Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:31:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37639
  • Latest: Glassxj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773168
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 216
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 201
Total: 201

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Shipping medication from BKK to HK - anyone experienced?  (Read 2526 times)

Offline ngaso

Shipping medication from BKK to HK - anyone experienced?
« on: May 23, 2020, 10:01:30 am »
Hi,
New here. Apologies if this question has been asked previous, if so please kindly direct me to the thread - I couldn't find if this topic has been discussed.

I travel to BKK every 6 months for regular check-up, due to Covid-19 I am not able to go back for check-up and my medication is running low. So the clinic in BKK arranged to ship for a few months supply, unfortunately HK Customs checked the package and found it was medicine. At the moment the package is being held at the customs - apparently I need a license which obviously I do not have. (I didn't know neither did the BKK clinic)

*Wondering if anyone experienced shipping medications from BKK to HK?
Most importantly now - how do I get the medications back from the HK Airport Customs?

I am desperately needing the medications.

Offline virgo313

Re: Shipping medication from BKK to HK - anyone experienced?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 10:15:32 am »
I am not from HKG so cannot say much on the customs rules.
If they say it is not possible without proper doc. then most likely you will not be able to collect meds.

If i am at your situation, I would “plea” with them using letter from BKK Dr.
Perhaps someone from NGO can try speaking with customs.
Very unlikely both this will works. Just ask them again  if there is any way to collect.

We do no know when covid will last. When boarders will open. So, I think “plan b” is needed which is look for a local ID Dr in HKG & getting medication in HKG. I am sure HKG has treatment for ppl poz.
RVD Nov 2015. VL --> Log 5.32 HAART on 23/11/15
TDF+FTC+EFV / Chemo KS - 25/11/15 - 20/01/16.
CD4 - 4 (3/11/15) / VL - 225,000

Offline joemutt

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 10:44:14 am »
No experience with mail to HK but I also lost a shipment out of BKK that way, couldn't retrieve it.
DHL and UPS required my license to export medicine on another occasion; I was successful with ordinary non-registered surface mail then.
Unfortunately the regular Thai post system is not guaranteed in this Covid19 time.

Offline ngaso

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 12:03:40 pm »

thank you both for the advice and tips.

will try to appeal with all the documents I have in hands.

Offline lifetoday

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 08:54:23 am »
Hi ! Any updates on your situation? Were you able to get the meds?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 09:14:00 am »
@lifetoday,

Welcome to the forum, as a new member of the HIV community can you please open an introduction thread and introduce yourself to the forum. I presume you are living with HIV? Let us know how are you doing, how the treatment is going etc.  It's standard for new members.

Thank you.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline terrymoore

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 02:06:52 am »
I suggest you buy in HK until things open up...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.