Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:33:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37639
  • Latest: Glassxj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773168
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 243
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 218
Total: 218

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Former president Carter's daughter  (Read 2269 times)

Offline DANIELtakashi

Former president Carter's daughter
« on: June 25, 2016, 08:56:12 am »
Can anyone help me, people in the US ?

What has become of Jimmy Carter's daughter Amy lately?
Today one person asked me that question.  Jimmy Carter came to Japan as president to attend the first Tokyo summit in 1979 and then brought his wife and Amy with him. They visited Shimoda, where the  Edo government had put Japan's first US consulate.   Townsend Harris came to serve there.
The guy who asked me the question today is from that city and as a kid, he saw Rosalynn and Amy challenge the tea ceremony at a Buddhist temple near his house. 

Thanks in advance.
Japanese National.
Language:  Japanese and English

Offline zach

Re: Former president Carter's daughter
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 09:17:29 am »
she's married, kids, lives in atlanta, on the board of the carter center and does advocacy work for a number of human rights causes

another member of the carter family, jason carter (jack's son), ran for governor here in georgia last election... i voted for him, and would again in a heartbeat... but he lost out to nathan deal

Offline DANIELtakashi

Re: Former president Carter's daughter
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 09:24:08 am »
Thank you, Zach.
Now l am sending this info to the guy.

On the tatami mats,  Mrs. Carter stayed patiently sitting properly until the end but Amy couldn't  stay still, stretched her legs, and then crossed them in front.  That brought the audience to laughter because nobody had expected that.
Japanese National.

Offline DANIELtakashi

TGIF restaurant in TOKYO
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 09:52:10 am »
My favorite place.  I was waiting for a friend this afternoon.
Next to my table was an African-American family,  grandma, a young couple, and a boy of around age ten.  I noticed they had an east-coast accent.  I asked them where they came from.   New Jersey.  I told them that l had been to Newark, Patterson, Pennsauken, and Hoboken.  Wow, their faces turned bright with most beautiful smiles.   Grandma said that l was the first local person that had talked to them since arriving here three days ago.   We shook hands with each other when parting.
Languages enable us human beings to share feelings.
Japanese National.

Offline DANIELtakashi

INDEPENDENCE DAY greetings to the members in the USA
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 08:14:32 am »
We are ahead in time in Asia and JULY 4th will be startingin a few hours.
Special greetings to those in the USA.
The other day l checked my records - l have entered the USA 98 times including my trips to GUAM and SAIPAN.

Wish you all the best.
Japanese National.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.