Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:42:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 375
Total: 377

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Going to UK and then Dubai with meds  (Read 2418 times)

Offline AnxiousBoy

Going to UK and then Dubai with meds
« on: December 21, 2019, 12:30:43 am »
Hi guys,
Just wanted to check with you guys

I'm selected out of 500 employees to receive training at UK and then visit client at Dubai.
My trip will be transit to Dubai and then to UK. The training at UK will be 2 and a half days.
And then, I'll have to depart to Dubai for business trip to visit client for 2 and a half days (if you calculate arriving dubai at 8pm Dubai time).
Im on HAART. Is it safe to travel to Dubai with the meds even though illegal? And I've read in 2019, you need approval prior your arrival for prescription drugs which I don't think it's a good idea to expose the status with the drugs.
Please advise.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Going to UK and then Dubai with meds
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 12:40:08 am »
Hiya,

Welcome to the forum.

How are you getting on with treatment? How are you doing otherwise?

As for Dubai, there were two more recent threads on this, perhaps, the answers there will be helpful.

https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=70167.msg

https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=72302.msg

Best, Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline AnxiousBoy

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 01:05:27 am »
Hiya Jim,

I'm doing very fine. Thanks for welcoming me here. My viral load has been undetectable and living like normal being very adherent with the meds.

Yeap, I've seen the discussion on the other threads. So far, been really positive. It's just regulations changes over time and UAE news coverage is so frightening and I do not want to be embarrassed at a golden opportunity presented to me. So I came knocking here for any updated info, advice or experience despite that I've read the other threads.

I did consulted my doctors and they have asked me to pack my meds in loose packets or in vitamin pill dispenser along with other vitamins to really look like vitamins. And she did mention to me I'm going there for 2 days Dubai so it should be fine. UK is even more fine.

If there's any more advice, info or experience and strategies, pls do let me know.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 01:13:13 am »
Hiya

Glad to hear all is going well.

Regarding Dubai, nothing official has changed in recent years to my knowledge and the below link is still up-to-date. http://www.hivtravel.org/Default.aspx?PageId=143&CountryId=189

I'm sure others will chime in.

Best, Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Expat1

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 12:32:57 pm »
I would switch them out into a vitamin pill jar if a lot of pills or just the MTWTHFSS pill dispensers if only a few days worth.  I would also bring a letter from a doctor that says the meds you are carrying are for a chronic medical condition (this should not be specified as to what the chronic condition) and that you are fit for travel and under his/her/they care.   That letter is important.   If asked what the meds are for , dont lie, say a chronic condition.   IF they ask more show the letter.   If they want more, have the doctors business card tell them they can call your doctor.

Offline lightalltheway

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 01:30:31 pm »
Traveling into the GCC (Including Dubai) countries with HIV medication is not a problem. Neither visiting them (Without declaring your HIV status).

You can also travel with your original containers or change them into vitamins ones. There is absolutely no need to stress or panic, no one will ever ask as long as the quantities are not huge (For trading purposes).

These are facts based on experience.

Safe travels.

Offline AnxiousBoy

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2019, 01:02:14 am »
Thanks guys, I have prediabetes and I guess I can use that IF they ever kept pushing and ask about the chronic condition.
Thanks for the advice. Killing myself with overthinking.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2019, 11:54:11 am »
Keep us posted on how the trip goes, hope it's not all work and you get to enjoy yourself as well.

Best, Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline AnxiousBoy

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2019, 06:22:21 am »
Traveling into the GCC (Including Dubai) countries with HIV medication is not a problem. Neither visiting them (Without declaring your HIV status).

You can also travel with your original containers or change them into vitamins ones. There is absolutely no need to stress or panic, no one will ever ask as long as the quantities are not huge (For trading purposes).

These are facts based on experience.

Safe travels.

When was your last trip to Dubai? Just asking. Airport security and screening got a lot more tighter since then right? With the recent news and all.

Offline lightalltheway

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2019, 03:56:22 pm »
When was your last trip to Dubai? Just asking. Airport security and screening got a lot more tighter since then right? With the recent news and all.

I am sending you this message from Oman and I was in Dubai before couple of weeks, exactly 12 days, carrying two labelled bottles from my medication/ Triumeq. I carried them both in my handbag with other medications and no body even asked.

I travel frequently and not even questioned once. Maybe less over thinking is good, you will be surely fine. If still so worried, just change the bottles to vitamins containers.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.