Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:08:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 311
Total: 312

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: How to get medicaments (Atripla) in Europe without insurance  (Read 5421 times)

Offline mister_l

How to get medicaments (Atripla) in Europe without insurance
« on: January 10, 2016, 02:47:58 pm »
Hello
My friend from Argentina moved to germany. He is running out of meds in a few weeks and the health insurance will not pay for them.
Does sombody know a way how to get medicaments without paying 1.300 € per month? Is there any country in Europe where you can go to a hospital and get the medicament without problems? We are going to visit Barcelona. Maybe somebody from spain can explain the situation in Spain? The last way is to order Viraday but I am worried if this medicament will not work the same as Atripla.

Thanks for your help.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
Re: How to get medicaments (Atripla) in Europe without insurance
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 03:28:21 pm »
Hi Mister,
Sorry to have moved your post , I am assuming your friend is living with HIV and not you. If so you must post only in this forum.
There are many kind and compassionate people here , hope one will be able to help.
Best, Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Lakis

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 01:12:18 am »
I dont understand your situation....In Germany EVERYBODY gets medications for free...If you are on holidays here you need to have private Insurance or enough meds with you , like in ANY other country !If you are illigal in EU - bad luck - but you can still get meds , go to social services or to Aids Hilfe organisationfor help.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 07:35:46 am »
I googled a few seconds and found a document that represents the situation in 2010.

http://picum.org/picum.org/uploads/file_/Undocumented_Migrants_with_HIV_AIDS_in_Europe.pdf

The document discusses whats available for UNdocumented migrants with HIV.

I agree with Lakis, your friend should go to an AIDS organisation and just figure out "on the ground" from a local what his options are, or are not. 

It seems Spain might be a better option. 

But if Germany just took in 1,000,000 migrants -- than one assumes they have some sort of emergency and rather new way to keep all those people in medical care. 

I just read a post from a newly diagnosed and treated person in the USA who wonders about being locked into his job and location forever, to access treatment.

Then I come into this thread about someone who moved from an access to non-access situation, and wonder - why? 

Its not a judgement.  Just wondering how people can have such different perspectives on this. 

Mister - there are people who regularly post such threads here - moving -- or on long stays -- in another country and faced with treatment access emergency.

Do people think Europe is the eldorado of free and easy access to AIDS treatment? 

Western Europe is paying "1st World Prices" for these molecules, just like North America.  Any country that is handing it out easily, purchased by citizens' tax dollars, to undocumented residents, should be the recipient of enormous gratitude by the person who gets the free treatment, because its really above and beyond the call of duty.  Kudos to Spain and Italy if they are being so generous.

Another option might be to move to Asia where trustworthy real molecules, brand or generics, can be purchased at great discounts from 1st World prices, such as the oft mentioned red cross in Thailand.

I hope your friend gets his treatment, and for the long term.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 07:48:50 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Lakis

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 04:18:33 am »
As I wrote before , go to Aids Hilfe. Many people are changing medications and they bring leftovers to AH, or to thier Docs ,or keeping them home..talk to people in AH ,check opening hours and what days are different groups there....takes couple of hours and you will get your supply.....if your freend want to get meds -he will....no time to be lazy about....he needs to do his part ..

Lakis

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.