Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:15:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 382
Total: 382

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: An inquiry about a non penetrative sexual encounter  (Read 6184 times)

Offline Fadi

An inquiry about a non penetrative sexual encounter
« on: January 07, 2010, 10:44:45 am »
Hello

I had a sexual encounter with a female sex worker almost one month ago and I want to as about some activities I did with that woman

I had only protected blowjob with a condom of course so I think this is a safe act and I did not have vaginal or anal sex even with a condom because I'm a very careful person.

but are the following acts safe as well?

1- She licked my testicles for about 1 min max.
2- She rubbed my erect penis on her vagina without a condom.
3- I fingered her and after that I used the same hand to masturbate without a condom. (I'm honestly a bit worried about this act because I'm afraid her vaginal fluid was infected with HIV especially when you know that I shaved my penis shaft one or two days before the encounter)

So, do you think I'm still on the safe side and thank god I don't have any unusual symptoms and the brothel I went to was registered and they say on their website that their ladies do health check ups and do you think I don't need to do an HIV test at all?

Thanks

Offline RapidRod

Re: An inquiry about a non penetrative sexual encounter
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 10:49:24 am »
At no time were you at risk of contracting HIV.

Offline Fadi

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 11:06:18 am »
Thanks for the quick reply,RapidRod

I also feel that I shouldn't worry too much about contracting the virus since I avoided having unprotected or even protected vaginal/anal intercourse in that encounter. But I have one last question

Would it matter if I shaved the shaft on the same day of that encounter?  say at 2 pm and I met the lady at around 8 pm? (I'm referring here to the last act)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 11:10:31 am »
No. Shave all you like.

Offline Fadi

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 11:16:14 am »
Thanks, RapidRod. I appreciate your help

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 12:58:39 pm »
I am agreeing with Rod about no risk. You might also read our lesson on transmission which covers all of the basics. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

Essentially if you always use condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse you will be well protected against the sexual transmission of HIV. It really is just that simple. 
Andy Velez

Offline Fadi

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 01:34:36 pm »
Thanks Andy and Rod

Your replies made me feel more confident about my situation. I was thinking about getting an HIV test after 6 and 12 weeks just to make sure but now I just think that I'm fine and I don't need any test.

Offline Fadi

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 10:26:07 pm »
Hi

I just forgot to say that the female sex worker used a mouthwash and asked me to use it before kissing and before she did what I described in my original post.

My question is,

Would  your assessments change after you knew this?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 12:10:54 am »
Whilst mouthwash will make you (and your sexual partner) minty fresh, it doesn't change the fact that you were not at risk in the first place.

MtD

Offline Fadi

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 01:19:25 am »
Thanks alot

I was a bit worries that using mouthwash could affect saliva ability to inhibit HIV transmission

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 01:27:06 am »
If anything mouthwash (given that most formulations have a relatively high ethanol or other germicide content) would have a deleterious effect on HIV if it were present.

I reiterate however that this is a no risk situation for HIV and as such mouthwash (or it's absence) irrelevant.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 08:33:04 am »
Fadi, it doesn't matter what details your anxious mind continues to come up with. Yours was a non-risk situation. Period.

Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline Fadi

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 10:42:38 am »
Thanks Andy

Actually what made me ask that question was a comment posted by a member probably here or on MedHelp about using mouthwash and its effect on some of the enzymes in saliva but I find your answers very reassuring.

Bye

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 01:56:17 pm »
Stop surfing the net to find more stuff to scare yourself with.

You didn't have a risk. Period. Get on with your life. 
Andy Velez

Offline Fadi

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 05:20:18 am »
Hi
Last Jan I came here asking about my risk after I went to a brothel during my last visit to Sydney and I was told that I had no risk of catching HIV from my exposure so I decided to put that behind me and move on with my life but unfortunately a few days after my last post here I started to have some symptoms like a white tongue (it was only white at the back of the tongue) loose stools for around 10 days, nausia (one time only) stomach rumblings, dry mouth and rarely numbness in hands and feet.

My stomach rumblings and whitish tongue didn't seem to go away even after 2 months so on 26/Feb 2010 (10 weeks from 18/12 although when I posted my first post here I was almost sure that my exposure happened on 11 or 12 but now I don't remember clearly) I went to a health clinic and talked to the doctor about my symptoms and my possible  exposure and I did a full blood test which came back negative for all STI's but positive for H.Pylori  which caused me all the symptoms I've had and I think I picked it from that woman because I tongue kissed her.

Now, I feel very confident that I did not catch HIV because 1- Some experts like you here believe I had no risk at all 2- Doctors from MedHelp forum believe a negative test at 8 weeks is reliable and conclusive  but considering that there are some experts who believe what I did was low risk and the official guidelines say a test at 3 months is conclusive, can I consider my 10 weeks result conclusive ,final and 100% accurate?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 06:06:16 am »
Your test is conclusive because you didn't have a risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 08:20:51 am »
You didn't have a risk but if you continue to search around for sites or places that will stir your fears up I can guarantee you that you will find them. All to no good purpose of course.

You don't need to test again and you never needed to test in the first place.

If you continue to come back about this non-risk situation you are going to find yourself getting a 28 day Time Out from this site.

Give it up and get on with your life.

Andy Velez

Offline Fadi

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 10:21:37 am »
I stopped worrying the minute I found out that H.Pylori was the cause of my symptoms and not any STI (my doctor said RPR could also cause similar symptoms but didn't seem concerned about HIV at all) and I didn't really want to sound worried or concerned. The only thing I'm worried about is that I want to get rid of H.Pylori as soon as possible because the doc said it could take months.

Thanks for your responses now and before  and of course I will not test again.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 01:18:25 pm »
Good. Now get on with your life...
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.