HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Am I infected

(1/1)

Bandjames023:
Hello everybody!
5 days ago, I had sex with a CSW. I used condom and I tried to penetrate her, It doesn't work as I didn't have a sufficient erection. So, she came over me and we did frottage till I ejaculated in my condom. But She refused to stop till she ejaculated too. The concern is that at the end I saw the condom was removed from my dick, and I wonder wether I penetrate her without condom sometimes during the frottage. Above all because she tried twice to insert my dick inside, I was not concerned because i knew i weared a condom. But after the event I am wondering if she succeded to insert my penis without erection. After  thinking, I came to the decision not to go for pep as I considered that I couldn't penetrate her as I didn't have erection. Also the day after, I ask her to test for Hiv, she refused and told me that I didn't penetrate her (I don't know if she said that just because She feard HIV test or she could well remember the event). But unfortunately for me 3 days after the event, I got flu like symptoms (which persist despite medicines) : Cold, fever (37,5C to 37,8C), Shiver, joint and musle pains, dizziness.
My questions are : -Is it possible to have primoinfection symptoms just 3 days after exposure.
- Could I penetrate a lady with a penis without erection? (Even though you weren't there, can I have your advice)

Jim Allen:

--- Quote ---But unfortunately for me 3 days after the event, I got flu like symptoms (which persist despite medicines) : Cold, fever (37,5C to 37,8C), Shiver, joint and musle pains, dizziness.
--- End quote ---

Nothing to do with HIV from the concerned encounter.

--- Quote ---So, she came over me and we did frottage till I ejaculated in my condom. But She refused to stop till she ejaculated too. The concern is that at the end I saw the condom was removed from my dick, and I wonder wether I penetrate her without condom sometimes during the frottage. Above all because she tried twice to insert my dick inside, I was not concerned because i knew i weared a condom. But after the event I am wondering if she succeded to insert my penis without erection. After  thinking, I came to the decision not to go for pep as I considered that I couldn't penetrate her as I didn't have erection.
--- End quote ---

The frottage and attempting to insert your penis isn't an HIV risk.

Regarding condomless penetration that would be an HIV risk, but I was not there so you will need to tell me if you penetrated her or not?

--- Quote ---I ask her to test for Hiv, she refused
--- End quote ---

Good for her, I'm glad she refused. She is a sex worker, you paid her for sex, service was provided, the job is done and she owes you nothing. Her HIV status is none of your business.

If you want to know your HIV status go and test yourself.

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about taking PrEP as an additional layer of HIV protection

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as safe in terms of HIV might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get tested regularly and at least yearly for STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and, the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV?" The forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

Bandjames023:

--- Quote ---"Nothing to do with HIV from the concerned encounter."
--- End quote ---
Thanks for this reply, I guess you mean the delay is too short for linking this symptoms to that encounter.

--- Quote ---"Regarding condomless penetration that would be an HIV risk, but I was not there so you will need to tell me if you penetrated her or not?"
--- End quote ---
I don't remember well but I don't think I penetrate her after I ejaculated coz I was not erect and she said the same when I asked her the day after. But I remember she tried, That scares me a lot plus the flu I got.

Jim Allen:

--- Quote ---Thanks for this reply, I guess you mean the delay is too short for linking this symptoms to that encounter.
--- End quote ---

The timing isn't the only issue, anyhow it does not matter, the answer is it has nothing to do with HIV from this encounter.

--- Quote ---I don't remember well but I don't think I penetrate her after I ejaculated coz I was not erect and she said the same when I asked her the day after. But I remember she tried
--- End quote ---

Trying isn't an HIV risk, so put that out of your mind.

As for penetrating her without a condom, as said, I can't answer for you.

A)
If you didn't have condomless penetration, then move on with your life, continue to use condoms for any intercourse no exceptions and test out of routine yearly for STI's & HIV.

B)
If you did have condomless penetration, then test at six weeks post-incident with a blood-drawn HIV antibodies test and a non-reactive result at that time will rarely ever change. Although generally not needed if you wish you can retest at 3 months post-incident.

Finally, I'll be honest, this whole post just sounds like irrational fears "what ifs" after the sex, maybe triggered by some underlying guilt or shame about something, and that's translating into HIV fears, perhaps because of some unconscious HIV stigma ... who knows.

Best, Jim.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version