Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:17:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 143
Total: 145

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Poll

My status is

Male Gay
30 (76.9%)
Male Straight
2 (5.1%)
Male Bi
2 (5.1%)
Female Lesbian
0 (0%)
Female Straight
4 (10.3%)
Female Bi
0 (0%)
Transgender
0 (0%)
Other
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Whats your status?  (Read 4234 times)

Offline Seven

Whats your status?
« on: January 21, 2007, 02:07:45 am »
I was curious to see who is all on this board. I am new here...so I am slowly curious if there are more males then females....gays vs straight!

You can place your vote, and also write a comment if ya like too. That way, if you are looking to talk to someone or so forth but dont know their status. I myself am a straight female.

Offline Eldon

Re: Whats your status?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 02:26:38 am »
Seven: There IS quite a mixture here.

"What Can I do today to make a better Tomorrow?"

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 05:28:46 am »
That way, if you are looking to talk to someone or so forth but dont know their status.

I am a person.

I talk with other like-minded people, regardless of whom they love.

I only so forth with my boyfriend. ;)  :-*

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 08:40:37 am »

You can place your vote, and also write a comment if ya like too. That way, if you are looking to talk to someone or so forth but dont know their status. I myself am a straight female.

I talk to 5 people on the phone from Aidsmeds quite often.  They have offered me company, help, love, concern, and just genuine friendship.. regardless of sexual orientation.

I think with time you will find the same.  Now if it is those female thingies/problems I understand.   I still cannot figure out why one would choose tampons over pads or vice versa... ;)
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 09:21:07 am »
I was curious to see who is all on this board. I am new here...so I am slowly curious if there are more males then females....gays vs straight!

You can place your vote, and also write a comment if ya like too. That way, if you are looking to talk to someone or so forth but don't know their status. I myself am a straight female.

Seven, I fail to see your so forth motive about your question. So I can't help asking myself, are you going to stick to this place according to the results?

We work so hard as a society in bringing down the barriers, why building some more.

I wonder. Are some of us better Hiv er then others? Does it really matter? Straight or gay, what's the difference?

All I know is that WE all got infected by being human and getting on with living.

It is really that simple. 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 10:16:35 am »
Seven, if you tell people more about yourself I think you'll find that a better way of developing relationships here.

It can also make others more interested in you. As has already been said, members come from all sorts of backgrounds and persuasions.

The uniting element is sharing experiences and information in as helpful and supportive a way as possible, whether gay, straight, bi, male, female and whatever else.

Cheers,   
Andy Velez

Offline twofires

• Artists Farm
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 10:20:24 am »
I got run off of the deadhead board I was doing for a few months

I can get very polically active and all they wanted was to talk about jam bands and sports

I love the jam bands but I was never one to memorize show sets.

I just was using the forum to try to find some connections in my new neighborhood

instead I call the guy across the street and he walks over after turing down his rappy hippy hop whatever non-music (I just think there's no real melody to rap)

but how handy is that?
Who was it wrote; Give any one species too much rope and they'll fuck it up?
-Roger Waters

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 10:21:52 am »
I agree with the others.  No one on here cares!  It is a beautiful melting pot of backgrounds and full of love and compassion that is missing in most social settings.  Open up, you'll find the types of connections you seek.

And as far as I go... just ask anyone around here, i am the ANTI-LABEL!!!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline bear60

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 12:28:09 pm »
I am a gay male. You can say we are all human and all the same because we all have one problem: HIV.  But its clear to me we are not all the same and we are not all able to understand each other.  There are cultural and language barriers, there are political and social barriers and there are prejudices I believe that exist here.  Frankly I avoid heterosexuals and have for decades.  My plumber is gay, my primary physicians used to be gay till they too died of HIV. I have a lesbian insurance agent and go out to eat at gay owned establishments.  I buy my dvds ,cds, and books at a gay owned book store. My friends are mostly gay or lesbian.  Why?  Because I chose it.  I choose my friends because I was discriminated against by the heterosexual world and do not want to have to endure conversations about children.  I dont have children and do not want to have children.  Oh sure its a new world for many homosexuals who can have commitment ceremonies and adopt children and have something in common with heterosexuals.  I dont have much in common with heterosexuals. I know some heterosexuals who are artistic or who are literary or who have homosexual members of their families and who are therefore more understanding of gay culture. But in the end most heterosexuals think homosexuality is not normal. They may accept homosexuals or like to think they are "open minded" but they do not understand that being gay is just like being heterosexual...who you dream about is who you are programmed to dream about. Who you want to have a long term relationship with is not a choice, its an inherent part of who you are just like hair color.  I have met men who refuse to accept that they are gay or bisexual and marry and have children.  But they are going out on the down low with men.  But these men will not live life as a  homosexual. In fact when out with a group of OPENLY gay men they act like they are being exposed to an alien culture.  They actually dont relate to gay men.
I have read posts by heterosexuals on the forums that basically say this:  I need to have a heterosexual support group for HIV positive heterosexual persons.  Why is it that homosexuals are always catered to?  Why do they get all the attention? What about US. And there you have it:  us vs them.  Well, my response is usually like this: if it werent for the fairies and drag queens and sissies and pansies there would be no AIDS SERVICE ORGANIZATION structure in place to offer the heterosexuals of this country a place to go for medical and social services.  Because it was US who were stigmatized first. It was the queers who had to go out and start their own service organizations to care of the sick and dying because the heterosexuals of this country didnt believe they were going to be affected. That HIV was a GAY disease.
Now the tables have turned.  HIV is a black and minority disease and the middle class white people who get HIV are scratching their heads and  saying " I cant understand why I would get it. I'm not a queer or an IV drug user.
To illustrate this....take a look at the ASO nearest you.  Was it originally formed or organized by gays? Is it run by homosexuals now?  Most likely not.  Is it funded by money raised by homosexuals?  Most likely not.  Oh sure there are some survivors from the 80's...the Whitman-Walker clinic in Washington DC.  Which if you have followed the news...has had MAJOR major major...financial problems and its board of directors has almost dissloved itself.
I am not anti ...anyone.  But I know my history and I know that HIV stigma still exists.  And I know that there is a certain us vs them mentality that still exists among some heterosexuals. It doesnt have to be that way.
Modified to add:  I am of a different (older)generation...that in itself puts me in a very strange or unique catagory:  Senior citizens with HIV.) (People react to me as: a gay man, as an HIV positive person, as an old granddad type, and as an artist etc.)  I dont really care any more what you want to classify me as....SEVEN.  If you dont want to talk to me ....dont.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 01:06:31 pm by bear60 »
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Longislander

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 11:51:24 pm »
hmm, Seven I read your laterpost, and I think I would have understood this one the first time, anyhow. Many times (early on) I would read someones post, and wonder who was writing it. One of the most confusing I remember is AlisenJafi. I don't know if that's someone famous' name or where it comes from. At this point in time I'm think it's a gay male, but with the name Johnny, I can't be so sure. ;)

When someone with an ambiguous name and avatar, they talk about their BF, and it could be a gay male or a str8 women. I get ya. Anyway, WELCOME!

Paul
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 12:51:41 am »

Dayum, we don't have no lesbians here?  WTF!!!  I thought we had all the bases covered!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Seven

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 01:18:54 am »
I know huh...we even have an "other"  ;D

Love it!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.