Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:54:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 390
Total: 390

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Need help...tough times...  (Read 6659 times)

Offline Aegis_star26

Need help...tough times...
« on: December 14, 2006, 07:26:21 pm »
 Hello 19 yo female here :( Well.. here goes my and my boyfriend were talking and he confessed to me that he made one mistake that he deeply regrets but he came honest with me and fully truthful. He was  a little tipsy about 2 months ago on a night out with his friends and i found out that he received a blowjob from some unknown girl that i know of...:( it really hurt me but what kept my chin up is that we now after 2 months we love each other soo..much and were coming clean on everything iam so scared and not to mention that i found out by my girlfriends what he had done so i know exactly what happen:( thinking bout the fact that my boyfriend received a blowjob from someone else really hurt me but were getting through it.. I was only scared because im pregnant with his baby.  Now and im scared if anything HIV related to happen to me or my baby...he has done a full STD screen and was good for the most part. He was screened about a week after that had happened to him and he was clean for the most part only that he had chylamydia i believe and they gave em pills for it and its clear now and i just got pregnant his HIV was also negative... and i myself(Unaware of why until now..:( paid for his pcr exam which he did about 2 weeks after that and it was negatvie as well...It all became clear now why he was soo paranoid...he was really sad and felt bad about it. I need some words of advice...i dont wanna say men are dogs because i love him and noones perfect but it really hurt.. He follwed up with an antibody test at about 3 weeks and something days after that, and his most recent test was at 6 weeks and 5 days and that was negative as well. Well some honest words of encouragement would help any thing..

BTw i screened for stds as well and i was A ok thats whats got me smiling:) atleast..:(

Offline RapidRod

Re: Need help...tough times...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 07:30:06 pm »
You don't get HIV from getting a blowjob. So worrying about that incident is ridiculous. You don't need to test because he got a blowjob.

Offline Aegis_star26

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 07:32:36 pm »
I understand that you're a MOD but saying this is ridiculous seems kinda harsh..coming from someone whos suppose to be a professional about this....of course im gonna worry iam pregnant...thnx for the little but encouraging info...:(

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 07:35:20 pm »
Sorry, I just gave you the facts. Oh, by the way, I'm not a mod.

Offline Aegis_star26

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 07:38:15 pm »
I DO appreciate it though it's given me some piece of mind but at this point...it's not only me i have to look out for but my child as well but thank you very much...if you;re not a MOD what are you? because I see you answering Q's on the page so i assumed you were..take care hun.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 07:42:32 pm »
Qualifications 22 years positive and a paramedic for 32 years. If you would have read the "Welcome" thread, the very first post in the forum. You would have read the studies.

Offline Aegis_star26

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 08:50:53 pm »
Yea i just saw thanks...I was just scared i didnt know that there was no risk in a blowjob...im not very knowledgeable with HIV which is why i decided to ask for help:( . Plus it was with someone he didnt even know...well I guess this was a big lesson for him as well..as a girl i dont think you can understand that...but thnx

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 08:53:30 pm »
It is routine to test all pregnant women for HIV (well unless the woman refuses, but usually they don't).  If the doctor hasn't tested you yet, he/she will.  This is definitely not something you need to worry about from just a blowjob, but if you are still worried you can ask your doctor if you've had your test yet and he/she can show you proof of your negative result.
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline Aegis_star26

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 08:58:15 pm »
Yea thanks love...:) i been reading up on it and i just spoke to an MD about it as well he was saying that alot MDs out there have to get with the times he was showing me a convo he had with someone about a year ago http://www.medhelp.org/forums/STD/messages/524.html.

And he told me that i shoudlnt have even been worried but its normal being pregnant and all. But im awaiting my appt with my OB/gyno. Thank God you guys eased my mind as well as that doctor.Hes already retested at 6 weeks and 5 days its 8 weeks now after that incident so were trying to put this behind us but thank you guys for the support:)

Offline Aegis_star26

Back again..
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 12:57:39 pm »
Hello all well for the most part everything has been going great me and my bf have continued our monagmous relationship since that stupid mistake he made in receiving that blowjob from that girl. I am 8 weeks pregnant so far i feel pretty good. I coulnd't stand the worries i know you all were really helpful in telling me the no-risk factor in that situation he was involved in but i was just soo worried i decided to go a very good private health clinic(Referred to by my OB/gyno) that we have here in south florida. I payed for an antigen,antibody, and Nucleic acid test. it was a like a bundle package It costed me $$$$$$. I broke down there and explained to the nurse and the doc what had happened and like you guys they eased my fears alot.... the doc told me its safe to say that almost 8 weeks negative with an antibody,antigen,nucleic acid test that iam conclusively negative i know you guya are gonna kick me in the head for paying for all this but i was just so worried. Now i i didnt fully understand how these tests performed worked except for the  common antibody test but the nurse told me that the average time of seroconversion is 22 days, which is what i also saw here (HUGE RELIEF). And that the antigen reduces it to 16 and the nucleic one reduces the window period it to 12?!. Now i read here that the antigen has to be done at a certain point of exposure ONLY. Is that the same way  with the 12 days window period one??? im not an expert in all this but i do wish to be educated in this as well for future purposes.

Thanks alot guys keep up the good work 

Sara

Offline Aegis_star26

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 01:00:14 pm »
Forgot to add as well i also payed for all this because the CDC told me that there has been parts of the virus found in tears,urine,and saliva that SCARED THE HELL OUTTA ME thus made me test.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 01:19:29 pm »
Sara,

You are hiv negative. Your boyfriend was never at risk for hiv from getting a blowjob.

It's time for you to put this behind you and enjoy your pregnancy and last few child-free months - because you're going to be run off your feet for the next 18 years at least.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Aegis_star26

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 01:23:04 pm »
LOL ann thnx so much i can tell you're saying that from experience(Kids) :)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 01:28:57 pm »
Sara,

Yes, she's nearly twenty, a sophomore in college and she's still got me running around after her. ::) :D

By the way, I speak from experience on the rest of the subject too. My partner and I engage in oral, with no barriers and he's still hiv negative over seven years into our relationship. Now go put your feet up and relax.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Aegis_star26

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2006, 01:35:20 pm »
That was my main worry of all this(My Kid) i was soo scared because of that one stupid mistake he made that i would have to pay for it and contract HIV..i mean i still woulda stuck with him to the end but it was a very emotional and scary feeling for me. I wasn't fully knowledgable about the virus and any little throat pain or headache was scaring me regardless of pregnancy symptoms. My doctor even said to put it behind me because i shouldnt be stressing the baby..over something that i really wasnt at risk for.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.