Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:37:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 220
Total: 222

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: features of the site  (Read 22405 times)

Offline wolfter

features of the site
« on: July 14, 2012, 08:04:10 am »
I see so many features here that people utilize and I have no idea how you all do it.

For example; some people make one post where they quote several people's comments and make comments to each.  I always have to make several posts to reply to each comment instead of doing so in just one post.

There are several other neat things I see, but I'll focus on one at a time and use this thread as a test.  Anyone willing to teach an old dog new tricks?  Did I just open myself up for ridicule?  :o  And please, refrain from posting comments to "google" it.

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
Re: features of the site
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 08:38:00 am »
I'm a big ole dummy too, and don't know to do all of that is this forum, so your not alone  ;)

HUGS

Dennis
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 09:16:19 am »
I do my quotes missionary style the way the lord intended us to do them . Those others are obviously using black magic or mac voodoo .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 09:29:15 am »
I see so many features here that people utilize and I have no idea how you all do it.

For example; some people make one post where they quote several people's comments and make comments to each.  I always have to make several posts to reply to each comment instead of doing so in just one post.

There are several other neat things I see, but I'll focus on one at a time and use this thread as a test.  Anyone willing to teach an old dog new tricks?  Did I just open myself up for ridicule?  :o  And please, refrain from posting comments to "google" it.

Wolfie

I think I may have figured it out.

I'm a big ole dummy too, and don't know to do all of that is this forum, so your not alone  ;)

HUGS

Dennis

We're not dumb, just haven't learned yet.
I do my quotes missionary style the way the lord intended us to do them . Those others are obviously using black magic or mac voodoo .

Missionary style?  No putting the little quote symbols behind our ears? :o

Offline denb45

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 09:35:37 am »
 Well, my hubby tells me I'm not the brightest star in the night time sky, but never the less, I'm easy to like , after I pay all the bills each month, of course  ;D  :D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline wolfter

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 09:41:22 am »
Well, my hubby tells me I'm not the brightest star in the night time sky, but never the less, I'm easy to like , after I pay all the bills each month, of course  ;D  :D

As I've often commented on my southern WVA boys, I prefer the hot dense types.   :o 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 10:52:58 am »

I think I may have figured it out.

I think you may have.

Have you ever tried the HELP pages?
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline wolfter

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 10:58:53 am »
I think you may have.

NO :(  I have a difficult time scrolling and reading thanks to having to zoom at 400%.

I'll try better in the future, now spank me....please.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 11:13:40 am »

Why, is it...

???

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 11:19:13 am »

NO :(  I have a difficult time scrolling and reading thanks to having to zoom at 400%.

Joking aside, have you tried the printable versions of the Help Lessons? They might be easier to read with zoom. Here's two, try them.

General posting.

Basics of using code.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 11:23:50 am »
I think you may have.

So how do I hide the URL when I am linking to a site - and instead have it have any word I want it to have overlaying the link - like you did above with the word "HELP" which is actually a link to the URL for the help page?????

As you have probably noticed, I always just put www. actualwebite . com (or whatever)  because I have never been able to figure out how you all put what ever words you want......  (Ms. P, Rev, Ann, MattyD, and a few others are so good at being able to this - and I want to be right up there with you all.)     

September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 11:44:35 am »
What you write out should look like what I've written in the box below:

Code: [Select]

[url=http://forums.poz.com/index.php?action=help][color=navy]HELP[/color][/url]

HELP

I usually add in the color=navy bit because it makes the link stand out a little better. Not an awful lot of difference, but this is without adding the color: HELP

You could also do it this way:

[url=http://forums.poz.com/index.php?action=help][b]HELP[/b][/url]

HELP

Or you could make it different colors, depending on your mood.

[url=http://forums.poz.com/index.php?action=help][color=green]HELP[/color][/url]

[url=http://forums.poz.com/index.php?action=help][color=red]HELP[/color][/url]

[url=http://forums.poz.com/index.php?action=help][color=purple]HELP[/color][/url]

[url=http://forums.poz.com/index.php?action=help][color=pink][b]HELP[/b][/color][/url]

HELP

HELP

HELP

HELP - notice I also added in bold on the pink link to make it stand out more with the lighter colour. It's still hard to see, but not as hard if I hadn't done that.

Get the pictar?

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 11:46:29 am »
Oh, and btw, you can also see how code was used in a person's post by clicking on the quote button. You'll see the code they used in your reply box.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 12:58:51 pm »
Oh, and btw, you can also see how code was used in a person's post by clicking on the quote button. You'll see the code they used in your reply box.

Thanks Ann!
That was extremely helpful.
I will have to digest it fully after I get more done on this online business expansion task I am working on..... it will actually be useful for some of the website mock-ups I have to do as part of the task.

HTML is all new to me - but something I need to know ---- not for any other reason than because I just really should know it.  I have put it off far too long, and now is as good a time as any.

Thanks again!
Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 11:50:50 pm »
I had also wondered how you name a URL, as many will do with "linky" or "see here." 

Something has been up with my laptop lately, but only with this site.  I can right click copy for a URL, but cannot right click paste.  I have to do Control "V" to paste.  Weird.  It's just with this site, but I'm sure it is my old laptop that needs replaced.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 03:41:56 am »
I had also wondered how you name a URL, as many will do with "linky" or "see here." 

I've been experimenting , and trying, and I still can't get "linky or click here" to work. Am I supposed to push the the hyperlink button?  LOL  :o

Maybe someone who is attending the AMG can show me, when we're up there.  If I see it done, then I will understand it.

Ray :P
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 08:49:11 am »
type the words "see here"
highlight the words and click the "insert hyperlink" button
that will give you this:
[url]see here[/url]
click after the first "Url"
type "=" and then type the link url
that will give you this:
[url=http://google.com]see here[/url]which will look like this:
see here
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 09:02:00 am »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 09:03:00 am »

Trying not to laugh too much ,  but it didn't work   ;D

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 09:04:56 am by J.R.E. »

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 09:06:35 am »

I'll try later , when my head is more clear  :P

72 YEARS YOUNG

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 09:50:55 am »
somehow what you ended up with was
[url=http://=http://google.comSee Here]=http://google.comSee Here[/url]when what you needed was
[url=http://google.com]See Here[/url]
keep trying though, you'll get it ..... eventually. LOL
at least this isn't as complicated as inserting a picture.  ;D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline denb45

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 10:42:07 am »
type the words "see here"
highlight the words and click the "insert hyperlink" button
that will give you this:
[url]see here[/url]
click after the first "Url"
type "=" and then type the link url
that will give you this:
[url=http://google.com]see here[/url]which will look like this:
see here

[url]"see here"]"see here"][url]"see here"[/url]

Oh well I tried  :( I need help I'm so dumb  :'(
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 10:44:52 am by denb45 »

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2012, 11:24:15 am »

What a great quote to read first thing in the morning, it really gets my imagination going  ;D

How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2012, 11:30:46 am »
[url=http://"see here"]"see here"][url]"see here"]"see here"]"see here"][url]"see here"[/url]

Oh well I tried  :( I need help I'm so dumb  :'(
the form for these kinds of links is:
the words for your link surrounded by the url, /url tags (enclosed in brackets), and the url link

part 1 - url=http://google.com (enclosed in brackets) like this
[url=http://google.com]
part 2 - then the link words like "google" or "see here"

part 3 - and then the end url tag
[/url]
so putting parts 1 - 3 together gives you:
 beginning URL tag with the link, then the link words, and then the closing URL tag

[url=LINK]LINK WORDS[/url]
[url=http://google.com]see here[/url]part 1 = url=http://google.com (enclosed in brackets)
part 2 = see here
part 3 = /url (enclosed in brackets)

follow these steps below exactly and you WILL make a link. ;) It should really be easy ;D as all you do is type some link words, turn them into a hyperlink and then add the web address

a) type the words SEE HERE
b) highlight those words
c) click the INSERT HYPERLINK icon
[url]SEE HERE[/url]d) right after the first "url", type "=http://google.com"
[url=http://google.com]see here[/url]e) click preview and post
see here

(you don't actually have to use the insert hyperlink button, if you type what's in the box in step d, you will make the link. You can then change the words "see here" and change "http://google.com" to something else and have a link of your own)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline denb45

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 11:45:31 am »
 :(  I'm with Ray, someone will have to show me how to do this on my notebook in my hotel room, that way I'll understand it if I actually see it Being done, I'll even buy lunch or Dinner  :D

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2012, 12:36:17 pm »
some of you are honest to goodness lost causes
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2012, 08:23:20 pm »
SEE HERE

OK !! I got it Heh,heh   ;D  Thanks Mikie !

Dennis, if you don't figure it out before hand, Ill show you @ AMG

PS  I had to sleep on it !   :D   

Ray
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 08:26:47 pm by J.R.E. »

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline denb45

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2012, 08:39:59 pm »

Ray, I won't figure it out by then, but YES I'd like that, looking forward to meeting you & Ed  @ AMG D.C. ;)

Ray
[/quote]

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2012, 08:40:16 pm »
Ok, here goes my attempt at it:

poz website search over the past 12 months according to Google Insights

I got it!!

I finally got around to following Ann's guidance -  Thanks Ms. Ann!
Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2012, 08:44:51 pm »
SEE HERE

OK !! I got it Heh,heh   ;D  Thanks Mikie !

next lesson  ;D to add an image

click the IMAGE button and between the two tags put the URL to the pix
[img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr3navql0Q1qh1rku.jpg[/img]note:  if you use a pix not elsewhere on the net, you will need to upload it first (like to photobucket), and then use the URL from there
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2012, 08:45:45 pm »
Good evening, boys....

To borrow some words from Mission Impossible

Your mission, should you choose to accept it will be to create a new post containing a LINK, a photo, and some formatted text   :o

don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2012, 10:11:15 pm »

LAWL... Please be nice to them. They're like innocent chirrens who've never been taught the basics.

"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2012, 10:20:13 pm »
Good evening, boys....

To borrow some words from Mission Impossible

Your mission, should you choose to accept it will be to create a new post containing a LINK, a photo, and some formatted text   :o

Let's confuzzle them a little more. 

To get an A+ in this mission, your pictar should link to another image.  Clicky clickee on teh hapee duckie below...

"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline wolfter

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2012, 08:28:33 am »

Some of us don't spend the majority of our existence online.   :o  But thanks for your opinion, it really means a great deal to me.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2012, 08:29:31 am »
Thanks for all who assisted us with figuring out some of the features.  I really appreciate it.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2012, 10:39:57 am »
Some of us don't spend the majority of our existence online.   :o  But thanks for your opinion, it really means a great deal to me.

That sure runs contrary to what I see you doing on facebook. But I'll give you points for taking time off to drink copious amounts of cheap wine in a box. Or is that Boone's Farm -- I forget?

Offline denb45

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2012, 12:03:56 pm »
OH  Kiss & makeup w/ each other already, let's not go down this ugly road shall we, life is too dam short  :-*

Hugs

Dennis in ABQ

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2012, 12:09:56 pm »

FINALLY, an avatar I can sink my teeth into!
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2012, 12:13:08 pm »
FINALLY, an avatar I can sink my teeth into!

Ah yes, and I have his personal instagram account as well. Thank goodness for Brazil!

(many apologies, however, for spending so much time on the internet! I don't know what else to do though seeing as how I've been a shut-in since October due to three surgical procedures. ::weep for me:: I consider myself lucky if I can masturbate once a week)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2012, 05:47:34 pm »

Yep, one of them would be me...I'd rather spend my time watching that man of yours climb out the pool.

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2012, 05:51:51 pm »
...I'd rather spend my time watching that man of yours climb out the pool.

It's rather hypnotic isn't it  ;)
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2012, 05:56:13 pm »
Care for something larger? His name is Diego.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2012, 06:04:43 pm »
I can't take my eyes off of it, especially the second one. It's like one of those black and white spirally things you used to see in the cartoons.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2012, 06:10:19 pm »
I can't take my eyes off of it, especially the second one. It's like one of those black and white spirally things you used to see in the cartoons.

Would you enjoy the complete video in high definition, full screen format posted in the youtube thread? One of the guys looks barely 18 and I know how you are...

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2012, 06:22:15 pm »
looks barely 18 and I know how you are...

::)
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline gulfcoastFL

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2013, 01:51:32 pm »

Thanks this was a real helpful thread, a lot of info
and a gift from Miss P that keeps on giving  :P .

Thank you!!! Miss Philicia!  :) :)

yours truly,
appreciator of art dude in Florida
"We all think and feel differently as the years go by"  Thank you, Grey Gardens.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2013, 03:13:17 pm »
I am still trying to learn my IPad on this site and others.  When you click on a YouTube link, for example, it opens up the YouTube app.  But, there's no way to get back here, except to close YouTube and reopen the browser.  Unless I am missing something, they should make an easy return feature. 

Another issue is many websites, mostly news sites, have video that says it requires Flash or some other program, but the IPad is not set up for it.  Sometimes, you can get around that by finding the video in other places that will play on IPad.  Or, when you can play the video, there's no share button or copy URL button. 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2013, 06:38:23 pm »
1) it's not a computer

2) perhaps you should have bought a non-Apple tablet

3) perhaps you should investigate these thing before shelling out $500

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2013, 07:30:49 pm »

Another issue is many websites, mostly news sites, have video that says it requires Flash or some other program, but the IPad is not set up for it.  Sometimes, you can get around that by finding the video in other places that will play on IPad.  Or, when you can play the video, there's no share button or copy URL button. 

1) it's not a computer

2) perhaps you should have bought a non-Apple tablet

3) perhaps you should investigate these thing before shelling out $500

I was seriously just going to buy an Ipad, but not now.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2013, 11:56:59 pm »

I was seriously just going to buy an Ipad, but not now.

2013 is the year of the Phablet!

Just wait until the Samsung Galaxy Note III comes out this summer. 6.3" OLED 1080p HD screen tablet but with phone capability and and 8 core Exynos 5 Octa processor. Think iPad Mini (7.9" screen) with a phone -- Apple is going to have to put a phone in their mini at some point. Phablets are the new rage in Asia.

Or maybe I'll get rid of my smartphone and have an iPad Mini and just use Facetime and/or Skype for all phone calls/texting, once the 4GLTE model is out and my Sprint plan has no data use limits. But only when they upgrade to a retina display and stronger processor.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.