Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2021, 02:35:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 759580
  • Total Topics: 64410
  • Online Today: 262
  • Online Ever: 4912
  • (November 13, 2019, 02:56:14 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 201
Total: 202

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Covid Vaccine  (Read 7337 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: Covid Vaccine
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2021, 09:58:13 am »
Yes.

I just got home from getting vaccinated today. In Ireland, they are only vaccinating the 60 + group this month + the very high-risk group.

I got the Pfizer vaccine, However, I did not ask beforehand and would have taken whatever one they had.

https://twitter.com/JimAllenDublin/status/1388108913791352834

😊 glad you finally got your shot Jim.  Great !

Ray 8
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom , 20 mg of Atorvastatin, 25 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Amlodipine Besolate 5mg-- Updated 12/11/20

Diagnosed positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Jan 8th,21,  Viral load remains Undetectable

CD 4 @535 /  CD4 % @ 16 %
69 YEARS YOUNG

WEAR A MASK !! COVID KILLS !

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2021, 10:05:57 am »
 8)

All of my family members and closest friends have already received, either their single J and J dose, or both doses of the Phizer or Moderna vaccine. Everyone is Fine ! My sister received the J and J dose. she is 64. No problems.

Ray  8)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom , 20 mg of Atorvastatin, 25 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.

Diagnosed positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

69 YEARS YOUNG

Offline virgo313

« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2021, 11:16:14 am »
Noted again, I will try to get ANY vaccine once opportunity comes. Both my parents already got their 1st dose pzifer. They are almost 90. As for me there is no clear indication when we will get a date. Glad government is considering “1st come 1st served” for AZ. Critics here calculated at current rate, it will takes 4 years to vaccinate all.  ;D
RVD Nov 2015. VL --> Log 5.32 HAART on 23/11/15
TDF+FTC+EFV / Chemo KS - 25/11/15 - 20/01/16.
CD4 - 4 (3/11/15) / VL - 225,000

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2021, 05:03:00 pm »
For any veterans on this site, that have not received their vaccine yet,.. I received this email today, about the Covid 19  vaccine.

--------------------------------------

An update on the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 vaccine

We’re starting to offer the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine again at VA health facilities. We’ll provide this vaccine—along with the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines—to Veterans, spouses, caregivers, and CHAMPVA recipients who are at least 18 years old. Supply varies by facility.
How we made this decision

We continue to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
When a very small number of people who received the Janssen vaccine experienced rare but serious blood clots, CDC and FDA experts recommended a pause in providing this vaccine. They did this to give them time to study the issue. They then carefully reviewed these cases and all available data.

Based on this review, they’re confident that this vaccine is safe for use and works well to prevent COVID-19.

The available data shows:
•   The vaccine’s benefits outweigh its risks
•   The chance of blood clots after getting this vaccine is very low
What this means for you

If you haven’t yet received a COVID-19 vaccine from VA, your local facility will contact you when they have one for you. If we offer you the Janssen vaccine, we’ll give you information about the potential risks and benefits. This includes the rare risk of blood clots. We’ll also tell you about your other vaccine options.

The primary goal of COVID-19 vaccines is to protect those we serve from COVID-19. And your safety—and the safety of all who receive a COVID-19 vaccine from VA—remains our priority.

What you can do next

To learn about your VA health facility’s current plan, go to the facility’s website. Once you’re on the site, go to Health care services, then COVID-19 in the menu.
Find your nearest VA health facility that offers COVID-19 vaccines
If you have questions about this vaccine, contact your primary health care provider. If you get care through VA, you can send a secure message to your VA provider.
Send a secure message to your VA provider to ask about COVID-19 vaccines
Note: Please don’t come to a VA health facility to request a COVID-19 vaccine unless you have an appointment or received an invite to a vaccine clinic.

You’re getting this email because you signed up on VA.gov to get updates about our COVID-19 vaccine plans. If someone forwarded this email to you, you can sign up to receive future updates.
If you don’t want to get these emails anymore, you can unsubscribe at any time."

Ray

69 YEARS YOUNG

Offline fabio

« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2021, 04:25:35 am »
although not about this comment per se, it seems a lot of people don't understand this vaccine roll-out. I've never heard of anyone getting to "choose" which one they want. What happens is, depending on vaccine approval dates and manufacturing processes, doses are created and shipped out to next on the list basically.

Pzifer, moderna, and then J&J have rolled out in America and which vaccine you get depends on when it was manufactured, how much was allocated to your state, what type was shipped to your local hospital or vaccination location, and when you were able to get the vaccine. Because many locations receive shipments of all of these brands, when and where you get the vaccination is the factor in determining what brand you will receive.

When I got my vaccine, I got the pzifer because the previous shipment of Moderna to our area had run out and the next shipment sent to this vaccination location was Pzifer. A few local clinics got more moderna along with J&J, so what type you got depended on when you got the shot and at what location.

I found out what med I was getting when I got it. I would imagine that the same thing happens anywhere else. the nurse/health professional who gives you the vaccination should inform you. If not, the brand should be noted in the paperwork you are given. So much data is being tracked about this disease and these vaccinations, there's no way you and the person giving you the shot shouldn't be able to easily find out which one you have received. I don't think there are many countries giving out vaccinations now, that regularly inject their citizens with drugs without some sort of paperwork and consent from the patient.

tl;dr
no one really "chooses" what vaccine they receive. it depends on what was shipped to your area. ask the nurse giving the shot. they'll have paperwork about what type your getting.
That is true,you don't really choose any kind of vaccine. I remember when I went to the army first day they just jabbed us with some unknown fluids and we were set haha.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2021, 08:41:03 am »
That is true,you don't really choose any kind of vaccine. I remember when I went to the army first day they just jabbed us with some unknown fluids and we were set haha.

;D yes, .... They were jabbing all kinds of liquids in both arms, as we continued down the line, for the next shot. Don't really remember how many shots I got back then...

Ray 8)

69 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2021, 10:25:03 pm »
I'll be getting my second dose Wednesday and I'm 99.9% sure it will be as uneventful as the first shot.

I kinda understand some people's apprehension with getting the vaccine.. but I honestly didn't think about it too much and was determined to get it just bc I was tired of being afraid of it.. just wanted to go back having a life.

Now the challenge is trying to convince someone I care about to get vaccinated too.. she's not an anti-vaxxer, she just doesn't trust how fast the vaccine has been rolled out. I'm working on it but she's so goddamn stubborn.

In my search for articles and media that would hopefully help her see the light, I ran into these YouTube vids from Vox that helped me get a better understanding about these vaccines..

Why you can't compare Covid-19 vaccines..
https://youtu.be/K3odScka55A

mRNA vaccines, explained..
https://youtu.be/mvA9gs5gxNY

And THIS..
Can we get rid of Covid-19 forever?..
https://youtu.be/2ty2J0s2W0c

« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 10:27:08 pm by Almost2late »

Offline virgo313

« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2021, 02:57:06 am »
Finally, I feel relief now that I have a date for covid vaccine appointment. Manage to book a slot for AZ vaccine that was for 1st come 1st serve basis. Total 260k slot taken up within 3 hours.
https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/following-overwhelming-response-initial-268000-astrazeneca-vaccination-slots-minister

If wasn’t for this, I really don’t know when will I get a shot if I wait like others. Current pace is like:- (Started in Early March) Pzifer or Sinovac (cannot choose)
Our population: around 40 million
Those received 1 shot already: 900K
Received 2 shots: 550K
*at least 1 shot the n total: 1.45 million

Glad have a chance to choose like lottery for AZ. 😂

RVD Nov 2015. VL --> Log 5.32 HAART on 23/11/15
TDF+FTC+EFV / Chemo KS - 25/11/15 - 20/01/16.
CD4 - 4 (3/11/15) / VL - 225,000

Offline harleymc

« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2021, 06:12:35 am »
The AZ Oxford rollout in Australia is proving a pain.

After the first shot there is a three week window where clots have been observed. Some of the symptoms are vague rash, headache that sort of thing...  I'm normally so relaxed and comfortable with vaccines but this one meant I was constantly evaluating my health in an almost obsessive fashion.  SAt last the three weeks has passed.

Now I have a 9 week wait for my second appointment.

At current rollout rates Australia won't be vaccinated untill 2023.  That's an awfully lot of lockdown still to come

Offline nethan1621

« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2021, 07:19:12 am »
I didnt have time to choose but my company gave an option and decide… ::). “ you can get the jab or you wanna grounded “  >:( … Took Moderna month ago , and still im alive  ;D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2021 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.