Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:15:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 198
Total: 199

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Need info about Milltary arm patches  (Read 2727 times)

Offline purpledragonfly

Need info about Milltary arm patches
« on: July 12, 2009, 04:16:33 pm »
Hi everyone, i haven't been on lately cause of no internet have it now. So i thought i would come in and see if any of you that have served in the millitary or have friends or family that did could help me.
I am looking for pics and any info anyone can give me on the different arm patches that are on the uniform. My ex was in for 23 yrs in both the navy and coast guard. I am wanting info on a patch he had that my sons and i can't find info on. It is a fist holding a lighting bolt. Can anyone give me any info or let me know where i can find info and a pic on it.
I have been told somethings that i need to get varified. If it is true i guess i really didn't know my ex at all!!!!!!!
Please if anyone has info please let me know.

Thanks and love, Wendy

Offline hivsweden

Re: Need info about Milltary arm patches
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 04:42:18 pm »
Hi Purpledragon.

My best google bet is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VFA-25. Otherwise try calling some militariashop which sells patches. The guys that work in such places probably could list every patch ever made with a fist and a bolt of lightning.

I hope this helps.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 08:13:37 am by hivsweden »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 05:54:40 pm »

There are several different kinds.

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 06:48:09 pm »
It represents the U.S. Naval Aviation Squadron VFA-25 which includes VT-17, VA-6B, VA-65, and VA-25.

The Fist Of The Fleet!  There is a website dedicated to past & present members.  Naturally it's called:

http://www.fistofthefleet.org/

AA

It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline purpledragonfly

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 04:36:50 pm »
Thanks everyone for your info. I will check the sites out in a few. The patches you showed me are not quite the right design. I think it was a army color green and black or brown, I can't remember it has been a long time since i have seen it.
Again thank you guys for taking the time and replying. Have to go will pop in again soon.
Love, Wendy

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.