Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 11:16:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773166
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 286
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 232
Total: 232

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Found i am poz 10 hours ago  (Read 18127 times)

Offline Weliooo

Found i am poz 10 hours ago
« on: September 25, 2021, 11:08:41 pm »
It was the most horrible night in my life, first of all i am resident in middle east, which as you know having this dx is a death sentence for you, i am newly infected less than a  month.
But my biggest concern is that i am married, my wife is 3 months pregnant, but i assume she is pretty okay as no sex happened since the baby conception.
I spent the whole night feeling anxious, trying to sleep but getting but i could not, i am feeling like i am panicking, my heart rate is high, can't stop thinking or relax to find my next step.
I am going to a health care provider tomorrow to start the medications hopefully it works in time.
I am still suffering with symptoms like body aches and sweating and fatigue so i am assuming i am getting a having a high viral load at this point.
I still don't know what to do with my wife, but i don't plan to tell her now.
One of my concerns since i knew, are medications will be available on time or not, as i started reading about situation in my country which is not very promising.
I am trying to get any support, i am already suffocating and trying not to throw up, i always believed that i will be infected and once this happens i will kill myself.
But i wanna see my baby wanna make a life for it.
Anyway i will keep up with you guys, have support in my country is considered a low chance.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Found i am poz 10 hours ago
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 11:17:57 pm »
Hiya,

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis.

You mentioned seeing the healthcare worker tomorrow, what did they say today regarding treatment when diagnosed and have they ordered follow-up labs?

Best, Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Weliooo

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 11:21:02 pm »
It is still 5 am here, so i waiting to call someone by 10 to make appointment
I did antibody test and it came positive, so it is my first step seeing  him today

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 11:44:38 pm »
Hiya,

I've moved your post to this forum as you don't have a diagnosis, just a reactive result, I will presume it's from a rapid test kit.

I can understand a reactive result can be a shock and a lot to digest.

However, we see false reactive results here regularly and, until you have confirmation test results, there is no need to overthink things or get ahead of yourself.

Anyhow, the clinic/healthcare provider may run another antibodies test. If that yields another HIV reactive result, they will get confirmation testing done after that, including the VL. Keep working with the clinic/healthcare provider to get further testing done.

I still don't know what to do with my wife, but i don't plan to tell her now.

You will see the healthcare provider in the morning, you don't have a diagnosis yet, so no need to panic or stress your wife today.

Now, it's standard to offer an HIV screening here during pregnancy, and with higher-risk patients, they would offer a repeat test later.  I'm not sure if that is offered by default in your nation, anyhow, if your wife has had a screening, but if your HIV status is confirmed positive, then she may need/want to repeat testing.

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of HIV protection

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and, the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV?" The forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Weliooo

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2021, 11:59:37 pm »
I will do it, hopefully it gets into a false thing

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2021, 05:44:58 pm »
Whatever the outcome, things will be alright in the end.

Take it easy.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Weliooo

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2021, 12:35:52 pm »
I received my results
It is hiv type 1
I already applied for meds but i will not receive them before a month due to my country regulations
I did cd4 count and it was over 700
I don't know what to do now
My plans are shattered, the issue of telling my wife is another thing
I feel totally hopless, can't even think straight about it

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2021, 01:43:26 pm »
Hiya,

I presume they run an HIV differentiation assay then. You will still need further test results to confirm and a VL, I am presuming this has not been run yet.

Look I've moved your post for now to the "Just tested positive" however please only post in this one thread for the time being.

My plans are shattered, the issue of telling my wife is another thing

Why are your plans shattered? Telling your wife might be a difficult conversation, keep in mind you can't control how others will react, you can only control what you say.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Weliooo

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2021, 11:48:19 pm »
I did westplot confirmatory test, my plans are shattered as regulations of immigration consider me inadmissible

Offline Expat1

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2021, 08:34:16 am »
Sorry about your diagnosis, though you still need a Viral Load test. 

Everytime a door shuts another one opens.  Time to start thinking about a Plan B, maybe even a plan C,D, and E.

If you are to be deported.  It is time to evaluate other options.  What is HIV treatment like in your home country?  What kind of medicines are supplied in government programs? How do you qualify for those programs.

What skills do you have that might be useful in  a country with a more liberal immigration policy?

Good luck, keep us posted.  Perhaps try reaching out to others with HIV in your home country and in the one you are currently in.

Offline Weliooo

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2021, 08:55:08 am »
For what medication, i still don't know exactly they are providing here, i have to wait 25 days to start taking my medications
I thought about buying it but it is expensive, not available, and i am afraid of fake medications
As for my experience unfortunately i am a pharmacist
I am living in Egypt, you could really imagine what does it mean to be hiv patient here
A lot of fears and challenges to be able to live here
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 09:01:11 am by Weliooo »

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2021, 11:56:40 am »

ojo.           Hello Wellooo!…I’m sorry to read about your confirmed dx, we all here know how it feels to get an hiv dx, so try to relax and you are not alone, we are here as a community to support you and try to help you with a virtual hug but, more importantly, with information on how to start coping and learn to live with hiv.

You need to talk to your wife and have her checked for hiv, we all know that it is going to be a difficult conversation but it has to be done, we are here for you.

Your cd4 level is good, no need in rushing and buy medication, you can wait until your doctor gives it to you…don’t be afraid of taking meds think about the meds that they are vitamines that they will make you feel better, ok?

I have not idea how is living with hiv in your country but we have members from that part of the world. You will adjust…please keep us posted..good luck

Offline Weliooo

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2021, 02:10:57 pm »
I appreciate it man, will try my best, i know it is a big life situation, but with support and knowing from other people experiences i am sure i will pass it, after all my choice is to live

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2021, 07:17:59 pm »
I appreciate it man, will try my best, i know it is a big life situation, but with support and knowing from other people experiences i am sure i will pass it, after all my choice is to live

ojo.            Hi again!…well, you will live for a long time as long as you use the same formula I have been using for 27 years since my dx, this formula is, DISCIPLINE on taking your med/s as prescribed, and a good and positive attitude…we are here for you, do not hesitate in ask for help , here on this forum or PM to any of us…please keep us posted and you will be fine…hugs

Offline Weliooo

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2021, 02:00:43 am »
Sure i will be always here, i believe that your support is very important to my case, and i hope for all of us best of healthy life

Offline Weliooo

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2021, 05:08:32 am »
This is update of my case
I was offered medication today, the prescriped meds are truvada and tivicay
Luckily it is imported one, polish and german
I will start on meds and hope to be ud in 6 months

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2021, 05:24:38 am »
Truvada and Tivicay, it's a solid combination, I've been on that combo myself.
You should start to see your VL drop on your next labs/follow-up appointment.  :)

How are you doing/feeling?

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Weliooo

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2021, 07:10:45 am »
Hi Jim
Actually i am starting to feel psychologically better, i am accepting the fact that i am living with a chronic disease, started to get along with it
All what i am looking for now is how my social life gonna be, but i am feeling optimistic
I already know that this combination of meds is extremely powerful
I hope that in my next pcr test i get good news and be UD
Anyway i am feeling good for now and sure i will keep on touch with people here
I got much motivation since i joined the poz society here, and i am grateful for the support  :)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2021, 07:15:08 am »
Glad to hear you are feeling good & optimistic about things.  :)

Do keep in touch, we're here if you need us.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Weliooo

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2021, 07:22:05 am »
Sure thing i will always be here  :)

Offline Weliooo

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2021, 10:57:42 am »
Hey everyone
This is an update
I finally told my wife, sure she started crying specially that she knew it was a cheating.
She did the test yesterday and the result shown today, it was a negative.
I feel extremely happy about it, specially that i waiting for a baby boy.
I explained to her all of my case, and tomorrow i am going to start on meds.
I feel that she calmed down now, she was very sad and waiting for her result.
I still don't know if she gonna stay with me or not, but i do have a feeling that she will.
Anyway i hope for all of you health, long life, and finally this burden is out of my chest.

Offline Matths

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2021, 02:38:54 pm »
Congratulations that you were able to do the right steps from the beginning. Your bravery will set the stage for a hopefully happy, long life to come for you and your loved ones. Best Matt

Offline Weliooo

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2021, 09:17:41 pm »
Hope the best for all of us thank you for your kind words

Offline Weliooo

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2023, 06:17:34 am »
Hello guys
I have good news
I finally did my viral load
My result was 194
My cd4. Count raised from 750 to nearly 1000
I have benn on medication for nearly 2 years now
I suppose next test the viral load might be less than 194
Thanks for all the support

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2023, 07:26:11 am »
How are you otherwise feeling/doing?
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Weliooo

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2023, 07:59:07 pm »
Hello, i am doing well
It was challenging time for me but i tried to adapt.
I focused on maintaining my health, lost 47 kg, started sports and i enhanced my diet.
I still have troubles sleeping well, but i am trying to keep my mental health good.
I am in process to immigrate to Canada, so i hope they don't find me medically inadmissible.
One of my fears is that i am always afraid to transmit to my son, i am cautious much but it is like abnormal thing about me.
I did a test for my family lately they are both negative. I am just being paranoid much about it.
Anyway i am trying to do my best and hope things go well for everyone.

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2023, 05:14:15 am »

ojo.            I’m glad you are adapting to your new normal. Where are you?, Are you still in Italian or a chip?… happy to hear that your family is hiv negative. and they will remain negative. you shouldn’t be worried about transmitting the virus to your son remember, that the only way you can transmit HIV is through sex, unprotected, sex, so to no worry about trust meeting HIV to your son by hugging or kissing him. Try to live a normal life. If you are undetectable for at least six months, youl can not transmit the virus, keep taking your medication’s as prescribed. .. good luck with whatever it is you are planning to move to and please, keep us posted…hugs

Offline Weliooo

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2023, 09:53:55 am »
Hello,
I am continuing on my meds accurately, i am currently living in Egypt, we are offered meds for free.
They used to give me truvada and tivicay, but now they are not giving me the original tivicay and they are giving me a local generic made dolutegravir.
I think it is still working, i did another pcr today for my immigration process, and i am hoping to be qualified for immigration and my cade doesn't affect their decision.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2023, 07:23:57 am »
True generic versions of branded meds have the same active ingredients and work the same.

Good luck with the immigration process.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Mightysure

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2023, 04:52:27 pm »
I am very sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  Before I go further, just know that you can live and fulfilling life with this virus, while I understand the circumstances you're in.

It sounds like you caught it early, which is great.   It should take some time for medication because they should run tests to see what medications are not right for you. In the meantime, learn as much as you can and what resources are available, in and outside of your country.

700 is a good CD4. I understand that you just received devastating news, but I promise that we have seen people in your circumstances come out ok.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.