Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:43:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 264
Total: 265

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Too many unhappy couples, too many divorces?  (Read 21670 times)

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
Re: Too many unhappy couples, too many divorces?
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2011, 05:39:59 pm »
Since teh Rev is an immaculate body his wedding will be held somewhere holy.  A choir of angels will sing at the reception.
I would love to be at your reception - I'm sure the choir of angels would probably sing selections such as "Like A Prayer" and perhaps, some classy R. Kelly tune...

If you wouldn't mind, I could perhaps design their performance outfits - something on the Bob Mackie side - maybe sequined speedos, with studded leather shawls, and for footwear, a Gucci styled, Snookie-ish boot.
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2011, 06:18:02 pm »
If you wouldn't mind, I could perhaps design their performance outfits - something on the Bob Mackie side - maybe sequined speedos, with studded leather shawls, and for footwear, a Gucci styled, Snookie-ish boot.

Don't forget to accessorize.  Some tacky puke shell necklaces would be lovely.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2011, 06:40:21 pm »
Since Ms. P is going to land either Geronimo or some other Latin hunk...

may I suggest something a Catholic boy might find appealing for the wedding and the wedding night.

The dress is Christian Lacroix, dahling.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 06:42:36 pm by GSOgymrat »

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2011, 06:49:06 pm »
Inviting the ex-boyfriends? That would certainly make for a memorable reception!

Oh No Ford,

The ex boyfriends wouldn't be invited, they would be the entertainment.  In a Long Beach bar, my evil twin mentioned, "don't look now face but 5 of your boyfriends just walked in." Well actually, there were 6 and they were together.  They could be dressed as Elvis impersonators and singing, Elvis Costello.

I could move the wedding theme from the Charles Manson mass murder special in Los Angeles to a cute drive-thru wedding chapel in Lovelock Nevada where Butch, plain Butch(my brother) and Little Doll (the 360 pounds of pork in a tube top, sporting a bible and a bad attitude) my sister were married-  It was my brothers third marriage and my sisters second marriage on Valentines Day during different years.  They didn't really marry each other.  There would be a vending machine with rice, rings, Vail and witnesses and the Elvis Costellos could perform there wearing their Buddy Holly glasses!

I could do the drunken trailer trash family wedding with early morning cheap champagne in a city park while the brother of the groom jumps up on a table yelling, "The Bride is a Slut and I'll Fight anyone who denies it!" Get some rocky mountain oysters on the grill and a good time will be had in California.   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline David_CA

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2011, 01:43:13 pm »
I've had two 'loves of my life' - my ex-wife (total of 14 years together) and my current husband (going on 12 years).  Things have obviously not always been easy, but I've never wished that I was not with that person or thought my life would be better without them. 

Attraction, feelings of love, etc are obviously part of a functioning relationship, but so many don't seem to have what I consider three key ingredients - friendship, dedication, and respect.  I see relationships where spouses try to actually hurt and manipulate the other.  By that, I mean feelings, physically, emotionally, etc.  Friends wouldn't do that to each other.  People who respect each other wouldn't likely, either.  Friends, if they're to remain close, don't smother each other.  A certain amount of freedom goes a long way to an individual being happy; when both partners are happy themselves, they're much more likely to be happy together.   
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2011, 03:24:54 pm »
I've had two 'loves of my life' - my ex-wife (total of 14 years together) and my current husband (going on 12 years).  Things have obviously not always been easy, but I've never wished that I was not with that person or thought my life would be better without them. 

Attraction, feelings of love, etc are obviously part of a functioning relationship, but so many don't seem to have what I consider three key ingredients - friendship, dedication, and respect.  I see relationships where spouses try to actually hurt and manipulate the other.  By that, I mean feelings, physically, emotionally, etc.  Friends wouldn't do that to each other.  People who respect each other wouldn't likely, either.  Friends, if they're to remain close, don't smother each other.  A certain amount of freedom goes a long way to an individual being happy; when both partners are happy themselves, they're much more likely to be happy together.   

David that is so true.  One of my sincere beliefs, and a thought that comes to mind ever so often when I view things my wife does, is that I am not her father, nor did she get into a relationship to be told what to do.  We both have understandable boundaries...  but other than that are free to do whatever it is we want to do.  She has her "girl days" and I have my football Sundays, works out great.

"I consider three key ingredients - friendship, dedication, and respect.

had to quote that again for greater emphasis.

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2011, 03:39:39 pm »
Thanks for the last two thoughtful posts, bringing this thread back on track!   :D

I thought I had all that with my last bf, until I didn't after about 10 years.
Onwards and.... upwards? (he was short!)
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2011, 10:28:42 pm »
I thought I had all that with my last bf, until I didn't after about 10 years.
Onwards and.... upwards? (he was short!)

Maybe you DID have it with your last boyfriend.  People change.  I've always found it interesting that people will end a relationship and negate any good times.  Sometimes things do just run their course.

David -- I do believe you hit the nail on the head!  My partner is my best friend, he is who I want to tell a story to first, when something happens or I see something interesting -- BUT......  I have my other interests too.  We would not have lasted 20 years if we were together 24x7.  I can't imagine my life without him, but neither could I stand being together constantly.
I think another thing is that you must be willing to "let the little things go".  I used to go crazy because he doesn't do the dishes or the laundry "right".  I realized that he only does them differently -- but rather than go nuts over it, I just do the laundry and the dishes myself. 

Mike

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2011, 11:10:04 pm »
David -- I do believe you hit the nail on the head!  My partner is my best friend, he is who I want to tell a story to first, when something happens or I see something interesting -- BUT......  I have my other interests too.  We would not have lasted 20 years if we were together 24x7.  I can't imagine my life without him, but neither could I stand being together constantly.

I agree. Because my partner is a flight attendant he is gone for days or weeks at a time. When he returns we both have interesting things to share. It keeps things fresh. Also I have a lot of things that I enjoy doing that he doesn't. When he is gone I can watch a sci-fi marathon, eat moo goo gai pan and run the dishwasher with impunity. (He thought sci-fi was pronounced "sky-fi", moo goo gai pan is too bland and washing dishes by hands somehow saves water-- although how well water that comes out of the front yard and eventually ends up in the back yard is "saved" is beyond my reasoning).

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2011, 11:23:00 pm »
When he is gone I can watch a sci-fi marathon, eat moo goo gai pan and run the dishwasher with impunity.

Gee sweetheart -- which whip does he use on you when he's home and you order the wrong thing from the take out menu?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2011, 12:36:26 am »
Gee sweetheart -- which whip does he use on you when he's home and you order the wrong thing from the take out menu?

This is North Carolina. We ain't got no fancy whips. You go out back to the pawpaw and get a switch.

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2011, 01:00:50 am »
I'm not sure about the civilian world, but I know here with the military lifestyle Divorce rates are really high. I've been married 3 times myself and I'm only 28 years old.  I think in part its because we rush a lot in the army life.  Or guys come home from overseas and marry the first girl they can.  Deployments cause a lot of divorces too. The divorce rate is so high though that the military does a lot of free counseling and marriage retreats.  It doesn't do much to counter the divorce rate.  Me and my husband dated for a few weeks before we were married.  But honestly, with  most couples I know that is common or typical.  Life just really seems even shorter too us, and the guys are only home a year in between deployments.

I've seen a lot of women think they can handle it, and then during the first deployment they break down.  My mom was one of those, she couldn't handle my dad always being away in the field or gone to other countries so she ran off with a guy who was getting out of the army.  The military has an old saying though "If the army wanted you to have a wife, they would have issued you one"
April 2006 - Sero-Conversion
December 2009 - Diagnosed
Jan 2010- VL 3,800 CD4 152
Summer 2010 VL UD, CD4 over 200
September 2010 VL UD, CD4 324
March 2011 VL UD, CD4 477
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2011, 01:25:54 am »
Ouch, Ravhyn. Did it ever occur to you that if the military wanted you to have a husband, YOU would have been issued with one? Damn. What's good for the goose...
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2011, 02:12:05 pm »
We were at the Legion of Honor museum yesterday,  There is an 18th Century painting on permanent exhibit on the main level.  He has been drawing me to that painting for over 2 years, the theme of this work is the bridal party before the wedding showing every human emotion possible.  I had thought of getting on my knee, taking his hand and asking him to be my wife. 

This thread ruined that for me, oh well...  In the parking lot, he wanted to show me something in his car, a new LCD HDTV set for me.  Then, instead of going to the non-member entrance of the museum, we went to the member entrance where he bought a 1 year membership for us, to be used at both the Legion and the DeYoung museums for unlimited entrance of all exhibitions...

I can't propose because, I am already "married."  I can expect our first "child" a 4 legged furry one which we will name "Little Milton," whose grandparents are GlaxoSmithKline ( the makers of Sustiva).  Little Milton will go on to enter and win the International Haiku Contest with his entry, "Do not tell me, I am responsible for your throw-up."  With an audience of drug reps cooing from around the world, there will not be a dry seat in the house   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2011, 02:58:31 pm »

Michael that amnesia haze is working good today, I get it.  I'm right there with you man.....
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2011, 03:33:20 pm »
  A choir of angels will sing at the reception.

My reception, let me tell you about my reception...

In the late 1960's there was a stunning blond, with a sultry voice who adorned the stages of Winterland, Lydia Pense fronted for a band called COLD BLOOD.  Cold Blood had a horn section which included a set of identical twins on saxophones who could easily be mistaken for the Tower of Power Horn Section.  Ms. Pense and her band disappeared in the early 1970's, a record retailer said she got married.  The final performance in black sequined, bare midriff was set in front of the wind power electric generators at Altamont.  The students who would become the CEO's of the dot com world would no longer melt on the floor of the auditoriums as she sang, "I just want to make love to you."

Well, she has made a comeback and for MY reception, I am going to have Lydia Pense, a 65 year old grandmother in black sequined bare midriff singing, "I just want to make love to you."   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.