Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:03:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 596
Total: 596

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: OK, who was  (Read 5723 times)

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
OK, who was
« on: November 28, 2006, 09:57:17 am »
having unprotected sex with the gorilla

Gorilla Virus Source of Some HIV Infections
https://www.poz.com/article/Gorilla-Virus-Source-of-Some-HIV-Infections-10916-3119
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 05:12:56 pm by iana5252 »

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
Re: OK, who was
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 10:29:07 am »
I am not sure if was sexual, maybe by eating the raw chimp and gorrlla meat...my guess...
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 11:03:37 am »

This is the shit we get for shooting KING KONG off the Empire State Building!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 12:12:13 pm »
Man Ive been on some bad Dates, but ....
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 12:35:58 pm »
Jack,
   In this part of the world, primate meat is eaten for food, it is sold in local markets as "bush meat" The theory is that at some point, someone cut themself with a while butchering a monkey for the market, and the transfer from one species to the other was made at that time.
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline Lwood

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 12:50:07 pm »
abq,

What the hell part of the planet are you On ???    seriously, I thought you were in Albuquerkie... guess not, theres probablly not too much of a market for Ground Ape  ( Ape Balls ?? anyone for some Ape Loaf ??   C'mon who wants a Gorilla Burger ?? )   

I have a bit of a problem with the " Cut Hunter " theory of HIV / SIV  spread to Humans
 but hey what can you do ??

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 01:16:36 pm »
Lwood,
   Good to see you around again! Your last post makes me wonder, exactly where does Gorilla Glue come from?

Offline Lwood

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 01:55:43 pm »

Ya, Ive always wondered that too

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 02:14:48 pm »
that glue is the color of Pepsi

no wonder it's called "gorilla"

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 03:35:42 pm »
I am not sure if was sexual, maybe by eating the raw chimp and gorrlla meat...my guess...

That's what I was gonna say earlier.  Ya beat me to it.  I have the feeling this was a mutational jump that happened through another route of blood-to-blood tranmission than one of a sexual nature.  Either eating of the raw meat, or perhaps by exposure to the blood immediately after a kill...perhaps through a fresh cut on the hand that occured during the kill. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline randym431

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 07:40:25 pm »
Owwww maybe hiv is man made, in a lab. If you wanted to test it in the real world what do they experiment on? Apes and monkeys (and mice, but they are harder to catch).
Soooo, if you had this hiv thing you created, and wanted to test it in the closest things to humans and the real world, why not inject it into a community much like a human community, the ape family. Apes, monkeys and gorillas have their own human-like community, and you could set back and see if it progresses as you think it would, or not. And if it does.... oh what a weapon. And how was it hiv originated out of these mammals anyway? Very strange….
Conspiracy? Or just sustiva side effects? Will we ever know?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 07:42:17 pm by randym431 »
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 09:08:47 pm »
I think if this was the case, woldn't it have been done in lab animals rather than wild ones? The other question is in regards to the HIV as a weapon school of thought. Why waste the time on a weapon that can take up to and more than 20 years to kill its targets. As far as that goes, there are many more efficient bio-weapons out there both in terms of time to kill, as well as method of spreading. Just my humble two cents worth.  Capt.Carl.

Offline fearless

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 09:35:53 pm »
Mmmmm... I think it was a pack of bear's that did me, but they could have been gorillas, I guess. I had my back to them so can't be 100% sure.  :o
It sure as hell, was no puncie chimp.

Steve
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline randym431

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 08:04:26 am »
I don’t really believe this conspiracy of a man made hiv, but you have to consider it most likely would have been back in the 1950's, when something like this probably would have been conceived. After WWII, all types of weapons were no doubt thought of, and development acted on to some extent. Many that have never seen the light of day, buried deep in a dark place from public and political view forever.  Both short term and long term weapons were no doubt pondered over by many experts. After all, after WWII the scare was there, the military had all the funding in the world, and accountable to no one.

I'm sure they played many war games and covered every situation, even the wildest. And if hiv was a man made virus, maybe gone amuck, I doubt its invention was to target any certain group. More so just something to have as an "option" in some unknown future attack or threat situation. More so a secret covert CIA type of thing. Wiping out an enemy or threat long term as not to look to obvious as dropping a bomb. One could run wild with conspiracy thoughts, and many have.
You know, we had a president, JFK, assassinated. MLK, Robert Kennedy, and a whole load of strange happenings back then .We may never know the true motivation behind the tragedies and happenings back then. Or the extent of the spider web.

Then too, you had a dark devious man like Nixon as president. One can only wonder what really was going on over those years in the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s. Its kinda naive to think its as simple as we were led to believe. <start twilight zone music>

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 08:13:41 am »
ROFL, I don't know what it's made up of,  but their corporate office is on Redbank Rd. in Cincinnati.  :) You need to go five exits down to Taft Rd. to get to the zoo.

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 08:40:42 am »
Randy, Nixon was a liar(a very bad one) but no family has been as devious in US politics as the Kennedys.
There are many theories on the Kennedy assassinations. My favorite and one I think is most possible has much to do with Ole Joe Kennedy, the bootlegger and gangster who tried to go legit. The story goes like this. Joe Kennedy had a history of screwing people he did business with. Unfortunately he did this on several occasions with the Chicago Mob early in his career before he went legit. Unbeknownst to his son he approached Sam Giancanna,who Joe had screwed in a deal decades earlier,and asked Sam if he could help JFK win the presidency. Joe was one of few people who had screwed Sam and remained breathing. Sams sop was to kill anyone who crossed him or disagreed with him. Sam let it be known to Joe that he expected future favors or at least the Feds to look the other way in the ongoing mob investigations. Sam was the most ruthless and powerful of all US gangsters.
Well, Sam delivered the Chicago vote and did some handiwork in West Virginy, and JFK won a close election. Immediately Bobby Kennedy began to attack the Chicago Mob in the newspapers, not knowing of his fathers deal. He started congressional investigations bringing Mobsters in front of congress.
Jack Ruby,who shot Oswald,was an employee of Sam Giancanna's in Chicago,New Orleans, and Dallas. He operated strip clubs and other ops for Sam. He also made several trips to Cuba in the prior year.
There is also the fact that JFK and Sam G. had the same girlfriend.
Sam had a history of setting up hits using people considered as wackos and outsiders,when he didnt feel like pulling the trigger himself.
Sams brother has said Sam told him he killed both of them.
Sirhan Sirhan said he killed Bobby in the name of Allah, because he was a supporter of Israel.
Who knows?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 08:42:49 am by jack »

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 09:09:06 am »
Jack, Exactly what the fuck does this have to do with the original content of this tread? If you want to go off on one of your stupid paranoid conspiracy theories, please start a new thread with an appropriate subject heading. Something along the lines of Yet Another Conspiracy About Liberals Trying To Take Over The Universe And Force Us Into Socialized Medicine or something along those lines, that way you could cover all the bases in one shot from Evil Hillary and Bill, to the Killer Kennedies, all the way up to the Scheming Slackers trying to bankrupt America through student loans.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 12:15:11 pm »
Jack,
   In this part of the world, primate meat is eaten for food, it is sold in local markets as "bush meat" The theory is that at some point, someone cut themself with a while butchering a monkey for the market, and the transfer from one species to the other was made at that time.

This part of the world?  Arent you in Albequerque????????
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 10:57:43 pm »
Yeah, but if you lived here you'd think that you were there too! Actually, the "this" in the statement shoudl have been a "that" so to speak....
   Capt.Carl.

Offline Lwood

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2006, 11:05:30 pm »
And here I thought that I got it The OLD SCHOOL way...  but this is an interisting bit of deniability... It was that Gorilla, Really...

Lwood
who seiously wonders how long it will be before someone logs is as" WorriedWell Zoo Worker.."

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2006, 11:07:17 pm »
Lwood,
I have something that needs sealed, can I borrow some of your glue:?  ;D

As for the ape thing, well, I really can't say. The steamroom and maze were dark that night.

I did know a delightful Guatamalan who could hump like a bunny for extended periods.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Does that count?

HUGGLES,

Mark
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 11:10:09 pm by aztecan »
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline fearless

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2006, 12:24:00 am »
Hey Mark,

You usually find rats in mazes. just saying
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline randym431

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 03:59:08 am »
Don’t blame Jack. I was the one who went off subject (as I tend to do).
I agree with you, Jack, that JFK probably won likda like GW won in 2000.
Nixon could have probably fought that. Who knows why he did not...
And JFK did seem to have mob ties. And Herbert Hover a cross dresser.
Thos were sure “strange days” indeed. We probably have no clue as to the truth, and never will (as Ruby once said).

But I guess my detour off subject was speculating just HOW apes, monkeys or gorillas could have acquired the virus in the first place??? It could have been just nature. Or as I suggested, some man made influence possibly??? That’s all.

Now... back to our regular scheduled program...    ;)

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2006, 08:21:45 am »
Nixon had his shot and look where it got him. Poor Tricky Dicky.

By the way Randy, it was J. Edgar Hoover who was the cross-dresser, not Herbert Hoover. J. Edgar was the head of the FBI and a real scumbag.

Now, back to the thread. I think it occurred naturally, then mutated, as HIV is prone to do anyway. It doesn't really matter, because its here now.

By the way Steve, yep, there were some rats in that maze as well! ;)

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2006, 11:50:25 am »
I agree with you, Jack, that JFK probably won likda like GW won in 2000.
Nixon could have probably fought that. Who knows why he did not...

Nixon lost because he was sweating and didn’t use make-up or know how to play to the camera. Kennedy won because he was young and good looking.

Lwood,
I have something that needs sealed, can I borrow some of your glue:?  ;D

Mark

Mark, there is not enough glue in this world to seal that crack shut. ROFLMAO!
 ;D ;D ;D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.