Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:46:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772955
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 467
Total: 468

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Latest Cd4  (Read 3727 times)

Offline DANIELtakashi

Latest Cd4
« on: January 15, 2017, 09:22:43 pm »
It was 360.
Three years have passed since l started the medication  and my doctor said that that might be the highest that could be expected.   

The new medication,  injection type, will be mainly applied to those who cannot be in control by themselves, the doctor said.  Conservative ideas?
Japanese National.
Language:  Japanese and English

Offline Mightysure

Re: Latest Cd4
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 09:42:21 pm »
I'm not familiar with your story, but that's a safe distance from the dreaded AIDS territory, so it's good in that sense.   
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for input on though.  No one can say for sure what our bodies will do.  It's typical for cd4s to level out after three years, but who knows what advancements in treatment they come up with and it may be able to climb higher with even better treatments.  Just focus on taking care of yourself and don't stress about it because stress definitely will not help.

Why are you using an injectable? Do you have a lot of resistance?

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 09:51:43 pm »
Thank you and sorry for not being clear.
I was in the waiting room at the hospital and could not write in a more clear wsy.

I was a bit concerned that the 300ish was not high enough after three years but nowl know it is safe.   The injection - l just thought it would be easier.

Just wrote what came through my mind.  Nothing more.

Japanese National.

Offline Mightysure

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 10:39:23 pm »
It's ok.  I've been there myself. I've written stuff while preoccupied and reread it afterwards and thought that I must have had a momentary lapse of sanity. LOL.

That's interesting that you have that option in Japan.  From my understanding, here in the United States, the injectable form of ARV is only for one medication and it's primarily for people who have been on several treatments before and have maor resistance issues. Do you have to do daily injections?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 01:29:56 am »
Congrats on the results.  8)

As for the injections there are a number of studies ongoing. Last one i saw updated was the Albuvirtide study interum results weekly injections in the clinc. https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=64841.0

Not a thing for me as it would simply be unpractical, even once a month would not suit and I'm happy with a pill a day system. However for people that it suits or have no other options sure when it becomes more available some people will choose this method.

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline TheNormalLife

• Rules have changed; giving up is never an option
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 07:29:50 pm »
Congratulations on the numbers!

Great to know that the weekly/monthly injection is well into the trial phase. I'll just keep waiting for the once every two months shot (if it ever comes), I am comfortable with the pill and kind of scares me to know that if I miss the dose it would be the equivalent of missing 7/15/30 pills (or whatever the substitution is).

Anyways, the thread is about you so... おめでとうございます

Ray
09/14 Conversion
12/14 Diagnosed
12/14 CD4-6; VL-4245 (wrong CD4 test)
01/15 CD4-530 (pheeew)
01/15 CD4-755
03/15 CD4-545; VL-14401
04/15 CD4-623; VL-4531
04/15 Truvada/Efavirenz
07/15 CD4-595; VL-UD
08/15 CD4-763; VL-UD
11/15 CD4-581; VL-UD
03/16 CD4-523; VL-UD
07/16 CD4-655; VL-UD
09/16 CD4-820; VL-UD
03/17 CD4-544; VL-UD
03/17 CD4-669; VL-UD

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 07:45:37 pm »
It was 360.
Three years have passed since l started the medication  and my doctor said that that might be the highest that could be expected.   

The new medication,  injection type, will be mainly applied to those who cannot be in control by themselves, the doctor said.  Conservative ideas?

ojo        HELLO AMIGO DANIEL...BE PATIENT, YOUR NUMBERS WILL INCREASE WITH TIME...I JUST POSTED MINE, IT TOOK ME NINE YEARS TO JUMPED FROM THE 300-400 TO THE 600+...JUST KEEP TAKING YOUR MEDS...BEST WISHES...HUGS     ARIGATO                                                                          OJO

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 07:08:42 am »
Mightysure, Jim, Ray,  TONNY,

Thank you for your comments.

From Japan
Japanese National.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 08:15:41 am »
Hi Daniel, I remained in the 350 range till just a few years ago, as Tony2 said be patient. I am just in the 550 range just recently after 20 years !
Everyone is different and progresses differently  :)

Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 09:22:53 am »
Wade,

Thanks much.
Yes, l will be patient and wait.
Japanese National.

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 09:44:45 am »
And Ray,

ありがとうございます。
Japanese National.

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 01:32:22 pm »
Not a thing for me as it would simply be unpractical, even once a month would not suit and I'm happy with a pill a day system.

If they could devise a one-every-three-months injection so it could coincide with clinic visits, and it had been around a while so it's ability to keep people UD was proven, then I'd be interested.

I'm less sure a monthly one would be a massive benefit. Having to go to the clinic every few weeks for a shot would be more invasive to me than taking a pill per day I think.
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 07:11:42 am »
Everyone is different and progresses differently  :)
why counsel patience?  ;D

the cd4 count is NOT a measure of healthiness nor of the strength of a person's immune system. It's simply a count of cd4s at a specific time. As long as a patient has above 200 cd4s, they are out of the danger-zone for OIs. The rest of an increase is based on staying med-adherent and a person's own genetics.

Years ago when I was talking to my doctor about my continued low cd4 count (in the low 200s for 12 years), he simply asked me if I had been sick. I told him no, that I hadn't been back in the hospital in years and years, and that I hadn't even caught a cold or had the flu in all that time. He then asked why I thought I "needed" more cd4s; it wasn't like I was going to be able to be more "not sick".   :D

so Dan, have you been sick or healthy lately? If you've been healthy that means your immune system has been working and more cd4s won't actually make you any "healthier" ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 07:13:34 am »
If they could devise a one-every-three-months injection so it could coincide with clinic visits, and it had been around a while so it's ability to keep people UD was proven, then I'd be interested.

I'm less sure a monthly one would be a massive benefit. Having to go to the clinic every few weeks for a shot would be more invasive to me than taking a pill per day I think.
exactly!

of course, here in the States at least, availability would still be based on cost. That cure for Hep C isn't just flying off the shelf because most pay sources don't want to pay a whole-year-worth-of-cost for a treatment all in one shot. :(
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 10:10:19 pm »
Cavey,  leatherman.

Thank you for your comments.
I have been all right except one cold since l got out of hospital .
Japanese National.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.