Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:07:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 611
Total: 613

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I spoke to soon...first time in six years  (Read 5791 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
I spoke to soon...first time in six years
« on: September 13, 2007, 09:48:31 pm »
ADAP is recertifying me for the first time in SIX years! 

Anyway... no worry there.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Life

• Member 2005
Re: I spoke to soon...first time in six years
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 09:54:43 pm »
Is that process as easy as them pulling out the yard stick and measuring to see if your patiient file is at least so many inches thick?  You then pass the test?  :)   I hope the buracracy of all this treats you well..

Eric

« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 10:10:34 pm by Life »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 10:20:32 pm »
Oh... I'm still under the 350% federal poverty cut off.  Unless they count all my sales of heroin on the street corner.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 10:34:04 pm »
I wonder if some republican is Washington did this in retaliation for your Sen. Craig thread? ;)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 12:17:21 am »
They never seemed to check in NYC, thought I was only on it for 3 years at the time (YES.... I used to work, and a well paid job at that.  Though I had a friend who pulled in about ~200,000 in cash that managed to milk the ADAP coffers).  With me on disability I doubt I raise many red flags.

I've been on ADAP in Pennsylvania now for 2.5 years so I guess I'm due for an assessment, though at the same time it seems a waste of bureaucratic money as they can tell what my SS income is.  Seems slightly silly though -- more money is spent paying drones in Harrisburg to investigate stuff and fill out countless forms and mail them out... and review them.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 12:19:32 am by philly267 »

Offline Steven

• A Place To Start
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 08:31:33 am »
Pennsylvania has enacted a yearly recertification process.
Basically to make sure you have not moved, income has not gone over the limit ect.....
Look forward to this each year now.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 08:44:44 am »
Try every six months.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 08:46:31 am »
Steven, I assume this is something recent?  Anyway, no worry -- forms are filled out and ready to go.  Just need to  make copies of them.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 08:47:19 am »
Try every six months.

such overkill!!!  do they really think we're all scamming for Kaletra shits?

Offline Steven

• A Place To Start
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 08:50:26 am »
Yes it's recent or rather it's been in the works for the past several months.
The big stink is over how they handled it and now the law project may take them on over the way they have done things this time.  Long story.....
I'd look for things to change the next time they have it.

Offline Steven

• A Place To Start
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 08:53:06 am »
Try every six months.

I'd send them the reports with  blood soaked spots on it.
That is more on the lines of harrassment to have you do it every 6 months.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 08:53:21 am »
Try every six months.

what philly said. every 6 months seems excessive (penny-wise, pound-foolish) and has a vibe of mistrust

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 09:01:04 am »
thunter34 faces re-certification every six months in Georgia. I guess we could demand that they stop harassing us, but somehow I just don't think they will listen.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 09:49:33 am »
Yes it's recent or rather it's been in the works for the past several months.
The big stink is over how they handled it and now the law project may take them on over the way they have done things this time.  Long story.....
I'd look for things to change the next time they have it.

Really?  Seemed rather basic to me.  A two page form that basically asked what my SS income was -- though it did ask for family member income which doesn't apply to me.  Is that what you are hinting at?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 09:52:24 am »
thunter34 faces re-certification every six months in Georgia. I guess we could demand that they stop harassing us, but somehow I just don't think they will listen.

It's not so much harassment (though it is) but more mindless crap for bureaucrats to do... shuffle paper around on the tax payers' expense.  I'm sure they could do all of this work with a quarter of the personnel.  Maybe we should alert our state representatives.  I'd love to see a cost-benefit analysis of how many HIV cheats they're finding... I bet it's a grand total of three.

Offline purpledragonfly

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 02:58:51 pm »
Your very lucky, i live in Indiana and we have to do the paper work every 3 months. It doesn't bother me tho. My case manager lives in the same town as i do so on her way home she stops over and brings 100 lbs. of food from the food bank and has me sign my name on a few papers. We talk about how i am doing and some local happenings and then she leaves. I figuare it is a small amount to do for me getting the meds i need and for keeping my insurance.

Wendy

Offline kellyspoppi

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 04:02:18 pm »
 :o

yikes, 3 months in indiana, 6 months in PA. hell, i dread the every 5 years i get that brown envelope. it is so nerve racking for those of us on the other spectrum, who are near the income limit worrying about losing benefits.

my individual health insurance has been dwindled down over the past 10 years from a blue cross/ blue shield plan, $1.00 co-pay and i could choose whatever dr. i wanted to go to, to a stingy hmo with no freedom of choice and 50% reimbursement on meds.

both my wife and i are on combo therapy. she's on $20,000 a yr fusion, truvada, and didanosine at $3145 a month total retail,  and my meds are kaletra, viread, and viramune at a monthly retail of $1660 for a toal monthly out of pocket of
$2402.56 if we didn't have adap. there is just no way we could afford to pay that $28,824 a year bill with all our other running expenses.

please don't get me wrong. yes i am thrilled we are healthy enough to work and do the things we like to do. but the fact is, if we lost our adap there is no way we could continue to take our meds. this is very stressful for those of us that try to stay under those income limits and i hope 3 month or 6 month certifications are not the plan for the future in my state.

kellyspoppi

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 04:48:11 pm »
Oh, nobody is going to lose their ADAP.  They're out looking for those hair dressers yanking in $300,000 cash and still getting their Atripla for free.

Anyway, I still wager it's more about keeping people employed in our state capitals.

I still think anything other than a once yearly form is a tad excessive and quite wasteful.  I'm going to call my ASO lady and run this by her next week.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 05:21:10 pm »
Your very lucky, i live in Indiana and we have to do the paper work every 3 months. It doesn't bother me tho. My case manager lives in the same town as i do so on her way home she stops over and brings 100 lbs. of food from the food bank and has me sign my name on a few papers. We talk about how i am doing and some local happenings and then she leaves. I figuare it is a small amount to do for me getting the meds i need and for keeping my insurance.

Wendy

that case manager sounds like a cool person!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.