HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Lapse in Judgement Worried

(1/1)

jay1089:
I recently meet up with someone, who I believed was tested for HIV and STDís recently . I started to be a little skeptical because the next time it was brought up the month changed and thought it might have been a mistake. After the fact I noticed quiet a bit of medications. I know itís too late to try to get PEPís itís been 5 days.

I might be overblowing it because Iím reading mixed things. But anyway I received unprotected oral that lasted about 15 minutes. How soon would I need to wait to be checked for STI or HIV? I know from recent tested I am negative, as I also normally use protection.

Thanks in advance, just having some anxiety over this.

Jim Allen:

--- Quote --- who I believed was tested for HIV and STDís recently . I started to be a little skeptical because the next time it was brought up the month changed and thought it might have been a mistake.
--- End quote ---

What people claim or the outcome of their last test results means nothing.

--- Quote ---I received unprotected oral that lasted about 15 minutes.
--- End quote ---

Receiving oral sex is no HIV risk to you whatsoever. If this was your only sexual activity in life then HIV isn't an issue.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider starting PrEP as an additional layer of HIV protection going forward

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as Ďsafeí in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

jay1089:
Long story short, I ended up seeing a masseur and ended up doing some things Iím not proud of and feel bad about it. Stated he was negative disease free and on prep, and said so fast that it sounded something that was said many times (I know it could be a lie, you never know). Being the the top in the situation what is the risk of HIV or could I have been infected? I was wearing a condom, aside from that was briefly given oral without confirm.

About a week after this I started having frequent and constant headaches and having some throat issues. Also monitoring heart rate and HRV Iíve had a steep decline both higher heart rate and much lower HRV.

Jim Allen:

--- Quote ---Stated he was negative disease free and on prep, and said so fast that it sounded something that was said many times (I know it could be a lie, you never know).
--- End quote ---

Even if true that they recently tested negative and use PrEP it's irrelevant as it doesn't mean anything to you due to the window period.

Anyhow, receiving a blowjob isn't an HIV risk to you and as for the intercourse as long as the condom didn't break during the act there is no reason to stress or test outside of standard yearly routine.

jay1089:
Thanks for the response,

from what I recall the condom looked intact, I made sure to use a condom. Initially tried to lower on me without one and made sure it was used regardless of stating negative status and being on PrEP. Wasnít concerned until about 2 weeks after when I had odd symptoms. Definitely felling regretful.

Not stressed about oral as you mentioned no risk in the past and had stressed myself out about it before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version