Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:00:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773155
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 189
Total: 189

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Anyone on Delstrigo?  (Read 11011 times)

Offline Dundeelad

Anyone on Delstrigo?
« on: May 27, 2021, 03:16:23 pm »
Currently looking to switch from Genvoya due to Anxiety/Fatigue

Cant find any reviews from anyone really online on Delstrigo but is one I'm interested in asking my clinic about.

Just wondered if anyone here is on that and what your experience has been like?

Diagnosed Feb 2013 CD4 460 VL 34000
Then CD4 has went to 480, 470, 360, 470, 690 all prior to treatment.
Latest VL 42000

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Anyone on Delstrigo?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 03:30:33 pm »
Hiya.

Just curious why Delstrigo?

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Dundeelad

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 03:52:59 pm »
Was mentioned to me by a guy on another site.

Seems like one of the newer ones?  Only found one other persons comments about it and they seem to like it.

So just looking for anyone on here who might be on it or any general thoughts on it as an option?
Latest VL 42000

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 01:53:27 pm »
Delstrigo is a pretty new combo, I only know one forum member who is taking this so I don't think you will get many replies.

Although some of the ingredients are not new and I am sure in time there will be bad and good experiences just like any meds.
Genvoya is Elvitegravir + Cobicistat + Tenofovir alafenamide (TAF) + Emtricitabine
Delstrigo is Doravirine + Lamivudine (3TC) + tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF)

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/taf-versus-tdf-difference

There is some clinical trial information Delstrigo that may be useful? Was compared to a different combo though.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30184165/

Clin Infect Dis . 2019 Feb 1;68(4):535-544. doi: 10.1093/cid/ciy540.

Personally, if it was me I would avoid TAF or TDF altogether as it does not work for me. That said, plenty of people take these drugs or combo's with these drugs and it works like for them.

Have you given any thoughts on other combo's and have you asked the clinic for their suggestions?

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 01:55:53 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Dundeelad

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 02:54:46 pm »
Hey,

Thanks for your reply.

That’s kind of why I’m trying to do some reading about just now as clinic will be phoning me in a week to discuss options.  Just feel like I’ll get more honest feedback from folk that take these tablets.

Any recommendations are welcome! As I say, anxiety/fatigue are my main issues, and with that comes dizziness and not feeling quite with it, but these things could all be interlinked.

I should also add that I don’t know for sure it’s even my meds causing this but I feel it is worth a try switching to see if it does help.

Latest VL 42000

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 04:30:59 pm »
Well, I wish you the best of luck.

There is the drugs chart, might be worth giving that a quick check for inspiration: https://www.poz.com/drug_charts/hiv-drug-chart  It will also depend on your medical needs, availability, HIV resistance profile etc

Dovato (dolutegravir + lamivudine) & Juluca (dolutegravir + rilpivirine) seem to be somewhat popular, Although DTG would not agree with everyone. Insomnia and it can worsen pre-existing issues like depression.

Personally, I love DTG, works just fine for me.

Just feel like I’ll get more honest feedback from folk that take these tablets.

That's grand, just keep in mind to take feedback with a grain of salt. Every med has good and bad experiences.

Ill send you a PM with the other members name who was taking Delstrigo
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline MahmoudK

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 01:04:43 pm »
Hey there,

I'm on Delstrigo. I've been on it for around 2 months now and I have zero side-effects.

I switched from Biktarvy because of the weight gain due to TAF.

Offline TGun

• Happy to be alive
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2021, 07:29:59 am »
Intereseted,, been on genvoya and biktrarvy since 2017,, gained quite a bit also (20 lbs, and high cholesterol)   ill be watching this thread.

Offline Planetary86

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2021, 02:35:43 pm »
Hi,

I am also on Delstrigo, switched from Triumeq due to depression to Biktarvy, switched from Biktarvy due to weight gain.

Apart from feeling a little itchy skinned (entirely tolerable) I have zero side-effects from Delstrigo.

I was concerned about going to TDF after being on TAF but actually after a chat with my consultant and pharmacist they dispelled any concerns regarding TDF being a older more toxic drug.... for the time being at least while I'm healthy enough to tolerate the TDF.

Was unclear if the integrate inhibitors in Biktarvy and Triumeq were the culprits for the side effects (most likely doluteravir for depression and bictegravir and TAF for weight gain).

Delstrigo is new on the formulary in the UK but so far so good. Finally able to lose weight via gym and diet (I was still putting on weight despite regular gym going and good diet). I feel less bloated and less depressed on Delstrigo.

I haven't had any bloods done yet, however, so hopefully it's kinder on my kidneys and liver and I can continue on it.

Hope all goes well.

Offline Dundeelad

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2021, 12:41:53 pm »
That’s great to hear, I think I’m going to ask for it when they call me.

It was genvoya In on currently.

Did you have any problems with fatigue at all on your old regime and have you had any problems with it on delstrigo?

Thanks ❤️
Latest VL 42000

Offline Planetary86

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2021, 02:09:40 pm »
It's hard to say. Personally, I work shifts and suffer with chronic depression which all cause a level of perceived fatigue.

In retrospect I felt a lot more fatigued taking the Triumeq and less so the Biktarvy. Insomnia was a big factor while taking these but also is multifactorial itself.

However, doing things to eliminate chronic fatigue may have helped e.g. regular exercise and eating healthier. Also reducing the amount of unsocial shifts that I do at work.

Taking Delstrigo and better habits have all helped. I feel less fatigued overall.

Offline Dundeelad

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2021, 01:06:00 pm »
Clinic called. Start delstrigo on Wednesday! #prayingforsmoothjourney
Latest VL 42000

Offline Loa111

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2021, 02:31:23 pm »
Clinic called. Start delstrigo on Wednesday! #prayingforsmoothjourney

Hi DundeeLad, how is the Delatrigo going for you now you’ve a few months of it under your belt?

Did you loose any weight gained from previous meds?

Curious about the Delstrigo as I’m getting a bit annoyed at my weight gain mainly belly fat from Tivicay + Descovy combo. I’m fit, a consistent gym goer & eat quite clean.

Offline Planetary86

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2021, 06:39:07 pm »
Hi there. I am also on Delstrigo

I was initially on triumeq and switched to biktarvy due to increased depression. I was only on biktarvy a short time before switching to delstrigo due to rapid weight gain and high lipid profile.

I have had zero side effects from delstrigo. Lipid profile and depression are multi factorial and I also have a heart condition which complicates things but my pharmacist is great and I’m grateful for being able to try these meds as they come out. Newer doesn’t always mean better and different people will have different experiences. I was concerned about switching from TAF to TDF but I have no concerns now. TDF for now is a lot better than TAF.

Unless my bloods are way out at my next appointment (it’s been a year due to covid) then I’m more than happy with delstrigo.

I hope you’re well with it and having a good experience. Obviously getting the right meds will mean better adherence and better control over the virus.

Offline Jeremy82

• You live, you learn.
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2022, 02:35:22 pm »
Hi there,

just took my first pill of Delstrigo today, switched from Genvoya.
No relevant side effect on my first day, I hope things will go this way forever.

What about you guys? Any significant change in the medium/long term?

I was feeling like I'm the only guy in the world to take this new med lol Never heard about it before.

Lab test coming in a month for me.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.