Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:55:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773206
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 572
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 514
Total: 516

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Back after a whileeeeee  (Read 7902 times)

Offline CuriousG

Back after a whileeeeee
« on: December 07, 2006, 08:54:57 pm »
Hi all new to the forum, with the obvious reasons why most of us cannot wait till that so called ''3 month window period''is up, I was wondering. I am a 24 yrold married man  with 3 kids. I committed a foolish mistake at a strip club after work with some friends and received fellatio from a stripper nothing more nothing less. I felt deeply horrible for this and decided to get tested. I waited about 15-17 days exactly to do the PCR which I was told can detect the virus within 48-72 hrs and is used on HIV patients to monitor their HIV. I know it's an extremely sensitive test which means it may yeild a false postive but is on point with a negative. Now my question is this i waited exactly about 2 weeks and a few days is it possible for the virus to have hidden for that long in my DNA? or can I be comfy with this result 

Thanks for your reply

Offline Illusion22

Re: Curious oral question for you researchers ''Help""
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 10:44:18 pm »
Hey G (BTW before if this includes violating the forum rules im sorry guys....im not sure it will), but anyhow G I also took the pcr test! but mines was exactly at like 16 days. Rest assured that the experts in here know what they're talking about...what i was told by the medical office and by what iv'e seen in websites regarding the PCR is that it can detect even the smallest fragment of the virus within 48-72 hrs soo your time frame is pretty safe to say IMO but ill leave it to the experts to answer ya  God bless man! 

Once again i apologize if this was hijacking a thread of something like that

Offline CuriousG

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 11:02:33 pm »
:) thanks bro well yea ill wait till they answer not that i don't believe you or N-e thing but i just need to relax man besides she was a stripper and if she was HIV+ what if her amount of virus present in her body was high like i just need to clear that out she only gave me head.... in other words a high-infected HIV person giving you head i didnt see no blood or nutin but thats my main point and the PCR so researchers help me out here please I need to move on!

Offline md

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 02:05:45 am »
If all you did was get a blow job then you were at no risk and had no need to get tested in the first place.

Offline cubbybear

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 02:14:42 am »
As MD said, you can not get HIV from getting a blow job, there was no risk for you.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 07:04:42 am »
Illusion,

Stay in your own thread.

Curious,

Getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection, no matter what sort of spin you want to put on it. Guilt doesn't transmit hiv either.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline CuriousG

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 09:42:22 am »
Hey Mrs ANN 

I gladly appreciate your response well i guess i was super worried mainly because of guilt...immediately after the blowjob, guilt had kicked in i started to think omg she was stripper she probably has  higher concentration of the virus..she said she had cottonmouth and her mouth was kinda dry what if this what if that?...amazing what guilt can do to you. I surely will never committ that mistake again thanks lots!!

Offline CuriousG

ANN,HIVWorker,or Andy
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 06:33:58 pm »
I would like to know where i can take the new FDA approved RNA test i live in miami fl. Or where can i call to find out where they give it in my area??? please anyone??

Offline CuriousG

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 06:39:09 pm »
Thank you for moving the thread over here:) well do you guys know??

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 06:39:29 pm »
Curious,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

PCR-RNA testing is only meant to be used when there is a clear and present risk of hiv infection. So, unless you've had receptive anal intercourse and the guy was known to be hiv positive and came in your bum without a condom, then this description doesn't include you.

You got your dick sucked. That isn't a risk for hiv infection. You don't need any hiv testing over this incident and you certainly don't need PCR testing.

Ann

(um, you replied before I could after I moved it)

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 06:40:27 pm »
I doubt that you will find anyone to give you a test for a non risk situation. If you do be able to shell out the bucks for a P24 test. You are wasting your time on a P24 test you are over the timeline.

Offline CuriousG

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 06:42:02 pm »
OK thanks ann, rapid what do you mean im over the timeline?? for the p24?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 06:47:34 pm »
Curious,

Have you bothered to read the Welcome thread yet? Follow the Testing Lesson link found there and you'll understand what he means.

And remember, you didn't have a risk and you don't need to test over getting a blowjob.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 06:47:39 pm »
P24 is good from apx 1-3 weeks post exposures.

Offline CuriousG

Back after a whileeeeee
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2006, 12:04:40 am »
Well havent been in here in over a month i couldnt even find my thread anyhow. Its been 2 months and a week since my fellatio encounter with that prostitute lady and ive tested 2 weeks post-exposure with a Dna test  then 3 weeks with an antibody and tested at 6 weeks annd 5 days (Antibody) and i then i followed advice from some guy in here to donate blood since thats the only way to get that Nucleic acid test without paying an arm and leg for it ;). Everything since Dec 11 which is when i donated for it has been negative i have read the HIV lesson section and saw that a blowjob is a theoritical risk which is the ONLY reason i did all these tests. Now my question is this they said that NAT test detects HIV in the viral genes in 3-12 days does that mean that it can only be detected within that time frame like that p24 antigen test works or can i be safe to say that doing the NAT test in 51 days exactly post exposure is a 100% indication that HIV is nothing i have to worry about?? and my other question is do they also do an antibody test when you donate?? i would really appreciate if the 2 ending questions i asked would be answered and i will leave you all alone after thanks a bunch!.

Re: Back after a whileeeeee
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2006, 01:19:33 am »
Donating blood as a means of testing is unethical and your comments in your post about the professional lady means you were less than completely honest during the predonation question and answer session. Donating blood is offering a gift; the resultant tests are not payment as a means of easing a guilty conscience or unwarranted fears over a blow job

Someone more conscionable of your actions will have to answer your questions.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 04:09:14 am by 411 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2006, 04:48:20 am »
CuriousG, keep all your questions and thoughts in your orginal thread. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2006, 07:35:29 am »
Curious,

This is the second time I've had to merge your threads. Do you even bother reading what we write? Because if you did, you would have known how to find your thread. Get with the program!

You don't need testing. Who told you to use the blood bank as your own personal testing facility? You certainly didn't read that in the public forum - someone must have told you that via PM. IT'S WRONG!!!

Getting your dick sucked is NOT a risk for hiv infection. Not one single person has ever become infected this way in over 25+ years of this pandemic and sorry buddy, but you aren't going to be the first.

There's no point in answering your NAT questions. I refuse to be a party to unethical testing practices.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2006, 08:18:35 am »
Too add to the other comments not only is donating blood for the purposes of being tested and lying on the forms unethical, but it is illegal.  You can bet if I knew who you were I would make sure they knew what you were doing.  So if you don't have the conscience to understand why this is not a good thing to do, at least understand that it can get you into legal trouble.  The people here have more than answered everything you need to know.  About the testing, go look it up yourself.
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline CuriousG

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2006, 10:54:52 am »
Hey coffechick before opening your big damn mouth why dont you hear my explanation! i never lied at all! at the bloodcenter every question on the clipboard i answrred honestly it asked me if i engaged in  homosexual activity I DIDNT ima heterosexual, it asked me if ive done anal recently IVE NEVER PERFORMED ANAL on anyone! never nada!,asked if i payed to sleep with someone NEVER. So don't come in here talking smack and trying to bring me down. I donated alot before in the past...perhaps my question might of been unenthical and ive shouldve just asked questions about the nucleic acid test instead but dont try to bash me you can ban me if u want to ANN idc but the hell with this coffeechick!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2006, 11:06:15 am »
Hey, that's enough of your language. Did you or did you not say you had sex with a prostitute? You don't get it for free from a prostitute and you sure don't use the blood bank for testing. You have never been advised by any of us to use the blood bank for personal testing.

Offline CuriousG

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2006, 11:12:43 am »
I never said that any of you advised me!? why do you keep saying that???? i never said that any of you EXPERTS told me to do that...why do you insist on saying that? im just gonna lay off this site i dont need to be arguieing pointlessly from a keyboard thnx im out!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2006, 02:15:39 pm »
Well havent been in here in over a month i couldnt even find my thread anyhow. Its been 2 months and a week since my fellatio encounter with that prostitute lady and ive tested 2 weeks post-exposure with a Dna test  then 3 weeks with an antibody and tested at 6 weeks annd 5 days (Antibody) and i then i followed advice from some guy in here to donate blood since thats the only way to get that Nucleic acid test without paying an arm and leg for it ;). Everything since Dec 11 which is when i donated for it has been negative i have read the HIV lesson section and saw that a blowjob is a theoritical risk which is the ONLY reason i did all these tests. Now my question is this they said that NAT test detects HIV in the viral genes in 3-12 days does that mean that it can only be detected within that time frame like that p24 antigen test works or can i be safe to say that doing the NAT test in 51 days exactly post exposure is a 100% indication that HIV is nothing i have to worry about?? and my other question is do they also do an antibody test when you donate?? i would really appreciate if the 2 ending questions i asked would be answered and i will leave you all alone after thanks a bunch!.

Curious,

The underlined above is why everyone keeps mentioning it. We pride ourselves here on giving out CORRECT information - and correcting any misinformation that uninformed people give out.

I'm giving you a time out for your abuse of Coffeegirl. You could have either ignored her or disagreed with her without getting abusive. Abuse is not tolerated here. That, coupled with the fact that you have been repeatedly told that getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection, and you've earned yourself a four week time out. See if you can't learn some manners in that time and if you can't let go of your worries, an appointment with a mental health care professional is in order.

Ann

PS... and by the way, if you create a new account to get around your time out, you will be permanently banned, no questions asked.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 02:25:54 pm by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.