Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:17:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 658
Total: 658

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: South Park in Syndication...I Must Be Getting Old  (Read 4185 times)

Offline Basquo

South Park in Syndication...I Must Be Getting Old
« on: January 27, 2009, 02:53:30 am »
It seems like yesterday that I was recording South Park on VHS and coudln't wait for the newest episode...that must have been '96 or '97. Now I'm up late and it's on the local CBS affiliate, and a later episode (Mr. Garrison is a woman already.)

And I'm buying second-hand DVDs at Half-Price Books. I imagine that the Christmas South Park tape compilation that I made has already been produced and distributed.

How the damn old-man time flies.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
Re: South Park in Syndication...I Must Be Getting Old
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 09:23:05 am »
Old? Remember The Simpsons back when it was on Tracy Ulman?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6usT_M_yH0&feature=related

That clip reminds me of my younger brother and I watching TV before remote control, which makes me feel really old.

change the channel... You change the channel... no YOU change the channel...

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 02:04:31 pm »
I must admit, I haven't watched Southpark in a looong time.  It's not as humerous as it used to be.  I did like the first movie though; what was it called, "Southpark uncut?"  The one where the devil and Sadam were lovers.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline BUZZCUTT

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 02:22:59 pm »
I have the South Park Christmas Episodes on DVD and also they have out a dvd called I belive the Cartman Chronicles  or the World According to Cartman (I have it)  ;D
Buzz ♥

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 02:27:45 pm »
I use to be so into South Park but then I started getting into Family Guy. I catch it every so often on Comedy Central. Yeah, I saw tripping over the sex change too. I was like damn, it's been awhile since I watched..lol....I almost peed myself when they did the one on Michael Jackson.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 02:57:29 pm »
what was it called, "Southpark uncut?"  The one where the devil and Sadam were lovers.
Southpark: Bigger, Longer Uncut
and I'm not ashamed to say that I have the soundtrack with those great hits "Blame Canada" and "What Would Brian Boitano Do?"  ;D

I almost peed myself when they did the one on Michael Jackson.
"that's just ignorant"  ;D
it's always been a toss-up for me as to whether that "Mr. Jefferson" ep, the rainforest one (the kids sing about getting gay and Jennifer Aniston, with a huge bug on her back, yells "f*ck the rainforest") or the one with the nice woodland animals yelling "blood orgy" is my favorite.

My fav line though is near the end of the paris hilton episode, after Mr Slave has shown that he was a bigger whore, when someone yells out from the crowd: "The homosexual is correct!" ;D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline HIV+Me

• HIV + Me
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 09:27:07 pm »
and I'm not ashamed to say that I have the soundtrack

I remember playing it in my car, singing along with the windows down, and having to turn around in an elementary school parking lot (I missed a turn) while singing "'Fuck' is the worst word that you can say."  Didn't occur to me till I was back on the main road.

But as for the main thread, I got out of the habit of watching every episode some years back, so the reruns are nice to come across, but they just don't have the edge that grabbed me back at the beginning.  I did an episode of my comic strip about the then Mr. Garrison teaching the kids about condoms, and years later they do an actual episode of it.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 10:06:26 pm »
I did an episode of my comic strip about the then Mr. Garrison teaching the kids about condoms, and years later they do an actual episode of it.

Hijacking my own thread, but wha-wha-WHAT? You have a comic strip? You got a link for me?

Edited to add:  just found the link in your profile!  ;D

Offline HIV+Me

• HIV + Me
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 05:23:03 pm »
You have a comic strip? You got a link for me?

Yeah, I've been doing a comic strip called "HIV + Me" for years (started on it in late '94, coming out of  therapy session).  Mostly monthly, it's a guide to living with HIV, touching on everything from the meds, the daily travails, disclosure issues, whatever comes to mind.  Doing a South Park strip was an idea I had been thinking of doing for months (I've done lots of parodies along the way), but I didn't have a topic that came to mind.  Then one of the folks at the now-closed Atlanta AIDS Survival Project suggested I do a strip on how to properly maintain/store/use condoms.  So I knocked out http://hivnme.com/hivnme.com/southpark.html

I have to apologize if it's a bit small to read for some, at the time, I wasn't drawing the strips that large (or doing them in color).  My more recent strips are much better, I think.

Thanks for the online shout-out!
Chris

Offline BUZZCUTT

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 01:40:55 pm »
Anybody see the episode when cartman gave kyle hiv with a needle?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 01:42:37 pm by BUZZCUTT »
Buzz ♥

Offline antibody

• "every man thinks his burden is the heaviest"
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 07:59:17 pm »
south park gets better and better every year! those guys are hilarious!
Timbuk      <50/ 794  CD4 10/06 
                 <50/ 1096 CD4 3/07
                 <40/ 1854 CD4 4/09

Started Atripla  7/14/06
Switched to boosted Reyataz Truvada 3/28/07

*Ask me about Medical Marijuana and how it can help you!*

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 08:09:21 pm »
It seems like yesterday that I was recording South Park on VHS and coudln't wait for the newest episode...that must have been '96 or '97. Now I'm up late and it's on the local CBS affiliate, and a later episode (Mr. Garrison is a woman already.)

And I'm buying second-hand DVDs at Half-Price Books. I imagine that the Christmas South Park tape compilation that I made has already been produced and distributed.

How the damn old-man time flies.

South Park has been in in Syndication for at least the last 10 yrs. the 1st time I saw it in Syndication had to have been back in 99 or 2000....Basquo are you sure you live in TX, I'm starting it wonder about that?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:12:01 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Basquo

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 08:38:40 pm »
Sometimes I think I live in Asslandia...but last I checked it was still Texas on the maps...

If it was in in syndication then I certainly didn't know about it.  Keep in mind that syndication is reruns sold to receptive markets, so with all the cable + MTVtres on the open airwaves here in Austin, maybe it just wasn't marketable here.  I also didn't watch very much on WGN or WTBS even when I did have cable so I might have missed it if it was on nationally-known cable channel other than Comedy Central.

Also keep in mind that when I started this thread I was up late at nights recovering from surgery and not keeping my regular schedule.  Sometime the Oxycontin and Phenergan would wear off at odd hours and I would see the most bizzare things on late-night/meth-morning television!

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 10:00:39 pm »
Sometimes I think I live in Asslandia...but last I checked it was still Texas on the maps...

If it was in in syndication then I certainly didn't know about it.  Keep in mind that syndication is reruns sold to receptive markets, so with all the cable + MTVtres on the open airwaves here in Austin, maybe it just wasn't marketable here.  I also didn't watch very much on WGN or WTBS even when I did have cable so I might have missed it if it was on nationally-known cable channel other than Comedy Central.

Also keep in mind that when I started this thread I was up late at nights recovering from surgery and not keeping my regular schedule.  Sometime the Oxycontin and Phenergan would wear off at odd hours and I would see the most bizzare things on late-night/meth-morning television!

agreed.........glad your on the mend  ;D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.