Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:56:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773192
  • Total Topics: 66335
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 260
Total: 261

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: An on-going thread  (Read 326745 times)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: An on-going thread
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2014, 08:01:26 pm »
With all of my teeth issues last year I'm thinking that the high tech jaw dissolving test would be a good idea. My dentist never mentioned it. I've become less happy with him as time goes by. He always seems to be tying to be a salesman.

Finally had my Dexa Scan last week. Will find out the results at the end of the month.

Jeff, so glad you are done with those antibiotics! How is the ulcer?

I had a bad night last evening and was up and down allot so I still have a way to go .

I also have been planning on stopping my Zyrtec allergy meds and did so . I have been on it for years and have been broke out in hives for the last 3 days since quitting but that is getting better too .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2014, 07:21:26 am »
How or what will the tests be to see if the ulcer is history, birthday boy
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline weasel

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2014, 06:02:13 pm »

So  I see peeps posting about going back to work  :o

I have been working on building cabinets and finishing up sheet rock
       at my sister's beach house ; hurricane Sandy destroyed most of the house
       but we saved it  :)
            Tomorrow  will be a Month I have been in CT.  , other than a few dinner
      parties I have not done noth'n but work  :(
         I am so tired , I made a reservation to fly home for a month to see my
        husband and enjoy some of our Spring before it gets to be 112 degrees .
          I HOPE  that the people going back to work think about how much
        energy they have stored up . I thought I was good , but I can't do it  :-[
         First thing I am doing is to fill up my  5 foot x 20 foot pool , Bob will bring
       me a cocktail once in while as I baste'

That is all for now ,
                                                                          Carl

P.s.  Monday I have an EYE appointment  to check my eye pressure ,
      I'm having issues  :'(
     P.P.S.    Two  I.D.   Doctors appointments coming up also  .   
" Live and let Live "

Offline LongTimeSurvivor

• I don'no...there may be Zombears...in theres...
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2014, 08:47:42 pm »
Weasel...you build cabinets!!!

Uh...

I would love to have a cabinet built in my kitchen...with drawers, shelves and doors. Do you think you could whip one up for me?

LongTimeSurvivor
Of course it's important. It's an email...

Offline mitch777

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2014, 09:18:01 pm »

So  I see peeps posting about going back to work  :o

I have been working on building cabinets and finishing up sheet rock
       at my sister's beach house ; hurricane Sandy destroyed most of the house
       but we saved it  :)
            Tomorrow  will be a Month I have been in CT.  , other than a few dinner
      parties I have not done noth'n but work  :(
         I am so tired , I made a reservation to fly home for a month to see my
        husband and enjoy some of our Spring before it gets to be 112 degrees .
          I HOPE  that the people going back to work think about how much
        energy they have stored up . I thought I was good , but I can't do it  :-[
         First thing I am doing is to fill up my  5 foot x 20 foot pool , Bob will bring
       me a cocktail once in while as I baste'

That is all for now ,
                                                                          Carl

P.s.  Monday I have an EYE appointment  to check my eye pressure ,
      I'm having issues  :'(
     P.P.S.    Two  I.D.   Doctors appointments coming up also  .   

Ain't that the truth. Ageing with hiv is one thing but being a LTS AND ageing is a different animal. The pace just seems to get a bit more unpredictable as time goes on.

Hope you soak in the spring and your hubby. Would love to touch base when you return.
Fill us in on your eye issues when you can.

33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2014, 04:49:31 am »
I will be working the polls on mid-term election day, May 6; went to the training last night.  It pays $85, so why not?  A little extra money. 

I have to be there from 5:30 am 'til about 7:00 pm.  And have to go the night before to set things up.   

I'll be a judge, so will help anyone who needs it, and stand and eye everyone suspiciously. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline wolfter

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2014, 02:27:03 pm »
I will be working the polls on mid-term election day, May 6; went to the training last night.  It pays $85, so why not?  A little extra money. 

I have to be there from 5:30 am 'til about 7:00 pm.  And have to go the night before to set things up.   

I'll be a judge, so will help anyone who needs it, and stand and eye everyone suspiciously.

I can see an uptick in "am I".  I found out my poll worker had HIV and touched my voting screen, was this a risk and should I test?

Sorry, I found humor in it.  :) 

@ Carl, is it too soon to invite you over to help me build custom cabinets?  I tried finding stock ones, but have determined I'll custom build them.  I'm converting a large alcove into a dry bar area.  I'll have to share pictures of the beautiful bar that my brother bought in Turkey 30 years ago.

aha, found it.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:37:12 pm by wolfter »
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2014, 08:47:02 pm »
I can see an uptick in "am I".  I found out my poll worker had HIV and touched my voting screen, was this a risk and should I test?

Sorry, I found humor in it.  :) 
Cute.  In the training, they were talking about what people could and couldn't bring into the polls, and this one redneck said, loudly, "but they can bring in guns, right?"   And people can!  I did not know this, though am not surprised living in Indiana.  I swear, more and more the attitudes in this state are so surreal.  It's like Indiana should be by Mississippi and not up North.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline wolfter

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2014, 06:01:41 pm »
In Ohio, if you have a CCW permit, you can carry a gun anywhere. 

Now I'm off for my 7:00 cocktail hour.  Hope everyone has a great weekend.

huge hugs, see you all in a couple of days.  :)

Offline wolfter

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2014, 02:11:47 pm »
Been a stressful couple of days, and I'm proud to say I handled it damn well.  Mom was actually released from the hospital and is doing quite well considering. 

Also, made an appointment with the eye doctor.  I'm trying to avoid denial and have recognized that my vision is failing again.  It is what it is I guess.  I've witnessed a steady decline recently and it was quite telling today while driving my mother home. 

I spend a fortune on glasses and the thought of replacing them grates on my nerves.  I'm recalling my past where I was virtually blind and could only see shadows.  But it's time to get er done.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2014, 04:49:53 pm »
Cute.  In the training, they were talking about what people could and couldn't bring into the polls, and this one redneck said, loudly, "but they can bring in guns, right?"   And people can!  I did not know this, though am not surprised living in Indiana.  I swear, more and more the attitudes in this state are so surreal.  It's like Indiana should be by Mississippi and not up North.

I guess a bullet hole is as good as a X.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline wolfter

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2014, 02:42:57 am »
Not a single comment on the bar?  LOL  Perhaps it's not as cool as I thought which explains why it has been in storage for years. 

We're in a frenzy trying to figure out the logistics since mother's latest episode.  I was truly afraid we lost her.  Enough so that all her sisters are coming in this weekend.  Being me, I am focusing on accomodations.  Mother is the only smoker and I can't imagine her siblings wanting to hang out in her nicotine laden home. 

My aunt from Florida has already said that my brother and I can take Uncle Ron anywhere.   She'll soon forget though.  After 50+ years of marriage, why bother arguing?  Plus, we've already planned for the younger uncle who is only 70 to contrive the situation.  :)

They left Florida on Thursday which means they should be here around Saturday. Yeah, we're taking uncle Ron out regardless.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2014, 08:15:00 am »
Oh Greg this is clearly the time to start taking recreational drugs ,when all the Aunts and Uncles have arrived just copy whats on there medicine bottles , post it and between us all we should be able to come up with a good cocktail with safe dosage which will mean you will glide through the whole event , promise.

Offline weasel

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2014, 04:26:25 pm »

I love whipping up cabinets  :)
      The train ride into the city should be fun  ;)

Wolfter , Your bar looks very cool , I can imagine  cabinets behind it
       why no sink ?   

A table saw and an air compressor is all you need to build cabinets , along
      with a a few nail guns and a few sanding gizmos . 
       I use Brushing Lacquer over minwax stains .   Makes for a nice finish , as I
      can not stand to spray large amounts of poison into the air .

My pool is still not full of water   , We've had dreadful weather . By next
      week it will be into the 90's  .   

I'm enjoying my time with my Honey Bun  ;D   
       Not looking forward to driving back to Missouri .

That is all ,  Weasel

P.S.   : We've had a wonderful DogWood season , very lush this year .
" Live and let Live "

Offline mitch777

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2014, 06:14:29 pm »
When are you coming back to Connecticut Carl?

Offline Theyer

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2014, 09:36:15 am »
When are you coming back to Connecticut Carl?

Carl fancy a working Holiday painting putting up shelfs in London. ? Remember the flat,s in London so its about the size off Mr Mitch,s Garage in his Connecticut home.

Offline weasel

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2014, 11:35:27 am »
Carl fancy a working Holiday painting putting up shelfs in London. ? Remember the flat,s in London so its about the size off Mr Mitch,s Garage in his Connecticut home.

A working vacation in London , cool !

Have you seen Mitch's garage ?   I could live very comfortable in that  :)

I shall be flying into Bradly International  may 22nd , staying  for three weeks , then driving home .
      My car registration expires the end of June .  So time is limited , I really hope all goes according
    to plans .   Otherwise my sister will have a kitchen with no doors  ???

It's a lovely day , I'll be working in the flower beds today  ;D

Carl 
" Live and let Live "

Offline mitch777

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2014, 11:47:29 am »
      A working vacation in London , cool !

Have you seen Mitch's garage ?   I could live very comfortable in that  :)

I shall be flying into Bradly International  may 22nd , staying  for three weeks , then driving home .
      My car registration expires the end of June .  So time is limited , I really hope all goes according
    to plans .   Otherwise my sister will have a kitchen with no doors  ???

It's a lovely day , I'll be working in the flower beds today  ;D

Carl

Stop on by if you get a chance.  :)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2014, 05:15:42 pm »
I went to set up today for the polls tomorrow.  The "inspector," (which is what they call the supervisor) is a hard-core Republican.  He was going on about guns, and how he would level anyone that tried to take his lol.  So tomorrow should be interesting.

I now have to be there at 5:00 am.  I have to take a shower before I leave, and eat a little something.  So I'll be getting up in the middle of the night.  Oh well, I do that sometimes anyway thanks to the menopause.

Mitch, you were talking about aging and being a LTS'er and you are so right.  I take a prescription antacid, but this weekend had to go to the drug store and get some Gaviscon and Beeno.  Ah, the fun.  Well, wish me luck tomorrow at the polls, I hope everything goes smooth and I believe it will since this is only the primaries. 

Offline Theyer

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2014, 07:05:41 pm »
Betty darkink please post soon so we all know that you did not get shot by some over enthusiastic lover off freedom and democracy.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2014, 09:14:58 am »
Betty darkink please post soon so we all know that you did not get shot by some over enthusiastic lover off freedom and democracy.

I was thinking the same thing.

Betty? BETTY!?

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2014, 03:23:49 pm »
Lol, no it was actually pretty slow and quiet.  The "inspector" was probably the only one to bring a gun.  There was a 93-year old man who worked the polls with us.  He was a retired chief of police.  Very nice man, talked about how different law enforcement used to be before it was politicized.  He's right on about that.

Otherwise I talked to the ladies who were the poll clerks, for most of the day.  Got there at 5 am, left at 6:30 pm.  It was a long ass day.  And I was told it will take 3 weeks to one month before getting a check.  That's going to majorly suck. 

I'm sure it was slow due to hardly anyone being on the ballots.  It's a slow election year. But I'm hoping Jackie Walorski will get voted out.  She's the congresswoman for this district, and also helped me with the whole Social Security fiasco (well, one of her caseworkers did).  But she's a tea-party'er so, ick.  I survived though, lol.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2014, 04:39:58 pm »
The Police man sounds fascinating , and the money will come. Now you are on the books Betty does this mean you get the gig for every election ?

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2014, 02:31:35 am »
The Police man sounds fascinating , and the money will come. Now you are on the books Betty does this mean you get the gig for every election ?

I've heard the council usually calls persons who work an election, when the next election comes up.  Which will be November. 

Offline wolfter

« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2014, 12:13:51 am »
I've been conspicuously absent from most media for a while.  I've had to mature more in the last year than I did my entire life.  I allowed myself to own my feelings and beliefs while maintaining the magnitude of what our family is dealing with.  To see all my mother's sisters to show up and refuse to leave is priceless. 

My most favorite aunt and uncle have been here and they're planning on staying.  I don't know their ages but I know they've been married 59 years this summer.  They're hopefully 70.  I forbade them about something yesterday and my uncle cussed at me.  He never does that and almost immediately apologized. 

What I did was be a logistics/finance planner.  Old people don't need to sit in a hospital 8 hours day unless they're the patient.  Mother is stable as long as she stays in the hospital.  I spoke with my mother about it and she agreed.  She doesn't want people in her room all day.  So they're staying for a while, which I totally am happy about, but they only have to drive that long distance and can only stay 2 hours unless something truly worsens.

They were so relaxed after being in charge of the depressive vigil they've been enduring.  We sat on the porch and laughed and had a nice evening. 

Offline Theyer

« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2014, 03:09:48 pm »
Hi Greg, the Politics off Hospital visits. There's a PHD in there for someone. It sounds good though ,there with there sister making sure  time is shared and life shared too.
Good luck with it all
Michael

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2014, 08:32:09 am »
Well that's some good news, Greg.  I'm so glad you got to visit with your aunt and uncle.  I hope good things continue in your life!

I've been delivering phone books.  I needed some money and that's a very easy job to get, so I am doing a route.  Now, this route consists of a little over 400 places to drop the book at.   I've delivered almost 400 papers.

I cannot tell you how sore my hip/legs/knees are.  When I got to the place doing this, the ladies tried to talk me out of it.  But I was determined.  I'm almost done, and am only home because the rest of the places I have to deliver to are businesses, and they're not open for another 1/2 hour. 

I won't be doing this again anytime soon, if at all.  It's been killing my left side (the side I broke my hip on).  I need to rest it this weekend. 

But, if I want money to get through until the end of the month, I need to do something to earn it.  I know it's not a "high-end" job, certainly not what I went to school for, but it's a quick way to make money.  I am supposed to be paid next Friday if everything checks out alright.   I messed up the route book pretty bad, and think I may have done something to their GPS (they use that to track people ).  Well, wish me luck and please cross fingers, legs, eyes, etc., that everything checks out and I can get paid.  Thanks!

Offline Theyer

« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2014, 04:13:54 pm »
Betty that is a hard and tough road , wish with all my heart it gets lighter soon.

Do you know the game People I Choose to be in my life boat  // I will now always add you .

Hats off love from Michael who is crossed in bits.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2014, 05:09:05 pm »
Thanks, Michael. 

When I took the GPS and extra left over books back, the lady wanted to know why I had extra books.  I told her there were many vacancies, abandoned buildings etc., and I thought the lady had over-estimated my route.  She accused me of not delivering.  I told her I started at 6 am Thursday and Friday, and got done at 5 pm.  She accused me of lying.

So, do not know what will happen.  Just wish me luck.  I busted my ass, and if I do not get paid for this, I'm going to the paper.  And you all know I will lol.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2014, 05:52:01 pm »
Shame on you Betty! Delivering phone books to abandon buildings deprives the rats from looking up their next meal ticket.

You better get paid!

ps- if you DO write to the paper I want a framed copy of your letter.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2014, 03:58:49 am »
That seems so ridiculous Betty.  If you were really going to scam to get a paycheck, you would/could have simply thrown them away.  A logical personal would automatically assume that.

That does seem like a lot of stress on your recent injury.  Certainly hope you're not over doing it.  (yeah I know, I'm really one to preach )   ;)

Offline zach

« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2014, 07:45:44 am »
they still make phone books? jeez, i haven't seen one in years... ah the smell though, memories

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2014, 09:13:04 am »
I read that NYC is converting phone booths into wi-fi hot spots around the city . I still get phone books on my door step every year but throw them out or use the pages to line my flower beds for weed block . I think they should only send phone books out upon request, it might save a tree if they did . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2014, 01:27:04 pm »
We always rec'd new phoneboos via us mail until a few years ago.  Now they just put them in the lobby and you can grab one if you want.  I always keep an undated one in my truck as I detest paying for information fees if I need a number.  And I absolutely am resisting changing to my cell phone to one of those new dumb smart phones. By the time I zoom in on one of those I only have a few characters on the screen and have to scroll like hell.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2014, 06:30:47 pm »
Greg, my daughter sent me a "smart" phone.  Yesterday I just figured out how to answer it lol.  I don't know 1/2 the stuff it does.  I hadn't had a new cell phone in like 3 years, so she said I was over-due for an upgrade.  We'll see how it goes.

Yeah, maybe they should only send phone books to people who request them, but that would be a difficult venture to find out exactly who would and would not want them.  It's damn hard labor delivering those, and cost a fortune in gas.  Oh well, I will never do that again.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2014, 12:22:26 am »
I'm medicated and really should not be posting but the elderly aunts who have taken up camp here think I have a curfew.  They couldn't sleep til they knew I was in the house.  Gotta love them. 

I've had such a great time with them in spite the terrible situation that brings them from Florida to Ohio. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 12:44:38 am by wolfter »

Offline Theyer

« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2014, 05:11:53 am »
Elderly Aunts are a fine tradition.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2014, 12:40:52 pm »
Elderly Aunts are a fine tradition.

I'm truly enjoying their company.  My uncle Ron had to drive my Aunt up here from Florida and I'm so thrilled with that.  They've settled in and plan on staying several months.  They've been a blessing, helping with a lot of issues that arise when a loved one is struggling with a terminal illness.

I did come in last night and locked up the place and pretended to go to bed.  I waited a short while and snuck out the back door and enjoyed the cool late night air.  :)

Offline Theyer

« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2014, 02:16:11 pm »
Most Aunts ,n, Uncles need medicating at night , booze, Pills or a mixture served with blind decorum.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2014, 01:11:58 pm »
Greg, my daughter sent me a "smart" phone.  Yesterday I just figured out how to answer it lol.  I don't know 1/2 the stuff it does.  I hadn't had a new cell phone in like 3 years, so she said I was over-due for an upgrade.  We'll see how it goes.

Yeah, maybe they should only send phone books to people who request them, but that would be a difficult venture to find out exactly who would and would not want them.  It's damn hard labor delivering those, and cost a fortune in gas.  Oh well, I will never do that again.

Betty,

I'm in the same situation as you... first smartphone and it's like a computer that can also make phone calls.  What worked for me, was to download the manual for the phone.  That way you can read it on your computer, while you actually play with the phone.

Joe

Offline wolfter

« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2014, 06:01:08 am »
Sadly, smart phones will eventually be the only option available in the future.  My contract is up with Verizon and the rep tried pushing me into getting one.  My basic phone works just fine so I'll stay month to month until I see a real need to upgrade.  Hopefully there'll be at least ONE "grandpa" style phone.

I do feel awfully lacking when I watch my elderly uncle using all his electronic gadgets.  He has all that crap; smart phone, e-readers, gps tracking in his car and totally understand how to use them all.    Lordy, I still miss having a huge home phone with large enough buttons that I didn't need a magnifying glass to operate.

It's also frustrating that everything that's being manufactored has very tiny buttons and such.  My new tv remote requires that I stare at it under a bright light while using the tri-focal portion of my glasses.  Even the alarm clock for goodness sake has little ass buttons.  My stereo system has the much needed flashlight next to it so I can study the buttons.

I want large button and controls to return.  :)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2014, 10:05:57 am »
I got my first smarty phone a few months back and its a modern marvel . I sent my first text message ever just a few months ago and now I wonder how I lived without it .

Also ... no matter where I am I can get a message and my daily dose of verbal abuse from Miss P . She is kinda scaring me lately because she is being really sweet but that just makes me feel like she might be sneaking up behind me with a ball bat .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2014, 10:13:41 am »
i had to finally upgrade a couple months ago. If I knew then what I knew now I would have found the money somehow and switched yrs ago!

buttons? who needs buttons? (maybe check out one of the larger Galaxy phones. their screens are pretty big) I talk to my phone for everything. It's gotten where I hate meetings now because I can't talk out loud to send any texts or anything. But still, with the net via 4g and txting to people across the table, it certainly has made even the most boring meetings tolerable finally. ROFL
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2014, 10:18:31 am »
i had to finally upgrade a couple months ago. If I knew then what I knew now I would have found the money somehow and switched yrs ago!

buttons? who needs buttons? (maybe check out one of the larger Galaxy phones. their screens are pretty big) I talk to my phone for everything. It's gotten where I hate meetings now because I can't talk out loud to send any texts or anything. But still, with the net via 4g and txting to people across the table, it certainly has made even the most boring meetings tolerable finally. ROFL

I have the Galaxy Note 3 and love it . They need to give the speech recognition software an upgrade to be able to interpret southern accents but other than that its great .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2014, 11:28:49 am »
I'll have to make one of my younger family members take me back so I can revisit the idea.  I'd hate to make a wrong decision and be stuck with a piece of equipment I hate. 

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2014, 04:13:06 pm »
I have the Galaxy Note 3 and love it . They need to give the speech recognition software an upgrade to be able to interpret southern accents but other than that its great .   
s3 mini here

luckily my yrs in Ohio helped me to have a nice indistinct accent so the speech recog does fairly well for me. I find the suggested word list helps me get through some of the trickier Southern idioms I say from time to time. However, it does trip out a bit (just like the Yankees did) whenever I say "y'all".
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2014, 06:02:25 pm »

Also ... no matter where I am I can get a message and my daily dose of verbal abuse from Miss P . She is kinda scaring me lately because she is being really sweet but that just makes me feel like she might be sneaking up behind me with a ball bat .   

I should devise a Daily Verbal Abuse app complete with video and my Capote-esque voice for audio. I'm sure I could make good money on this.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2014, 06:32:51 pm »
My daughter made me upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy S4.  It's quite the modern marvel, but I really don't like to spend a ton of time learning everything it does.  It also has voice recognition but I don't like to use it, other than when I'm busy driving and need to send a text. 

Offline wolfter

« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2014, 06:59:18 am »
Haven't been able to spare much time of late to stay in touch.  You all can imagine the hetic ass month I've had.

I decided to enjoy myself after getting off work yesterday.  I specifically stated my goal of getting drunk and passing out.  I know I'm too old for that game, but it was needed.  Perhaps smoking a little stopped me from drinking too much as I don't have any lingering affects.  ;)

you all take care now.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2014, 08:00:51 am »
I understand the desire for oblivion but the thought off the hangover and the week it would take me to get over it soon puts a stop to any excessive drinking .

However get me a ton off hash , diazepam, a little champagne and I will diligently work my Way through it , it,s the one thing that I am addicted too, all things leaf , therefore i buy small amounts and have big gaps between them.

Sometimes though the desire for some really good Bolivian Marching Powders, Johnny Walker Black Label , a little diazepam is so strong it makes me groan out loud.
I should devise a Daily Verbal Abuse app complete with video and my Capote-esque voice for audio. I'm sure I could make good money on this.

I have a idea like this though its called Mike,s Handy Hints, like how to make neat Dog jumpers out off old Ski socks , Getting the cheapest air/ train Fairs and web sites that have Sales on Sorel Boots /Moleskin sketch Books  stuff that the Daily Mail would run a headline HOW DO THEY AFFORD THESE ON BENEFITS.

Maybe we could combine it David ! yin yang and all that , though my voice is devoid of any Fame thing.

I am saving for an iPad mini 2013 , couple off weeks to go. I am getting quite excited like a child anticipating Christmas. I like the idea off Skping when travelling showing friends what I am seeing , and making little films , then bigger ones that lead to some success at obscore film Festivals in Bulgaria then George Clooney see,s it coz he,s practically always in London or Lake Como now and his sexy wife to be and I become bf,s , to my astonishment it gets short listed for the Oscar's, -----Euro fllcks no up standing American would be seen dead watching catergory and................
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 08:18:05 am by Theyer »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.