Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:09:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 675
Total: 675

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I Will Not Be Attending  (Read 9356 times)

Offline richfinsm

• Be better to one another
I Will Not Be Attending
« on: July 14, 2006, 12:03:40 pm »
Deleted for a good reason.  This is really NOT who Rich is.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 05:45:00 am by richfinsm »
Positive since 1/85.  Tested positive with full-blown AIDS 5/93.

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
Re: I Will Not Be Attending
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 01:20:24 pm »
I'm sorry that you won't be attending Rich. I was looking so forward to seing you again.
My heart is heavy for you, and Hermie too.
I'm not sure why you feel that you cannot continue to be a participating member of the forums, but I do understand a painful heart.
I hope you are able to acheive some healing. I'm sorry hon.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 01:43:47 pm »
I'm also sorry you're not going Rich.   I know you are hurting, I wish there was something I could say or do to make it better for you.

With love,

Alan  :'(
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 04:29:54 pm »
Rich, perhaps with the passage of some time you may feel differently about remaining a part of AIDSMEDS. The door remains open.....

Beyond that I will just suggest forbearance on the part of those who are involved in this situation in one way or another so that we can keep this from turning into a fracas here. Thanks in advance for that.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 07:43:47 pm »
Dear Rich,

I have a shoebox full of picture postcards from around the world.  They were sent to me in Hawaii by a man who worked for one of the huge computer companies as a Systems Analyst.  Every time he was on assignment, he mailed a post card and when that assignment was finished, he jumped on a flight to Honolulu to see me.  He gave me a diamond he picked up in Brazil, paid half of the deposit on a rented Penthouse apartment, offered a life in Japan, Germany or Spain because he was offered a permanent position with the company and wanted me with him.  I was to be ready to move in 6 months.

When that six months was over, he chose to stay in Washington DC and continue to travel for the company and I returned the diamond.  I never saw or heard from him again and somewhere in the world, there is a Systems Analyst making a promise to another man, which he will not keep.  I had the best times with him but did let him go and moved on myself, with no hard feelings.  That is life my friend, we move on.

I never thought about going to Montreal because I can not afford the costs.  I am dirt poor and struggling every day of the month to keep the bills paid with food in the house and the utilities connected.  This will not stop me from being part of the forums, I am looking forward to hearing and sharing the joy from the members who can attend and hope to see some pictures.

In a perfect world, if there is such a thing, I hope a AMG gathering might be held in San Francisco because I can go there and still pay Mr. VISA and Mr. Mastercard and Mr. Rent.  In the mean time, if Herman or David or any other member of the forums (including you) has something thought provoking or interesting to discuss, I will participate.  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 07:53:20 pm »
Michael...

You're a devil............. :o
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 02:20:10 am »
Oh David,

... No one has ever called me a devil before   ;D.  At least not today...   Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 05:02:06 am »
 :'( :'(

You know where I am if you need me.

Love and hugs always
Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 01:28:03 pm »
Michael...

It was a humorous remark....to a very unpleasant situation.  I'm sure you meant well in your offer :P
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 06:39:06 pm »
I really do not know what to do.  I tried to save the working world for 10 years by designing workers' comp reform programs and that was taken away by AIDS.  I tried to save the RWCA with the design and marketing of a web site and that is not working well either.

I hide my own fears and pains by making bad jokes while trying to make light of a situation and I really should have stayed out of this one because I haven't a clue on how to help another human being feel better about themselves.  When push comes to shove, all I really know how to is make bad jokes when I should have followed Andy's advice and stayed out.
Michael

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 06:44:47 pm »
Dear Rich,

I'm sorry to read of your pain and my only hope is that you remember there are people here who care about you and so this door will always remain open.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.