Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:59:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 195
Total: 197

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: lordy, this makes me feel ancient...  (Read 7334 times)

Offline ademas

Offline Basquo

Re: lordy, this makes me feel ancient...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 09:57:09 pm »
Are you kidding?  I have this video on DVD!!!!!! ;D

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 09:57:59 pm »
Oh Yes...Big time ABBA fan here in Alabama...and don't remind me.  I feel older than dirt now.
I read last year where they were offered a huge amount of money to Tour Again and they flatly
refused.  Damnit! :'(

I LOVE ABBA
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 10:07:30 pm »
I LOVE ABBA as well, ever since I was a little kid. Listening to their songs, 90% of the time, always puts me in a good/better mood, even the sad ones like "The Winner Takes It All." I spose ABBA is already considered quaint or retro?

Jay
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 10:12:06 pm »
I have always loved ABBA.    I thought Mamma Mia was the cutest, most clever musical I had seen in ages, they way they worked all the ABBA songs into the story line....

For my cell phone "ring", I have ABBA's "Dancing Queen"......so I definitely know when my phone is ringing!
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline TedEBearNC

• ~Cuddly~
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 10:38:53 pm »
I LOVE ABBA!!!

My only regret is I never got to see them and chances seem pretty slim they'll ever tour again since they've refused.

I wanted to see Mamma Mia when it was here but missed it.  Hopefully it'll come back around again or I'll have to travel elsewhere to see it.
Member since March 2004

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 10:53:56 pm »
I hope you get to see it Phil, it is FANTASTIC.   One of those shows where the whole audience is on their feet, clapping and cheering and dancing.....

Alan

PS - I love the song "Fernando", but no one else seems to care for it much....
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 10:59:32 pm »
Um, are the people on this thread gay men?  :)
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 11:01:25 pm »
maybe... :P

The Canuck
(Who likes '' Fernando '' too )

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 11:02:15 pm »
Oh no, I love "Fernando" too! But I have too many favorites to single one out.

I hope everyone's seen Muriel's Wedding, a terrific Aussie movie with a great use of ABBA.

Offline ademas

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 12:15:34 am »

I hope everyone's seen Muriel's Wedding, a terrific Aussie movie with a great use of ABBA.

Seen it AND own it. 
I love that movie.
You're terrible, Muriel!
xox

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 06:52:43 pm »
Alan, Fernando is my favorite ABBA song.  Has been since I was little and listened to it on my mom's 8-track with the HUGE headphones on.  ROFL  (now there's an image we could all forget)  :D

I was so bummed when they refused to re-group and tour.  I would mortgage my house to see them live!!!
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 08:06:20 pm »
Goodbye Porpoise Spit! I've always wanted to say that.

Offline TedEBearNC

• ~Cuddly~
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 09:34:04 pm »
I love Fernando.  I think it is probably one of their best songs.  I don't have a particular favorite because I like just about all of them but one I used to play a lot was 'Like An Angel Passing Through My Room'.  It's a great lullabye and I used to listen to it a lot before going to bed at night.

Sad, I know. :P
Member since March 2004

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 05:34:17 am »
At the risk of being chased by an angry pitchfork-wielding mob, WOW, music videos have changed A LOT.

I couldn't help but laugh while watching it.
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Offline ademas

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 08:55:12 am »
At the risk of being chased by an angry pitchfork-wielding mob, WOW, music videos have changed A LOT.

I couldn't help but laugh while watching it.

Now keep in mind, Molten, dear, that this video was made in '74 or '75--a good 6-7 years before the birth of MTV.  Music videos weren't exactly the order-of-the-day back then.

Now where the hell did I leave my pitchfork...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.