Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 08:54:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 134
Total: 135

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I'm Hating My Life Right Now  (Read 4066 times)

Offline NewPerspective

I'm Hating My Life Right Now
« on: August 13, 2013, 09:43:44 pm »
I tested pos almost three weeks ago and posted on this site earlier. Going through the motions of shock is draining. I was so deep in depression then I thought I got out of it last week. I had a new perspective and acceptance of my current situation seemed withing reach. Now, here I go - ALL OVER AGAIN. I'm feeling down and depressed. I drag my body to work b/c no work = no health insurance = no medical care = what's the point.

I can't take the ups and downs of dealing with this and am wondering when it will all end. When will I be at peace with this of all this. When can I just move forward. I hate this.

Offline life2

Re: I'm Hating My Life Right Now
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 10:20:23 pm »
Hi New,

I was diagnosed in Dec.  Your on a giant rollercoaster right now and you have no control over it.  Don't try.  Let yourself feel your emotions.  Cry if you need to.  Throw something (just not at somebody).

As other have said, it does get better with time.  We still have the dark hours but they tend to not be as dark nor as frequent.  Acknowledge that you are self aware enough to understand that your emotions can often times be spiral irrationally.  In these instances tell yourself that you're ok, your life isn't over, some things are just going to be different.  You can reinforce this by learning as much as you can about hiv.

Utilize local support groups and this community to vent when you need to.

Have you received the results of your lab work yet?  Viral load?  CD4 count?  CD4%?  Any coinfections?

Be well.

Offline NewPerspective

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 10:25:39 pm »
Thanks for the support Life. I get my results next week Mon. I'm nervous and scared. At times I think I'm strong enough to get on the roller coaster and at other times I just want OFF.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 10:35:05 pm »
Hey New, It's tough being newly diagnosed and having to deal with the range of emotions that come with it. Many of us have felt the same feelings that you are feeling right now. I wished I had something magical to say to make it all stop for you but I dont. But I can tell you that it absolutely gets better, not worse. You will be just fine, promise. It will just take a bit to come to grips with it. Some people get there sooner than others, but in the meantime try to relax in any way you can, you have to carry on with your day to day life and don't let this virus get the best of you.

You are strong enough to do this  ;)

-Will
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 10:37:18 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 10:57:16 pm »
I don't know how you feel about this but I'm putting it out there.

1) you could consider an SSRI to level out the roller coaster.

2) if you aren't sleeping well, consider sleeping pills.

3) try to remember to be thankful for your job. Anything to keep your mind off the rolling thoughts.  In better times, do you like your job?  Jobs do what you said - pay the bills,  and in the us - provide the health insurance.  But they do a lot of other things.
Besides occupying your mind, working is a good reminder that you are same person.  Just got a bad blow but otherwise you're going to make the same contributions and people are going to value you the same way as before.

You have had NO labs yet at all?? Just a diagnosis.  That's pretty nerve wracking!  I'm sorry to hear that.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline cicero

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 09:54:34 pm »
Hi New, I'm about a week or so in on my diagnosis and I'm having ranging emotions as well.  Still kind of in something not quite like shock, more like stunned confusion.  I've found this forum helpful as well as being lucky to have a few good friends I can confide in and talk to.  If you're feeling physically well, I've found it helps to get out a little bit. I've also found when I get off work (I hear you about having to drag in and focus on the day with these HIV thoughts looming and distracting), spending the evenings with a friend who is glad to have me. Not being alone too much.  I don't have much more advice but I wish you the best.  Quite a shitty situation we've found ourselves in, yes, but I am confident it will continue to get better, even with those emotional ups and downs. 
"How could this happen to lovely me?" -Jacqueline Susann

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.