Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:28:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 351
Total: 353

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: for dog and cat lovers  (Read 31607 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: for dog and cat lovers
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2013, 08:43:45 pm »
ok. i'll bite.
and their names were?

Pito and Chucha
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline mitch777

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2013, 08:50:08 pm »
Pito and Chucha
cute but it might get a little awkward calling out their names in a public park, no?
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2013, 08:55:28 pm »
night all.
another migraine. >:(

i'm outa here. :)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2013, 08:57:56 pm »
cute but it might get a little awkward calling out their names in a public park, no?

Who takes a cat for a walk in a park? Anyway if they'd been dogs I wouldn't have cared what anyone though about it. It was NYC not East Haddam.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2013, 09:58:06 pm »
I took Miss Lily for a nice walk today.  I didn't even put her on leash.   It was cold enogh and no one was around.  Mom keeps saying she's fine.  They're both the same age and enjoy roasting in front of the fireplace, so it might be true.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2013, 10:15:00 pm »
I'd be embarrassed to yell "Miss Lily" in a park.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2013, 10:20:12 pm »
I'd be embarrassed to yell "Miss Lily" in a park.

Not to worry, she has been well trained to run from people like you.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2013, 11:13:15 pm »
One of our dog's name is Elle.  We pronounce it Ellie.  I don't know how to make the mark for a long vowel here.  Is it called a macron?  Been a long time, since English class.  Plus, it seemed a tad pretentious to spell it that way..lol.  I sometimes call her Miss Elle, after the matriarch on "Dallas."  But, most think her name is like Elle Macpherson. 

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2013, 11:44:09 pm »
I took Miss Lily for a nice walk today.
glad you two got out of the house for while...
and glad you didn't break anything while you were out ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline wolfter

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2013, 09:35:15 am »
glad you two got out of the house for while...
and glad you didn't break anything while you were out ;)

Thank you.  That was the most excited she has been for a while.  She was even running a bit which surprised me as she's been looking so sickly lately.  Do dogs also get S.A.D.?

One of our dog's name is Elle.  We pronounce it Ellie.  I don't know how to make the mark for a long vowel here.  Is it called a macron?  Been a long time, since English class.  Plus, it seemed a tad pretentious to spell it that way..lol.  I sometimes call her Miss Elle, after the matriarch on "Dallas."  But, most think her name is like Elle Macpherson. 

My Miss Lily's registered name with the vet is Miss Lily Anna Wolfe. 

Again, it might be a regional thing as I've known many people to add Mr or Miss to their pets' names.  Also, we have always informally addressed people as Mrs. Karen, Mr. Max, Miss Martha...etc.  That's if we're on a friendly, familiar basis with them.  Other wise, it's the more formal Mr. Smith and so forth.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2013, 10:20:31 am »
No, It's not a regional thing  We got (2) Mister kitty Cats in our household

Mr. Maxx and Mr. Jazzy

HUGS

DEN   :D

"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline denb45

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2013, 10:30:00 am »
Who takes a cat for a walk in a park?

Both our Cats are leash/harness trained, we did this when they we very young

every afternoon or eve before the sun go's down we walk our cats

and nobody thinks anything about it at all  ::)

HUGS

DEN  :D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2013, 01:15:31 pm »
I don't think I've ever seen anyone walking a cat on a leash in my entire life. I mean seriously, can you imagine walking a cat in Manhattan?

Offline denb45

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2013, 07:52:56 pm »
Why fit in when you were born to stand out

nothing wrong with dancing to a different drummer

HUGS

DEN  :D

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2013, 07:31:04 am »
I don't think I've ever seen anyone walking a cat on a leash in my entire life. I mean seriously, can you imagine walking a cat in Manhattan?

Cats can be trained to walk on a leash, but you have to start them very young. Some breeds take to it better than others and Siamese cats, for example, often do well on them.

When I used to live at 99th and Broadway, there was a couple who lived over on West End Ave who used to take their two Siamese cats out for a stroll on their leashes most every evening, except during inclement weather. The cats loved it and they were very sociable cats who loved to stop and "talk" with people they met on their travels.

Their people were very sociable as well and loved to stop and talk with cat lovers who stopped to talk to the cats. My only problem with them was that they named the cats a very predictable Yin and Yang. They were brother and sister. The cats, not the couple. ;D

I've never trained a cat to a leash, but I have had several cats over the years who loved to go for walks. Monster (currently my youngest cat) loves to do this and I have to make sure he doesn't see me when I'm walking down into town because he'll follow me if I'm not careful.

He usually gets to accompany me over to my doctor's office (less than a mere block away from my house) when I have to drop off my monthly (non-hiv) script renewal. Sometimes I go for a walk around the neighbourhood with him just because I know he enjoys it so much.

ohohoh.... I nearly forgot! Ferrets can also be trained to a leash. I've known several ferret owners here on The Rock who can be regularly spotted out walking their ferrets around town. By the way, for cats and ferrets both, you need to use a harness rather than a collar if you're going to put a leash on them.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 07:33:52 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mitch777

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2013, 05:41:07 pm »
and todays lesson...
Training! :)

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2013, 01:47:40 am »
Animals take care of each other, too.  The big dog is blind.  The little dog is his seeing eye dog.  I saw them on the news. 

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2013, 02:01:40 am »
Speaking of animals taking care of each other... I was so upset today with one of my dogs.  There was an injured bird in our yard.  It either was in some accident, or a cat got at it.  It's right eye was missing, and there was blood stained all over it.  It was also breathing so hard, obviously struggling to breathe.  I think it had a punctured lung.  It couldn't fly. 

As an animal lover, I felt so helpless.  I hated to see it suffer.  I just hated for it to suffer for hours, until its death.  Our dog has no interest in chasing and killing animals.  An hour later, it was worse than we found it.  Our dog picks it up in her mouth and then drops it.  The bird died.  I was so angry with her.  But, then I thought she saved it from suffering more.  Since she never showed any interest in killing animals before, we began to wonder whether she wanted to stop its suffering.  That's what we are going with.  We dug a small hole and buried it. 

Offline mitch777

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2013, 06:48:50 pm »
Animals take care of each other, too.  The big dog is blind.  The little dog is his seeing eye dog.  I saw them on the news. 

how cute is that?
Speaking of animals taking care of each other... I was so upset today with one of my dogs.  There was an injured bird in our yard.  It either was in some accident, or a cat got at it.  It's right eye was missing, and there was blood stained all over it.  It was also breathing so hard, obviously struggling to breathe.  I think it had a punctured lung.  It couldn't fly. 

Since she never showed any interest in killing animals before, we began to wonder whether she wanted to stop its suffering.  That's what we are going with.   
sad, but I would go with that theory too... even it only makes us humans feel better.
the birdie's prognosis didn't sound very good. :(

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2013, 06:52:41 pm »
  We dug a small hole and buried it.

^This is very sweet Ted, we need more animal lovers like yourself.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline mitch777

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2013, 06:57:25 pm »

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2013, 12:37:09 am »
I saw another dog duo on the news, where one is blind and the other is the seeing eye doggy.  This time, the dog takes the blind dog around on a leash.  Some may think the one just has control issues. 

Offline scotty54

« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2013, 10:32:48 am »
http://web.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/SDC10001.JPG?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=108363&part=2

He died a few months back.  See his favorite plastic bone on the rug.  If you tried to move or get it you might lose a finger.  Only dog I can remember that hid plastic (and edible milk-bones) under rugs/sheets/pillows/ and sofa cushions.  True to his Scottish heritage he was stubborn,willfull and full-of-himself until the end.  Geez he is missed.

Gotta love a dog that sometimes growled at small children.
I may not agree with you, but will always defend your right to disagree.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2013, 03:46:10 pm »
Scotty,
Sorry to hear of your loss. Wish I could see what he looked like but you provided a bad link.

This picture reminded me of a little childhood incident.
When I was about 4 or 5 years old we got a pet goldfish.
I was SO excited and wanted him (or her?) to sleep with me so I "fished" him out of his bowl, placed him on my pillow, and fell asleep happy that my beloved goldfish was with me.
He died.
End of story. :-[

And speaking of fish....
When I was in my teens I had an aquarium in my bedroom.
We also had a sweet but crazy dog (Zeke) who LOVED sitting for hours and hours at a time watching the fish.
I don't have a picture of him but found this pic online for those of you who may never have heard of an Irish Water Spaniel.
(he loved water!)

Offline scotty54

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2013, 10:58:06 pm »
Mitch----
Thx for telling pic of late doggy failed.  Got to get better with photo bucket and all.
Will work on some more, he was a terrific scottish terrier.  Loved the shot of the Irish
Water Spaniel. 

Always watch the Westminster every year.  When the moderator is introducing the scottish terrier entry.......He always remarks.......This breed may not be for everyone......many of them feel superior to their masters.  All true.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2013, 05:15:40 pm »
Scotty,
Don't feel too bad.
I just learned how to post a pic a few months ago.
pm me if you need help from a novice. :)

I don't know for the life of me why I haven't mentioned our 16 year old Bulldog before.
His name is "Footstool". :)

He has given us SO much comfort over the years. :)

Offline scotty54

« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2013, 09:47:35 am »
Mitch,
Have had a few challenging days as of late.  My next step is getting my favorite computer nerd friend in for some homework.  After all, posting photos can't be rocket science.  Thanks for the offer........just in case I need to send out a distressed message.

I couldn't live without my footrest next to my favorite lounge chair.  Mine, however is not anywhere as cute as the bulldog.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2013, 01:50:34 am »
You don't have to be a pet lover to appreciate this video.  This could have big implications for humans.  You have to watch this video, from World News.  This boxer could barely get around, and it was recommended the dog be put down.  The dog received a stem cell treatment, and the results were nothing but amazing.

It is in a feature that gives quick info on a few stories of the day, so that is why the title says Tiger Woods.  The dog story follows the Tiger story.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/instant-index-tiger-woods-faces-eighth-grader-masters-18909997?tab=9482930&section=1206853&playlist=18910110

Offline mitch777

« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2013, 08:07:01 am »
wow! what a transformation! :)
I think I need me some stem cells. :)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2013, 09:42:38 am »
Wow ... I want some of those stem cells too , I would be back to chasing balls again in no time .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2013, 10:34:18 am »
Wow that's remarkable!

I could sure use a cell or two also.

I would be back to chasing balls again in no time .

Oh lord, Jeff chasing balls again, that's scary ;D
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Dachshund

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2013, 11:03:04 am »
It's high-end doggy design. Sorta like sneakers without laces.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2013, 11:13:54 am »
After all, posting photos can't be rocket science.  Thanks for the offer........just in case I need to send out a distressed message.
check out the stickied thread "IMPORTANT: PERSONALIZED AVATARS/FORUMS PICTURES" in the OT forum for instructions about posting pix  ;)

Oh and to stay on-topic myself, I recently spent $636 a couple weeks ago on my 2 cockers (that was the money I made working at several pro medicaid-expansion forums across the state. the money was supposed to go to my car fund but ... you do what you have to do sometimes). They had two tumors removed and got antibiotics to help clear up some terrible ear infections. After two weeks eating pills hidden inside of powdered sugar doughnuts, everyone is doing very well. Even though they are pretty old at 14 yrs old, both boyz have perked up a little bit. Having just lost their 15 yr old brother back in January, I'm glad it looks like I'll still have these guys around for a while longer.

Aries and Zeus
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline mitch777

« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2013, 01:26:37 pm »
beautiful dogs mikie!
so glad to hear they are feeling better! :)

we were going through some old pictures last night and were thinking of our beloved Mr. Wilson who we lost a year ago. :'(
Wilson is "salt and pepper" and Oliver is black.

they slept like this at Oliver's insistence.
Wilson pretended to be annoyed but he really did love Oliver.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2013, 08:37:18 pm »
I know what I'm getting Miss P for Christmas.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/08/ferrets-rodents-sold-as-toy-poodles-argentina_n_3037094.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Actually I want Llama fetuses from the Witches Market in La Paz, Bolivia.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2013, 08:41:11 pm »
This was such a nice thread up until that ^ I knew it wouldn't last though.  :'(

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2013, 08:47:24 pm »
This was such a nice thread up until that ^ I knew it wouldn't last though.  :'(

-W

You're always so queasy about women's reproductive issues. What's up with that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvEb9jU8O5M

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2013, 08:55:41 pm »
You're always so queasy about women's reproductive issues. What's up with that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvEb9jU8O5M

Uhhh not to get further off Topic but .... LMAO!

It says Chinese people can have sex?? Who knew

Maximum LOL @ 1:04
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 09:03:04 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2013, 07:50:57 pm »
I present to you..

Cheezburger Kitteh...
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2013, 07:53:44 pm »
I present to you..

Cheezburger Llama fetuses...

Offline mitch777

« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2013, 07:56:58 pm »
warped ^.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2013, 08:00:09 pm »
warped ^.

Do you have something against the religious practices of high Andes Bolivians? Sounds kind of racist if you ask me.

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2013, 08:01:09 pm »
Yuck
How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline mitch777

« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2013, 08:04:42 pm »
Do you have something against the religious practices of high Andes Bolivians? Sounds kind of racist if you ask me.
guilty as charged. ::)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2013, 08:09:21 pm »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2013, 11:33:40 am »
because this thread needed pix of puppies:

not my puppies but a lot cuter and more appropriate than dead Llama fetuses in a dog/cat thread

these are my puppies Aries and Zeus back in 1999
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline mitch777

« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2013, 02:53:52 pm »
Thanks Mikie!
Adorable. :)

And to continue with PUPPIES and other "pleasant" creatures...

(oh, and the puppy is cute too ;).)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2013, 03:09:17 pm »
Is that the kind of guy you like, Mitchell? He's 16. ::) He probably has a total of six pubic hairs. I'd bet good money that you wank to Bel Ami porn.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:13:06 pm by Miss Philicia »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.