Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:41:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 231
Total: 233

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Trying to be strong when all i want to do is cry.  (Read 22318 times)

Offline Paulette

Trying to be strong when all i want to do is cry.
« on: January 07, 2008, 10:47:56 pm »
My husband went to the ER on the 23rd of Dec. and was Dx: with IBS Irritable Bowel Syndrome and was giving bentyl and sent home ; he then followed up with his PCP  whom  was on vacation and sent him to another doctor and both Doctors said it was IBS and they kept him on bentyl and it has caused his liver to shut down and he has been in the hospital and  now has been DX: with liver failure; which really sucks, I've prayed about this and put it in God's Hands but this is just to weird . for i always thought i would die first and now being faced with just the opposite i don't know how to react, I became at peace with my death but the death of my husband, I'm not at peace with this. It's actually quite disturbing . i love my husband and i know that everything happens for a reason. i just don't understand why two doctors whom were told that he had hepC and took treatment and his VL has been undetectable for two years put him on meds that wasn't liver safe they were told about his liver and never once did they check it until i took him back to the ER and demanded that some one do something but now maybe a little too late.  I cried for about a good hour today and pulled my self together and went back in and sat with my husband, I'm so tired and i can't sleep, i haven't slept alone in yrs, my sister is coming over to sleep in the bed just so i can get some sleep. i got three beautiful girls whom i have to get off to school and then go back to the hospital again and do it all over again tomorrow.  Our Pastor came by the hospital and prayed with me, and it made me feel better. I wish i knew what tomorrow holds, i know I'm rambling, but thank-god for the xanax.  I'm trying to be strong for my family, my husband. Just say a little prayer for my husband.
thanks for being here for me to vent.
Paulette
I have HIV; it doesn't me;)

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
Re: Trying to be strong when all i want to do is cry.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 11:17:27 pm »
I will keep you, your husband, and your girls in my prayers.  Please keep us updated on his condition.  If you can, will you PM me his name so that I can pray for him by name.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 12:17:25 am »
I will definitely be praying for you and your family....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 12:29:24 am »
Hi Paulette,

I'm so sorry to learn this. Thank you for sharing this with us and allowing us to ask for healing and comfort for him, strength for you, and understanding for your girls.

Em

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 08:10:10 am »
Paulette, I am so sorry to hear this.  I will definitely keep you, your husband and your girls in my thoughts and prayers.  Hang in there.  We're here for you.
Peace-
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Lostgirl

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 04:40:37 pm »
Paulette - You and your family are in my thoughts every day. 

Lorraine x
Lostgirl

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 04:57:56 pm »
Dear Paulette

A Prayer coming from NZ..may it gather strenght as it makes the long journey to you and your family.

Hugs to you and your husband
Jan :'(
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 05:40:16 pm »
Paulette

I prayed for you, your husband, and children to have the strength to get through this.  Please take care of your self you cannot afford to get sick yourself.  Please let us know if we can do anything.

thinking of you

Sunseeker

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 05:50:27 pm »
Dear Paulette

My thoughts and prayers are with your husband & you & your family. Praying for your husband's health and your strength.
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 07:19:24 am »
Paulette, so sorry to read  of this. I will be praying for you, your husband and your family. Cristy

Offline Blessed1974

• Time waits for no one so don't dream life live it!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 02:04:22 pm »
Paulette,

I'll keep you and yours in my prayers as well!!

Offline srmn98

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 04:16:44 pm »
Hi Paulette,

Just want you to know I'm thinking about you and your family ...

Sara

tendai

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 05:36:54 am »
Paulette
sorry you're goin through this. i'll also say a prayer for you.
(((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

Offline Paulette

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 12:18:01 am »
Thanks to all for all the prayers and kind words. You Ladies are truly great! Well they figured out why his Liver is failing; He was Dx: with Liver Cancer and it has already spread to his spine and we will know more on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.  My husband seems to be at peace with everything going on, he says "if it's my times to go home then I'm ready" i think he's more at peace with it than i am. But I remain strong  and hopeful for his and the girls sake.  I got him a prayer cloth from church this morning; It can't hurt. I'm a firm believer in the power of prayers. I prayed for God to take his HepC  and after treatment it still remains undetectable for almost three years now even with this liver cancer.  Me my Numbers are great 824 and still undetectable my self.  well I just wanted to give you ladies an update and to say thank-you.
Paulette

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 10:06:02 am »
Paulette:

You have my prayers and sympathies at this very trying time in you and your family's life.  I hope your husband is able to remain as pain-free as possible with medication etc.  Hey, I believe in the power of prayer also.  You're absolutely right, it can't hurt.  I'm glad to read that your numbers are so good.  Maybe that will help your strength during this time.  Anytime you need us, we're here. 

Peace-
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Sunshinesr

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 02:39:14 pm »
The hardest thing a person can do is watch someone they love so much be in that situation.  It makes a person feel so helpless... and lost.  I watched my first husband struggle in the hospital.  It was over whelming. You are in my thoughts so much, I hope all the best for you and your family.
sunshine

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 02:47:08 pm »
Hi Paulette~

I am so sorry to read about all of this.  You are your husband's angel.  Your situation hits home with me on a few levels.  I know how exhausted you must be.  Take a deep breath, make sure you eat and know that I am praying for you today.

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Paulette

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 10:00:04 pm »
Just a quick update; they sent my husband home with morphine of course and he has a hospital bed , he's already taking 2 rounds of radiation for his spine;12 more to go. he's sleeping right now, resting up for his treatment in the morning.  The doctor said it could be as little as 2wks to 2mths who knows? He still doesn't want his family to know(which i already told them the truth about whats going) but he doesn't know that and they are just thankful that i told them. i felt they had right to know. he would be furious with me if he knew i told them; but his family respects the fact that he wants to keep it from them so they act like they don't know. which i don't know if that's a good thing are not.  I've become so numb; I love my husband and I'm doing all i can for him, but i get so mad he won't eat, and the only times he gets up is to go the bathroom , i think they have him on too much pain meds. his stomach is swollen and he is having nose bleeds. he has become mean and angry toward me, which hurts; the doctor told me not to take it personally. which I'm not, but it still hurts. he is refusing to talk about it. anyways I'm staying strong.
love to all
Paulette

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 08:05:19 am »
Paulette, you and your family are in my continuing prayers.  I am so sorry to hear all this.  No, don't take your husband's anger personally.  I'm sure he's angry because of what's going on.  And sometimes Morphine can make people pretty nasty.  I hope you find some comfort knowing we're thinking of you.  Hang in there kiddo.
Peace-
Betty

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 08:44:14 am »
Dear Paulette,

I don't quite know what to say, just want to express that I care and am so sadenned by this. Please know you & your family are in my heart and prayers. What Betty said, your hubby is probabaly doesn't know what he's saying. Please stay strong, your strength is admirable,

Big hug,
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline srmn98

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 11:15:23 am »
Hi Paulette,

I'm so sorry that you and your husband are going through this ....  I'm thinking about you and hope that  your husband can be made as comfortable as possible.

Best wishes,

Sara

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2008, 09:57:09 pm »
Paulette, I am thinking of you tonight.

How are you and your husband doing?

You are both in my prayers.   :-*

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 07:49:18 am »
Paulette, hope things are going as well as can be expected. Hang in there. Cristy

Offline englishgirl

• ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2008, 05:12:03 pm »
thinking of you both
xxxx
ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN:
http://campaigning.tht.org.uk/cms/cmsloader?WfJVLp&view=11,301,1385,0,-html

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=17352.0

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline mscaramelle

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2008, 12:25:38 pm »
I know you don't know me, but I have been a member here for awhile now....but I just wanted you to do some research on Sea Kelp, also know as Limu Moui....I take it everyday, 2 oz, its an all natural with mega minerals in a "functional beverage".  It is amazing for the immune system and I just think it would benefit your husband...and for you as it combats stress....the health benefits are endless.  And the Fucoidan in Limu is the secret weapon against disease...Don't just rely on the drugs and treatments he is taking.  The polyphenols in Limu protects us from disease...if you need more info, just let me know.   God Bless You both.

MsC

Offline Paulette

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2008, 01:30:05 am »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

A few mins til eight o'clock this evening my Husband passed a way and now i'm alone feeling numb, in some ways i'm looking at this as a blessing because he was just dx: with stage four liver cancer not even a month ago. because he didn't suffer the way some do.  but my husband is gone and they won't let me see him til sunday and it's just not fair. This is a man that was able to look at me for who i was and not what i had (hiv) and now he gone. I was sitting by his side holding his hand as he took his last breath, he went peaceful. i"ve been so use to taking care of him now i feel lost.  he was a wonderful man, he was always by my side every year at the local aids walk, i'm going to miss him very much, i already do.   Even in death he was so strong and courageous,  now i know he's in heaven looking down on me, but i wish he was beside me instead. i know it sounds selfish but i wasn't ready for him to go.  now i'm trying to find some peace of my own i guess the viewing won't be til this sunday, and services will be this monday.  apart of me has died and my heart died with this man, he gave me so much. i just want feel his arms around me or even just his hand in mine.  now what?  i  just wish i would wake up and this would be a  bad dream and he would still be here.

Offline srmn98

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2008, 01:57:27 am »
Hi Paulette,

I am so sorry for your loss. Your husband was so lucky to have you there with him to hold his hand. I'm keeping you in my thoughts -- 

Sara

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2008, 02:41:37 am »
Paulette--

You have my deepest condolences on the passing of your husband. I know what it is like to lose someone to cancer, it happened twice. I know you are hurting right now but try to be strong. Know your husband is still there with you in spirit and will always be with you because you carry him in your heart. I will be thinking of you and praying for you as well.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2008, 08:30:29 am »
Oh Paulette, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  I lost my first husband in 1989.  Please take peace in knowing that he will always be with you, as Queen said, always in your heart.  You can always hold onto the dear memories the two of you shared.  I'll be thinking of you and praying for you and your family.
Peace~
Betty

Offline gemini20

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2008, 09:27:22 am »
Dear Paulette,

I just wanted to send my deepest condolences to you, your girls and your husband's family at the loss of your husband. There are no words that will make this time any easier but I hope you will take comfort in the knowledge that many of us are thinking of you at this time and keeping you all in our prayers.

It is not at all selfish to say you were not ready to let him go; that is just a reflection of the love you must have both had for each other.

I am a firm believer that our loved ones can continue to be a presence in our lives even after death so continue to 'talk' to him and encourage others to share their thoughts and feelings about him too, that way you may well 'feel' him close to you again.

Try and take care of yourself at this difficult time.

Best wishes,

Emma
Diagnosed 11th September 1991
Current CD4 count 484 (26%); viral load undetectable (December 2011).
Restarting boosted Prezista 08/04/11

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2008, 11:35:37 am »
Paulette, so sorry for your loss. Hope it gets easier with time. Glad you were able to be there with him until the end.    Cristy                               

Offline englishgirl

• ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2008, 03:10:25 pm »
oh paulette im so sorry that you are having to go through this loss. im glad that you were able to be with him and that his final moments with you were peaceful.
thinking of you
xxxx
ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN:
http://campaigning.tht.org.uk/cms/cmsloader?WfJVLp&view=11,301,1385,0,-html

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=17352.0

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2008, 03:51:51 pm »
Dear Paulette,

I am so sorry. My heart & prayers are with you.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2008, 03:52:29 pm »
No words Paulette just a deep sadness at your loss.

Sending prayers from NZ..I hope you and your family find the strength to get through this.

{{{Hugs}}}
Jan :'(
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2008, 05:31:09 pm »
Paulette~

I am so saddened to hear of your husband's passing.  It happened so quickly that you are left numb with disbelief, on the other hand he didn't suffer.  I know how confusing this must be.  I lost my husband to AIDS in '96.  It was 11 long months of taking care of him, knowing what the inevitable outcome would be.

This will certainly take a lot of time to sink in, and you'll feel many mixed emotions along the way.  Take a deep breath and take care of yourself.  Most importantly, ask others for help, even though it can be the hardest thing to do.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.  :(

~ Cindy

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2008, 06:02:34 pm »
Paulette,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2008, 04:20:21 am »
Paulette, my deepest condolences to you and your loved ones for your sad loss. Like Emma (gemini20) said, try and take care of yourself at this difficult time. You are in my thoughts.

Debra xx
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Ulong

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2008, 06:27:27 pm »
Oh, Paulette, I'm sorry to hear about your husband, it's a terrible pain to lose someone you love, I know. Please take care, and know that you're in my thoughts.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2008, 05:40:43 pm »
A loving bump.....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2008, 10:59:17 pm »
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

A few mins til eight o'clock this evening my Husband passed a way and now i'm alone feeling numb, in some ways i'm looking at this as a blessing because he was just dx: with stage four liver cancer not even a month ago. because he didn't suffer the way some do.  but my husband is gone and they won't let me see him til sunday and it's just not fair. This is a man that was able to look at me for who i was and not what i had (hiv) and now he gone. I was sitting by his side holding his hand as he took his last breath, he went peaceful. i"ve been so use to taking care of him now i feel lost.  he was a wonderful man, he was always by my side every year at the local aids walk, i'm going to miss him very much, i already do.   Even in death he was so strong and courageous,  now i know he's in heaven looking down on me, but i wish he was beside me instead. i know it sounds selfish but i wasn't ready for him to go.  now i'm trying to find some peace of my own i guess the viewing won't be til this sunday, and services will be this monday.  apart of me has died and my heart died with this man, he gave me so much. i just want feel his arms around me or even just his hand in mine.  now what?  i  just wish i would wake up and this would be a  bad dream and he would still be here.

Saying I'm sorry for your loss doesn't seem to be adequate. My husband passed away in 2001. Its difficult, its confusing and its painful but you will find yourself eventually and begin to enjoy things you feel you have lost. Let yourself grieve and don't let anyone tell you how long you should grieve for.

<hugs>

Wendy

Offline Paulette

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2008, 12:35:55 am »
I want to thank all of you wonderful ladies for your prayers and kind words during my time of need.  Well it's all over but the cremation; I'm going with him in the morning to be there for him , i know that may sound weird, but we made a promise to each other about this, so i must live up to my promise, for i know he would have; i didn't just lose my husband, i lost my lover, my friend, and the world lost one hell of a man. I miss him so much and I'm feeling so much pain at this moment. My husband was loved by many friends/family. Sunday we all wore our Harley Davidson shirt and jeans in honor of him, ( we have a 2000 wide glide with fatboy front end, and chromed out custom built Harley) we rode all the time. I bet he was looking down from Heaven and smiling and loved it. and today his service was great, our pastor really knew my husband and the music was great. my husband looked so good , like he was a sleep. i know that he is in a better place but i really wish he was here with me.  I'm having a hard time sleeping and eating which i know he wouldn't want that, because he was always worried about me taking care of my self. I'm trying really hard. They say time heals all wounds, but i don't about this one.  my Church had dinner ready for the family to eat at our church. the food was good, but i couldn't stop vomitting. my nerves i guess or maybe stress.   i still can't believe that I'm a widow now. i know he's not suffering,  but now i am. i just want him back. i do thank you all for caring so much, it really means a lot right now, because i feel so alone and empty. I still need to stay strong for my girls. and I'm trying really hard , because i know that's what my husband would have wanted. but it's hard. hopefully in time it will get easier.
Thanks again
Paulette

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2008, 07:37:01 am »
Dearest Paulette:

Harley people, eh?  I knew instantly there was something I liked about you! 

I know it seems like you will never get over this; and while things won't ever be the same, they will get better.  Trust me.  You have to give yourself plenty of time and take extra special care of yourself.  My parents were married for 58 years and last August, my mum died.  My dad is sometimes like a lost child; I can't even imagine.  Yes, your husband is in a better place, but that doesn't seem to make much of a difference, does it?  I pray for you every day, sweetie.  I hope you're getting all the support you need there.  Know we are always here for you.
Peace~
Betty
P.S.  Check out the Living With forum. There's a whole thread dedicated to you over there. :-*

tendai

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2008, 07:56:21 am »
Paulette
i just wanted to add my condolences. i'm so sorry for your loss.
((HUGS)))

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.