Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:59:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 412
Total: 415

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Is Obama homophobic?  (Read 30332 times)

Offline randym431

Re: Is Obama homophobic?
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2009, 06:00:29 pm »
From what I have read he didn't say a lot about Prop 8. This is what I have been able to find:

Yeah thats what I thought. Jimmy Carter was our man...!

obama homophobic? bah humbug.
he even lectured blacks at his NAACP speech about civil rights for homos.

But only after taking a lot of heat from gay groups.
And remember, Obama has still not changed anything that he promised to change.
ie don’t ask don’t tell and that federal statute against same sex marriage.

Also, hasn't it be found that the VAST amount of money to repeal gay marriage in CA came from Mormons living out of state?

The money came from such sources, but it took those CA voters to believe in their crap.

I "guess" I would not say he's "homophobe" exactly, but he seems to support a attitude I see in many, especially a lot pf parents of gay children. That is, the less said, the less attention, the better. Lets just ignore it, until those few occasions where we are FORCED to deal with it, on some level.
Better to just avoid the subject, if they can.

That’s exactly why a lot of straight people have the attitude on same sex marriage
“makes no difference to me one way or the other”. But when forced into a voting booth,
seeing the issue on the ballot, they tend to vote in the negative. This “ignore the issue” attitude, or “I don’t really care one was or the other” attitude, usually boils down to a negative response if the issue is forced upon them.
That seems to be what they do not like, being forced to make a stand.

Its not that they are homophobe, or even anti gay. Its more of an “MAKE IT GO AWAY’
thing. That, I feel, is why too many straights vote in the negative if given the chance.
And THAT is simply an education issue.
And too, THAT is why these nut opponent groups can so easily pour so much money and TV air time onto the subject, and people will buy into their crap.
That was usually their only source of education on the issue, EVER.
And its hard to get a positive realistic point across when your drowned out
by masses of money and lies from the other side.

And THAT is the dirty little trick these opponents keep using against gays.
They KNOW, for now, it’s a winning trickery tool for them.
This is why hetro education on the gay lifestyle is so important.
And probably why these homophobes realize that, and fight so hard
to keep any teaching on gay issues OUT of the school room.

Because once education succeeds, most of the power and hot air will be taken away
from the opponents tools of trickery.  The tide will turn against them.
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline madbrain

• No longer an active member
    • My personal site
Re: Is Obama homophobic?
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2009, 09:04:20 pm »
Its not that they are homophobe, or even anti gay. Its more of an “MAKE IT GO AWAY’
thing.

In that case, they better start voting in favor of same-sex marriage, since that's the only thing that will make the issue go away from voting booths. We won't give up no matter what.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.