Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:27:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 404
Total: 404

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Hate This! Three Thrusts Unproteted  (Read 43133 times)

Offline Had Enough

Hate This! Three Thrusts Unproteted
« on: June 12, 2006, 06:19:21 am »
Guys Ive been here a while in the old forums and had many questions answered - im here just for a little more clarification as im feeling very worried and low as i have just been for an 8 week test but need to wait for 2 weeks for the results.

not sure if you remember - but i had two encounters - one was purely unprotected oral me to her and her to me, rimming, and anal and vaginal fingering - no vaginal or anal sex and the other exposure was the same but with vaginal sex where the condom burst I had only realised when i pulled out - i didnt ejaculate.

My worry - and i have read through various posts is surrounding the foreplay stuff oral, rimming me to her, cunnilingus and fingering - im aware that the condom breaking is a brief risk. should i be worrying about these forplay activities - i was under the impression that none of them where at all a risk of HIV infection until some posts seem to contradict and got me thinking again - any chance of some more clarification - i just want to get through these next few weeks while waiting for results - i take it that although 12 weeks is conclusive - 8 weeks is rediculously unlikely to change if it were negative.

thanks in advance for your help

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Oral, Fingering & a broken condom
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 07:35:05 am »
Had,

No, sorry, I don't remember you specifically from the old forum. You've changed your name and we get similar stories all the time.

The only risk you've had is through the condom break and even that is a very small risk. I've yet to see someone become infected with hiv because a condom broke and I'm fully expecting your eight week test to return a negative results. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus and more so from a woman to a man. You were protected up until the time of the break.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs. If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

And yes, when you collect what I expect will be a negative eight week result, that result is unlikely to change by week twelve.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 08:56:35 am »
Thanks Ann

So basically you are saying that there is no way i can catch HIV by recieving a blowjob, going down on a girl and or rimming? i was already aware that fingering was not a risk!!!

If so this really relives a great deal of my concerns - although the broken condom is a slight risk and i need to test to clear that, it takes all of these other concerns out of the equation and also maybe i can enjoy sex again in the future - i was getting scared of it - sounds stupid hey!!!!!

thanks again

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 09:04:26 am »
Had,

Yes, that is what I am saying.

Sexually speaking, hiv is transmitted through unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse and very rarely through GIVING a blowjob. And that's it.

Please read through the Welcome Thread for links to the relevant lessons. And also please read through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use those condoms with confidence.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple - I kid you not!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 12:39:45 pm »
Ann

could you possibly let me know your thoughts on an 8 week negative result for HIV after the encounters i had described in my posts. Would you consider this to be conclusive in my case or would you say that i need to test at twelve weeks. I was under the impression that i would have shown up positive if that was the case by now.

also i have been using some weight loss tablets would these potentially affect my results in anyway.

thanks in advance for your reply!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 03:21:30 pm »
Well, since you weren't at risk to begin with, I wouldn't have considered testing to be necessary at all. So your negative at 8 weeks is not a surprise. Ordinarily we recommend testing at 13 weeks, (following the CDC guideline). In this instance the only reason to test again would be for your peace of mind if you need that gold seal to let go of this unwarranted concern.

In general you should know that the average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the very smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks of a risky incident. So your negative test result for a non-risky situation is as good as gold as far as I am concerned.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 10:10:03 am »
Thanks Andy

Ann could you possibly add to this because you said i had a small risk with the condom break - Andy seemed to think i had no risk unless he missed it in my post, how would you consider my 8 week negative result based on my situation?

many thanks in advance

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 10:25:21 am »
Had,

Yes, I did say that a broken condom represents a very small risk factor for the insertive partner. I've yet to see an insertive partner test positive after a condom break.

Your eight week result isn't going to change and it's up to you whether or not you need the 12-13 week test for closure on this matter.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 12:01:12 pm »
Hi

I wonder if you can help me - i had my 12 week negative result as you predicted!!! i have had protected vaginal sex again since and im just so frightened every time - i have in the back of my mind that i could have got HIV from this incident now. I am under the impression from the forums that so long as i use a condom for sex i will never get HIV even if my partner was HIV poitive - is this correct?

what can i do to stop this fear - its really starting to ruin my life.

many thanks again

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 01:06:10 pm »
OK, there are a couple of separate issues here. First of all, your 12 week negative is as good as gold. You are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

Condoms provide very effective protection so keep on using one everytime you have intercourse. No exceptions and you'll be fine as far as HIV is concerned.

As far as the fears your mind keeps coming up with that's a whole other thing. Thoughts and feelings are not facts. Using a condom is a fact. Their effectiveness against HIV is a fact. So even though you may find yourself feeling anxious or wondering if everything is ok, as long as you use those condoms you will indeed be ok as far as HIV is concerned.

Eventually your fears may lessen and they may also continue to pop up every now and then. Take a breath and keep on going. Those thoughts and fears do not invalidate your negative test result nor do they alter the fact that condoms are protecting you as long as you use them consistently.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 06:26:30 am »
Hi Guys

Andy thanks so much for your response - I have taken it upon myslef to speak with a mental health professional that works in the STI field, I hope im doing the right thing!!!!! I am just so scared to have sex - casual sex that is !! after my 12 week negative result i have had protected sex once and recieved an unprotected blow job from a different girl. I just can get it into my head that there is no risk involved although stupidly i know there isnt!!!

can i be certain that HIV cannot be transmitted under the circumstances i mention here? is there anything you guys can add that may drill this home ie so long as i wear condoms for sex and although i recieve blowjobs unprotected there is absolutely no rosk for transmission and i have nothing to worry about even if my partner was confirmed to be HIV positive.

these irrational fears are taking over my life anything you may be able to add is much appreciated

many thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 07:06:42 am »
No, there isn't anything to add. Just because your head continues to come with more what ifs and buts doesn't change HIV science and  what you have already been told.

It's time to get on with your life.

Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 08:06:27 am »
Had,

Here's a novel thought: If you are uncomfortable having casual sex, stop having casual sex. Wait until you've become more comfortable with the idea that getting a blowjob won't get you hiv and using condoms correctly will prevent the transmission of hiv.

Check out the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can be sure you are using them correctly. A correctly used condom rarely breaks and will protect you against hiv infection.

It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Had Enough

Hate This! Three Thrusts Unproteted
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 01:26:44 pm »
dear all ive got myself in a state of panic again! whats are the chances of transmission after three thrusts unprotected vaginal sex only! i cant believe ive done this! please can anyone reassure me of the risk? itwas definately three thrusts only cos i paniced and stopped immediately. I know its not who but how u have sex but i know the girl pretty well and have no reason to think she would be infected with HIV.

please please hepl put my mind at ease

thank you

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Hate This! Three Thrusts Unproteted
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 01:44:16 pm »
Had,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Had,

It's unlikely that you would become infected from this incident but as you are not 100% sure of the woman's hiv status, you would be wise to test. Please re-read your thread to refresh your understanding of the window period.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 01:47:28 pm »
hi ann

many thanks for your reply! how unlikely would this be? i know its hard to say but how difficult is HIV to transmit

thank you

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 01:53:27 pm »
Had,

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus and more so from a woman to a man. It is very unlikely you would become infected from such a brief (possible) vaginal exposure, but not impossible.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 01:59:47 pm »
hi ann

im really frightened! not sure wat to do!

how do we know its difficult from women to men

thanks again

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 04:16:07 pm »
sorry just to add to that questions what conditions need to be in place for a successful transmission to take place - i hear of the right cells coming into contact, specific environments ie temperature etc etc - i am cricumcised and have no cuts or abrasions does that minimise the risk at all.

hope you dont mind elaborating on this for me - it will really ease my mind

thank you

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 05:55:13 pm »
We know it's more difficult to transmit from women to men than vice versa because of statistics and because the vagina (and anus) form much more receptive settings for HIV than getting through the urethra of the penis.

Given that your single incident was very brief the odds against transmission having occured are overwhelmingly in your favor.

Get tested at 13 weeks just to be sure. You can all the intercourse you want with whomever you choose. Just make sure you use a latex condom everytime and you'll be fine as far as HIV is concerned.

I expect you will come out of this incident ok, but don't tempt fate again. Use condoms.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 05:14:48 am »
Guys

is it really so difficult to transmit HIV from a female to male - I understand this does happen however is this really a rare event - after insertion for no more than 10 seconds would it be rediculously unlikely for me to contract HIV from this incident? I just want to put things into perspective thats all to ease my worry.

i presume its difficult to transmitt when the person is HIV+ and not just because there are less heterosexuals females with HIV for example not sure thats a correct statement just giving an example

hope you can clarify again

mant thanks

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 09:19:58 am »
can anyone add to my comment above

your help is much appreciated

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 09:30:06 am »
Like you already understand. It's difficult to transmit from female to male but it has happened. Some have contracted HIV on the first exposure and some have had hundreds of exposures and have not contract it. You could prevent all this worry by correctly using a condom.

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2006, 06:14:54 pm »
Thanks Rapid

ann or andy can you add to my post above - just to clarify how low the risk is thought to be

sorry just for ease of mind over xmas

many thanks

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2006, 07:01:49 pm »
Ann or Andy please can you elaborate! Andy states that the odds are overwealmingly in my favour how can i put this into perspective?

is it really so difficult to transmit HIV from a female to male - I understand this does happen however is this really a rare event - after insertion for no more than 10 seconds would it be rediculously unlikely for me to contract HIV from this incident? I just want to put things into perspective thats all to ease my worry.

hope you dont mind i know rapid has also kindly added his comment

many thanks once again

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2006, 07:33:04 pm »
Had,

All this has already been explained to you.

You've been coming to this forum for - what, about a year now? If you haven't learned the basics by now, I'm not sure what more we can do for you. We're not here to hold your hand for three months every time you have a sexual encounter.

I would suggest it would be more appropriate for you to seek some face-to-face help with your sexual anxieties. I'm afraid that is outside our remit.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2006, 06:00:04 am »
Ann

i appreciate your comment and i apologise for being a hassle. I was just trying to get my head around the reality of catching HIV from this incident. I also just read an article that circumcision reduces HIV transmission by half - and that was on this website so i presume it is a good source (in the news section ) i am circumcised too soo this helps ease my mind in addition to the fact that i only inserted for a matter of seconds.

please dont think im being a pain - i f you do fee you can add to this i would much appreciate it if not i truley understand

many thanks for all your help in the past

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2006, 07:57:42 am »
It's time for you to call a halt on this what if stuff and your anxious quest for more reassurance.

We've given you the real deal about risk and non-risk. Only an HIV test taken at the proper time will give you a final and reliable answer to a question about your HIV status.

If you're going to be having intercourse then you have to use a latex condom everytime. That's not complicated. It does require a committment to do it everytime and implicitly to behave responsibly about your own health.

Stop with the handwringing and the quest for yet one more reassurance that you'll come out ok from this latest incident. Your risk was slight and brief. The great likelihood? You're going to test negative again.

Get on with your life in the meantime. If you can't do that then get yourself some professional help to deal with this and your sexual anxiety in general. We can't provide that service for you here.

Andy Velez

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2007, 11:12:02 am »
Andy i understand your comments!

I did read an article in the news section of this site which stated circumcision reduced the risk level by 50% also. I am circumcised so i presume this would reduce my risk even more substancially from what you already refer to as almost nil. is this correct?

why does circumcision reduce the risk so much?

i will be testing however your comments have really encouraged me to get on with my life in the meantime

many thanks - if you can kindly respond to this - this is my final question

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2007, 11:23:09 am »
I'm sure you are capable of searching the web, so give it a whorl and I bet you'll find the information easily.

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2007, 12:56:46 pm »
Hi Rodney

I thought thats what you advised people not to do due to mis-interpretation and bad information

I tried and found thebody.com they say cunnilingus is a risk whereas you dont - now im confused!!
They also state figures on transmission risk too!!!

many thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2007, 02:01:34 pm »
We don't do figures. What good are they ei. 20000/1, would you know by looking at those figures if you are #1 or #20000? NO you don't have any idea. You do not get HIV infection from receiving a blowjob or going down on a woman. It's not a low risk, it's a NO risk.  Did you search this site for circumcision? Took me 2 secs to find write ups on the subject.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 02:07:16 pm by RapidRod »

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2007, 03:32:09 pm »
thanks Rod

thanks for clarifying re the figures etc

I did find out about circumcision - basically its to do with the cells associated with the foreskin and also the weakness of the skin sorounding the foreskin.

on a whole i have reduced my risk by estimated 50% by being circumcised - therefore my brief encounter was almost nil risk

does that sound right to you?

cheers

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2007, 05:36:55 am »
on a whole i have reduced my risk by estimated 50% by being circumcised - therefore my brief encounter was almost nil risk

Had,

That is dangerous thinking. Anytime you put your unprotected penis into the anus or vagina of another person, you are risking hiv infection. It's as stark as that. Do NOT count on circumcision to offer you any protection against hiv infection. You MUST use condoms.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2007, 11:33:30 am »
Hi Ann

i wasnt dismissing that there is a risk involved in my encounter - i was simply highlighting or looking for clarification on the fact that it is now documented that circumcision rewduces the risk by 50% - it states this on this website.(news section)

Andy already said it is highly unlikely that i would have become infected in this instance as did you! circumcision must also be a benefit to me also reducing my risk even more so.

basically if you havent realised im crapping myself over this situation

sorry to be a pain

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2007, 01:32:06 pm »
Had,

I'm just worried that you or anyone else reading this thread will think they can go out and chance having unprotected intercourse because they are circumcised. You said you believed this reduced your risk to "almost nil". This is not true. You have had a risk. It doesn't happen all that often that a man becomes infected with hiv after one single unprotected vaginal incident, but it can and does happen. This is why you must test and this is why you MUST use condoms, cut or uncut.

I still do expect you to come out of this ok - but I don't want you to become complacent.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2007, 09:33:32 am »
Hi

its me again - the pain in the arse!!! my apologies!

i thought my fears of HIV were getting better however once again they are coming back to mess with my head!!

i had sex with a romanian prostitute in Spain recently - i wore a condom for sex and for oral sex also she was very careful and i was too - i obviously dont know her status - am i being rediculous here?? if i was fully protected at all times there is no need to test again right even if it we knew that she was HIV+?

i am still waiting to test for my last breif encounter mentioned above in my posts - i think i will go next week which will be 8 weeks so if thats negative would you say that would be enough for closure based on my situation?

i know i need to see someone about these anxieties can you advise on what sort of person i would need to speak to - i have tried councelling at the GUM clinic however as you can see its obviously not been successful - i just want to enjoy my sex life again and yes be careful but not worry everytime i have a sexual encounter.

I am at the beginning of a new relationship well hopefully its going to go that way  and although its very early days for us i dont want to ruin things due to my HIV anxietes.

your help is much appreciated as always

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2007, 10:15:52 am »
No risk.  8 weeks should be sufficient for a no risk situation.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2007, 05:53:07 pm »
Ann or Andy can you possibly comment

many thanks in advance

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2007, 06:38:50 pm »
At this point what would you expect us to day about oral and using a condom for intercourse? You know the drill. You just want some hand holding. Your incident with the Romanian sex worker did not put you at risk. Period.

Nothing has changed in relation to what you have been told already.

And if you are going to be anxious everytime you have tom cat around then maybe you need to re-think what you do and whom you do it with. If your behavior is making your life unmanageable then maybe you need to change your behavior?
Andy Velez

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2007, 07:21:54 am »
Thanks Andy

I agree i have a problem with this in my post i asked who would be the best person to speak to about it and try to sort my mind set out!

i was given councelling by a mental health professional at the clinic but as you can see the problem persists! And that person is no longer at the GUM clinic! who do you suggest i approach for help?

many thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2007, 07:35:58 am »
Another mental health professional.

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2007, 12:17:29 pm »
Hi Andy or Ann

sorry guys i intend to get over this - my request for hand holding as andy refers to it is I agree getting silly, however this is my current mental state and i dont know what to do!!

I appreciate im on the verge of a time out however please kindly confirm the following:

1 - sex with a condom is totally protected and if it had broken I would have definatley known about it.
2 - sex with a sex worker doesnt put me at any greater risk than it would with a civillian.
3 - HIV is hard to transmitt from woman to man - even when we assume she is HIV+ and unprotected
4 - some people say sex with a sex worker is often safer as they take more precaution! what is your stance on this?
5 - circumcision reduces the risk of transmission
6 - even if a condom did break it would still be low risk presuming she was HIV+

I must apologise - i appreciate there are other people here with problems too, please be aware of how grateful I am to you all

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2007, 03:12:17 pm »
1-correct
2-correct (the virus does not discriminate, I am a VP of a company and I have it)
3-Correct
4-see question #2  ALWAYS wear protection
5-correct (condoms reduce it to nil)
6-correct but you would know if it did  SEE QUESTION #1

RIDE!!!

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2007, 09:50:59 am »
Hi

if you pulled a condom off with a wart on your finger and that came into contact with fluids on the condom could you become infected this way?

sounds rediculous i know but could this have happened as i have a wart on my finger that has been there for a while now and it certainly would have touched the condom when i took it off after sex.

please dont just say stop looking for what if scenarios !!

many thanks

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2007, 10:27:40 am »
NO

NOW stop looking at what if scenarios!!!
RIDE!!!

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2007, 10:55:26 am »
Thanks

Why No Tho?

cheers

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2007, 11:09:47 am »
Had,

The answer to your wart question is NO because hiv transmission does not happen successfully outside the human body. This is why the primary risk is unprotected intercourse, when the exchange of bodily fluids happens inside the vagina or rectum. Hiv quickly becomes damaged and unable to infect when it finds itself outside the body.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Had Enough

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2007, 05:55:39 pm »
Hi

Just a quick question !!

what does a syphilis chancre sore look like? is it an open sore what could you compare it to?

also could it appear on your belt line?

thanks

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2007, 06:03:20 pm »
Google it.  You will find it.
RIDE!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.