Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:29:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 372
Total: 372

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hottest summer on record  (Read 18416 times)

Offline wolfter

Hottest summer on record
« on: August 03, 2011, 10:16:52 pm »
We had a discussion not long ago about using air conditioning and turning it on and off.  Even though we've had the hottest summer on record here in the midwest, we rec'd an electric bill that was almost $25 cheaper than last year.  My mother has been traveling a lot this summer and I've the air at a comfortable 68 degrees non-stop. 

When she's here, we argue over the thermostat and turning it on and off constantly.  From June 20th to July 19th, the total bill is only $89.62 and for the same period last year it was $115.58
Not enough to state it as fact, but I still believe it's best to keep it at a constant temperature.

Now I just hope she does spend most of the winter in Florida as I can't tolerate it being a constant 85 degrees in addition to the fire place going.  I sweat just watching her wrapped up in a blanket in front of the fire with the furnace blasting.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
Re: Hottest summer on record
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 05:57:35 pm »

I took that about 2 hours ago.

I dont think this is the hottest summer on record for Texas, but it's probably close. Dallas has gone 33 days in a row with temps 100+. San Antonio I believe has gone 12 days in a row.

Right now:
Dallas - 108 (going to 111)
Austin - 103 (going to 107)
Waco - 106 (going to 108)
San Antonio - 103 (going to 106)

All these cities will be 100+ over the next 5 days or so.

Texas was just put under a Level 2 Electrical Emergency which means we have to conserve, power is already being cut to some businesses. It's possible we could hit Level 3 emergency later today in which homes would be added to the rolling blackouts.

There are scrolls on our stations advising "Excessive Heat Warnings - risk of heat related illness or death is high"  :-\

It's hot  8)
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 01:55:52 am »
Last summer was much, much worse for us than this summer (actually the worst since records have been kept). Yes, we had that nasty recent heatwave up here, but it was only three bad days in a row. Our 2 week long range forecast on accuweather.com doesn't have us a single day going above 89F. There's even a night time low of 60F in there, very unusual for the first half of August. We even had a substantial amount of rain the other day.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline californiablonde

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 05:47:01 pm »
You're lucky. I love the heat and so far the highest temp we've had in OC California is 82 degrees. It's in the low seventies right now. Too cold for me. Last summer was worse. It was in the sixties most of the time. For me, the hotter the better.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 07:01:27 pm »
We suddenly got a great relief from the heat and I am so grateful.  I've had the air off for 2 days with the windows open and have accomplished so many outside chores that I thought I'd have to put off til Fall.  We're supposed to continue with this pattern and I so, so happy. 

I really don't mind the heat as much as I do the sweating.  Showering and changing several times a day gets old.

Offline californiablonde

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 10:52:17 pm »
You're right the sweating part does suck although I have really good air conditioning. I don't have any yard work to be done because we have an apt.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 08:38:58 am »
but I still believe it's best to keep it at a constant temperature.

In my experience, that's right. While I don't have experience (recent, anyway) with having to cool a house in summer, I sure have a lot of experience with heating. For example, I went without central heating for about sixteen years, so when I moved into the house I'm in now, with central heating, I was cautious the first winter. I kept turning it off at night and off and on during the day. Then the next winter I was fed up with the house being cold at night and left the thermostat at a constant 65F. My heating bill was lower the second year, despite higher fuel costs and comparable weather. Go figure.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 09:23:25 am »
  My mother has been traveling a lot this summer and I've the air at a comfortable 68 degrees non-stop. 

68 degrees ?!!!   :o :o  wow that's pretty cool.  Here in Florida, we keep ours set at 78, all during the AC season.  I would be chillin at 68   :) Our last electric bill, for the month of July, was $101.00

August may be up a little.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 09:24:08 am »
Then the next winter I was fed up with the house being cold at night and left the thermostat at a constant 65F. My heating bill was lower the second year, despite higher fuel costs and comparable weather. Go figure.

65F = 18,3C  brrrr.....that's cold....are you a Polar bear ? You must be walking around the house 24/7 with pointers ;-)))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:28:04 am by Grasshopper »

Offline weasel

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 02:59:03 pm »

I play with my    thermometer all day long !

We keep  the cooler on 66 at night !

During the day it ranges from  68 to 74  depending on my   BOD   :o

Last bill   July ,  was   $  142

During the winter  Bob keeps the wood stove burning  , It gets chilly  at night

That is fine for cuddling  :-*

I love summer heat  as long as a have my little pool of water  :)

Weasel
" Live and let Live "

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 06:57:00 am »
65F = 18,3C  brrrr.....that's cold....are you a Polar bear ? You must be walking around the house 24/7 with pointers ;-)))

It's not cold when you're used to it. Keep in mind that I went without central heating for around sixteen years (from moving to the Rock in '91 until I moved into the house I live in now in '07.) I'd have one room that was tolerable but the rest of the flat was unheated. The worst of that was sitting down on a freezing cold toilet seat. ::o

Even though I've been living in a part of the world that thinks in Celsius for twenty years, I still think in Fahrenheit. Anything over 68 degrees feels tropical to me now and I couldn't imagine keeping the temperature in my house at 72. I'd sweat away into a puddle. We only get a handful of days on the Rock where the temperature goes into the 70s. You get used to it.

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 07:09:44 am »
We have yet to hit 100 here at our place in SC this summer.  The humidity of course is brutal but hey... its good for the skin. 

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 07:15:51 am »
Do you have one of these or a comparable model ? :

http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-RTH7500D-Conventional-Programmable-Thermostat/dp/B000EW80Q0/ref=sr_1_6?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1313319639&sr=1-6

Helps you save energy. You can program it to slowly increase the room temperature between certain times of the day in a much more efficient way than manually increase the temperature at once.
We used to have one in our previous home. In this house house we are on a combination of solar and ground-source heat pumps. And instead of radiators we have floor heating on all three floors. Indoor temperature in winter is a comfy 22C, but because of the floorheating you never get drafts or feel suffocated.
In summer the solar system is switched off the floor heating, and only the cooler ground water circulating through the system and cooling teh house.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 07:51:35 am »
Do you have one of these or a comparable model ? :

Sorta. My central heating system is programmable, but it's never worked correctly since I've been in this house. (please keep in mind I live in a council house) At first I thought it was me not doing it correctly, but when the council's plumber came to look at it, he also said it (the timer portion) was faulty. It's not going to be fixed until late this year when my house is being completely renovated. (I have to move out for a couple months while it's being done)

I don't have to worry about cooling the house in the summer, although I was tempted to put the heating on one day last week when the temperature in the kitchen was only 62. I braved it out with a hoodie and the next day the house-temp was back up to 68. We must be having a heat wave today - it's 69 in the house.

I'm hoping they move the thermostat - it's right next to the front door instead of being on an inside wall in the living room. How stupid is that? Every time I open my front door, it kicks on the heating, whether it's really needed or not. They're re-wiring the house, so I'm hoping they can fix this too. I don't get it - the same outside contractor did all the central heating on my estate (these houses used to have coal fires in the living rooms that fired a primitive central heating system - it's oil now) and in most of the houses they put the thermostat where you would expect it to be, but in my house and a few others, the thermostats were put next to the door, in a hallway that's closed off from the rest of the house by a door.

Oooooo..... that's another ....

When they changed these houses over to oil from coal, they closed off the fireplaces, but didn't drop or cap the chimneys. My chimney breast in the living room has great big damp patches as a result. Several places have had to have their chimneys dropped on a case-by-case basis, but this is something else that for me, has to wait until the renovation this winter. The resulting damp from the unused chimney is even worse in my bedroom, which is directly above the living room and also has the chimney breast. At least it's still not as damp as the last place I lived, despite that being over a library and this place being over a swamp. Yes, a swamp. There's ponds beneath all these houses on this estate, with nothing between us and the water but about three feet of fetid air and plywood.

This estate was built in the '60s and I doubt they'd get planning permission these days without a underground drainage system in place. There's between around eighteen inches to three feet of topsoil on top of a hard clay pan - and that's why all the houses sit on water. In the winter when we get lots of rain, houses such as the ones in the row where I live have their front lawns under a few inches of water. I should post photos of my estate one day. People in the States would be surprised at the layout.

But yeah, to get back on topic.... we're just having a typical summer here. Maybe not quite as much rain as usual, but pretty typical all the same, with the temperatures normally around 65 - 68 or so, with occasional forays into the low 70s.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline wolfter

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 08:00:54 am »
I would never recommend a programable thermostat.  We had one go bad several years ago and we came home to a house that the furnace was obviously running non-stop.  Shortly after that, I had an aunt and uncle that the same thing happened to.  Maybe the technology is better, but Bill was always first to try that kinda stuff.  We had a theatre system that I didn't know how to operate.  That's a little off topic, oh well.  Electronics in general aren't my friends. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 08:09:08 am »
I would never recommend a programable thermostat.

According to Lenny the Plumber, I just got a lemon. All the other houses on this estate with the same system haven't had any problems with the programmable bit. Just me (typical!). These systems were installed about eight or nine years ago. The people who lived here before me never even tried to use the programmable bit; they were elderly and didn't even know how to programme a VCR, much less a seven-day heating program. They just used the thermostat like I do. Although thinking about it, they might have tried but gave up when it didn't work thinking (like I did) that they just weren't doing it right, but never asked the council to look into it.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 11:02:11 am »
It's not cold when you're used to it. Keep in mind that I went without central heating for around sixteen years (from moving to the Rock in '91 until I moved into the house I live in now in '07.) I'd have one room that was tolerable but the rest of the flat was unheated. The worst of that was sitting down on a freezing cold toilet seat. ::o

Even though I've been living in a part of the world that thinks in Celsius for twenty years, I still think in Fahrenheit. Anything over 68 degrees feels tropical to me now and I couldn't imagine keeping the temperature in my house at 72. I'd sweat away into a puddle. We only get a handful of days on the Rock where the temperature goes into the 70s. You get used to it.

meh, it's not just you it's everyone in the UK -- they never heat their houses adequately. But folks should keep in mind fuel costs are much higher than in the US.

Offline randym431

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 11:37:57 am »
Actually it's quite typical i.e. the heat, from what I remember as a kid in the midwest area (speaking of).
I remember it so hot and humid, that the local news guy would go out on the hot sidewalk and try to cook an egg.
That was back in the 1960's.
This Summer has been more to what I remember as a kid.
Back to very hot, long term. Very humid. Rainy June and bone dry July.
Finally!!!!!   ;D
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2011, 11:44:29 am »
meh, it's not just you it's everyone in the UK -- they never heat their houses adequately. But folks should keep in mind fuel costs are much higher than in the US.

We are getting better at it - particularly in regards to insulation. As for fuel costs, they're astronomical compared to the US. It's even more expensive on the Rock as compared to the UK mainland because everything has to be shipped in, natural gas, fuel oil and coal (although most people have done away with coal fires in the past ten years or so).

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2011, 04:18:48 pm »
July 2011 was Philadelphia's hottest month on record
August 2011 was Philadelphia's wettest month on record, beating 13.07" from 1999 (and we still have 11 days left to go)
February 2010 was Philadelphia's snowiest month on record

"official" weather data for here dates back to 1872, meaning data reliable enough for the National Weather Service to compare current data to, even if Ben Franklin was recording weather data here in the mid-1700's.

Methinks there's just a tad of climate change afoot...

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2011, 03:22:28 pm »
Winter is why we have cashmere.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 04:29:31 pm »
It's 101 at mi casa, for like the 49th day in a row  :-[. Guess I'll make a Mint Julep, put my Daisy Dukes on and go sit on the porch and whistle at the boys.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 04:43:29 pm »
It's raining here again, 75℉ and lots of thunder.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 05:19:49 pm »
I  am back in London since Wens and I miss the Orkney 65-75 clean air , 6 weeks with only 6 days off cold wind and rain , one day was so warm that I went in the sea which was a huge mistake. The last time I had such pain was from a sqash ball connecting with my left ball, both occasions the ability to breath went.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2011, 09:16:45 am »
It's raining here again, 75℉ and lots of thunder.

I so miss thunder and lightening storms. They're rare on the Rock. The last time I was in the middle of a good T&L storm I was about ten miles off-shore in the North Sea. We were trawling around a wreck and the Decca system kept going haywire, due to the electrical disturbance. Wrecks have a way of sucking you in - but I got a gold star that night and kept us clear. (I was in the wheelhouse, everyone else was down below, sound asleep in their bunks.)

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2011, 11:06:26 am »
We had a really good one the other day where about 90% of the lightening was horizontal and just lingered over the city for hours.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2011, 11:12:26 am »
I love those type of storms.  Sitting in the family room with a cup of coffee while it is thundering and lightning outside is rather peaceful.   We have them practically on a daily basis down here, so it's part of the landscape. 

Now, stupid hurricanes annoy the hell out of me (if only cause I have to put up a gazillion window shutters; I wasn't made for this sort of hand blistering, sweat inducing labor).
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2011, 11:21:22 am »

Now, stupid hurricanes annoy the hell out of me (if only cause I have to put up a gazillion window shutters; I wasn't made for this sort of hand blistering, sweat inducing labor).

I'm ready to bet money that, at most, all you will see is Irene going up the FL coast but not landing. It will hit the SC/NC border. Every update it tracks further east.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2011, 11:25:32 am »
I'm ready to bet money that, at most, all you will see is Irene going up the FL coast but not landing. It will hit the SC/NC border. Every update it tracks further east.

Troo dis.  Once it makes to Cuba we'll have a better idea of where it may be landing.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2011, 11:29:55 am »
... from ma secret source

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2011, 11:35:25 am »
Oh yeah.  The Carolinas betta watch out.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2011, 05:54:13 pm »
Oh man, what we wouldn't do for a nice hurricane to grace our shores here in Gods Country. You Hillbillies on the east coast don't even need that rain...Hurricane hoggers.

:(

-Parched Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2011, 06:09:07 pm »
Oh man, what we wouldn't do for a nice hurricane to grace our shores here in Gods Country. You Hillbillies on the east coast don't even need that rain...Hurricane hoggers.

:(

-Parched Will

I was actually saying the very same thing yesterday.  Perhaps not a hurricane, but a nice system to bring you a decent amount of water.  Things don't work that way however.  Oh well.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2011, 07:41:57 pm »
I was actually saying the very same thing yesterday.  Perhaps not a hurricane, but a nice system to bring you a decent amount of water.  Things don't work that way however.  Oh well.

So sweet thinking bout us Texans  ;D
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline buginme2

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2011, 07:44:22 pm »
I thought your governor alreadt prayed for rain. What that didn't work?
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2011, 07:46:07 pm »
I thought your governor alreadt prayed for rain. What that didn't work?

No, after hearing from that heathen Perry the Lord is smiting us now. I expect Locusts any day now.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2011, 07:48:35 pm »
So sweet thinking bout us Texans  ;D

Just you, Wilhelmina.  Though I won't deny I really like Austen (and San Antonio to some extent).  Now, Dallas and Houston, yikes!

Offline buginme2

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2011, 07:49:46 pm »
Hahaha  and tumbleweeds
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2011, 07:55:06 pm »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2011, 07:56:46 pm »
NHC: Irene is now a Category 2 with 100mph winds

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2011, 08:02:49 pm »
NHC: Irene is now a Category 2 with 100mph winds

One of the spaghetti thingies has it hitting NY, but I think the water is too cold up there to sustain any kind of intensity
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2011, 08:11:38 pm »
One of the spaghetti thingies has it hitting NY, but I think the water is too cold up there to sustain any kind of intensity

It's rare, but it can happen:

Category 3:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1938_New_England_hurricane

and lesser strength ones: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_York_hurricanes

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2011, 08:20:42 pm »
It's rare, but it can happen:

With things being so weird weatherwise lately it would not surprise me.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2011, 08:38:57 pm »
With things being so weird weatherwise lately it would not surprise me.

But I thought you republicans didn't believe in "the myth of global warming"?  :-*

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2011, 08:44:45 pm »
But I thought you republicans didn't believe in "the myth of global warming"?  :-*

Yeah speaking of Global Warming...

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2011, 08:49:22 pm »
Hmmpff...Those godawful boots are so not very.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2011, 01:40:26 am »
Hey Willy, I got to spend 8 hours in Dallas today (not by choice).  I decided to go sneak a smoke and as soon as those doors opened, I about passed out from that heat.  It was crazy!  I like Texas guys, not their weather.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2011, 09:48:56 am »
After watching Most Eligible Dallas for the past two weeks I'd not be so sure of that...

ps: omg it's headed right for me

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:16:00 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2011, 03:50:43 pm »
Geez it is bee-lining for NY

Meanwhile in Texas... (barnburner this sat)

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Basquo

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2011, 04:35:27 pm »
We'll be on our way back to Texas in a few minutes and we're not looking forward to the heat after a week of nice mild weather. Fortunately we're arriving late tonight so  we'll have a chance to acclimate before hitting the century mark tomorrow.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.