Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:22:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773295
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 580
Total: 581

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Blips and dips  (Read 8260 times)

Offline zach

Blips and dips
« on: January 22, 2024, 12:14:08 pm »
Cd4 dipped, I've been surfing 125 for a couple years, now 94

Viral load is detected, low but it's there

Low red cell counts

I've been adherent. I've always had low numbers. This just kind of depresses me

AIDS ain't easy

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Blips and dips
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2024, 01:16:44 pm »
I'm sorry to hear the lab results are getting you down. Hugs.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2024, 02:01:52 pm »

ojo.          I’m so sorry to hear you are.feeling depressed. I know the feeling getting bad results for many years. What treatment are you taking?. What does the doctor say about it?… sending you a virtual bear hug, hang in there..

Offline zach

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 03:55:31 pm »
I'm on biktarvy now. Been on it for awhile after stribild and genvoya

Sent my doc an email. He gets back to in 48 hours or less, probably just to reassure me it's nothing more than a bump

I've never really had a strong response to treatment. 15 years below 200 no matter what med I've been on. Single digit nadir probably blocked me in this lane

Tired of being tired. But these results probably do explain my fatigue and fog lately. I feel myelopathy buzzing lately

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2024, 04:10:39 pm »

ojo.           Oh my friend!, I know what you mean tired of being tired, but why don’t you try the treatment that saved my life, I know it is too many pills, but it is worth it. Before I started this life-saving treatment I was sent home to wait for an opportunistic infection to kill me in 2006. I started the treatment, salvage treatment, in January 2007, this trade me guide me to undetectable for the first time since my diagnosis in November 94. I hope you talk to your doctor about this. The treatment is , which I still taking,
Sarunavir/norvir, intelence and isentress

Wishing you the best and you are  not alone we are here for you. As I said, before, hang in there….hugs

Offline zach

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2024, 04:33:13 pm »
I was on salvage years ago, no intention of going back to it unless I have treatment failure

I don't think these blips are cause for that

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2024, 05:12:34 pm »

ojo.           @zack… since my diagnosis well since I started it treatment in January 1995 I had treatment failure that’s why I am almost blind. In 2000 I try. Kaletra, Sustiva and u can’t remember the other med, this treatment save my life and vision, it raised my cd4 from zero to 361 but he didn’t help to reduce my vital load. I use this treatment for five years and I had to stop it because I got three different episodes of pancreatitis. This on 2006 when they sent it to wait for that infection to kill me. Then I tried the salvage treatment and I’m still here. I hope and you discuss it with your doctor and see where are the chances of you getting this treatment which was recommended for people with history or resistance.  Havr faith.

Offline zach

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2024, 06:29:11 pm »
Tonny we've talked before about how similar our experiences have been

You talked me through my eye surgeries

Thank you

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2024, 06:52:09 pm »

ojo.         I know my friend that’s  hurt me reading you, there is hope and we havve to advocate for our lives…yes, i remember your surgery, that’s  what this forum is, just peer support…hang in there, i will be with you all the time..hugs

Offline zach

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2024, 11:00:39 am »
So my count went down, but percentage increased by 1, 14%

Doc is comfortable with that, so I will be too

Just had 2 root canals done, waiting in pharm for ibuprofen and antibiotics now

Drooling all over the place. Living my best life out here

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2024, 04:31:42 pm »

Ojo.          Hi  Zach… i’m glad that you feel comfortable with your cd4% I hope and it keeps climbing…

Good luck and keep us posted

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2024, 04:56:14 pm »
Just had 2 root canals done, waiting in pharm for ibuprofen and antibiotics now

Drooling all over the place. Living my best life out here

:'( I hope you recover soon and stop drooling over yourself.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.