bandaid on it.......it's gonna be silly of me really to have got infected this way.....after taking good precautions for the real deal....

The vaginal & Oral was performed with 2 condoms on & i'm sure they dint tear cause when i climaxed...the semen did not come out & both condoms i used were in intact..Yeah i used 2....

Please let me know if any of these is a risk for HIV or any STI infection ???

Also....i know HIV dies immediately when exposed to the air, but is there any chance of it surviving in water......???

Offline balchandermark

Re: Wht's gonna be off me....Cut & Risk ????
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 12:11:30 pm »
I would really appreciate a response about my case from the experts on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 12:40:27 pm »
The bottom line in all of this is that you were not at risk during this incident because you wore a condom. 2 actually, which is a mistake. Rather than giving you added protection, doubling condoms can cause them to break. Fortunately that didn't happen this time, but don't do that again. A single, latex condom worn properly provides very effective protection.

None of the other things you are concerned about put you at risk for HIV transmission. Please read our lesson about transmission and you'll get all of the basics there. Essentially HIV risk sexually is via either vaginal or anal intercourse. All of the other stuff is strictly theoretical rather than real risk.

This is an HIV specific website. We do advise anyone who's sexually active to regularly have a full STD panel done. That means at least annually.

You don't have to be concerned about HIV in relation to this recent incident.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline balchandermark

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 04:06:04 pm »
Mr. Andy, Thanx for your reply.........well i'm basically sure the condoms dint break coz as i said when i had climaxed no semen seemed to have seeped out or come out forcefully...i had climaxed after many days & there was a fair amount of semen & if the condoms did tear i would have felt semen coming out or seeping out into mine or the sw's hands when i had climaxed......

& i was worried about the cut because it had happened only a few hours ago & the vaginal fluids would've have come in contact with it & caused infection ......if the cut was a few days old with a scab over it i wouldn't have bothered, but only a few hours & it was open..but not actively bleeding & the girl did sit on that area whilst giving me a blowjob....Has there ever been a case proven where infection did occur this way when say vaginal fluids came in touch with a cut on the body ????

Could i just carry on from this & be careful in the future....I know with regards to the stress of it all i can't trouble you guys , but scientifically speaking is there any possibility of a risk ????
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 04:55:11 pm by balchandermark »

Offline balchandermark

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 04:41:55 pm »
Less than 24 hours after the incident i've developed low grade fever, Mild pain in the penile region & basic fatigue...could this possibly be HIV ??? that's what's playing on my mind ????

Offline balchandermark

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 04:54:10 pm »
HAVE ANY STUDIES REVEALED THE OCCURENCE OF infection when say vaginal fluids came in touch with a cut on the body ?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 06:23:27 pm »
No, there has never been a documented case of transmission in the manner you are concerned about. And it's safe to say you aren't going to make history by becoming the first. 

If you continue to have symptoms that are bothering you that's something to discuss with your doctor. Just because your mind keeps scaring you doesn't change the realities of this incident as far as HIV science is concerned. And by the way, the vaginal fluids which can contain HIV are in the cervical area, high up in the vaginal cavity and not anywhere near the vaginal lips, which is what you are referring to in this incident.

Cut out the drama and get on with your life. No kidding.
Andy Velez

Offline balchandermark

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 05:06:46 am »
Thank you very much.....All the experts for these kind replies....I had no one to open upto, but you guys have given me this stage to seek help, which is great!!!!

I was really concerned coz when the sex worker did sit on my leg near the cut i did feel moist in that area..near the cut on my leg, when she had squatted. Now i'm aware that HIV present in vaginal fluids is generally found in the cervivcal area high up in the vaginal cavity & not the lips of the vagina, but is there any chance these fluids would have trickled down in her squatting position & made contact with the cut to infect me ????

It's just been more than 36 hours, & i've already developed bouts of loose stools....

Well I'm not trying to be melodramatic, as i said if it's scientifically impossible... it'l really help me move on!!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 05:09:59 am »
bal,

There's no way you would have been infected via a cut on your leg and some vaginal fluid getting into it. No way.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline balchandermark

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 05:13:55 am »
Great to know that.....I feel better, maybe the symptoms are just plain old stress that my pockets' are lighter & the guilt of having engaged in sex with sex workers...I guess sometimes a hectic work scehdule & being unlucky in love is a dangerous combination which pushes one to alcohol & then such incidents follow..

So there's nothing in what i've described pushes you to think with your vast experience that i maybe at risk & there's never been a documentation of transmission by vaginal fluids to a fresh cut on the body...

Should i consider testing for peace of mind ????
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 05:15:27 am by balchandermark »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 05:32:54 am »
bal,

As this forum is for hiv risk assessment, don't you thing we would have told you if we thought you had any risk whatsoever?

You don't need to test over this incident.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline balchandermark

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 10:48:54 am »
Just something i'd like to add finally.............after i had climaxed , i went into the restroom, took off the condoms with my hands....wiped my hands on a tissue & then the semen fell into water.....on the floor, which bounced off onto the cut on my leg.....Now the water may have contained somebody else's cumm or urine, but HIV can't live out there right ??? that's why i initially asked if HIV can live in water ???

Thanx for all the info!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 11:04:27 am »
bal,

Any time hiv is outside the body - regardless of what it's on or if it's in water or whatever - it quickly becomes damaged and unable to infect. It's a very fragile virus (thankfully).

You absolutely did NOT have a risk for hiv infection. We'd tell you if you did.

Make sure you read all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them correctly and with confidence. DO NOT ever use two at once again. It didn't cause any problems this time, but next time you might not be so lucky. One, used correctly with plenty of lube, is all you need.

And you don't need one at all for getting a blowjob. Getting a blowjob with or without a condom is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline balchandermark

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 10:46:08 am »
Thank you for analysing my case & it's really a relief to know it wasn't much of a risk at all....Well you're also confident about the cut issue as well ??? The only reason i keep bringing it up is becasue the cut was only a few hours old & the sex worker had squatted on that region on the leg where i was cut ????? & i had felt moist there, that means her vaginal fluids were on that region of my leg..... I've been having headachdes, itching over the Body & irritably loose bowels.....are these any symptoms to be worried about ?????
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 10:52:31 am by balchandermark »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 10:50:17 am »
Hey! We got all that. Tell your mind to give it a rest. You weren't at risk. Period. And yes, we really did get all those details.

Just keep your latex handy and use a condom everytime you have either vaginal or anal intercourse and you will be well and effectively covered as far as any sexual risks for HIV transmission. Really.

Now, get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline balchandermark

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 10:54:17 am »
& i had felt moist there, that means her vaginal fluids were on that region of my leg where i was cut..... I've been having headachdes, itching over the Body & irritably loose bowels.....are these any symptoms to be worried about ?? i can just move on or would i need to test for any peace of mind ???

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 06:05:03 am »
Bal,

For the last time, we understand that you got some pussy juice on your cut. Now understand us - that's not a risk for hiv infection.

If you keep getting headaches and itchyness and diarrhea, then talk to your doctor about it. It's nothing to do with hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline balchandermark

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 03:09:52 am »
I was really relaxed after receiving your analysis about my case.......but suddenly over the past few days i developed some symptoms that have brought me crashing down......it's pimple rashes near my chest, collar region, back & face....i.e. forehead & face...& this is around 2 weeks after the incident.....I visited the doctor, well he said that all these symptoms could be because of the Hot Conditions prevalent in the country i'm living in right now.....& informed me that if i thought i was at risk for HIV (i.e. indulged in any risky prastises) i would need to wait till 3 months to test & know about the same & if i really cudn't handle the tension, i could take a HIV DNA PCR test around 3 weeks after the incdent....Just a week ago i was relaxed about the fact that i dint have a risk, but now suddenly all this talk about testing is worrying me.....

Could any of these symptoms be associated to HIV.....I also read recently that the vaginal discharges of HIV positive female are highly infectious (assuming that this sex worker was infected) & if these discharges come in contact with a cut it could have caused infection....Could i be one of those rareest of cases where HiV transmission has indeed occured & i need to follw up on it, or would you say it's all just hypothesis & i'm fine & stress is playing its weird games....

So there has never been a case of transmission this way has there & is there even a theortical risk for the same...???

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 03:23:26 am »
Good lord.

You've been told already that you were not at risk and that you don't need test. No matter how you try and slice this our answers will not change.

Under no circumstances should you have a PCR DNA test. PCR DNA testing has an unacceptably high rate of false positive results when used as a diagnostic tool.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 04:35:38 am »
bal,

If you've read the HIV Transmission Lesson before posting like you're supposed to, you would have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.