Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:35:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 186
Total: 186

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Anyone got hiv+ after more or less than 3months of possible Exposure?  (Read 6124 times)

Offline vectorial

I heard that HIV can't be cure.
I would like to know what's going on with some people that believe he has healed and become negative with herbal. They even dare to show their test printout result that show new test with negative result.

My Question is, what happened to those ppl who has undetected level of viral load?

Will they get tested and get negative result even the virus still remains in their body?
 or
will they still gonna get positive result even though his viral load is at undetected level?

Did any positive people here with undetected Viral load has done a new anti-HIV test?
I am a bit confuse here. Thanks for any information.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: How to Check HIV or even cure?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 03:49:16 pm »
Welcome to the forums! Are you HIV positive?

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 04:10:15 pm »
I would like to know what's going on with some people that believe he has healed and become negative with herbal.

This is not the general, or even the occasional story, so I'd want to look very closely at the facts, cos prob they's 1) fibbing 2) wishing 3) the tests were wrong.

Just because your HIV RNA is undetectable does not mean you don't have HIV.

- matt

edited for spelling
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 04:11:47 pm by newt »
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Granny60

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 06:21:08 pm »
As far as I know there has only been ONE person ever cured of HIV EVER and that was with  chemo, radiation , and a bone marrow transplant.  Undectable viral load just means that the test is not able to find any, but the test has LIMITATIONS on how low it can detect, which is basicly 48 copies of the virus in a drop of blood or more.  If you get HIV, you better be prepared to  deal with it in the long haul because there is no cure at the current time.  Just control...  and the herbal shit..... quackery.

Offline vectorial

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 07:20:43 am »
Another strange fact is when people wanted to test for CD4 and Viral Load, they need to bring doctor referral letter first before they allowed to do the test?
My big question here is, why any healthy people are not allowed to do the test?
Isn't it strange?
Did any normal people will have some numbers too when they do CD4 and viral load test?
What the heck with the system?
Honestly this only happen with HIV test, not with any other sickness. Did Govt trying to hide sthg from us?
Can some people here found someone healthy and do the cd4 and VL test?
And please share the result here. thks.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 08:46:37 am »
Vec, are you hiv positive? Because if you're not, you should not be posting in this forum, you should be posting in the Am I Infected? forum.

This is not negotiable and if you refuse to answer the question, I will assume that you are hiv negative and move your thread over there. It sure sounds like you're hiv negative, so an answer would be most appreciated.

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Nestor

• What we love, we shall grow to resemble.
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 08:53:06 am »
I heard that HIV can't be cure.
I would like to know what's going on with some people that believe he has healed and become negative with herbal. They even dare to show their test printout result that show new test with negative result.

I have never heard of such people.  Can you share examples?  

My Question is, what happened to those ppl who has undetected level of viral load?

Will they get tested and get negative result even the virus still remains in their body?
 or
will they still gonna get positive result even though his viral load is at undetected level?

Did any positive people here with undetected Viral load has done a new anti-HIV test?
I am a bit confuse here. Thanks for any information.

Unfortunately, it seems not.  If I understand correctly, testing positive for HIV is a result of the presence of antibodies, not of virus, so even an undetectable person will still test positive for HIV.  

Another strange fact is when people wanted to test for CD4 and Viral Load, they need to bring doctor referral letter first before they allowed to do the test?
My big question here is, why any healthy people are not allowed to do the test?
Isn't it strange?
Did any normal people will have some numbers too when they do CD4 and viral load test?

For one thing, getting these tests done is quite expensive.  That alone would prohibit random healthy people from getting them done out of pure curiosity.  

However, I've seen a number of articles in which the t-cell count of HIV negative people is described, or how t-cells fluctuate in negative people, so I assume some negative people are being tested for t-cell count, if only for research purposes.  
Summer 2004--became HIV+
Dec. 2005--found out

Date          CD4    %       VL
Jan. '06    725    25      9,097
Nov. '06    671    34     52,202
Apr. '07    553    30      24,270
Sept. '07  685    27       4,849
Jan. '08    825    29       4,749
Mar. '08    751    30     16,026
Aug. '08    653    30       3,108
Oct. '08     819    28     10,046
Jan '09      547    31     13,000
May '09     645   25        6,478
Aug. '09    688   30      19,571
Nov. '09     641    27       9,598
Feb. '10     638    27       4,480
May '10      687      9    799,000 (CMV)
July '10      600     21      31,000
Nov '10      682     24     15,000
June '11     563    23     210,000 (blasto)
July  '11      530    22      39,000
Aug '11      677     22      21,000
Sept. '12    747     15      14,000

Offline vectorial

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 11:01:15 am »
Vec, are you hiv positive? Because if you're not, you should not be posting in this forum, you should be posting in the Am I Infected? forum.

This is not negotiable and if you refuse to answer the question, I will assume that you are hiv negative and move your thread over there. It sure sounds like you're hiv negative, so an answer would be most appreciated.

Ann

Sorry Ann. Yes I am living with symptoms, but already tested after 12th weeks of last encounter and show negative result. When I ask the nurse she told me using stripes method. I would like to test again as my symptom still exist. I am very sorry if i put this at the wrong room. How Can I move it?
I just would like to understand more about this virus and I hope I calso can help others to know and understand more about this virus.  Sorry and Thanks Ann.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 11:05:13 am »
Vec,

I've moved your thread for you. Make sure you read and abide by our posting guidelines found in this forum's
Welcome Thread 

The testing window period for hiv is three months. This means you have tested conclusively hiv negative and you do NOT have hiv.

Neither symptoms nor the lack of symptoms mean a thing when it comes to diagnosing hiv. ONLY the antibody test at three months will accurately reveal your hiv status.

You do NOT have hiv. If you feel unwell, see a doctor. Whatever is going on has nothing to do with hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline vectorial

Anyone got hiv+ after more or less than 3months of possible Exposure?
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 03:45:49 am »
Hi, I am here to gather information on HIV. It seems like the current information that we had are not so accurate. I hope I can collect more data to help us all, to understand more about this virus. Thanks.
Questions:
1.Anyone tested positive after more or less than 3months of possible Exposure? When?
2.What is the method of possible transmission? Kiss, BJ, FJ, Drugs Injection, or any others?
3.Did you had any Symptoms before you go for a test? Please list it down.
3.What is the method of your test?Did you take any medicine currently?
4.Did you get better or worse health condition after take or did't take the medicine?
5.If you take the medicine, what is it? Did it give any side effect? or it is work great?
Thanks for joining this survey, as your honest information will be a huge help to  make people understand more about this HIV virus. I hope that one day someone can find the medicine that can kill all this HIV virus. Your participation is really needed. Thanks.

Offline komnaes

Re: Anyone got hiv+ after more or less than 3months of possible Exposure?
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 04:46:41 am »
..already tested after 12th weeks of last encounter and show negative result.

You have been told that you're NOT allowed to post here Vectorial as your last test is negative. Anyone not with a conclusive positive result cannot post here.
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Anyone got hiv+ after more or less than 3months of possible Exposure?
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 08:20:24 am »
Vec,

I removed your latest post that you placed in the I Just Tested Poz forum and put it here, with your original thread - which also had to be removed from Just Tested. This is the ONLY place you should be posting; here in Am I Infected and here in your own thread.

If you ever bothered to read the Welcome thread like I asked you to, you will have noticed the link to the Transmission Lesson. Go read it.

You have tested conclusively hiv negative. You don't have hiv. If you feel unwell, see a doctor. Whatever is going on has nothing to do with hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.