Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:16:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 358
Total: 358

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies THREAD PART 50, "STILL I RISE, THROUGH THESE TROUBLED TIMES"  (Read 46109 times)

Offline Snowangel

Re: Ladies THREAD PART 50, "STILL I RISE, THROUGH THESE TROUBLED TIMES"
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2008, 04:08:20 pm »
Netta- Here is the job posting from the home page of Aidsmeds.  Looks like it would be a nice chunk of change.  I am glad you woke that guy up at 4 am to give him a piece of your mind, why people have to be so shady is beyond me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HIV+ Men and Women Needed for Photo Shoot

I am casting 2 ad campaigns for HIV medications. One is a testimonial for a drug called Atripla and the people I find MUST be currently taking Atripla. The other campaign doesn't have any requirements as to which medication/s the talent is taking.

WHO
I'm looking for attractive men and women between the ages of 25-45 who are responsible and are comfortable with having their picture taken. EVERYONE MUST BE HIV+ to be in these ads. (We will need verification before we proceed with the shoot). No experience necessary, and in fact it is preferable that the person has NOT modeled for an HIV medication already.

Men- African America, Caucasian and Hispanic
Women- African American

WHAT
One ad is a testimonial for Atripla, so the people in it need to be currently taking Atripla. The other ad doesn't have requirements about which (if any) HIV medication you are taking.

PAYMENT
$6,000-$8,500 to participate in the shoot and have the photos run for 2 years. This is non-exclusive use
$7,500-$10,000 if the use is exclusive (meaning you can't model for anything else in the HIV health industry)
You won't be paid for coming to the casting, but it is the best way to be considered for the job.

WHERE
I will hold my castings in NYC. Ideally anyone interested should be able to come to me. If someone is interested and cannot attend, please send several very recent photos of so we get an idea of what they look like. Please say where you live.

Anyone who is interested should email martha@marthalazar.com a recent photo, their contact info and their current HIV medication/s. People should contact me before 12/15 for the non-Atripla ad, and before 1/10 for the Atripla ad so I can schedule them for my castings.

Posted Thursday, December 4, 2008

Keeping- How are you feeling?

BT- Hope the car bill did end up being too high.

It has been raining and miserable for days here.  My mother, who lives an hour away, didn't have any work cuz her whole town didn't have any electricity.  They had freezing rain out there, we just had lots of rain.  I went and did the read aloud program at my kids school today and then ran some errands for one of the ladies I help out.  I am so glad it is friday, I am so tired of getting up early or maybe I am just tired in general.  Is Christmas over yet?  ;D

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2008, 09:45:45 pm »
Netta - I don't think you are being harsh at all. It would bother me also. I don't drink much at all. If I had a liquor cabinet it would last me years if I drank it all by my self.  Sounds like he drank quite a bit.

Tendai - The ranch from Dallas is not terribly far from where I live. Maybe a half hour drive north of my home or less.  Downtown Dallas has a bunch of sky scraper buildings and most of the surrounding area is residential neighborhoods. Just south of downtown is an industrial warehouse area.
Dallas and Fort Worth are the main large citys near me. Its called the DFW metroplex. Lots of highways and several towns within the two main citys.
If you go outside the city limits a little you will find smaller towns and lots of open area. Farms, pastures, stuff like that.

Southfork Ranch is the name of the place where they filmed Dallas. I looked it up online because I couldn't remember where it was located exactly. It is actually in the town just north of me called Plano.
So I am closer than I thought. I never watched the show but I do remember it being something people where really into in the 80's.

Offline netta

« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2008, 10:38:55 pm »
I tried to apply to the ad, but the address didn't go through. oh well i am too old anyway
"to thine own self be true"

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2008, 08:29:29 am »
Morning ladies,

Snow, that's nice that you participate in the programs at your kid's school.  That makes for good memories.

Wendy, my brother (I believe it was him) used to be a huge fan of Dallas.  I think he idolized JR.  I never watched it.  I was into other things in the 80's.

Netta, I don't think you are too old for the ad.  Maybe try again?

My car ended up costing me over $400.  And not everything is A-1 on it.  But, hopefully it will last until I can afford to do the other repairs (which won't be for several months).  The washers don't work, so in the front seat I have a spray bottle with windshield washer in it that I use to spray off the windshield.  I think the person who owned the car before me had the cheap washer stuff in it that freezes, so it's probably all frozen.  In that case, I'll have to wait for a few warm days for it to thaw out.  The horn doesn't work either; could be it's disconnected.  I'll check that out later.

It's 22F here, which is already warmer than it was all day yesterday.  We're supposed to get two days of almost 50F degree weather, than the bottom is going to fall out (again). 

Today I'm going to attempt to make it to the mall to use a couple coupons I have for free stuff.  I also want to take my friend's car back to her if she's feeling alright.  Other than that, I'll probably work on my last research paper I have to do.  I need to make fudge, but I'll probably do that tomorrow.  I'm going to send some to my daughter.  She doesn't make stuff like that, and she wants me to send her some (I did last year also).  If it wasn't for her wanting some, I probably wouldn't make any.   Nothing other than that.  You ladies have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline vivyt

« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2008, 04:31:25 pm »
Well, I went out to get some stuff for class this week and now I'm home just waiting for the rain to come. It's supposed to rain this weekend and this week but it hasn't yet. I have to get some laundry done today...if I get up off the couch  :)

That's all....maybe more later

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2008, 06:14:00 pm »
We really lucked out here. Above us and out to the east had bad ice storms and lost electricity.  A lot of people are not due to get it back on until Monday.  Some of Mass had a state of emergency.

Gotta go my Mom is here.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2008, 08:24:36 am »
Morning ladies,

Not much action yesterday.

Andrea, what are you and your students going to make?

Snow, we got lucky here also.  One county north of me got tons of snow, and we got only a light dusting. 

Yesterday I did go to the mall with my best friend, and then I knew why I detest going there.  But, we didn't hang around once we got what we went there for.  It was so crowded.  I waited in one line for like 20 minutes (and there were four cashiers).   And my legs felt like they were going to give out ('cause of my knees I guess).  Anyway.....

We went out to eat after that, and then I came home and took a nap.  When I got up, I did my research paper for my human sexuality class.  I don't know if I mentioned it, but I did the paper on the advantages of legalized prostitution.  I don't really know if it's any good or not.  But, it's done and that completed the last of the homework for the semester (which is only one more week). 

I can't believe that next week around this time, I'll be getting ready to fly to Arizona.  I'm pretty nervous about it.  I haven't flown since way before 9/11, and am not familiar with the new security rules, other than what people have told me (nothing over 4 oz liquid in carry-on, get to the airport an hour and 1/2 early etc.).  I have simply got to remember to get some Dramamine.  I keep forgetting when I go out. 

Today I'm going to my grandkids' this afternoon to celebrate Christmas with them.  I hope they like their presents.  My grandson likes Thomas the Train so I got him some track thingy, and my granddaughter I got this password journal (it's voice recognition) and a keyboard (no, not a big one).  And I got them each some clothes.    Then, my brother is supposed to come over later so we can continue our Wire watching.  Nothing other than that.  You ladies have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2008, 02:34:41 pm »
Good luck with your trip Betty. I remember one year they took my tweezers. What am I going to do with them threaten to pluck someones eyebrows to a perfect arch? I've also had plenty of lighters taken. If you need them be sure to get matches.

I went to a white elephant christmas party last night with my HIV hetero group. I had fun and stayed up till like 4 am. I havent stayed up that late in forever. anywho I had fun.

me last night

Offline vivyt

« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2008, 08:32:24 pm »
Wendy- You look so pretty!  :) They took my tweezers one time too and I was so mad! They were Tweezerman, which are expensive.

Betty- I worked at the mall when I was in college and I ALWAYS shopped there. Now I never go. Can't stand it. Well, every year at our Christimas party I have the kids make gingerbread houses out of graham crackers. It makes a TOTAL mess, but they really love it. I go to a party supply store that has cardboard disks for cakes and that is what they put their house on. Usually I use regular cake frosting but this year I am going to make Royal Icing which is supposed to harden. I am also going to have them make similar houses but with little paper bags. It's a new craft I've never done but it looks so cute.

Didn't do much today. Graded some papers but still haven't done my lesson plans. My crazy neighbor finally moved today. He was evicted. I feel bad, but I'm glad he is gone. Still no rain...now they say tomorrow.

Have a good night everyone!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2008, 10:22:17 pm »
Thank you! I dont look nice always, I hardly ever put makeup on anymore and I hate my pictures when I'm not wearing any. My skin isn't even toned and I always have dark circles under my eyes.  ;D
I wasn't too pleased when they took my tweezers either. It ment I got to spend a week growing a unibrow. LOL

I had a good day today. I was going to go to a hobby store and look at packaging for cookies and candy that I'll be making for Christmas presents but decided to stay home and clean house. Its not the Taj Mahal and its certainly not spotless but having a neat home makes me feel good.
Billy and I went to dinner with our bosses to the Black eyed pea. They are a married couple around 70 years old.
I've been looking at recipes for cookies trying to decide on three types of cookies to make this year. I always make fudge for Christmas. I was thinking about trying to make hard candy. I might just do it.
I like arts and crafts. It makes you feel like a kid again.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2008, 08:52:17 am »
Morning ladies,

Wendy, you do look nice in that picture.  I'm unsure of what a white elephant party is (I'm totally out of the social network I guess).   I'm making three different kinds of fudge (at least that's what I'm planning now).  My daughter, who lives in Washington, was begging me to make some to send to her.  She doesn't do any of that kind of stuff, and I know she misses it.  I sent her some last year, so I'll do it again this year.  I have to make sure I get it made before I go, 'cause I bought all the ingredients a couple weeks ago.  They still sit on my kitchen floor. 

Andrea, those gingerbread houses sound really cute.  What a good teacher you are. 

I think I'm going to do alright with things I'm taking on the plane as far as passing through security.  I have to take a couple lotions out of my purse, as I believe they're more than 4 oz.  I wonder though if they will take the fingernail clippers I have in there (purse)?  I don't understand why they took tweezers.  I mean, I can imagine things you could do to other people with them, but surely they didn't think you would actually do them.  I'm carrying all my meds on with me, which reminds me.  I have to get a note from my doctor so I can carry on my needles that I use for insulin.    This whole thing still doesn't seem real to me.  Probably because I still have classes this week.

Last night when I went to bed, it was 47F out.  So, I opened my window, not knowing what the weather was going to be like, but not thinking it would slide down so far like it did.  When I got up this morning, it was only 14F and I thought I was going to turn into a frozen human.  Now it's 12F out.  Unbelievable.  I can't believe the temp dropped 30 degrees in such a short time.  I've got to go out in it to go to the laundermat also.  Ugh.

Other than cleaning today and doing laundry, nothing else going on.  I hope you ladies have a good day and that some of the old regulars check in (I hope Drag's doing alright).

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2008, 06:33:48 pm »
A white elephant is a gift swapping game.

Gifts are wrapped, but are not labeled to reflect a specific sender or recipient. Gifts are typically inexpensive, humorous items or used items from home; the term white elephant refers to a gift whose cost exceeds its usefulness.

All participants draw a number (from a hat, perhaps) to determine their order.

The participant with #1 unwraps any gift from the pile and then shows it to everyone. Each successive participant, in the order determined from the drawing, can either 1) "steal" an already opened gift (if there's one they really like) or 2) be adventurous and go for a wrapped gift from the pile. If the participant chooses to steal, the person whose gift is stolen now repeats their turn and either 1) steals another person's gift (they cannot immediately steal back the gift that was just stolen from them) or 2) unwraps a new gift.

This cycle of stealing can sometimes continue for a long time, until a new gift is chosen, at which point the turn is passed to the participant with the next number from the drawing. (An alternative to the drawing is to sit in a circle and take turns in a clockwise or counterclockwise direction.)

Since items can be stolen, the item in your possession is not yours until the game is over. However, this is often amended with a rule declaring a gift "dead" or "safe" after it has been stolen a certain number of times (usually two or three). This helps the process go more smoothly (avoiding, for example, the hypothetical scenario of the same gift being stolen by every successive participant) and limits the disadvantage of being among the first to choose gifts.

The person who picked first also has the option of picking last or keeping the gift already in hand. After they exchange or decide to keep their gift, the turn ends and there is no additional swapping.

Offline netta

« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2008, 08:25:33 pm »
Hi ladies, winn u look great!
I wish i had a party or something to ge dressed up for. we use to hav3e aids balls, around world aids days but that has since stopped. has anyone heard from MINSMOM ??? is everything ok???
Betty u have a safe trip. have fun.
Its like spring here, going to be in the 70.s all week!!!!
love to all.Some one needs to start a new thread.
"to thine own self be true"

Offline vivyt

« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2008, 08:23:04 am »
Hey everyone!  :) I finally got my wireless network fixed...YAY! The guy came yesterday and fixed it in like 10 minutes. I wish I knew enough about computers to do it myself.

Betty- I don't think I'm that good. Sometimes I just get good ideas. The bad thing is that most of the extra stuff cost money. It's funny how the kids think that the school pays for everything. They are surprised to find out that I pay for the extra stuff. Truth be told...I don't mind doing it! When do you leave for your trip?

Netta- Right now we are having rain.... :'(

Nothing else to report. Talk to you all later!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2008, 09:19:10 am »
Morning ladies,

Wendy, I've never been to one of those parties.  Sounds like fun.

Netta, it's only 12F degrees here right now.  I suppose all you warm-weather ladies would melt here.

Andrea, I never thought about teachers paying for stuff when I was in school.  It is nice that you do crafts with the kids.  I hear so much about the "bad" teachers, it's nice to know about the good ones, like you.  I leave for Arizona Sunday, 12/21.

Yesterday I actually cleaned, did laundry, and made fudge.  I made three different kinds and was on my feet for the majority of the time between 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.   I had to lay down for an hour afterward, because of my knees.  They're just not working like they used to (of course, all the shit that's wrong with them, I'm lucky I can still walk).  But, yesterday was a major accomplishment day.

Today all I have to do is mail some of the fudge to my daughter, go to my doctor's and do a little shopping.  I still can't believe I'm going to be leaving Sunday.  I suppose I'll get more butterflies once the days to leave get shorter.    You ladies have a good day.

Offline camille07

« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2008, 09:40:10 am »
Hey Ladies-

I haven't posted for almost a year.  I had a very hard last few months.   Hope all of you are well!

Camms

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2008, 01:40:51 pm »
Hey ladies...just poppin in to say hey..I promised myself i would a tleast chck in every now n then...I hope all is well with everyone

Hey cams...Long time no here babes....((hugss))

Queen your in my prayers...u and your son....that has to be hard....

Everyone take care..weather sucks here...i hate the winter...love that xmas is almost here tho and cant wait for it to be over!!!! I have my finall final Saturday and its over until the end of Jan..Wohoo....

Hugs , kisses, and cold medicine to all who need it....Hey has minismom been around????
Live life to the fullest...

Offline jennynyc7

« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2008, 03:23:46 pm »
I play that game too. It can be a a lot of fun. Here is one we played at my office party the other day.

Everyone stands in a circle with the gift they brought. Someone (who didn't bring a gift) stands in the center and reads the story below and everytime they say the words right or left, you pass your gift in that direction. So at the end, you are stuck with whatever gift that is in your hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christmas was almost here, and Mother RIGHT was finishing the Christmas baking.

Father RIGHT, Sue RIGHT, and Billy RIGHT returned from their last-minute Christmas errands.

"There's not much LEFT to be done," said Father RIGHT as he came into the kitchen.

"Did you leave the basket of food at church?" asked Mother RIGHT.

"I LEFT it RIGHT where you told me to," said Father RIGHT.

"I'm glad my shopping is done," said Billy RIGHT. "I don't have any money LEFT."

The hall telephone rang, and Susan RIGHT LEFT to answer it.

She rushed back and told the family "Aunt Tillie RIGHT LEFT a package for us RIGHT on Grandma RIGHT's porch.

I'll go over there RIGHT now and get it." she said as she LEFT in a rush.

Father RIGHT LEFT the kitchen and brought in the Christmas tree.

By the time Susan RIGHT returned, Mother RIGHT, Father RIGHT, and Billy RIGHT had begun trimming the tree.

The entire RIGHT family sang carols as they finished the decorating.

Then they LEFT all the presents arranged under the tree and went to bed, hoping they had selected the RIGHT gifts for their family.

Now I hope you have the RIGHT present for yourself, because that's all that's LEFT of our story.....

Except to wish you a Merry Christmas....Isn't that RIGHT?
12/24/07-infected
1/3/08-ARS began
2/12/08-diagnosed
Initial Vl=99000
CD4=585
2/14/08-began Truvada/Reyataz/Norvir
3/01/08=Swapped Reyataz for Viramune
5/1/08:     vl= undetectable
                cd4=1250
10/24/08:  vl=undetectable
                cd4=1172 (55%)

12/4/08:    vl=254 (hopefully just a small blip)
                cd4=1234

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2008, 07:18:30 pm »
Hey Ladies---

Sorry, I haven't been chatty lately but I have been reading and keeping track of everyone. Someone needs to start a new thread. I would but I just can't think of anything creative at the moment. My sister has been getting on my last nerve so much so that when my lease ends, I plan on moving. It was a mistake to even move here. But since I like my landlord and he has other property, I am going to see if I can move into something else. If he doesn't then I am still out of here. She is just being too damn petty and it is getting on my last nerve. And when I do move, I think that will be the end of me trying to make nice with her or my other sister.

I talked with Sexy today. He is opening up to me which is good but I seem to always get with dudes who seem to be hung up on their freaking ex. And want to talk to me about it like I am freaking Dr. Phil or something. Geez!!!! I appreciate him wanting to vent and wanting my opinion on things. But with what he told me, I don't feel like I have a chance in hell because he is still hung up on her. The sad part is that he is hung up on her kids because he can't have any and though he is not with her anymore, still wants to be in the kids lives....What a man and how can you hate on that, ya know. So, I don't know whether to try to stick it out with him and see where it goes or just say forget it.

I mean, it's taken a minute for him to open up to me and I like being friends with him. But because of the way he is, I am wanting more but doesn't see the point of saying anything because he has put his guard up towards women because of her. I kind of feel like I am damned if I do and damned if I don't. I just feel like banging my head up against a wall or something.... ???

PS....I started a new thread.....Hopefully this one will be locked...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 02:57:25 am by Queen Tokelove »
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.