Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:30:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773155
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 187
Total: 187

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Group Travel to Rio de Janeiro for PMMA  (Read 8127 times)

Offline philipba

Group Travel to Rio de Janeiro for PMMA
« on: December 29, 2006, 07:21:53 pm »
Thanks to everybody who continues to write, but we have filled all 8 slots for the January trip.  Hopefully we will be able to do another one in April  '07 to accommodate all those who could not be fit in this time.

I will post an update after the trip.

Best to all and Happy New Year!

Philip
Buenos Aires
to see the focus of our work go to:
http://aestheticargentina.org/children.php

Offline Catman

• Blessed with more than 9 lives! + since 1986
    • Who is the Catman?
Re: Group Travel to Rio de Janeiro for PMMA
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 08:59:48 am »
What a great link to the clinic. The slideshow really made me cry. I encorage more people to check it out. A big BUMP to this topic. :-*
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end
of this dreadful disease...

Offline egello

• cb
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 01:29:17 pm »
Going to Tijuana or Brazil or Buenos Aire,,, are these out of the country precedures safe?

Anyone else went through this and actually got a good result? or is this just marketing to people suffering?
1/29/07 14 T, 300 k V, 1.8 %
2/22/07 197 T, 247 V, 6.8 %
3/27/07 164 T, <50 V, 5.4 %
5/28/07 177 T, <50 V, 8.2 %
7/28/07 214 T, <50 V, 9.6 %
10/3/07 380 T, <50 V, 10 %

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 10:48:01 pm »
Going to Tijuana or Brazil or Buenos Aire,,, are these out of the country precedures safe?

Anyone else went through this and actually got a good result? or is this just marketing to people suffering?

I've documented my experience on this web page: http://home.triad.rr.com/lipoatrophy/My_Lipoatrophy/Page_1x.html

It's been a year since my treatment and I'm very happy with the results.

Offline Catman

• Blessed with more than 9 lives! + since 1986
    • Who is the Catman?
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 09:50:45 am »
I've documented my experience on this web page: http://home.triad.rr.com/lipoatrophy/My_Lipoatrophy/Page_1x.html

It's been a year since my treatment and I'm very happy with the results.

This link helped me with my search for information. I was also seeking information about these procedures and products and was a bit afraid of injecting something not approved by the FDA. I chose PMMA like GSOgymrat did and am very happy with the results. I have my second session this March 3rd and a final touch up in May. It was costly but it is a one time fee because the product is considered permanent and lasts over 5 years once placed on the face. No touch ups required after the first three sessions and most of the product was placed during the first session which was a bit painful but worth it. I didn't go to Brazil nor Mexico nor Europe. Did mine in Puerto Rico with a doctor who does not promote this type of work and only chooses very few patients with lipo because he is a family doctor who has received training in Lipoatrophy and HIV. He only does it on hiv+ patients and loves to help us get our faces back. Only does it on Saturdays and does it on only 1-2 patients a day. It kills his back because he is standing while the patient is sitting for about two hours. He takes his time and is constantly stopping and analyzing the patients face. Very careful young man who knows the procedure is painful but let's the patient relax before continuing. I would not choose a doctor who does not have any experience or knowledge with lipo or hiv because it will continue and he has to know how to hide it through the filling sites and take caution on other areas of the face that are pron to the wasting. So do ask your doctor questions like how many patients with lipo have you performed the procedure and what studies have made him familiar with lipo and hiv. He just has to be cautious because we are positive and it is not the same fixing up a hiv positive persons face and a negative persons face. Be smart and do not hold back any questions you might have. Good luck.
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end
of this dreadful disease...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.