Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:58:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 487
Total: 490

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Blog update.  (Read 8694 times)

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
Blog update.
« on: June 02, 2006, 04:37:23 pm »
I just placed a new Blog contribution, and if you like, here is the link..... https://www.poz.com/bloggers

In Love.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 08:15:26 am by iana5252 »
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline The Canuck

Re: Blog update.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 04:47:08 pm »
Hi Moffie65,

and so out of a grant of $169,000, only $17,000 goes for actual dollars to serve the clients in four rural counties, with a total client base of about 120.

This is definitely outrageous than only 10% of the amount will be used for clients. There's something very wrong here.

I have been told that there is only enough money to give any client here $500 in transportation assistance, and $500 in medicine co-pays.

Does it mean they will give you ( and other clients ) only $500.00 in medicine co-pays and you have to provide ALL the remainiing amount ? It isn't much when considreing the cost of these meds, actually '' isn't much '' is an understatement as it would be more appropriate to say '' nothing ''.  :-\

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 05:22:44 pm »
$500.00 for co-pay? $500.00 would not pay for one prescription. The cold hard facts are before us and you keep pointing them out Tim. Eventually we will be forced to ACT UP and take to the streets again. I only hope it is not too late......or we have not become too complacent.

Thanks again Tim.

Hal :'(

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 06:01:10 pm »
Tee Hee, and I know you guys aren't rocket scientists also.  Marcus might check in with an opinion, but he is the only rocket scientist we have here that I know of. 

Seriously, I want to make clear that the actual grant to the clients must include the Case Manager's salary and benefits, so the $17K figure is what is left over after that deduction.  This figure is actually spread over four counties, totalling 13,000 square miles, and the total figure of clients is far greater, but only 120 are receiving Ryan White care monies.  Many are still able to use private insurance.  We are headed towards a catastrophy for the middle class, and we will have to become very in tune with our past, and the lessons we should have learned by seeing people of the gay community, living and dying in their 1970's Caddilacs, under the overpasses in San Francisco, because they lost everything and there was no place to turn.  (OK Breathe.....)

Seriously guys, thanks for understanding my rant.

In Love.
Lynn Lavne

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 06:10:23 pm »
Moffie65,

You're welcome ! Being not American I'm not too familiar with those Ryan White thing but noticed these were mentioned often on the forum, and somewhat understand a bit what they are although I'm not a rocket scientist.  :P

Was the situation was worst before the G.W. BUSH administration or better ? If it got worst when Mr. Bush arrived then do you have hopes thing will get better when this dude leaves the office in January 2009 ?

All the best,

The Canuck

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 07:03:46 pm »
To be perfectly clear, the Bush Administration has not raised the Ryan White, or "Care Monies" for the better part of his administration.  Flat funding the whole time.  This makes perfect sense to a boulder in my front yard, but to no thinking person on the planet.  If you are in a Pandemic that is growing exponentially right now, and you cut Prevention funding to pennies on the dollar, and services are flat funded for years; it doesn't take long to figure out the ultimate goal.  And Oh Yess, that bitch he calls his wife, who just today was praising the $15billion dollar grant to Africa, Shit, only a pittance of that has been distributed, due to the Africans fear of adopting Abstinence only messages.  The one thing that will stop the money.  Also, only 12 very rich countries in natural resources have been allocated to receive the money, and then only with Abst....... bullshit..

I am so over this government, I hope most of us live to vote in November, and then again in two years.  We MUST turn this failing country around.  The porcelain facility looks really dirty right now, and that is just exactly where we are headed.

In Shock and Awe.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 08:55:18 pm »
counting the day's

http://www.backwardsbush.com/?gclid=CKP9jdT0qIUCFQ_dSQod4E2h0w

Time for a cock----tail...

Terry

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 12:28:30 am »
Dear Tim...

That is the most EXPLOSIVE blog I've ever read by you, and I'm just sick over the decision by the SAAF group (not enough money for them). What a total crock of s**t is absolutely right!!!!!!

After years and years of involvement, I know you are pissed beyond belief. No one would blame you if you decide to shut down your ASO, and concentrate on your own thing from here on out. As I have promised you, and others, I am on board (hee hee) to carry that baton in your stead, my friend. The jumping off point for me comes on Tuesday, with my 'out' interview, and then my first Allocation Committee meeting the next day.

You have stood by my side for these trying last few months, as I waited for some sign of progress in my efforts, politically. And the day is here, I have studied the issues long and hard, and want to create a WAVE.

What will it take for us to conjure up the unified voice as happened in the days of Peter Straley's ACT UP Organization, to bravely petition for our collective rights on the important question of cost of meds, right to shelter, right to transportation to and from doctor's appointments?

One thing I know, blogs like yours will make the difference, darlin', they really will. Don't you dare give those up, please?

On a side note, during the PBS special this past week, I was shocked to learn that Billy Graham's son, Franklin, and the group he represents (didn't write the damn name down, sorry) received $100 million dollars to promote the 'A.B.C. (ABSTINENCE, FAITHFULNESS, CONDOMS)'
platform..........through the Bush Administration. It was also quoted that a full 30% of that $15 billion dollars was funding directly expended toward ABSTINENCE efforts.

Ludicrous.

Our time is now, Tim, to read your words, jump on the CAUSE WAGON and start something (again).

Thank you for your consistent message about SHOCK AND AWE, babe.

With love,

Zephyr
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.