Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:29:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 223
Total: 223

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Can I just say one thing?  (Read 20988 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Can I just say one thing?
« on: June 10, 2008, 09:57:58 am »

I AM SO F*CKING TIRED OF THIS CRAP!

Thank goodness after FIVE DAYS of a massive heat wave a cold front will arrive at approximately 8pm, along with 6  solid hours of strong thunderstorms which just flooded the midwest.  Whatever -- the high will still be 88°F/30°C tomorrow.  Some relief!

I detest summer.  Seriously.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: Can I just say one thing?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 10:21:58 am »
I love summer.  Seriously.  I cannot stand all that cold weather BS.  Still...it has been impossibly hot here of late.  I will give you that.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline bear60

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 10:25:43 am »
David
I do sincerely hope that you have a good air conditioner...and if you need one you will call me and let me know because we can run down to Home Depot and get you one.
I have developed a slight heat rash in the southern region. I hope you are doing ok.
Joel
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 10:31:37 am »
Can I just say one thing?

You can never have too many hats, gloves or shoes.

Cheers.  Thanks a lot.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 10:39:29 am »
David
I do sincerely hope that you have a good air conditioner...and if you need one you will call me and let me know because we can run down to Home Depot and get you one.
I have developed a slight heat rash in the southern region. I hope you are doing ok.
Joel

Oh, they installed central AC in my apartment the year I moved in.  My apartment would be uninhabitable otherwise, because I'm on the top floor of a +100 year old building and there's not even any crawl space containing insulation that I know of.  The sun beats down directly on my ceiling and I have to run the AC as soon as it gets to 75 outside.  My electrical bill for a one bedroom is wretched, but what's a girl to do?

ps:  Tim, I exposed Mouse to Ab Fab (specifically the "Morocco" episode) and he didn't seem to appreciate the experience. 

Offline bear60

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 11:06:31 am »

[attachment deleted by admin]
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 11:16:32 am »
ps:  Tim, I exposed Mouse to Ab Fab (specifically the "Morocco" episode) and he didn't seem to appreciate the experience. 

Pearls are clutched furiously.

These kids today...
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 12:19:30 pm »
I'm not sure he found Paris is Burning particularly spectacular either, but then it's a bit sordid and depressing in parts.  But you gotta love how a Jewish lesbian somehow cracked into that Harlem ball subculture... but then again Philicia managed to do it too around that same year.  I slept with one of the contestants in the "Butch Queen Realness" category but unfortunately he's currently living here and can't be easily reached.  I'm not quite sure what he did to gain entrance into that lofty institution as the last time he called me (collect, naturally) he wouldn't tell me.  Something tells me when the day comes (and I have no idea how close or far off that would be either) that he's released he'll somehow locate me and try and move in.

Yet another in a long string of troubled swarthy men I seem to attract, generally of the horribly untamable sort.  I really need to settle down with a nice, normal young man.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 12:28:37 pm »
this swarthy thing has trouble written all over it. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 01:45:12 pm »
Oh... you don't know the half of it, sister.  I really must tell you all about Miguel, my man in San Juan.  A well known local felon, he stupidly put on a pair of handcuffs in my hotel room and locked them, then we couldn't find the keys.  I had to get to the airport to make my flight, so I wrapped a towel around his wrists and told him to go sort it out on his own.  There was nothing I could do, and they weren't my handcuffs nor had I told him to put them on in the first place.

Anyway, he leaves with the towel and about 30 mintues later the front desk clerk summons me to the lobby where a group of San Juan police are gathered with Miguel, demanding to know why this known felon left my hotel room with a pair of locked handcuffs.  To make matters worse, in the adjoining al fresco bar there were at least 2 guys observing all of this mayhem that I'd also slept with, and the entire hotel staff was gagging since I'd basically tipped them all to overlook the fact that my hotel room was practically a brothel for 5 days.

*sigh*

Years later Miguel was found dead outside the Atlantic Beach Hotel (ps: NEVER stay there!) around 6am from an apparent bullet wound.  And, of course, since it's a very small world that I live in it was a friend of mine from Philadelphia down there visiting that was the one that happened upon the still warm corpse.

He was really hot though -- part Italian, part Puerto Rican.  Covered in tattoos and with severe cockage -- that thing was massive even when it was flacid.  Plus we'd spend entire nights just playing pool, drinking beer and snorting copious amounts of pure cocaine... then we'd go out dancing with a bunch of trannies.  Miguel even once completely bloodied up some guy for trying to pick me up at the after hours bar.  That was a bit messy.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 01:49:30 pm by philly267 »

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 02:47:15 pm »
You life is not exactly an Edith Wharton novel, is it Philly.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 02:54:14 pm »
Oh... you don't know the half of it, sister.  I really must tell you all about Miguel, my man in San Juan.  A well known local felon, he stupidly put on a pair of handcuffs in my hotel room and locked them, then we couldn't find the keys.  I had to get to the airport to make my flight, so I wrapped a towel around his wrists and told him to go sort it out on his own.  There was nothing I could do, and they weren't my handcuffs nor had I told him to put them on in the first place.

Anyway, he leaves with the towel and about 30 mintues later the front desk clerk summons me to the lobby where a group of San Juan police are gathered with Miguel, demanding to know why this known felon left my hotel room with a pair of locked handcuffs.  To make matters worse, in the adjoining al fresco bar there were at least 2 guys observing all of this mayhem that I'd also slept with, and the entire hotel staff was gagging since I'd basically tipped them all to overlook the fact that my hotel room was practically a brothel for 5 days.

*sigh*

Years later Miguel was found dead outside the Atlantic Beach Hotel (ps: NEVER stay there!) around 6am from an apparent bullet wound.  And, of course, since it's a very small world that I live in it was a friend of mine from Philadelphia down there visiting that was the one that happened upon the still warm corpse.

He was really hot though -- part Italian, part Puerto Rican.  Covered in tattoos and with severe cockage -- that thing was massive even when it was flacid.  Plus we'd spend entire nights just playing pool, drinking beer and snorting copious amounts of pure cocaine... then we'd go out dancing with a bunch of trannies.  Miguel even once completely bloodied up some guy for trying to pick me up at the after hours bar.  That was a bit messy.

5 Star Post.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 03:44:19 pm »

*sigh*

LOVED this story, although maybe they'd be quicker reads if you only pointed out the folks you DIDN'T sleep with (i.e. "a group of San Juan police, who I didn't sleep with...", etc.). 

;)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 04:01:07 pm »
Hot eh?

Think of it as the Lord's way of preparing you sissified perverts for the eternal torments of Hell.

Glory!

MtD

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 04:02:47 pm »
Hot eh?

Think of it as the Lord's way of preparing you sissified perverts for the eternal torments of Hell.

Glory!

MtD

LOL

I'm ok with the heat. Cant stand the cold though.

Offline shadowfluid

• Mike
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 04:19:25 pm »
70 degrees in Los Angeles....*neener neener*
Jan 08       321/23%  VL 92,000 (very mild shingles)
Feb 1 08    Start Truvada+Viramune
March 08    470/33%  VL 320
mid-May     Start Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada
June 08      571/ 40%     VL   80
August 08   585/ 33%     VL >50
Nov  Lab error!!!!!!!!wah.
Jan 09        535      Undetectable
March 11     756

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 04:25:29 pm »
Dallas is

87°F
Cloudy
Wind: S at 6 mph
Humidity: 62%

Totally normal weather for us...

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 04:37:13 pm »
Oh, and I'm about to cook a roast in this heat.  Absurd, I know.... but whatever.  I bought the meat days ago and it needs to be cooked before it spoils.

I need to dash to the supermarket for shallots though -- MUST have roasted shallots with this always!

Other than that tonight is the season finale of WORK OUT!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 04:40:52 pm »
Here in Boolaboolabongbong it's a seasonal 11 degrees C at 85% humidity.

MtD

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 05:10:25 pm »
Other than that tonight is the season finale of WORK OUT!

OMG, I hate that show!  I gave it a few episodes because it was Bravo and I'm gay, but no way.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 05:24:56 pm »
Think yourself lucky..this was our headline news this morning:

Motorists in Southland are being warned to take extreme care as snow, hail and sleet have made driving conditions dangerous.

The severe gale force winds predicted have eased but heavy snowfall is still on the agenda for parts of the country as a cold front makes it way across New Zealand.

The Radio Network's head weather analyst Philip Duncan says the South Island has been battered by very strong winds where gusts of more than 150 kilometres an hour has been recorded.

Hugs
Jan :-*
(who is now wondring how she can fit all her babies into the the lounge in front of the log fire.. ;))
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 05:30:55 pm »
Dallas is

87°F
Cloudy
Wind: S at 6 mph
Humidity: 62%

Totally normal weather for us

Winn

I came home last night from Dallas (after a 6 hour delay - thank you AA) and it was hotter here....at midnight!.  Plus - NYC in this kinda heat...it ain't pretty.

Pete

Offline fearless

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 07:14:20 pm »
Give me hot stinking summer weather any day. I hate the cold. It's a cold and depressing 17 C (about 65 F) at the moment and it's about to get worse, so they reckon, wet and cold for the weekend.

Philicia - you need to write a novel or novella about your exploits with Miguel. We don't get many Dominicans down this way, but you've definitely peaked my interest. must pop them on my things to do before i die list.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 07:33:45 pm »
Miguel was in San Juan, Puerto Rico.  Luis Alberto Reyes Bourgos was my man in the Dominican Republic -- you're mixing up your islands!.  Luis was by far my idea of perfection though.  However, Miguel was a bit more fun, and always a yearly habit of mine though the last year I saw him I'd had enough as he begun to drink too much and get violent.  Miguel was not dependable, so you had to make the most of him when he deigned to make an appearance.  Luis was full service, and would meet me at the airport, carry all the luggage, pump gas and was basically a personal valet and chauffeur with a very large uncut cock.  And for a boy from the bad part of town he sure as hell liked Jil Sander cologne and Kiehl's moisturizer.  He had a really bad experience the night I made him try poppers though and I had to take him to la clinica at 3am because he thought he was having a heart attack.

They were both complete lummoxes though, but in a cute way.  As far as I know Luis was never in prison, but he did have a brief appearance in Horse Hung Hispanics Vol. 5 by Latino Fan Club video.  However they gave him another name and said he was from Costa Rica for some odd reason.  I had such a scandalous time my last trip to Santo Domingo that when the airplane lifted off the tarmac on the way back to the US I promised Jesus that I'd never go back.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 07:37:48 pm by philly267 »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 08:15:00 pm »
o noes o noes!!!111ONE!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2008, 08:54:47 pm »
Winn

I came home last night from Dallas (after a 6 hour delay - thank you AA) and it was hotter here....at midnight!.  Plus - NYC in this kinda heat...it ain't pretty.

Pete

I imagine it would be pretty bad. I'm guessing they would have less green areas and you know how cement holds that heat in.
In the city I'm thinking it would be torture with the buildings blocking the wind.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2008, 09:10:34 pm »
Actually if the city has a grid pattern (like NYC or Philadelphia) the tall buildings often create wind tunnel effects and it's gustier than normal.  Hence why Manhattan can be atrociously cold in the winter if it's windy.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 09:13:10 pm »
Oh, so it kinda flushes out the hot stale air.
Nothing like walking in the oven from one refrigerated place to another.

Offline fearless

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 09:22:10 pm »
Miguel was in San Juan, Puerto Rico.  Luis Alberto Reyes Bourgos was my man in the Dominican Republic -- you're mixing up your islands!.  Luis was by far my idea of perfection though.  However, Miguel was a bit more fun, and always a yearly habit of mine though the last year I saw him I'd had enough as he begun to drink too much and get violent.  Miguel was not dependable, so you had to make the most of him when he deigned to make an appearance.  Luis was full service, and would meet me at the airport, carry all the luggage, pump gas and was basically a personal valet and chauffeur with a very large uncut cock.  And for a boy from the bad part of town he sure as hell liked Jil Sander cologne and Kiehl's moisturizer.  He had a really bad experience the night I made him try poppers though and I had to take him to la clinica at 3am because he thought he was having a heart attack.

They were both complete lummoxes though, but in a cute way.  As far as I know Luis was never in prison, but he did have a brief appearance in Horse Hung Hispanics Vol. 5 by Latino Fan Club video.  However they gave him another name and said he was from Costa Rica for some odd reason.  I had such a scandalous time my last trip to Santo Domingo that when the airplane lifted off the tarmac on the way back to the US I promised Jesus that I'd never go back.

bah, all jsut dots in the carribean, or what we tend to refer to as the West Indies (incorrectly, lumping the entire carribean into an old colonial name for a few islands).

I note we both have a thing for the odd lummox though. I've had this occassional thing with a guy named Tony over the last 20 years or so. Tall, dark, handsome and a true lummox (in the cute, sexy way). Attentive and loving, mostly but prone to the odd 'moment' when you fear for your safety. For some reason, we've not crossed paths for about 5 years now. I often wonder where he is, and hope he is OK.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 09:28:33 pm by fearless »

Offline edfu

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2008, 05:09:35 am »
Philly,

I want to hear more about being gang-raped by a group of Moroccans and Algerians from the Dix-Huitieme Arrondissement, to which you once referred.  (Can the willing be, you know, raped?)

Is there a (porn) book with your stories, or not?  I think so.  Title:  "My Adventures with Swarth." 

P.S.  Yes, the Atlantic Beach Hotel in San Juan was something else indeed in the 70s!  What was the name of the disco they had on the top floor?   
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 08:56:43 am »
IIRC it was the 14th arrondisement -- where one finds the famous catacombs there are many Moroccans and Algerians in the area, all incredibly sexy.  My reference was only to wishful thinking of being gang raped there, though I did manage to meet a deaf Algerian boy on the dance floor at The Queen, the large nightclub on the Champs-Élysées.

Ah, the disco on the roof of the Atlantic Beach is long gone.  Last I was there in 1999 there was only an unused hot tub.  The place is tired and aside from my first trip to San Juan I never stayed again, though of course Sunday Tea Dance is traditional.  I think that the hot place to go is still Eros, which was once called Crash -- it's over a decade running now.

You know, sometimes I actually ponder retiring to Puerto Rico.  If I'd not stopped working I would have totally bought a piece of property in the Ocean Park area of San Juan -- it's the nicest with the best beach.  I actually always stayed at this place whenever I made my yearly jaunts down there in the 90's.  It's not gay, but the owners are hugely gay friendly and the group of guys I used to go down there with all became good friends with the owners.  It's quite private, very secure/gated with direct beach access, and with an excellent on premises restaurant.  They only have about a dozen rooms, and there's usually about 1/3 of the patrons that are gay.

Here's a good article on Ocean Park for anyone planning a visit.  It's a good secret to know.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 12:12:37 pm »
Give me hot stinking summer weather any day. I hate the cold. It's a cold and depressing 17 C (about 65 F) at the moment and it's about to get worse, so they reckon, wet and cold for the weekend.

It's a sweltering 58 here - Fahrenheit. Such is summer on the Rock. ::) If it were 65, I'd have on a sleeveless shirt and maybe even some shorts.

I miss real summers. We had a couple days in the lower 70's last week and I suppose that's probably all we'll get until next year.  :'(

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline chm02

• id est
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2008, 12:59:41 pm »
If it were 65, I'd have on a sleeveless shirt and maybe even some shorts.

No doubt this is sufficient reason for God keeping the place cool.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 03:49:42 pm »

Word has it you're no beauty yourself, babe. ;)

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 03:52:27 pm »

WOW

That was really unkind.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2008, 04:04:12 pm »
WOW

That was really unkind.

Yeah, really.  Ouch. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2008, 04:09:06 pm »
WOW

That was really unkind.
Yeah, really.  Ouch. 

~shrug~

In my experience, people who feel the need to say things like that are really insecure about their own looks. If it makes him feel better to put me down, then maybe I made his dreary day a little brighter.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2008, 04:59:00 pm »
~shrug~

In my experience, people who feel the need to say things like that are really insecure about their own looks. If it makes him feel better to put me down, then maybe I made his dreary day a little brighter.

At least they didn't mock your post count :)

Offline chm02

• id est
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2008, 06:08:20 pm »
I do say the most awful things- and i am terribly sorry!
I don't know what gets into me sometimes- a little demon seems to take control, and turns me into an evil, cackling witch!

a med side effect..?

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2008, 06:36:54 pm »
I don't know what gets into me sometimes- a little demon seems to take control, and turns me into an evil, cackling witch!

a med side effect..?

that sounded so sincere.........

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2008, 06:45:19 pm »
OK FOLKS LET'S LIGHTEN THINGS UP HERE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idlX-oZCGEg

Offline Lis

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2008, 06:46:21 pm »
Its 95 today in the south of Nebraska... the saving grace... there is a breeze... I feel bad for all those in the flood.. but at least we still have our home...  the rains have been so bad for the people around the water.. and 3 family's have lost EVERYTHING in the tornado... .. I try and feel lucky!
poz 1986....

Offline shadowfluid

• Mike
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2008, 06:47:22 pm »
that sounded so sincere.........
Well look at his profile.  Stop the insanity! Where is Daddy P when you need him? :)
March 11     756

Offline shadowfluid

• Mike
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2008, 06:57:35 pm »

I was three when this came out.
March 11     756

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2008, 06:58:36 pm »

a med side effect..?

Well, mate, next time you feel like that, you could always crawl back under that bridge...

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Lis

« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2008, 07:01:50 pm »
that man seems to have a helment.... may I ride away with him?  (I really like BIG men on MC's) 
poz 1986....

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2008, 07:11:29 pm »

LOL I am old enough to remember 1983 but I dont remember this film.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2008, 07:15:32 pm »
that man seems to have a helment.... may I ride away with him?  (I really like BIG men on MC's) 

Lis, dear, that man with a helmet is none other than our dear, sweet chm02, as featured on his blog.

I hear he wants to be kicked. ;D

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2008, 07:20:10 pm »
I do however remember this one from 1983.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjfcOlzqncY&feature=related

Offline fearless

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2008, 07:41:04 pm »
It's a sweltering 58 here - Fahrenheit. Such is summer on the Rock. ::) If it were 65, I'd have on a sleeveless shirt and maybe even some shorts.

I miss real summers. We had a couple days in the lower 70's last week and I suppose that's probably all we'll get until next year.  :'(

Ann, you are doing nothing to encourage me to come visit you and your rock next NH summer.  :-\
I had to laugh here yesterday as 65 isn't really that cold, but so many people here were wearing trench coats and scarves or otherwise rugged up. I guess it's what you get used to. Ask Tim Horn - I was literally shivering when I caught up with him last year - it was about 60F.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.