Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:49:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 275
Total: 276

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Hello, this is my long sad story... but I need advice  (Read 4405 times)

Offline getting_my_act_together

Hello, this is my long sad story... but I need advice
« on: November 16, 2006, 01:28:18 pm »
I am a 29 year old ex-prostitute in Raleigh North carolina, I have been a sex worker for over 7 years and came across all sorts of things... from beatings, to customers who wouldnt pay etc.

After all the suffering I decided to put an end to it and decided to join the armed forces.... now I was at meps (where they process the military) last night and to my surprise I was accepted into the Army....

What has me a nervous wreck is that the army ignored my history on the streets, also they tested for HIV last night and the results aren't back yet, they'll be here soon. if I come positive they'll kick me out which freaks me out completely... I dont wanna be back on the streets.

My story of sexual encounters have been far too many... I have HPV and had ghonorrea.... already cured.

After I tested positive for ghonorrea and HPV I got tested for HIV and it came back negative, this happened in January this year, however after january i was still working the streets and had sex with over 30 men..... ALL OF THEM wore condoms and not one single time the condom broke.

the only exposure I had with them is that I sucked them off, at least 4 of them without a condom.... they didnt cum in my mouth but I felt their pre-cum in my mouth on some occasions... I also bite my nails so sometimes the skin around my nails bleeds .... but not necesarily like all the time. (this could be a way to get infected if I get exposed to their precum?)

since last week I have been feeling sort of light headed and my throat just doesnt feel right, I have a swollen gland on the left side of my neck, but no vomiting or rashes, or diarreah or fever....

on some sites i read that oral sex is really dangerous, on others I read is ok but I just need like an experienced person to tell me exactly what risk I have, not just some stupid website.

what comforts me is that despite being on the streets for so long, I never really got anything, like my last hiv test in january showed and that since my last test, the only exposure i had to the virus was giving blow jobs to about 4 to 6 men.

I just need some advice

thanks for your time

Ivonne

Re: Hello, this is my long sad story... but I need advice
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 01:30:49 pm »
 ??? can i get infected by giving blow jobs to like 6 men?  :'(

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 03:44:07 pm »
Ivonne, condoms provide very effective protection against HIV so I think you're ok with regard to intercourse you had.

Giving oral is at the very low end of the risk scale and especially so if ejaculation doesn't take place orally. There is very little documented evidence of transmission orally and much more evidence that it is not a risk. Longterm studies of sero-dystonic couples in which there was lots of protecte intercourse and unprotected oral resulted in none of the HIV negative partners having been infected.

So from what you have described I expect you will test negative.

Good luck with your test result.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 09:46:42 pm »
 :) thank you so much andy velez

I am feeling better about my lymph node that was swollen and my throat stopped sort of having that burning sensation

I wonder if it was just some sort of cold.......

I also feel better to know that despite all of the exposure to all sorts of viruses i've had, my only concern at this point would be catching hiv from giving like 4 or 5 blow jobs.... which like u claim is almost a very small posibility that would really have to make me concern

I am devastated
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 06:52:50 am »
 :'( :'(

Yesterday I went to a nightclub (I live in belgium), met a nice french guy, we had a lot of chemistry going on and we ended up going to bed!!

the problem is I topped him bareback!! and I never do that!!! Now I am horrified, he claimed he is negative and we traded numbers and all, the problem is he didnt seem to mind much that I barebacked him as much as he should, which probably means he doesnt mind.

I now of PEP or however u call it, the problem is I dont know where to get it!

I am so nervous and need some advice

I am uncut, and I toped him without a condom for a while and when I got home I put rubbing alcohol around my foreskin to see if I had any little cuts but no apparent burning or anything.

I really wanna call him and ask him, I am horrified.

I heard average seroconvertion is 22 days... so does it mean that my odds of being positive or negative will be very accurate if testing after 22 days?

taking into consideration I am a very healthy non-smoker, non-drinker type of person who works out a lot, so I dont thnink I would be one of those special cases if I was to seroconvert late!!

I just need some guidance, please help me.

Re: I am devastated
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 06:54:24 am »
I've been here before.... but my last post was about oral sex.

PLEASE people out there don't let the heat of the moment do this to you too.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 07:41:32 am »
Keep all your questions and thoughts in your ORGINAL thread. DO NOT post in any other forum than "Am I Infected." Stay out of "I just tested POZ" forum. Read the "Welcome" thread and follow the posting guidelines.

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 08:58:39 am »
oh I apologize for posting in the I just teste poz forum, sorry.

Can you please help me with my question? how good of an indicator would an HIV test be after 22 days, since I read here that most people will seroconvert by 22 days?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 09:28:09 am »
Please keep all of your entries in the same thread. I've merged your previous thread here, which I must say I find confusing in relating it to your present one.

To answer you immediate question, 22 days is way too early to get a reliable result. 22 is the "average" time to seroconversion. All but the smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6week after an exposure to the HIV virus. If you get a negative at 6 weeks the likelihood is that you will continue to test negative. 
12-13 weeks is the point at which testing negative can be considered to be definitive.

As the insertive partner you are somewhat less risk than the receptive partner. But lower risk is not the same as no risk. So you need to learn from this experience. You're responsible for your own health. You can have all the sex you want with as many partners as you like. But you need to do it the safer way which means the insertive partner always, ALWAYS has to be wearing a condom. They provide very effective protection. 

Lastly and by no means least, you absolutely must stay out of any of the HIV+ Forums. You are until proven otherwise HIV negative, (and hopefully will remain so). Stop letting your anxiety run away with you. It's a serious breach of the rules of this site for you to intrude into the HIV+ section. Thanks for your cooperation.

Good luck with your test results.   
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 09:40:08 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.