Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:28:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 537
Total: 540

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Lis's visit, and Tombstone Celebration...  (Read 2348 times)

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
Lis's visit, and Tombstone Celebration...
« on: October 25, 2006, 12:07:17 pm »
Tomorrow is the 125th anniversary of the "Gunfight at the OK Corral" in Tombstone Arizona.  If you are interested in "Old West" history, you will recall that the bloodiest and quickest gunfight of the west occured at the OK Corral in Tombstone Arizona in 1881.

KOLD TV, Tucson,  is going to be carrying the re-enactment of the gunfight and also provide "On Location" live coverage and it is supposed to be starting at 5am Pacific Standard Time tomorrow the 26th of October.  The gunfight re-enactment coverage will begin promptly at 2:15pm, which will be 5:15pm on the East Coast.  You will actually be able to witness the event live as it happens if you go to this link and click on the re-anactment link on KOLD's home page.

http://www.kold.com/

Please enjoy the amazing detail with which the currently local residents put a whole bunch of accuracy into even their very detailed clothing. 

Lis was amazed at the number and quality of both the men's and women's outfits, as we were very lucky to be able to show her the town during the annual "Helldorado Days" celebration.  This town is very much still working and offering the visitor a very accurate reproduction of "life in the Old West" and has adopted the mantra of "The Town Too Tough To Die" as their city motto.  All of those in period dress are there by choice and there is a very long list of local volunteers that show up for their two or three hours of just sittin around on the street to keep the historical feel to the town.  Tombstone is also the central location of the Counties' latest and greatest High School, and kids from all over the county commute there for school daily.  Some drive up to 100 miles round trip.

Lis, Bob and I had just a wonderful time showing her around our very picturesque county and neighborhood, and I think she really enjoyed it a whole bunch.

Here are some photos of last Sunday afternoon in Tombstone.

Thanks for reading.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 12:08:50 pm by Moffie65 »
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: Lis's visit, and Tombstone Celebration...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 05:20:30 pm »
Hi Tim

Thanks for sharing your photo's, you and Lis look so happy I'm glad she enjoyed her stay..it looks just like any  little town in NZ..except we have sealed roads in our towns.. ;)

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Lis

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 05:47:40 pm »
That was a TON of fun... Tessa loves all the things that I got for her there... (thank god) I will never forget the feeling i had when the silversmith brought out the ceremonial rattle and blessed my Gaspeite.. I still get chills... Bob, i now wear your heart on the same chain.. just so you know... i have been given a gift that i will never forget!!

Tim... I have no words for how you made me feel about life... fight the good fight!!!

in respect and love..

lisbeth
poz 1986....

Offline fearless

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 09:22:05 pm »
Sweet!!!
Great pics. Looks like you all had a great time.
Also, lLooks like Tombstone hasn't changed all that much, except for modern cars. Long live Tombstone.
The movie with Burt Lancaster as Wyatt Earp is one of my favourite Westerns.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Robert

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 12:03:43 am »
I just finished Larry McMurtry's  Telegraph Days, a fictional account of the Old West.  He's a great author and always very accurate with his details.  Anyway, he wrote about Tombstone and the "Gunfight at OK Corral"  The gunfight didn't last more than a few seconds and apparently it wasn't really in the corral but right there on the street. 

It sounds like you all had a great time.  WIsh I could have joined you. I love that stuff.

robert 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.