Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:09:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 379
Total: 380

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Insertive Oral Sex for 6 seconds  (Read 14528 times)

Offline Roberto2100

• Standard
Insertive Oral Sex for 6 seconds
« on: November 03, 2011, 04:54:15 pm »
Hi all,

I like this forum, there's some smart people here!  I am a 24 year old straight, white, male.  Anyhow, here's my war story.  August 4th I had a 45 year-old white woman, give me a handjob, when I was not looking, she put her mouth on my penis for 6 seconds before I jolted up to stop it.  On accident, I kicked her on the side of her head when I jumped up, it was 100% an accident.  This woman is kind of "slutty", yet she is a singer and actor and does appear to have good dental hygiene and does not use IV drugs.  I've had ZERO symptoms and I've had to tell my current girlfriend that I have ED from stress for the last 3 months. 
I had an Oraquick antibody test at 6 weeks, it was negative.  The stress and anxiety is torture.  I have my 13 week test this Saturday and I have rarely left the fetal position due to thinking I have HIV.  I try to calm myself down by telling myself that my urethra was not pressed against a bleeding wound in her mouth.  So here's the million dollar question:  Is it possible that I, got hiv from insertive oral sex on my penis, didn't produce antibodies at 6 weeks, had the test not pick it up even if I did, not produce antibodies at 3 months, AND have the test not pick it up?  I have mentally prepared for the worst here, but I've been told that the odds are in my favor.  Any elaborated explanations would be greatly appreciated:)

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Insertive Oral Sex for 6 seconds
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 05:04:31 pm »
There is absolutely no risk in the situation you describe. Insertive oral sex does NOT transmit HIV.

Also, "slutty" is a bit of a misogynistic judgment call.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 07:05:02 pm »
Roberto,

YOU got your dick out of your pants and she's the slut? Grow up and get over yourself.

And quit feeling sorry for yourself. Not one person has ever been infected through getting their dick sucked and you will not be the first. You're just not that special.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Roberto2100

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 10:12:44 pm »
I'm sorry for my language:(  I had a temporary lapse of politeness.  So you're telling me that I can go back to a place where things make sense?  If yes then I'm happy.  Once again, I didn't mean to offend! And Ann, I caught myself reading your blog entries for several hours yesterday, I don't think I could put myself out there as much as you did.  As far as I'm concerned, that is "saint-worthy"!   I'm getting my 13 week test tomorrow, to squash this once and for all. 

Thank You All

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 11:06:56 pm »
Under ABSOLUTELY NO CIRCUMSTANCES

is this an HIV situation.

PLEASE make yourself aware of the REAL  SEXUAL RISKS for HIV

Which are unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse

PLEASE!
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline Roberto2100

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 04:40:31 pm »
Last thing, I promise!

K I just got a little freaked out, yesterday, a Planned Parenthood bus pulled in front of me while driving, the South Park Episode with Jarred from Subway was on Comedy Central, HIV research was mentioned on FOX News a few days ago, AND FINALLY, I was at the library an hour ago, I got a call from my dad and went into the corner of the library, I looked up after saying "hello" to him and the first book I see is "Teens with AIDS Speak out."  I DO plan on seeing a therapist in the near future fyi.  Should I be afraid of getting a positive test result tomorrow??  My test is in 16 hours and I'm having an anxiety attack.  Anything would be appreciated at this point. 

(Virtual hug) Thanks guys:)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 05:40:56 pm »
Never mind the virtual hugs. Just snap out of it. How many ways can we tell you the same thing? Specifically that there was absolutely no risk for HIV from the incident you are concerned about.

Sexual transmission of HIV is all about unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. That's it! Use condoms everytime for those activities and you will be well protected.

Your head maybe going  nutz on you but getting a negative result is a slam dunk for you. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline Roberto2100

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 05:48:45 pm »
Thank You Andy! 

Hopefully in 14 hours I can put this whole thing to bed.  Idk, maybe just the notion of finding out something like that 6 months after getting my masters degree is too much for me to process that this time.  I will have one final post after this one however:  my result at 11am tomorrow afternoon!   

Thank you!
Rob

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 06:03:06 pm »
If you can't digest the fact that you have had NO RISK, I submit that you will have only
"put this whole thing to bed" until the very next time you have sexual contact.

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 07:29:11 am »
Roberto,

You've got a masters and yet you cannot comprehend the simple fact that getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv infection? Saliva is NOT infectious. Get a grip and use your grey matter already.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Roberto2100

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 01:46:17 pm »
HI!!!

So I just got back from getting my test.  I had an Oraquick oral swab and it was negative!  Happiness:)  Thank you all for the support, I am truly grateful!

Roberto

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 03:31:37 pm »
Good. No surprise, but good. Now get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline Roberto2100

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 04:05:17 pm »
Hi guys,

I have another question that I hope you'll answer for me.  I may have kissed a girl at a bar last night.   Is there any risk for contracting HIV in this fashion?   I do have one cut in my mouth, don't taste any blood.  I'm assuming that there would be SOME risk from a very fresh cut, but I was at this place for quite some time so I'm assuming that the "open wound" would have healed to a point where no virus could have passed and the same for the girl I think I kissed.  Ironically, going out with my friends yesterday was kind of a "celebratory" event for my recent negative tests in my mind. 

Thank you all so much!

Offline Roberto2100

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 04:28:12 pm »
A quote from the cdc website:

"There is a remote risk from deep, open-mouth kissing if there are sores or bleeding gums and blood is exchanged. Therefore, persons living with HIV should avoid this behavior with a non-infected partner."

But then, I think about how the CDC is associated with the same government that has us about $15,000,000,000,000 in debt...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 04:50:37 pm »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Roberto2100

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 05:02:07 pm »
So are you telling me kissing is ZERO risk and that I should talk to a mental health professional??  I apologize about the "excessive" posting, I just didn't want to start a new thread for a new question. 

Rob

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 07:01:46 pm »
Roberto,

You had zero risk and yes, if you can't stop obsessing over hiv, see a mental health professional.

Good lord. We've known that - 1) saliva isn't infectious and 2) saliva contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect - for years now. Welcome to the 21st century. Kissing? Really?

Ann
(who is hiv positive and kisses with impunity. I'll kiss you too, provided you're not a dog.)

Yes, I get sick and tired of these idiotic questions. This stuff is so basic - there's no excuse for someone who considers himself to be a MAN to not know this stuff. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Roberto2100

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 09:32:17 am »
Ann,

Thank you for your patience:]

Offline Roberto2100

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2011, 12:56:43 pm »
Hey guys,

I was just briefly reading around out of pure interest and I found this: http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Mental/Q216605.html   This man insists that tests should be done six months out after a French Kissing episode.  Is this man for real?  I'm generally assuming he has no clue whatsoever what he is talking about.  This is the kind of stuff I read that gives my stomach the "rollercoaster" feeling.  I'm sorry to stir the pot again:/  I just...I dont know...

Robby

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2011, 02:03:11 pm »
If you continue to surf the net you will absolutely find material to feed your worst fears. And all to no good purpose.

You "just don't know"? You've already repeatedly been giiven the real deal about your non-risk and about what is risk sexually.

Cut out the drama and get on with your life. If you come again about your non-risk you are going to get yourself a Time Out from the site. HIV is not your problem. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2011, 06:14:12 am »
Roberto,

Even some doctors are so freaked out by hiv that they let their emotions guide their advice instead of science. You will only get answers here that are based in 30 years of hiv science.

You did not have a risk, and neither did that guy over at The Body. I can't believe that doctor told him to test out to six months (which is outdated - the window period for hiv testing has been three months for years now) for a NO RISK kiss. Jeeze. Unbelievable.

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection. If you cannot bring yourself to believe us, go test and collect your negative result. As a sexually active adult, you should be having a FULL sexual health check up at least once a year anyway.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST SPECIFICALLY OVER A KISS OR A BLOWJOB, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Roberto2100

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 02:41:30 pm »
Hi everyone!

Yes, I'm back:/  I was hoping I could get some more good advice.  Honestly, I really haven't been able to "shake" the idea that kissing is safe despite what I've read here, medhelp, and thebody.  I have concluded that I must see a therapist over this irrational fear.  My question is what kind of therapist?  Should I seek out someone who specifically deals with HIV phobia?  I actually do prefer someone who can provide scientific knowledge, it calms me, much like the kind of info on here.  Lastly, (kinda embarrassing but who gives a hoot at this point), is infection possible from sniffing the underwear, that was laying around for 5 hours, of an infected female? 

Thank you for bearing with me, you have no idea how much this means to me<3
Rob

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 02:46:13 pm »
HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 03:29:06 pm »
Roberto,

Mental health therapists are hard to come by even for those of us who are actually living with the virus. However, you might contact an aids service organisation near you for a recommendation. Put your zip code into the search box at poz.com's Health Services Directory to find one.

What Rodney is trying to tell you is that no, sniffing underwear, even if the woman is still wearing it, is not a risk for hiv infection. Hiv is NOT airborne.

Please do get yourself some counselling. This irrational fear shouldn't be ruling your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Roberto2100

• Standard
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 06:10:50 pm »
Ann,
 Judging by your profile picture, you probably are the perfect person to ask this question. I was at my friends house and she has a cat, the cat is friendly and while I was holding it it licked my lip/mouth area.  She got it from the SPCA.  I heard cats can get AIDS, is there a possibility that the cat licking my lip/mouth is some kind of risk?

Much Love,
Roberto

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 06:21:26 pm »
Cats get FIV, not HIV.  The F is for Feline. The H is for Human.

Really?

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 05:41:51 am »
Roberto,

Jonathan is absolutely correct. Cats get Feline Immunodeficiency Virus, people get Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Cats cannot get hiv and people cannot get fiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Roberto2100

• Standard
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2012, 07:57:14 pm »
Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all doing very well.  I myself have not been as good as I have been before... I am currently seeing a therapist and we are working on controlling my severe phobia.  I cannot touch door knobs, railings, and I panic and shake when I go out in public places to eat.  Although strangely I can go to the gym no problem!  I think it's my irrational fear of death and being forgotten that's the source.  Anyway, I have a question; I may have touched blood on a surface at my job (in an office) and I had a freshly cut cuticle.  I didn't touch anything sharp with my fingernail and there's a 99.99% chance the blood on my hand was from my cuticle that I remember chewing/ripping off with my teeth.  Any risk here?  I get scared out of my mind when I go to "thebody.com" they're so vague sometimes.  Lastly, would a 4 week oral fluids antibody test give a good enough preliminary result as a 6 week test?  I really am trying to get better:)   When I travel the world someday, I'd like to meet some of you!  haha!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 07:59:41 pm »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result,  or no-risk situation will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 07:52:06 am »
Roberto,

Unless you're having unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse, or sharing injecting equipment while using street drugs, you are not at risk for hiv infection. We cannot be clearer than that.

A test for you at any time will be conclusive as you have not had a risk.

Continue to question all these outlandish, NO RISK situations, and you WILL be given that time out you've been warned about.

PLEASE CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED FOR THE LAST TIME!!!

Keep working with your doctor to get your phobias under control. We cannot help you with that here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.