Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:32:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 228
Total: 231

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Crazy Christian Freak Out!  (Read 18348 times)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Crazy Christian Freak Out!
« on: July 19, 2010, 07:36:38 pm »
I think I can say without fear of contradiction that there is no funnier crazy than christian crazy. Whether they be handling rattle snakes or casting out daemons, it always makes for champagne comedy.

Especially when the dumb motherfuckers start speaking in tongues. (Click for Utter Awesome)

Apparently the fruitloop peforming in the above linked video is was taking part in the National Organization for Marriage Summer for Marriage Tour 2010. Some nasty sodomites and bull dykes turned up to counter protest and the Holy Spirit just fluttered down and took over.

Classic stuff. Anyone else have videos of religious weirdos doing their thang?

MtD

Offline john33

Re: Crazy Christian Freak Out!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 07:49:07 pm »
I'm too busy cringing at the memory that far too many moons ago (no pun Rev), i used to be one of them

John :-[ :-[

(edited to use the spell check)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 07:55:12 pm by john33 »

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 07:52:37 pm »
This video makes me embarassed for them.  I mean I can make up syllables too it's not divine it's just idiotic.

Offline john33

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 07:54:07 pm »
couldn't put it better myself Trey

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 07:58:10 pm »
I think I can say without fear of contradiction that there is no funnier crazy than christian crazy. Whether they be handling rattle snakes or casting out daemons, it always makes for champagne comedy.

Especially when the dumb motherfuckers start speaking in tongues.

They're simply disgusting.  I have no tolerance for this garbage.

Thank God I'm atheist, cause if I had to share "heaven," even for just one second, with these muthafuckas I'd beg to be sent to the eternal fires of hell without any hesitation.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 08:04:21 pm »
And who can forget Mrs Marguerite Perrin of Trading Spouses fame? (Click here for a seriously impressive freak out.)

MtD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 08:07:14 pm »
And who can forget Mrs Marguerite Perrin of Trading Spouses fame? (Click here for a seriously impressive freak out.)

MtD

I've seen her before (they actually had her back for a second episode) and she reminds me of the Law and Order where the guy had stage 3 syphillis and he was crazy....yeah she's like that.

Offline john33

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 08:11:42 pm »
OMG I knew someone like her :o

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 08:15:41 pm »
GOOD TIMES
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline john33

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 08:18:23 pm »
Not really 10 wasted years the majority of which i've managed to blank out of my head

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 08:18:35 pm »

Looks as though she needs a double down to calm her. I remember watching that episode.

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 08:20:00 pm »

MtD

It is "dork-sided"...

Mah, mah, mah... she is a lunatic.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 08:29:52 pm »
They still have snake churches in West VA.  We were watching a special on TV about church going snake handlers and every state except WV has outlawed them at this point.  The looks on those people's faces just before the snake was handed to them was priceless. 

hat ever happend to Rev Anglee (sp??) you could put your hand on the TV set and be healed!  That would be a huge breakthrough now wouldn't it?

Offline max123

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 08:51:27 pm »
that's some funny shisnik  ;)
1/86 - 6/08 (annually): neg elisa
7/09: pos elisa/pos wb
8/09: cd4 560, cd4% 35, vl 13,050
12/09: cd4 568, cd4% 33, vl 2,690
4/10: cd4 557, cd4% 29.3, vl 6,440
7/10: cd4 562, cd4% 29.6, vl 3,780

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 09:00:12 pm »
(w)hat ever happend to Rev Anglee (sp??) you could put your hand on the TV set and be healed!  That would be a huge breakthrough now wouldn't it?
old Ernest "Be Healed" Angley is still around.

Starting out in Gastonia NC, near Charlotte, he went on to Cuyahoga Falls OH, near Cleveland, where he can still be seen on Channel 55 which is owned by the Ernest Angley Ministeries. Before anyone thinks I follow this whack-a-doo faith-healer, let me explain that growing up in Charlotte, meant I saw EA on television when I was a child, and moving up to Canton Oh (and having a courier job in Akron and Cuy Falls for several yrs), meant not only was EA on TV up there too; but I drove passed his church 5 days a week for 5 yrs.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 09:52:06 pm by leatherman »
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 09:38:35 pm »
I will never forget his way too tight brown suits, that little bow tie,  and his BIG hair!  I heard that they put him in jail when he went to Germany back in the 80s.  I think it was on some technicality about healing via TV broadcast.  Its good to know he is still around asking for the almighty dollar. 

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2010, 10:17:44 pm »
I will never forget his way too tight brown suits, that little bow tie,  and his BIG hair!  I heard that they put him in jail when he went to Germany back in the 80s.  I think it was on some technicality about healing via TV broadcast.  Its good to know he is still around asking for the almighty dollar. 
I would put money on that being a rug on top his head these days. It's un-natural. LOL this very interesting page (http://www.edwardtbabinski.us/religion/soldiers.html) discusses some of the foilibles of several religious men. About E. Angley it says, "Rev. Ernest Angley, upon heeding God's call to hold a healing crusade in Munich, Germany, was arrested and jailed for practicing medicine without a license."

Hmm, being back here outside of Charlotte, I see that Billy Graham and Jim Baker also have write-ups about their "problems". My Mom's been trying to get me to go the Billy Graham Museum but I think either me or it would probably burst into flames if I entered. LOL I'm actually living now pretty close to the old PTL "Hertiage USA" complex here right outside my new hometown. During my senior year (at my Christian high school ::)), a classmate/friend and I used to take my little brothers with us, and get drunk on the way over to PTL to go swimming in their pool. :D

Ah the joys of living in the "Bible Belt". :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 10:26:11 pm »

MtD

Miss MArguerita needs about 8 Klony's shoved up that fat ass so she'll simma down.

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 10:45:23 pm »
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 10:46:11 pm »
Miss MArguerita needs about 8 Klony's shoved up that fat ass so she'll simma down.

-W

wat

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 11:26:07 pm »

Offline Merlin

• As My WILL, So MOTE It Be !
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2010, 04:52:24 am »
Not too bad...nice rap song for Africa.
Just add in "eat the poo poo" and we have a hit, right between the eyes!  :D
I'll leave Hatred to those not strong enough to Love.

+++

Believe & The Power Of The Mind Transforms.
Make It Happen...

+++

I blame them for nothing.
I forgive them for everything.

---->> Mary J. Blige on dysfuctional parents

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2010, 08:26:46 am »
PTL club!  Everybody use to translate that acronym as Pass The Lute. 

I heard that Jim and Tammy use to have fresh cinnamon buns brought in every morning to just make the kitchen smell nice.  They did not even eat them... just wanted them in the house for the smell.  My guess is a candle would have done the job.  I hear they had a HUGE home there near Rock Hill.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2010, 09:49:06 pm »

-W

This lady did a telephone interview on my favorite morning radio show after the episode aired and said she normally isn't like that, that she just got herself a little worked up on the trip home. She was very nice and calm during the interview. They even got her to do a station ID, something along the lines of "You're listening listening to Dudley and Bob; oh my gosh they're so dark...GET THE HECK OUT OUT MY HOUSE!" They tried to get her to screech on the air but she was too embarrassed by her TV performace to do it live.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2010, 10:01:48 pm »
PTL club!  Everybody use to translate that acronym as Pass The Lute. 

I heard that Jim and Tammy use to have fresh cinnamon buns brought in every morning to just make the kitchen smell nice.  They did not even eat them... just wanted them in the house for the smell.  My guess is a candle would have done the job.  I hear they had a HUGE home there near Rock Hill.

Jim is an ass. I'm led to believe that Tammy Faye was not too bad for a pentecostal when it came to gheys and AIDS and stuff.

If memory serves more than one tear was shed here when the lady popped her clogs.

MtD

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2010, 10:10:42 pm »
I'm led to believe that Tammy Faye was not too bad for a pentecostal when it came to gheys and AIDS and stuff.

If memory serves more than one tear was shed here when the lady popped her clogs.

MtD

I loved her, running mascara and all.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 10:18:06 pm »
I loved her, running mascara and all.

From Slate (I know, I know):

[Tammy] had long refused to denounce homosexuals on the Bakkers' TV show and that she had urged sympathy for those with AIDS. In her final interview last week, she said, "When we lost everything, it was the gay people that came to my rescue, and I will always love them for that."

(link)

Her son, Jay Bakker is one of those "pro-gay" evangelicals and repudiates much of his father's ministry.

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 10:36:56 pm »

Her son, Jay Bakker is one of those "pro-gay" evangelicals and repudiates much of his father's ministry.

MtD

114 W. 29th St, 3rd Floor eh?  Mere blocks from the West Side Club.

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2010, 10:54:43 pm »
yes, after years of spreading their evangelical and anti-gay message in the Carolinas for years and helping keep the stigma going against homosexuality in this part of the red-neck Bible Belt, the Bakker/Messners left the area and changed their tune.

During his "downfall" along with the scandal of boffing jessica hahn, there were many rumors about Jim's "homosexual" liasons. (http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,956551,00.html) It wasn't until near the end of Tammy Faye's life, when her cancer was not in remission, her second husband was in jail and after her talk show with Jim Bullock, that she turned "pro-gay". (http://home.conservativebabylon.com/category/jim-bakker/)

While others elsewhere may have "embraced her (Tammy Faye) as a gay icon", you won't find too many gay people here in the Carolinas, who came out and dealt with the stigma the Bakkers/PTL, Ernest Angley and Billy Graham encouraged, who think that way.

Sadly I no longer own this t-shirt that was quite popular in the area in the early 80s
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2010, 10:59:49 pm »
yes, after years of spreading their evangelical and anti-gay message in the Carolinas for years and helping keep the stigma going against homosexuality in this part of the red-neck Bible Belt, the Bakker/Messners left the area and changed their tune.

During his "downfall" along with the scandal of boffing jessica hahn, there were many rumors about Jim's "homosexual" liasons. (http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,956551,00.html) It wasn't until near the end of Tammy Faye's life, when her cancer was not in remission, her second husband was in jail and after her talk show with Jim Bullock, that she turned "pro-gay". (http://home.conservativebabylon.com/category/jim-bakker/)

While others elsewhere may have "embraced her (Tammy Faye) as a gay icon", you won't find too many gay people here in the Carolinas, who came out and dealt with the stigma the Bakkers/PTL, Ernest Angley and Billy Graham encouraged, who think that way.

Sadly I no longer own this t-shirt that was quite popular in the area in the early 80s

Yeah that's the second time in as many weeks you've hauled that t-shirt back up Memory Lane.

MtD

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2010, 11:16:24 pm »
Yeah that's the second time in as many weeks you've hauled that t-shirt back up Memory Lane.
I know! :D I haven't talked about Tammy Faye or PTL in all my years in OH, and now that I'm back in SC, the topic just keeps coming back up. LOL Hell I hadn't even talked about Angley in years and I was actually driving passed his church in Akron. I guess it just goes to show why this area of the US is called the "Bible Belt" - Religion is very big in the South.

I'll keep my eye out in the local Goodwill stores and if I ever come across one of these shirts, I'll be sure to buy one and send it to ya. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 11:47:39 pm »
I'll keep my eye out in the local Goodwill stores and if I ever come across one of these shirts, I'll be sure to buy one and send it to ya. ;)

Please do. I find that cheap poly-cotton cloth is perfect for cleaning my toilet.

MtD

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2010, 07:22:12 am »
Not sure about the backwoods, but the mo's in Charlotte were all about Tammy.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2010, 09:04:39 am »
If anyone here is interested in Tammy Faye there is a pretty good documentary called "The Eyes of Tammy Faye". It is narrated by RuPaul and portrays Tammy Faye as fairly guileless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6aGqvkYcO8&feature=youtube_gdata

I was living in Raleigh for most of the rise and fall of the Bakers and Tammy Faye was essentially a punchline.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2010, 09:45:59 am »
If you scraped the makeup off of Tammy's face, there would be enough to ice a big ole pound cake with it! 

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2010, 10:04:08 am »
After watching her last interview where she was a withered husk of a person dying from colon cancer I couldn't do anything but feel sympathy for her.  She seemed like (regardless of her religious views) a very kind lady and no one should have to suffer what she went through.  She's not what I would consider an out and out bigot a la Fred Phelps or Jerry Falwell.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2010, 11:18:02 am »
For Matty's benefit, keep in mind that the directors of Eyes of Tammy Faye (which I profess to never having seen myself) was directed by the same two gay guys that do RuPaul's Drag Race.  

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6aGqvkYcO8

All of the big NYC drag queens like Lady Bunny, RuPaul, LaHoma van Zandt -- they're all actually from the South originally and hence seeped in that fundie flava from birth.  Tammy Faye, since she's only one step from being a drag queen herself, is a natural ally for this crowd, as well as all the other Southern queers it seems, at least for those that rose up during the 80's, especially as Tammy used to cart AIDS victims onto the PTL set.  Once this movie came out a decade ago a newer generation of gay boys saw Tammy in the same camp light.

I must assume that the title references Eyes of Laura Mars and I insist if you've not seen that one you rush out immediately and locate a copy.

ps: Tammy's son is such a bear and preaches in Chelsea, Manhattan... come out of the closet sweetie.  He's like 110% gay punker that hangs at the Cock. (sorry for that old article, the bar has also relocated and still is open)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC2Lft29pcM&
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 11:31:12 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2010, 11:23:53 am »
ps: Tammy's son is such a bear and preaches in Chelsea, Manhattan... come out of the closet sweetie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_uDr7R3vu

Link doesn't work.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2010, 11:26:09 am »
Link doesn't work.

I just edited it below.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2010, 11:31:49 am »

I must assume that the title references Eyes of Laura Mars and I insist if you've not seen that one you rush out immediately and locate a copy.

Fabulous.  I just love Faye Dunaway, especially in anything from the Network era.

And I don't care what them Southern queens may say, I still love me some Tammy.  She was such a tragic mess, but a good soul (in my opinion) nonetheless.  We had a couple of Miami drag queens in the mid-90's who were definitely inspired by her "style."

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2010, 11:33:05 am »
She seemed like (regardless of her religious views) a very kind lady and no one should have to suffer what she went through.  She's not what I would consider an out and out bigot a la Fred Phelps or Jerry Falwell.
Tammy Faye changed her tune in her later years but that doesn't make up for the years worth of damage her and her husband's ministry did to the community, straight and gay. I can only imagine how much easier it would have been to have come out in this area without the likes of Billy Graham or the Bakkers anti-homosexual preachings. Not to mention Jerry Falwell just up in the highway in Lynchburg VA, or Bob Jones just down the road in Greenville SC.

Not sure about the backwoods, but the mo's in Charlotte were all about Tammy.
Sadly if you know "mo's" that were "all about Tammy", after the years and years that the PTL evangelical ministries spent following the Billy Graham ministries preaching their brand of hellfire-n-brimstone conservative religion that disavows homosexuality as a serious "sin", then you must know some "mo's" dealing with self-hatred or, sadly like a lot of young people now-a-days, with a serious lack of historical knowledge.

Since you don't live around here, I'm not surprised that you don't understand what a joke PTL, Jim Bakker, and Tammy Faye are in this area to gays and straights. Surely that t-shirt picture I posted helps show the contempt many people in the area have about the Bakkers. Why in 1984, you could walk through Eastland mall and see all sorts of people sporting that shirt portraying Tammy Faye as a big joke. Why even the Pentecostals and religious people that used to attend the services speak with derision against the whole PTL organization these days. It was a huge sex and money scandal in this area and the Bakker's reputation was totally destroyed. The last time a "Bakker" was even remotely in the area was when their son came to Durham (over 3 hrs away) for a pride festival.

The most current news (from the Rock Hill Herald) about the PTL club is about how much of the property is falling into disrepair and the county is looking to demolish a lot of the buildings. No one around here holds the Bakkers in high regard.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2010, 01:22:08 pm »
Tammy Faye changed her tune in her later years but that doesn't make up for the years worth of damage her and her husband's ministry did to the community, straight and gay. I can only imagine how much easier it would have been to have come out in this area without the likes of Billy Graham or the Bakkers anti-homosexual preachings. Not to mention Jerry Falwell just up in the highway in Lynchburg VA, or Bob Jones just down the road in Greenville SC.
Sadly if you know "mo's" that were "all about Tammy", after the years and years that the PTL evangelical ministries spent following the Billy Graham ministries preaching their brand of hellfire-n-brimstone conservative religion that disavows homosexuality as a serious "sin", then you must know some "mo's" dealing with self-hatred or, sadly like a lot of young people now-a-days, with a serious lack of historical knowledge.

Since you don't live around here, I'm not surprised that you don't understand what a joke PTL, Jim Bakker, and Tammy Faye are in this area to gays and straights. Surely that t-shirt picture I posted helps show the contempt many people in the area have about the Bakkers. Why in 1984, you could walk through Eastland mall and see all sorts of people sporting that shirt portraying Tammy Faye as a big joke. Why even the Pentecostals and religious people that used to attend the services speak with derision against the whole PTL organization these days. It was a huge sex and money scandal in this area and the Bakker's reputation was totally destroyed. The last time a "Bakker" was even remotely in the area was when their son came to Durham (over 3 hrs away) for a pride festival.

The most current news (from the Rock Hill Herald) about the PTL club is about how much of the property is falling into disrepair and the county is looking to demolish a lot of the buildings. No one around here holds the Bakkers in high regard.

There you go assuming again. You bet your sweet grass I know North Carolina. I have family that has lived there since the early 80's. I'm in Charlotte at least twice a year. We have a beach house on the coast of North Carolina, spent the fourth there.  I think it was around 85 that we started going to Heritage just for shits and giggles. Hell, most of the staff were mo's. Believe me, plenty of mo's were "out" in Charlotte in 85 while you were still getting chased around the outhouse by your uncle. Check out the archives from the Charlotte Observer bub. They serialized the diary my cousin kept, while she was a juror on the the Jim Bakker trial. So can the attitude and go sit on a Palmetto.

On a historical note. My relatives moved west from North Carolina when Tennessee was still part of North Carolina. We own that property to this day.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 01:29:52 pm by Dachshund »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2010, 01:27:42 pm »
On a historical note. My relatives moved west from North Carolina when Tennessee was still part of North Carolina. We own that property to this day.

Uncle Kenny, is that you?
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2010, 04:04:21 pm »
So can the attitude and go sit on a Palmetto.
you tell me to can my attitude, yet don't you understand the damage done to thousands of homosexuals by fundamental Christianity in the South? If Jim and Tammy, if Jerry Falwell, if Jack Hudson (the pastor of Northside Baptist Church which ran my school Northside Christian School), if any of those people had not preached anti-homosexual teachings, or had stood up for "gays", there might not be the amount of religious intolerance to homosexuality as there is today. When I think of people like them (Jim, Tammy, Falwell, etc) I can't help but think of all the gay people whose lives were made a million times more miserable, whose parents disowned them, who endured stigma and discrimination because of the teachings and preachings of those people.

Personally, I'm rather surprised that you would stand up for Tammy Faye supporters. Its similar to supporting someone like Fred Phelps if he were to have an end-of-life transformation and turn pro-gay. Just because Tammy Faye dressed like a drag queen is no reason to ignore the fundamentalist anti-homosexual message she and her husband(s) preached for so many years. Why some gay people would believe the propoganda of some movie and embrace someone that espoused/preached anti-homosexual opinions for decades is something I'll never understand.

Believe me, plenty of mo's were "out" in Charlotte in 85 while you were still getting chased around the outhouse by your uncle.
I don't talk about you or your family, and I would appreciate you giving me that same courtesy. I only have one uncle (who has now passed away), who had 3 lovely daughters. He never attempted to molest me in any way. Besides living inside the largest city in NC, we had a real home with real indoor plumbing. And finally, get your dates right. I was "out" in Charlotte myself in 85. Heck it was probably 84 or 85 when I acquired HIV. I got that and my first tattoo in NC before I moved to Ohio. :D

I think it was around 85 that we started going to Heritage just for shits and giggles.
somehow that doesn't strike me as odd for your character, that you would attend a church, not because you shared their beliefs or wanted to further your experience with religion or God; but instead because you wanted to mock and make fun of other's people's religious beliefs.

So can the attitude and go sit on a Palmetto.
If you're never going to write one thing nice to me, then why do you even bother posting at me? Do you just like to prove over and over how hateful you are? Just because you think that all homosexuals in Charlotte were gaga about Tammy Faye doesn't mean that's true. this thread is about crazy christians, and someone else brought up the Bakkers and PTL. I simply agreed, proving that not all "mo's" were so enamoured of the Bakkers as you would like to believe. I'm believe, like many of my friends, that many of her words and actions were as anti-homosexual as Anita Byrant's were during her crusade of hate that stopped in Charlotte in the late 70s.

I'm in Charlotte at least twice a year
oh lord! please let me know, so that I will be nowhere where I might run into the likes of you. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2010, 04:51:36 pm »
oh lord! please let me know, so that I will be nowhere where I might run into the likes of you

You're safe dear. I don't hang out at dirty bookstores or truck stop restrooms. :P

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2010, 05:23:26 pm »
You're safe dear. I don't hang out at dirty bookstores or truck stop restrooms. :P
blech! please don't call me dear. I threw up a little bit in my mouth just reading that. :D
well since I don't hang out at places like that either, we're still in a quandary of perhaps meeting some place respectable then. ::) I guess I'm willing to take the risk if you are.  :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2010, 05:28:59 pm »
That's not vomit dear, that's the residue from booth two.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2010, 01:07:43 am »
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2010, 03:40:27 am »
For Matty's benefit, keep in mind that the directors of Eyes of Tammy Faye (which I profess to never having seen myself) was directed by the same two gay guys that do RuPaul's Drag Race.  

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6aGqvkYcO8

Oh wow I just mentioned this doc in another thread. Its fab and didnt know it was related to RuPaul production. I have an .avi but not sure how to trade such a big file....

Oh PS - The speaker in tongues mentioned by the OP - I think I heard him say "I love Sonia Sotomayor" in his rant. 

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2010, 06:22:07 am »
OK, I couldn't resist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEeF_zbG-nU

;D

Mrs Bowers is ok. I prefer the good old fashioned preaching only my good friend Brother Harry Hardwick can deliver.

Click for glory!

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.