HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Sex Toy Encounter

(1/1)

Orange_:
Hi,

I met up with a guy last night, we didnít do anything mutual except tongue kissing, he was fully clothed the whole time. But he did use a fleshlight to masturbate my penis, this fleshlight was open on both ends.

I have read that sex toys can be an hiv risk if previously used. I know that it was not used for the initial 10-15 minutes I was there before it was used on me. I canít say it want used by him or someone else before me.

I am circumcised if that makes a difference.

He also was into dom play and roughly scratched my back body with his nails, I donít think I bled, but may have due to slight back acne. Is that any risk?

I can try to get PEP if you think it is warranted.

Thank you

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

Read your post three times, nothing you mentioned here is an HIV risk.

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about taking PrEP as an additional layer of HIV protection

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as Ďsafeí in terms of HIV might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get tested regularly and at least yearly for STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and, the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV?" The forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

Orange_:
Thank you, that is reassuring and letís me relax knowing I donít need pep.

I just remembered he also fingered me anally, lube was used. I have read this is a low or no risk, what if his finger was bleeding? I have no clue if it was, but my mind is making me question things like potential cuts or hang nails he might have had. Would that be a risk?

Jim Allen:
Fingering and being fingered isn't an HIV risk, lacks all the conditions needed for acquiring HIV. So it also makes sense there are no confirmed cases of acquiring HIV this way.

--- Quote ---what if his finger was bleeding?
--- End quote ---

"What if"

Not an HIV concern, the only way this is even a theoretical issue would be if he needed urgent medical care i.e chopped the end of his finger off and had blood pissing out of it all over the place and instead of seeing urgent medical care stuck in your anus.

You would have mentioned blood being all over the place and medical care sooner if this was the case, so it's not, and to be honest even if this had happened my concerns would still not be HIV.

Jim Allen:
Look relax and move on with your life.

Use condoms for any intercourse, test yearly out of standard routine and consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP.

PrEP would provide an additional layer of HIV prevention and prehaps provide you with some peace of mind going forward.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version