Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:17:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 299
Total: 300

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: question from Lebanon  (Read 15154 times)

Offline rami

question from Lebanon
« on: January 15, 2008, 05:21:47 am »
First I m really sorry for my poor English, it s not my native language.

I know maybe it s an old question and I already know your point of view , but I really need Ann & Andy advices for the rest of my mind.

11 weeks go , I was in China for a business trip , I asked for a massage on my hotel , after one hour of massage i start FINGERING the lady and I touch her breast with the same hand and after few minutes I sucked her breast .
After few minutes the lady asked me if I want blowjob”oral sex” , so I said yes , she gave me a condom “ I m not sure if it s a latex one or not”  and the lady put some cold water on her mouth for blowjob.
Ok it s a safe sex but :
1-one hour before I was eating crabs and I felt some crabs covers piercing my fingers , and I m not sure about my fingers status specially that I work in a factory and usually have cuts.
2-when I was putting the condom, my finger “same for fingering” touch the hole of my penis.
3-afterl this episode , I felt bad smell on my mouth , maybe from sucking the lady breast , so I saw a new toothbrush that I used aggressively to clean my tongue and my mouth , so I saw some blood.
Here in our country there s a test called HIV1+2 , I m not sure which generation , but it was officially  recommended by Lebanese authorities for marriage test.
So my test was : 4 weeks negative , 9 weeks negative.
But now I m really afraid because I felt some muscles pain and muscles Shivering on all my body , so I asked our family doc , he said that fingering and touching vaginal fluids for the penis is a risk !!!!!!!!!!
I m not felling ok , I don’t have the courage to get a new test after one week : so my questions :
1- please gave me my risk by %
2-do you believe in our negative tests?
3-i have to worry about my wife , and continue to have protected sex with her ? “she s not ok , she s feeling something strange , why I m using condoms”
4-does my muscles problems from stress?
5-why some people said low risk and others like you “no risk”?

Please Ann & Andy , I need your answer and really sorry Rod if I m bothering you again.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: question from Lebanon
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 05:31:32 am »
rami,

Your risk is zero. Nothing you describe is a risk for hiv infection. Your test results have been negative because you ARE hiv negative. You do not need further testing.

Please read our Welcome Thread and click on the link to our Transmission Lesson.

You did not have a risk and you ARE hiv negative.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline rami

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 06:51:12 am »
Thank You Ann

Can you gave me some scientifical explications?

where s Andy?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 07:56:54 am »
Move on. You did not have a risk, not even with a hang nail.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 09:52:08 am »
How many responses do you need to gather in order to believe what you're told? You had no risk whatsoever for HIV during this incident.

Read the Transmission lesson as Ann suggested to you. This epidemic is going to be around for a longtime to come. You need to know the basics about what is risky and what isn't. So instead of all this dramatic carrying on, read the lesson. The bottom line regarding risk and sex is that if you have intercourse, whether vaginal or anal, you need to be wearing a condom. That's it. Everything else sexual is risky only in theory. In the real world of HIV unprotected intercourse is what you have to avoid.

Andy Velez

Offline rami

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 11:33:49 am »
excuse me guys , but in science "therories" are not equal to zero !!!!
YOU ARE SAYING ORAL SEX = ZERO RISK , AND OTHERS SAID 1/20,000 , So therory is not zero risk

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 12:13:15 pm »
Rami,

Yes, we are saying that getting a blowjob is ZERO risk. The number you quote has no meaning as it was plucked out of thin air. Think about it - how could they come up with that number? There is no ethical way of doing so.

You can stress out over this all you like, but the fact of the matter is - your nine week negative result is not going to change. You ARE hiv negative. End of story!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 12:26:49 pm »
OK, so you can feel free to worry if you want to. And worrying that you became infected through fingering. Anytime you have sex with another person you are theoretically at risk. That's a reality. Nevertheless in the real world of HIV we know from documentation that transmission is limited to certain very specific sexual acts: unprotected vaginal & anal intercourse.

We're not here to convince you of that. We just tell you what we know from experience and solid information.

If that is not enough for you, we've done what we can do for you. 
Andy Velez

Offline rami

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 02:44:30 pm »
Ann & Andy : Sorry for bothering you !

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 06:16:45 pm »
Just give up spending energy and time on worrying and get on with your life.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline rami

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 04:22:18 am »
but why still have "muscles pain and muscles Shivering on all my body "
is it stress?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 04:57:04 am »
Rami,

If you feel ill, see your doctor. You don't have HIV.

MtD

Offline rami

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 07:36:31 am »
SO CAN I STOP USING CONDOMS WITH MY WIFE???IT WAS MY FIRST SEX EPISODE AFTER MY MARRIAGE SINCE ONE YEAR.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 07:46:04 am »
You don't need to shout, it's rude. Yes you can have unprotected sex with your wife if you've got a negative for other STDs.

Offline rami

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 07:51:29 am »
"if you've got a negative for other STDs"
If ?????? it was my first sex relation after marriage , and few days before marriage i had my negative test.
and you r saying that i m not on risk , so why you are using this "IF"

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 07:54:52 am »
IF you have tested for other STDs and received a negative result. IF NOT, then test. You need to test orally.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 08:15:47 am »
rami,

You don't need to use condoms with your wife. Nothing you did was a risk for any STI, including hiv. The other STIs are much more easily transmitted than hiv, but they're not so easily transmitted that it would have happened during your activities.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline rami

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 08:17:32 am »
Ok , just another qst for information " you are saying that HIV is a fragile virus " and " must be transmited inside body"
So why it s dangerous to share needles?if the virus in blood will be outside the body!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 08:19:54 am »
Knock it off. Go read the lesson on transmission like you should have already done.

Offline rami

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 03:37:59 am »
ok i read lessons , but i did not find any answer to my qst !

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 03:47:36 am »
Rami,

Your real question is "do I have HIV?"

We have answered that. The answer is "no, you do not have HIV."

MtD

Offline rami

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 04:11:44 am »
but i m Suffering from mu muscles pain and shivers  :'(

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008, 04:28:24 am »
And I'm sorry to hear that, but your pains and shivers aren't caused by HIV, buddy.

I told you before, if you feel ill see your doctor.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2008, 10:27:54 am »
...and we cannot diagnose your symptoms here. We can only evaluate what you've told us and having done that it's very clear that HIV is not your issue. Period. End of story.

As Matty has said to you repeatedly, discuss your symptoms with your doctor.
Andy Velez

Offline rami

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2008, 04:40:22 pm »
ok !! i swear it ll be my last qst
what about hcv?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2008, 05:04:29 pm »
Rami,

We only deal with HIV here. If you have concerns about Hepatitis C, see your doctor.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2008, 05:06:22 pm »
What about HCV? It has nothing to do with you. It's transmitted through infected blood and sharing IV needles. Neither of which apply to you. And please don't come back and tell us the woman's nipple was bleeding into you mouth because that won't fly here.

If you have further medical concerns you need to discuss them with your doctor. We cannot diagnose anything here.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2008, 05:07:28 pm »
Rami,

What about hcv? You weren't at risk for that either. Go see your doctor. There's nothing more we can do for you here and if you keep posting, you'll be given a time out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline rami

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2008, 05:28:34 pm »
Sorry Guys  ???

Offline rami

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2008, 05:07:42 am »
Ok Guys !
Today i got my 11 weeks negative STD "including hebatitis A,B" and HIV Tests.
Wish the rest of mind for All.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2008, 08:42:07 am »
Congrautlations on your happy and not unexpected HIV test result as well as the others.

Celebrate by making sure you keep condoms handy and use them everytime for intercourse and you'll be fine as far as HIV is concerned sexually.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline rami

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2008, 09:08:02 am »
Thanxs Andy with all my respect for all members.
I ll be in you disposal for any help , like replying to people in arabic language or french !!  :)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2008, 09:17:15 am »
Rami,

While we appreciate your offer, we will have to decline. We keep a very high standard here and you simply do not have the training or knowledge-base needed to answer questions correctly and consistently.

If you want to help, I suggest you find an AIDS Service Organisation in the area where you live and ask about doing volunteer work for them. If they need volunteers, they will give you any necessary training.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline rami

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2008, 02:54:27 pm »
i will :)

Offline rami

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2008, 08:17:12 am »
hey guys
to be so franck : i would like to say that this 11 weeks test relaxed my anxiety for arround 90%.
but i have one more qst : the test was called HIV1+2 and i think it s not a new generation one ,so lets forget my case "no risk" , but this kind of test are able to gave an accruate result at 11 weeks or 12 weeks?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2008, 09:53:12 am »
At the 12-13 week mark any generation of test will give an accurate result. You're HIV negative. Period. End of story. Really.

And if you come back here with another question like "But I took the test at 11 weeks, is that enough," you're going to get a time out. You're done. You're HIV negative.

It's time to move on, Rami! 
Andy Velez

Offline rami

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2008, 10:18:00 am »
sorry !
 :-X

Offline rami

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2008, 10:27:18 am »
sorry but i m asking again koz last night , i took the decision do not use more condoms with my wife.
anyway i believe on your word Andy !
Thank You

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2008, 06:26:35 pm »
That's good. Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline rami

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2008, 02:45:19 am »
Dear All
I swear to God it ll be my last qst :
lets say the HIV test in our country called HIV1+2 is an old one , old generation and my risk was a high one
old HIV test are able to detuct virus at 12 weeks or at 13 weeks?i mean test must be taken at week 12 or 13??
please answer without taking into consideration my case or saying you don't need a test.
You have to know that in Lebanon for sure we don't have newest test as USA or Europe , all our medical equipments are old one !

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2008, 02:48:49 am »
Rami,

It makes no difference. All generations of HIV tests will produce reliable results at week 12 or week 13. It doesn't matter.

13 weeks is the standard in the USA. Everywhere else in the developed world, it's 12 weeks. Using the same sorts of tests.

You are HIV negative. Seriously, move on.

MtD

Offline rami

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2008, 07:11:59 am »
Andy , Ann ?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2008, 07:54:44 am »
Rami,

You were warned that if you kept posting over this no-risk, conclusive negative situation, you'd be given a time out and that's exactly what I'm doing.

Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

You didn't have a risk, you ARE hiv negative and it's time you moved on.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.