HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

First time sex

(1/1)

Schoolboy1290:
Hi this is my first time having sex, I was curious. Had vaginal sex with a sex worker with condom on. I fingered her and then put on the condom, if any vaginal residues on my finger passed on the penis while i was putting on my condom, will there be risk of hiv?
During sex, her secretion is a lot, base penis and public were not covered, itís was wet with her secretion, After the sex, Condom was intact, removed it, penis head might have in direct contact with secretion at pubic area, will this be a risk as well?

She gave me quite a rough bj, not too sure conditions of her mouth.

Just turned 18, do help assess the risk. I was thinking if I used condom, i will be safe, but some saying condom not a guarantee, I will still get it eventho the condom not broken. Iím scared.

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

Fingering, receiving a blowjob, fluids touching the base of your penis or touching your penis after the intercourse whilst removing the condom isn't an HIV risk to you.

As for the intercourse, HIV can't transmit through an intact latex or polyurethane condom. If a condom fails during the act of intercourse it's obvious. There is no reason to be stressing or testing for HIV outside of the standard yearly routine as long as this obvious issue did not happen.

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of HIV protection

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as Ďsafeí in terms of HIV might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get tested regularly and at least yearly for STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and, the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV?" The forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

Schoolboy1290:
Hello, thank you for your reply

I canít stop thinking about it. Because I clearly remember I had vaginal fluid on my hand and touched my glan penis. Itís difficult not to think about it over and over again.

Visited a clinic locally, they mentioned itís low risk and asked to get tested. Took rapid hiv test, came out negative, this is post 60days exposure. They asked me to repeat after one month.

Jim Allen:

--- Quote ---I canít stop thinking about it. Because I clearly remember I had vaginal fluid on my hand and touched my glan penis.
--- End quote ---

That's zero HIV risk.

HIV is fragile and sexually only acquired inside the confines of the human body as in never being exposed outside the body. Next to this, your concerns lacks all the other conditions needed and hence it makes sense that there has never been a documented case the way you fear and you will not be the world's first.

So you had no HIV exposure from this activity and, I am unwilling to pretend what you posted would be a risk as it would be a disservice to you and the community.

Regarding intercourse, that has been answered already as well.

The only reason to continue testing outside of routine would be either mental health concerns that ideally should be addressed differently than just the merry-go-round of pointless testing or there was an exposure you have not shared.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version