Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:31:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 421
Total: 421

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: AM GATHERINGS  (Read 7071 times)

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
AM GATHERINGS
« on: July 19, 2009, 08:40:29 am »
This is Dwayne A Bourque and have something I think everyone one needs to hear won,t be mean about it because it would serve no purpose.I have been telling everyone body in Gods creation about the trip to Boston Mass this August every one agreed that the trip would do me good.I didn,t pay my cell phone bill and was disconnected and still owe on that bill plus disconnect fees bust my ass to the point of getting physically ill was told to stop before ended in the hospital and then come 07/18/09 got a message saying grant committee would not be able to cover the cost of transportation from New Orleans to Boston because I did not buy my Greyhound Bus ticket soon enough and the rates had went up I was so physically ill last night was vomiting my med which has not happened in a very long time.I cried myself to sleep which was over with for a while.I sent the Committee the confirmation number on the 3rd of July sent message after message 15 days had gone by if would have been contacted would have had time enough to get Greyhound discount needed 21 days in advance.I Just needed to speak my mind.Hope You all enjoy the trip.
Disappointingly Yours
Dwayne A Bourque

Offline Grants Committee

Re: AM GATHERINGS
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 11:31:24 am »
This is Dwayne A Bourque and have something I think everyone one needs to hear won,t be mean about it because it would serve no purpose.I have been telling everyone body in Gods creation about the trip to Boston Mass this August every one agreed that the trip would do me good.I didn,t pay my cell phone bill and was disconnected and still owe on that bill plus disconnect fees bust my ass to the point of getting physically ill was told to stop before ended in the hospital and then come 07/18/09 got a message saying grant committee would not be able to cover the cost of transportation from New Orleans to Boston because I did not buy my Greyhound Bus ticket soon enough and the rates had went up I was so physically ill last night was vomiting my med which has not happened in a very long time.I cried myself to sleep which was over with for a while.I sent the Committee the confirmation number on the 3rd of July sent message after message 15 days had gone by if would have been contacted would have had time enough to get Greyhound discount needed 21 days in advance.I Just needed to speak my mind.Hope You all enjoy the trip.
Disappointingly Yours
Dwayne A Bourque

Hi Dwayne,

This is an unfortunate, but not surprising, turn of events.  As we mentioned to you, the Committee could not confirm your assistance until you were able to source a bus ticket to New Orleans.  Because you did not do so until July, this meant that the amount of assistance we budgeted for you (being based on Amtrack prices in April) was insufficient.  It is an unfortunate reality that the closer to the intended travel date, prices for transportation increases.  

We understand that you are disappointed.  We had hoped for a different outcome, but unfortunately the delayed process to get you to confirm your attendance to the event meant that it would be have been prohibitively expensive to provide you with assistance.

We wish you all the best.

Kind regards,

Grant Committee

P.S.  We had also offered to refund you the cost of the greyhound bus ticket if you send us a copy of it.  This was sent through a PM as well.  We can PM you where to send it.  The refund will be taken care of outside the Grants Committee funds.  We suggest that we take all other communications through PM.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 02:44:14 pm by Grants Committee »

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 02:13:30 pm »
This is for the Grant Committee one don,t like to be told I did not send a message when it was sent on July 2nd with the confirmation number and as soon as I figure how to send it I will.I don,t like someone more or less calling me a Liar have information at my disposal and like I said before will send just to prove my point.I do not have money at my disposal like some people do.

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 04:56:43 pm »
This is what was sent on July 2 at 4:57:27 pm

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 05:30:11 pm »
This is what i sent july 2 at 4:57pm

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 06:55:12 pm »
Dwayne you need to read this again and try and understand what the GC are saying to you...they are not calling you a liar at all....they are saying that they needed confirmation sooner because the prices from April to July had increase quite a bit and the amount you were allocated was for the prices Amtrack in April..if you have secured your ticket in April all woudl have been fine..but you didn't , you left it too late..it's unfortunate but there is nothing that can be done now.

As we mentioned to you, the Committee could not confirm your assistance until you were able to source a bus ticket to New Orleans.  Because you did not do so until July, this meant that the amount of assistance we budgeted for you (being based on Amtrack prices in April) was insufficient.  It is an unfortunate reality that the closer to the intended travel date, prices for transportation increases. 

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 06:58:29 pm »
The closer the date that I was supposed to leave the worst I feel and there nothing I can do about.Like I was not doing well before I got the news.I was under the impression that I had made friends but only one was nice enough to contact me.Then some one said there is always next year I am sorry but we live from day to day.What I LMAO was would not take a plane to Boston what makes you think I would get on a plane to go any where else.I don,t think things money wise will change by next year if I am still here.
DAB

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 07:20:23 pm »
Dear Dwayne,

This situation is very sad to me.  I understand your anger and frustration, but please don't blame AMG.  AMG is a very good event.  The facts speak for themselves . . . this is the fifth consecutive year that AMG has been held.  Some of us have been lucky enough to attend all five years.  Some of us have been less fortunate.  (Thom and I can't attend this years for reasons not unlike your own . . . $$$.)  But we still have our beloved friends from years past and look forward to making more friends in years to come.

I hope that you can find peace and understanding in the days to come over your missing AMG this year.  Please look forward to the next opportunity.  New Orleans is one of the proposed locations for next year.  Jump on that band wagon and help promote this great venue.

Hugs, Ric

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 09:00:37 pm »
This is for who said I left it too late.When you know all the fact then add your two cents I did what I could with What I had.What was I supposed to do let the GC pay for the bus ticket and hotel they did not need the bus ticket for all any one knew some one may have been driving me to New Orleans then what no comformation number?Then What?
DAB

Dwayne you need to read this again and try and understand what the GC are saying to you...they are not calling you a liar at all....they are saying that they needed confirmation sooner because the prices from April to July had increase quite a bit and the amount you were allocated was for the prices Amtrack in April..if you have secured your ticket in April all woudl have been fine..but you didn't , you left it too late..it's unfortunate but there is nothing that can be done now.

Jan

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.