Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:18:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773209
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 531
Total: 532

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Started Edurant+Kivexa  (Read 4145 times)

Offline ivegotthepills

Started Edurant+Kivexa
« on: December 10, 2016, 05:23:49 am »
Hi guys ,i`m new here :)
Ive started my treatment before 3 months with Edurant (rilpivirine) and Kivexa ( abacavir + lamivudine). What do you think about this combination, because there is not so much info about rilpivirine, especially in collaboration with kivexa. . Is it good for first line therapy ? thanks :)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Started Edurant+Kivexa
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 06:36:52 am »
Hi

Welcome to the forum, glad to hear you are on treatment.
Hope to hear that you have fantastic results in the future.

There are a good few examples of rilpivirine being combined abacavir + lamivudine. I added at the end of my post a recent example 2016 where they compaired to Edurant - Kivexa vs Eviplera.

Anyhow best of luck and looking forward to hearing more from you.

Jim

http://www.bhiva.org/documents/Conferences/2016Manchester/Presentations/Posters/commended-poster-presentations/P17.pdf

Aimed to describe the characteristics, indications and outcomes of those switching to RPV (rilpivirine) with Kivexa (KIV-RPV) compared to Eviplera.

Conclusions: switching to KIV-RPV (rilpivirine+ Kivexa) was as effective as EVP (Eviplera) at maintaining virological suppression with no key difference observed
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline ivegotthepills

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 06:56:42 am »
Hi , thank you for the fast response.
Ive start my treatment with 550 CD4 , and 11,000 VL.
after 25 days : 900 CD4 and only 75 VL .
2 months later  i visited other lab with different apparatus of PCR testing and my
CD4 were again 900 but my VL was 485 . is it normal the Viral load to increase in the first several months or due to the different kind of pcr testing ?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 08:22:33 am »
Hi

Look if you are being adherent the virus should be quickly suppressed, having a blip can happen and you have only just started treatment.

So just follow your doctors advice, keep taking the meds and in the follow-ups appointments with your doc keep an eye on the VL. Time will only tell if the meds your on will give you sustained suppression.

However you have no need to panic at all

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Reggie

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 09:18:37 am »
I also am very interested in any information on rilpivirine  with kivexa as I have been on rilpivirine with truvada for over 2 years but now my Docter has done the sensitivity test to see I have the alergy to kivexa and am able to make the switch to take in place of truvada with rilpivirine or not?

The reason he wants to change me off the truvada is too give me kidneys a break from the toxicities of truvada on them as all my kidney function numbers are on the high end. I have no other side effects and this combination  has worked great keeping me undetectable and strengthening my immune system .

My concerns now are the side effects from kivexa on heart etc....?? Being one of the older arv's?

I think you will do well on this regime from what I've studied and wish you all the best

Cheers

Reggie

Offline ivegotthepills

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 03:43:47 pm »
HI Reggie , is there a option for Odefsey ( emtricitabine, rilpivirine, & tenofovir alafenamide ) ?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 03:57:26 pm »
Hi

I think both of you need to talk to your doctors, the combinations are possible and not unique.

Reggie, as for the concerns, look a lot of it relates to additional risk factors and avoiding additional risks , family history, smoking , blood pressure etc etc. Take to your doc.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Reggie

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 06:11:49 am »
Yeah thanks Jim, my next labs and Docters appointment the end of January so will discuss with my Docter and make a decision based on that.

Still feel grateful we have different options for treatmentso can make good sense to change if having certain side effects from some of the meds.

Cheers

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 06:18:48 am »
You can say that again.

With today's generation of medication and choices available we are very lucky to expect no major side effects and indeed that we have options to switch if needed based on our individual needs.

Good luck on the follow-up and let us know how you get on and what switch you make.

Jim

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.