Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:36:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773274
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 390
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 358
Total: 358

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: We early voted today....  (Read 19614 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
We early voted today....
« on: October 19, 2020, 03:31:00 pm »

... Here in Pinellas County, Florida. Not all counties as this point are early voting.

Since we had our Ballots mailed to us, all we had today, was drive to one of the 25 county ballot drop box sites.

It went well.  Never had to leave the car, the poll worker took the two ballots from us, and we watched as he placed them in the ballot lock box.

For those that haven't voted yet, Vote early and vote often !   ;D

Ray  8)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

Re: We early voted today....
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 03:34:57 pm »
On another subject matter,...

I also reauthorized my Ryan White today. This is the second time I reauthorized from home, without having to drive 25 miles. So, I am all set for another 6 months.

Ray  8)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 08:58:12 pm »
Requested Mail Ballot too.  👍
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline MitchMiller

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 03:00:18 am »
Be sure to track your ballot.  To be sure my vote is counted, I will be voting in person tomorrow (10/22) here in Las Vegas.  We have a mask mandate so nobody is permitted in a polling place without a mask.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/10/signature-matching-is-the-phrenology-of-elections/616790/

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 04:55:35 pm »
Be sure to track your ballot. 

Oh yes, We will,!!  This is only the second time we voted this way, and there was no problem the first time in the primaries. We go right to the election office site, where we can track the ballot, and that site will notify us, when the vote is officially counted.

Take Care--- Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 08:02:55 pm »

8)  Our two ballots, have been officially counted ! Checked the voting site today. We've done our duty !

Ray  8)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 06:20:02 am »
We live in a small city in our county that just happens to be the county seat. Since the Board of Elections is barely a mile away in the newly built Government Building, my husband and I cast our in-person absentee (which certainly sounds like an oxymoron) ballots on the 2nd day of voting back on Oct 6. Everyone was masked and we were in-and-out within about 10 minutes and it couldn't have been easier.

our friends on the other side of the county already mailed in their ballots which have been received, though not opened or counted until 7am on Election Day. I saw a poll that says about 75% of Dems will vote early and 75% of Repubs will wait until Election Day and those numbers, based on the people I know, certainly seem to apply here in South Carolina too. Even though I always enourage everyone to vote, hopefully long lines will discourage Republican votes on Nov. 3rd  ;D ;D and Lindsey Graham will finally be kicked out of office. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline delilah07

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 07:34:49 pm »
I voted a few weeks ago. It was kind of an easy process. I recieved my ballot in the mail, voted, signed, and put it in the mailbox.

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2020, 06:27:43 am »
My Mail-in Ballot was received and counted too. 👍📜
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline virgo313

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2020, 10:28:49 am »
I have been following up with US election news. Wonder when can we expect the result as in who will be the next president? I mean I read that result will not be known till a later date after 03 Nov.
RVD Nov 2015. VL --> Log 5.32 HAART on 23/11/15
TDF+FTC+EFV / Chemo KS - 25/11/15 - 20/01/16.
CD4 - 4 (3/11/15) / VL - 225,000

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2020, 11:31:50 am »
I mean I read that result will not be known till a later date after 03 Nov.
it takes time to count the votes cast (early voting in oct, election day nov 3, late ballots). then the states certify the results (various dates through nov - dec 13), followed by the electoral college casting votes (Dec 14) and the Congress certifying those results (jan 6, 2021)

unfortunately Americans have gotten used to the media predicting the winner (based on statistical measures of ballot results already reported by not yet state certified) as early as election night or the next morning. However it's not until Jan 6th that an actual winner is officially declared. In 2001 Democrats held up the Senate certification (Bush v George case) and the winner wasn't official until Jan 6.

Sadly, it seems our current POTUS will stir up even more animosity and trouble if the outcome (though uncertified and unconstitutional) isn't announced soon after the polls close on Nov 6.  ??? :-[  >:( >:(

https://ballotpedia.org/Election_results_certification_dates,_2020
https://theconversation.com/who-formally-declares-the-winner-of-the-us-presidential-election-145212

so you can expect predictions on the outcome as soon as the night of Nov 6. However, I am expecting civil unrest, mistrust, changing results (as all ballots are constitutionally added and unconstitutionally rejected), lower court lawsuits, possible if not probable supreme court rulings - all delaying and confusing the result for who knows how long. The only thing for sure is that a President (old or new) will be sworn into office on Jan 20 as Constitutionally decreed.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline virgo313

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2020, 12:23:13 pm »
Thanks

Offline virgo313

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2020, 05:32:17 am »
Leatherman,

Ur prediction is 110% correct. It will be a “messy” 2.5 months till a president is announced.

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2020, 06:09:24 am »
I am way beyond speechless and being utterly disgusted.  :-X

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2020, 06:22:51 am »
So much I could say, ill just leave it with 4 more years of Trump was expected regardless of the vote.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2020, 04:22:23 pm »

It's not over yet !!

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2020, 09:24:48 pm »
 :o

Cmon Arizona and Nevada,.... We're counting on ya !!

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline fabio

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2020, 11:28:22 am »
It sure takes long for the results....

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2020, 02:56:35 pm »
It sure takes long for the results....
actually if you posted that as an American, I would call you out for being a right-wing propogandist trying to stir up dissatisfaction of the system.  ;)  :)

The state-counts being fully certified by each state doesn't finish until mid December and it's not until Jan 6, 2020 that the results are 100% official.

The results have always taken this long to finalize. We're all just not used to America being quite so polarized.

Instead of a winner easily being projected, because the gap between candidates was large enough to statistically estimate a winner, we're now stuck with a process that needs to collect data down to handfuls of people in counties within states to project a winner - sadly much like what happened in 2016. Trump's victory in 2016 only came quickly because the outdated Electoral College count, which overrides the popular vote, clocked him as winner with 304 votes - above the 270 a candidate needs to reach to win. It's now a waiting game to count fewer and fewer votes to see which candidate will get enough of those electoral college votes.

IMHO it's a horrible issue to see the projected results take so long. It shows just how divided America is with itself. Though no longer a religious person, it's hard to throw off decades of Biblical teaching and I'm reminded of Mark 3:25 KJV "And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand."

I find myself saddened by this election, while the 2016 results shocked me. I really had thought Clinton would have won as Trump wasn't a politician but a semi-failed business man. His winning was truly unexpected. During these last 4 years, I have clung to an old notion of mine that the vast majority of humans really were much more good than bad. I explained Trump's win as an electoral college fluke and that surely only about a third of Americans were actually ignorant enough, hateful enough, or immoral enough to vote for any Republican (much less Trump). Now by this vote riding on such a razor thin margin, I see that in actuality half of Americans are either incredibly ignorant or immorally deplorable Half!?!?  :o

I've disowned friends and family now, and still there are a few more that I will probably have to cut myself off from. Living in a small "red" town in a "red" state, I eye my neighbors and wonder which ones, bearing the brunt of the bad policies that they voted for, are also my enemies who would gladly have my marriage, life and employment ripped from me.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline fabio

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2020, 03:28:11 pm »
actually if you posted that as an American, I would call you out for being a right-wing propogandist trying to stir up dissatisfaction of the system.  ;)  :)

The state-counts being fully certified by each state doesn't finish until mid December and it's not until Jan 6, 2020 that the results are 100% official.

The results have always taken this long to finalize. We're all just not used to America being quite so polarized.

Instead of a winner easily being projected, because the gap between candidates was large enough to statistically estimate a winner, we're now stuck with a process that needs to collect data down to handfuls of people in counties within states to project a winner - sadly much like what happened in 2016. Trump's victory in 2016 only came quickly because the outdated Electoral College count, which overrides the popular vote, clocked him as winner with 304 votes - above the 270 a candidate needs to reach to win. It's now a waiting game to count fewer and fewer votes to see which candidate will get enough of those electoral college votes.

IMHO it's a horrible issue to see the projected results take so long. It shows just how divided America is with itself. Though no longer a religious person, it's hard to throw off decades of Biblical teaching and I'm reminded of Mark 3:25 KJV "And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand."

I find myself saddened by this election, while the 2016 results shocked me. I really had thought Clinton would have won as Trump wasn't a politician but a semi-failed business man. His winning was truly unexpected. During these last 4 years, I have clung to an old notion of mine that the vast majority of humans really were much more good than bad. I explained Trump's win as an electoral college fluke and that surely only about a third of Americans were actually ignorant enough, hateful enough, or immoral enough to vote for any Republican (much less Trump). Now by this vote riding on such a razor thin margin, I see that in actuality half of Americans are either incredibly ignorant or immorally deplorable Half!?!?  :o

I've disowned friends and family now, and still there are a few more that I will probably have to cut myself off from. Living in a small "red" town in a "red" state, I eye my neighbors and wonder which ones, bearing the brunt of the bad policies that they voted for, are also my enemies who would gladly have my marriage, life and employment ripped from me.
Oh no,I'm not trying to stir up stuff Haha,but I'm watching the whole situation unfold because it seems very interesting.
Yes,it's quite different here because we don't have the college deciding. Here it's just clear vote and not just 2 choices to put to power.
In the midst of all that we go through already it's quite scary to have the same person in that seat (trump).
Hopefully everything becomes clear and you get the results soon.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2020, 04:32:09 pm »
but I'm watching the whole situation unfold because it seems very interesting.
Yes,it's quite different here because we don't have the college deciding. Here it's just clear vote and not just 2 choices to put to power.

Well,, Currently the situation is this, Biden has 253 electors and Trump has 214. If Biden wins the States of Nevada, and Arizona, that will put him at 270 electors. And he would win the election, and be the next president.

But we are also watching other states right now, including Georgia, N. Carolina , and Pennsylvania, to see if Biden may possibly pick up one or two there. OR, If Trump wins those States.

Believe me my anxiety level is way up there.   :)

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2020, 04:38:17 pm »

:o  It makes me dizzy, thinking of the possible pathways for Biden or Trump to 270 number. Now Trump is suing Nevada, claiming illegal votes, despite that there is no proof of that. Trump is desperate at this point.

But I believe so far, Biden is over 3 million more votes than Trump in the popular vote.

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2020, 04:43:48 pm »

Just want to make a point, every time Trump has attempted to sue a state, during this election process he has lost !

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2020, 04:49:46 pm »

At this moment on the popular vote,

Biden has 72,528,381 votes ( Highest popular vote for president ever recorded )

Trump has 68,681,681

We are truly a divided nation.

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2020, 04:58:49 pm »

I hear you loud and clear. There are several people that I have known through the years, that I no longer associate with, nor do I care to anymore. Fortunately, all my family members are aligned with me. so there are no issues there.

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2020, 05:06:44 pm »

By the way,... I think that Steve Kornacki on MSNBC, is doing a brilliant job !!!

Ray  8)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2020, 06:45:48 pm »
Oh no,I'm not trying to stir up stuff Haha
oh, I was certain you weren't meaning anything bad. ;) But while in high school just across the state line in North Carolina, I majored in History and Civics, I now live here in South Carolina, a state always in the bottom five for education for probably most than the last 50 years, so explaining the basics of our Constitution and government operations is a daily occurrence just in normal times much less election time. I can't tell you how many yahoos at the local Walmart and Lowes think something weird or nefarious is going on because the results weren't known the night approximately 150,000,000 citizens voted during a contentious time.

it's quite different here because we don't have the college deciding. Here it's just clear vote and not just 2 choices to put to power.
our electoral college was a mechanism put into place to ensure slave states (which had a black population that was not allowed to vote, so basically land area got a vote) and slave-holders had a boost in keeping in the status quo of slavery. These days, it gives the minority (scattered about but with some political power due to state gerrymandering) and not the majority just enough of an edge to have installed Trump into the Presidency even though he missed the popular vote by several million. (the same thing happened to Gore years ago but that's an old issue that put the country on the path to this messy situation. ) It's really time to get rid of the electoral college.

In the midst of all that we go through already it's quite scary to have the same person in that seat (trump).
Hopefully everything becomes clear and you get the results soon.
it's scary here, and to our friends around the world. I'd like to tell everyone that America just suffered a 4 yr aberration but regardless of the outcome, I think America has a lot of trouble coming yet in the future. But what can you expect when half our voting population are hateful, racist idiots? sigh.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2020, 06:50:48 pm »
I think that Steve Kornacki on MSNBC, is doing a brilliant job !!!
always! Plus I think his info board shows a lot more info than any other channel. I wonder if he had a hand in designing the format/software because he really works it! I watched Willie Geist poking at it this morning and he didn't have the same skills as Steve at all.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline virgo313

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2020, 08:03:41 pm »
I am not saying there is cheating in us election.
Just to add humor here & cheer up while waiting for ur results
In my country, there are claims of cheating in my country election.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/1454769/from-dead-voters-to-blackouts-malaysia-braces-for-filthy-poll

When one party is leading, our counting station may have blackout of electric power & when it is restored, walaaaaa... more ballots papers appear  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D ;D

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2020, 09:07:15 pm »
always! Plus I think his info board shows a lot more info than any other channel. I wonder if he had a hand in designing the format/software because he really works it! I watched Willie Geist poking at it this morning and he didn't have the same skills as Steve at all.

:)  I tried watching John King on CNN, and immediately went back to Steve Kornacki. Steve has it all over him ! That is quite a system he uses.

Ray  8)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2020, 09:10:03 pm »
UPDATE at this posting:

Biden is closing in on Trump in Georgia. Only a little over 2,400 vote difference between the two for the entire state.

Ray  8)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2020, 09:17:45 pm »

;D  I got a good laugh from James Carville on election night , when he said the democrats need to put the razor blades and the ambien back in the medicine cabinet.

At 1 minute mark in the video:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/11/03/carville_michigan_a_red_mirage_put_the_razor_blades_and_ambien_back_in_the_medicine_cabinet.html

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline fabio

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2020, 01:14:21 am »
When one party is leading, our counting station may have blackout of electric power & when it is restored, walaaaaa... more ballots papers appear  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D ;D
Interesting,we get the same electric power issues in my country of origin and,as if magic,there are more votes hahaha

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2020, 10:01:59 am »

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline fabio

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2020, 03:23:15 pm »
Well,, Currently the situation is this, Biden has 253 electors and Trump has 214. If Biden wins the States of Nevada, and Arizona, that will put him at 270 electors. And he would win the election, and be the next president.

But we are also watching other states right now, including Georgia, N. Carolina , and Pennsylvania, to see if Biden may possibly pick up one or two there. OR, If Trump wins those States.

Believe me my anxiety level is way up there.   :)

Ray
So the electors are the ones that get chosen by the people who voted to decide who stays who doesn't. Or are the electors the people who vote? The whole system of voting is quite confusing there...I can understand the anxiety,hopefully it ends soon :).
Thank god we didn't fall on election year here in Greece,it would be a nightmare.

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2020, 06:40:45 pm »
Looks like Biden won this.
I'm no fan but I would've voted for any random person just to get this parasite out of the WH.

As we have already seen, this facsist fck isn't going to leave quietly, if he leaves at all. Think he's going to need an intervention.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2020, 07:04:03 pm »
So the electors are the ones that get chosen by the people who voted to decide who stays who doesn't. Or are the electors the people who vote?

Basically yes ! The electors are bound in each state, to vote the will of the people. I believe this was ordered by the supreme court. So, if trump gets for an example 51 % and Biden 49 % of the vote, the electors will go for Trump, in that particular state.

The same works in the opposite direction, if it was Biden leading in the state popular vote.

https://www.history.com/news/electors-chosen-electoral-college

"There are 538 total electors, including one for each U.S. senator and representative and three electors representing the District of Columbia, and presidential candidates need a majority of 270 votes to win the White House. Most of the time—but not always—the winner of the Electoral College is also the winner of the popular vote."

Ray  :)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2020, 07:13:16 pm »
Fabio,..

It's also possible , but highly unlikely that a tie in electoral votes could happen.  Where each candidate would have 269 electors each.

In that case, it goes to the House of Representatives to decide:

"In the event of a drawn result, the newly elected House of Representatives would choose the president, with each state delegation having one vote. A simple majority of states, equivalent to 26 votes or more, would be needed to win.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/us-election-tie-draw-biden-trump-b1612687.html

Ray  8)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2020, 11:11:51 pm »
Philly Mayor gives baby 👶 Trump some good advice on manning up.. 👖🤣

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jim-kenney-trump-big-boy-pants_n_5fa5c50ac5b660095699f56c

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2020, 09:52:42 am »
"Most of the time—but not always—the winner of the Electoral College is also the winner of the popular vote."
"In 53 of the 58 total elections held so far (about 91 percent), the winner of the national popular vote has also carried the Electoral College vote." (thanks for the answer, Google)

Basically yes !
being used to it all, it didn't seem too weird; but now, reading our explanations about how our system works (well, works at least 90% of the time), it definitely seems all a bit convoluted and f-ed up.  ::) :o ;D ;D Via le Vote du Popular! One citizen, one vote.

I'd like to hope that we eventually get an administration and Congress that removes the Electoral College, fixes state gerrymandering, and undoes the Citizens United verdict.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline virgo313

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2020, 11:47:38 am »
Congratulations! New President!

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2020, 12:00:36 pm »
Congratulations! New President!
Woohoo for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris!!  :-* :-*
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2020, 03:01:56 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Happy, Happy, Happy !!! Congrats to Joe Biden and Kamala Harris !

We can now start repairing the damage caused by trump, here at home and around the world !

Democracy In Action !

Ray  8)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline fabio

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2020, 06:23:18 pm »
Congratulations! The orange man is Fired  ;D.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2020, 09:02:39 pm »
Trump seems to be taking it as well as expected  ;D

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1325194709443080192

« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 09:27:41 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2020, 09:28:35 pm »
 8)

Saturday Night live, has a live episode tonight.  Can't wait to watch that in 2 hours !

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Mindless

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2020, 01:42:16 am »
Trump seems to be taking it as well as expected  ;D

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1325194709443080192

Jee... US folks, I really do hope the next one is better. Can't be worst, that's for sure 🤦🏻‍♂️
Dx Feb. 2018, CD 320, %14

- Atripla Feb/18 -->
- Complera (generic) 2019 -->
- Dovato (generic) 2021 -->

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2020, 07:29:11 pm »

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2020, 07:48:01 pm »

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2020, 05:33:51 pm »
 ::) Ugh "China virus" if you heard the press conference today.

Anyhow, think the election result is going to be bitter nonsense to the end. 
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2020, 07:16:20 pm »
bitter nonsense
unfortunately it's not just nonsense, it's sedition by a whole party as their effort to stay in power is eroding our democracy. Every day we get closer for this "nonsense" by Trump and the Republicans to mislead their cult members into starting a civil uprising.

I'm usually not this pessimistic; but I just feel America may be in deep trouble in a few weeks with skyrocketing covid, shutdowns, financial turmoil, deaths, and gullible people lead astray. It's a recipe for disaster no matter how optimistic some pundits and some politicians are speaking.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline virgo313

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2020, 03:31:55 pm »
Some claims of frauds is quite laughable & I can roughly figure out what they claim.
But I am confuse at what this women is saying.   :D

https://youtu.be/jKs05FN88T4

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2020, 07:36:47 am »
It was easy to predict trump would not accept a losing result.

I am sick to teeth hearing all the nonsense that he spreads and it's going to drag on for a while longer I fear. Everyone I talk to, every time I read or listen to the news, in meeting at work or every time I am on social media there is something more bizarre going on. Sick of sharing the same planet with this guy and that the topic seems unavoidable.

Anyhow, yesterday the new was the judge dismissed his fraud claims

"Judge Matthew Brann wrote in his ruling that Mr Trump's team had presented "strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations" in their complaints about mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania"

Pennsylvania judge dismisses Trump election fraud claims
https://www.rte.ie/news/us-election-2020/2020/1122/1179712-us-election-pennsylvania/
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:39:35 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2020, 05:41:32 pm »

Anyhow, yesterday the new was the judge dismissed his fraud claims

"Judge Matthew Brann wrote in his ruling that Mr Trump's team had presented "strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations" in their complaints about mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania"

An then, about an hour ago, the Pennsylvania supreme court, also ruled against the little dictator:

" The Pennsylvania Supreme Court on Monday dealt President Donald Trump’s campaign yet another legal loss, ruling that mail-in ballots cast in the state’s presidential election can be counted even if a voter failed to completely fill out the envelope."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/23/trump-loses-pennsylvania-ballot-lawsuit-seeking-to-block-biden-win.html
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 05:44:31 pm by J.R.E. »

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2020, 05:49:17 pm »
Meanwhile,...

Michigan's state board certifies Biden's win

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/politics/michigan-certify-election-results-monday/index.html

The Michigan State Board of Canvassers voted Monday to certify the state's election results, formally granting President-elect Joe Biden the state's 16 electoral votes.

The certification all but erases President Donald Trump's pathway to try to overturn the election results through legal challenges that have been dismissed in key states.

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2020, 05:55:03 pm »

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2020, 06:24:15 pm »
BREAKING NBC NEWS @ 6:20PM

GSA begins presidential transition process !

Broken link removed by admin
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 03:49:00 pm by iana5252 »

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2020, 06:40:48 pm »

For those that don't know,  Emily Murphy, was the trump appointee to head the GSA. She has been the one holding up the transition process:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/11/why-wont-emily-murphy-just-do-her-job/617184/

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2020, 12:38:40 am »

🤣 I guess he's not that stupid after all and he's going to leave on his own..

Damn, I was beginning to see the silver lining in all this and was really looking forward to seeing this end dramatically.  😈

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.